Guillaume and Stéphanie: the Pre-Wedding Interview

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the photos of the interview. Stéphanie look really lovely.

Is there a video of the complete interview ???

Unless you live in Belgium, it is unlikely you will be able to see the video since Place Royale is usually geographically restricted.

Thank You for the link.
What I like in Stephanie is her combined authentic spiritual innocence and intelligence, sometimes she seems to be a girl from different time.

Stéphanie impressed me in this interview; she appears genuinely self-confident and lovely... at a time that is fraught not only with great pressure but also with a mix of joy and mourning. This takes real grace.

I believe that both of them have chosen very well, and I wish them a long and happy life together. The people of Luxembourg should be very proud at the prospect of having these two young people represent them!

Last edited:
What a nice lady, so eloquent, well spoken, so different from others. She´s very warm also. Unfortunately I can only understand her answers:ermm:

What a nice lady, so eloquent, well spoken, so different from others. She´s very warm also. Unfortunately I can only understand her answers:ermm:
...so different from the others...Who are you referring to?

Here's the schedule of how the wedding will take place over the 2 days.

Friday, 19th October 2012

11 a.m.: Reception at the Grand Théâtre in Luxembourg City
This reception is offered by the government in honour of H.R.H. the Hereditary Grand Duke and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy, together with Luxembourg youth groups.
3.30 p.m.: Civil wedding
The civil wedding is going to take place in the town hall of Luxembourg City, on the square Guillaume II (Knuedler). The mayor, Xavier Bettel, is going to conduct the wedding.
Giant screens will be installed on the square Guillaume II for public viewing, on which spectators will be able to see the procession between the grand ducal Palais and the city hall.
8 p.m.: Gala-Dinner at the grand ducal Palace
The dinner will be prepared together with the renowned Luxembourgish cook Léa Linster, the first woman to have ever won the prestigious Bocuse d’Or award.

Saturday, 20th October 2012

11 a.m.: Religious wedding ceremony at the Cathedral Notre-Dame
The religious wedding ceremony will be celebrated by Archbishop Jean-Claude Hollerich.
Giant screens will be installed on the square Guillaume II for public viewing, on which spectators will be able to follow the religious wedding ceremony live.
1 p.m.: The newlywed couple will appear on the balcony of the grand ducal Palais, followed by a reception.
8.20 p.m.: Fireworks display from the Trois Glands, watched by the newlywed couple from the forecourt of the State Council (5, rue Sigefroi)
8.45 p.m.: Public concerts on square Guillaume II
The concert is going to be opened by Belgian singer Selah Sue, followed by the Luxembourg Funk Soul collective Funky P.

**The wedding is going to be broadcast live on the Luxembourgish TV station RTL, as well as on the Belgian TV stations RTL-TVI and RTBF La Une, and the German TV station ZDF.**

dbarn67 said:

Thank you for the link. They're indeed a very charming couple. Stephanie is very poised young woman, and it's quite clear that she has a lot of natural grace , as well as class.

Thanks Rayarena.

The article wasn't as negative as I expected it to be, in fact it was rather complimentary of Guillaume and Stephanie. But the author spent as much time stressing and discussing the brides's very blue blood and ancient noble origins vs. his Continental peers who have married "beneath themselves" beginning with Prince William- as she did the controversy over the cost of the wedding.

Was that necessary? :ermm:

Thanks Rayarena.

The article wasn't as negative as I expected it to be, in fact it was rather complimentary of Guillaume and Stephanie. But the author spent as much time stressing and discussing the brides's very blue blood and ancient noble origins vs. his Continental peers who have married "beneath themselves" beginning with Prince William- as she did the controversy over the cost of the wedding.

Was that necessary? :ermm:

I'm speculating that the author of the article focused on the contrast, because every other royal has married a commoner. Guillaume bucked the trend. Whenever anyone bucks a trend, this draws attention. In any case, I'm just happy that the marriage is drawing attention from different circles--everywhere from Chinese TV to an important American magazine like Forbes.

I for one can't wait for the day! I will be watching it on my computer.

Well, Gui's Crown Princely cousins in Belgium and Lichtenstein also "bucked the trend" and married noblewomen as well.

So maybe it's just a family preference. :cool:

But no matter. I agree that I am beyond excited about the wedding now that the long wait is almost over. :whistling:

Well, Gui's Crown Princely cousins in Belgium and Lichtenstein also "bucked the trend" and married noblewomen as well.

So maybe it's just a family preference. :cool:

But no matter. I agree that I am beyond excited about the wedding now that the long wait is almost over. :whistling:

You're right about Belgium and Lichtenstein. I forgot about those, but after those two we had Spain, Denmark, Sweden and England and they have all been commoners.

Interesting article from Forbes Magazine about the cost of the royal wedding:

How Much Does It Cost to Marry a Prince? - Forbes

350,000 euros to me is pretty reasonable for a royal wedding. In Britain, Kate's dress cost more. So whole royal wedding for less than the cost of that dress or half the reported cost of their flowers. :whistling:

Even if it really is 850,000 euros, still good compared to approx 30 million for British for Wiliam and Kate, and 70 million for Charles and Diana, or 60 million for Monaco for Albert and Charlene. Like the British, the Lux will recoupe the cost through the added tourism and by showing off the dress and stuff probably later for tourists. :flowers:

350,000 euros to me is pretty reasonable for a royal wedding. In Britain, Kate's dress cost more. So whole royal wedding for less than the cost of that dress or half the reported cost of their flowers. :whistling:

Even if it really is 850,000 euros, still good compared to approx 30 million for British for Wiliam and Kate, and 70 million for Charles and Diana, or 60 million for Monaco for Albert and Charlene. Like the British, the Lux will recoupe the cost through the added tourism and by showing off the dress and stuff probably later for tourists. :flowers:

I think $350,000 is rather reasonable too, even counting the fact that the Grand Duchy is so small.

Unfortunately I am not able to post the video of another pre-wedding-interview of Guillaume and Stephanie, but today the German boulevard-magazine "Leute heute" at ZDF has shown an "own" interview. Both Guillaume and Stephanie had spoken German - both very, very, very well. Stephanie had a strong french accent as Guillaume.

Both had talked about the other royal wedding guests, that they will show a good example of good relationship between each other, had talked about their own love story, the engagement ring, and so on.

It was so nice. You could see the love in their eyes.

Damn that I am not able to post a video link!

her french is impecable

One would hope that her French is impeccable, given that it's her native language and that she has received the benefit of a good education!

It sounds like she has a strong French accent in both German and Luxembourgish, but this is not uncommon. (Just as it is difficult for non-native French speakers to achieve an excellent accent in speaking French, it is also very difficult for native French speakers to lose their French accent when speaking other languages... or at least that's my observation). However, the important thing is that she can speak fluently and communicate with people of other nationalities; I believe that she speaks English and some Russian as well. Her ability to communicate will be a great asset to her new country.

Last edited:
It was fascinating listening to Guillaume and Stephanie bantering and chatting in German, appearing so relaxed and confident. This after conducting interviews on the same day in French and Luxembourgish and undoubtedly being asked the same questions over and over. :bang:

Yet they were charming and completely at ease with each interviewer. I had to keep reminding myself how very young these two are because they have the poise and confidence of a couple twice their age.

From the point of view of an outsider looking in, Luxembourg has hit the jackpot with their future Hereditary Grand Ducal couple and should feel very proud of them. :)

Last edited:
:previous:

Another outsider joins your sentiment.
Guillaume and Stephanie appear to be perfect not only for each other, but also for their country.

I also agree with the sentiment, Guillaume and Stéphanie are not only suited to be husband and wife but also a great Grand Ducal couple when their time comes

May I add my agreement to all who wrote before me. I truly see love in their eyes. God bless them both.

RTL (Belgian TV) programs available online

:crown5: . . . . . :coach: . . . . . :crown5:

Emmanuel Mestag, the producer of the royal Belgian TV broadcast "Place Royale" (RTL Belgium), has very kindly contacted the Administrators to advise the availability of RTL's interview with Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Stéphanie de Lannoy (in French).

RTL has also made portraits of the couple and another program on the wedding preparations.

The programs are now online:

Interview 1/3
- Emission spéciale 1/8 : Première partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Interview 2/3 - Emission spéciale 3/8 : Deuxième partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Interview 3/3 - Emission spéciale 5/8 : Troisième partie de l'interview de Guillaume et Stéphanie - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Le programme -
Emission spéciale 4/8 : Le programme du mariage princier - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Les préparatifs -
Emission spéciale 2/8 : Les préparatifs et les coulisses du mariage princier au Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Interview de Xavier Bettel -
Emission spéciale 6/8 : Interview avec le Bourgmestre de Luxembourg, Xavier Bettel - Vidéo - RTL TVI

Portrait de Stéphanie -
Emission spéciale 7/8 : Portrait de la future Princesse Stéphanie de Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Portrait de Guillaume - Emission spéciale 8/8 : Portrait du Grand-duc héritier Guillaume de Luxembourg - Vidéo - RTL TVI

:arrow: The wedding will be broadcast live in French on www.rtl.be

The live broadcast will be presented by RTL's journalist Thomas de Bergeyck with the French royal-watcher Stéphane Ber, the Belgian royal-watcher Patrick Weber and RTL's historian, Christian Cannuyer.

:luxstandard:

Another link for the German interview with ZDF
"Ein neues Leben fängt an" ("A new life begins"): "Ein neues Leben fängt an" - ZDF Royal - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
(~15 min)

And the short version for Leute heute: Bald ist Hochzeit in Luxemburg - Leute heute - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek

claypoint2
It sounds like she has a strong French accent in both German and Luxembourgish, but this is not uncommon.
IMO her accent in German isn't very strong, though it's clearly there. She speaks fast which shows to me that she is quite secure. Sometimes she uses the wrong vocabulary or hesitates to find the right one and she makes grammatical errors but I think her pronounciation is quite good (compared with other French native speakers I know). You could understand everything she said and she comes across as intelligent and eloquent (which isn't that easy in a foreign language :)).

I like this couple and - unlike Kate or Charlene - Stephanie sparks my interest in her and her/their development in the future. (But maybe that's just because this couple gets less media attention and therefore there are more things left to discover.)

Last edited:
Great interviews... I just wish I knew what they were saying lol but they really seem like they're made for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom