Gender, name, and godparent guesses for Guillaume and Stephanie’s first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Guillaume and Stéphanie's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 38 55.9%
  • Girl

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

IloveCP

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
United States
I would love if Crown Princess Victoria is one of the godparents as well as some Belgian and Dutch royals like Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima.

I would love if Crown Princess Victoria is one of the godparents as well as some Belgian and Dutch royals like Queen Mathilde and Queen Maxima.
Wouldn't Crown Princess Elisabeth be a good choice for a godmother? The two will probably reign at the same time and meet many times because of geography and the family relationship.

For a boy i would like the name Adolphe as not only the first Grand -Duke of the Nasau-Weilburg braNch was nmaed Adolphe but it is also an old nassau Family name. But very unlikely given the Fact that this name has an unfortunate connection since the 1930's

For a boy i would like the name Adolphe as not only the first Grand -Duke of the Nasau-Weilburg braNch was nmaed Adolphe but it is also an old nassau Family name. But very unlikely given the Fact that this name has an unfortunate connection since the 1930's
Both of the child's grandfathers have Albert as a secondary name so that might be given as one of the names if it's a boy.

Wouldn't Crown Princess Elisabeth be a good choice for a godmother? The two will probably reign at the same time and meet many times because of geography and the family relationship.

I would also love if Elisabeth was one of the godparents. Maybe Elisabeth will be a godparent to many royal children someday like Crown Princess Victoria.

Both of the child's grandfathers have Albert as a secondary name so that might be given as one of the names if it's a boy.

I think more likely are either Jean or Philippe if it is a boy.

Girl : Charlotte Alix Thérèse Elisabeth

Boy: Jean Philippe Albert Guillaume

This is such joyful news. As for names this is gonna be a bit hard. I would say Alix for a girl but theres already 2 Alix as grandhildren on the G.Duchess's side and then theres her sister in law Alexandra. I was looking at Charlotte but theres also a granddaughter named Charlotte on G.Duchess's side. I like Madeline (G.Duchess maternal Grandmothers name). So for a girl imma go with Madeline Alix Marie for now. For a boy im hoping for a Maximilian. I love that name and there are 3 (i believe) dukes with that name. Plus each name will have Marie in it (seems to be the case in both Luxembourg and Belgium) So for now imma go with Maximilian Guillaume Marie. For god parents, i think the Duchess of Brabant will be godmother. The families have very close ties. If not, maybe the King and Queen of Belguim? Princess Alexandra too.

For a girl, would a Marie-Adélaïde II be a possibility, or does the image of Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde remain tainted?

It would be interesting if the couple departed from the recent tradition of using the French form of given names, but I am not expecting it to happen.

I think maybe Stephanie will give names inspired by looking into her Lannoy family tree, or Alix as her passed parents' names: Alix for the girl or Phillipe for the boy for sure, but not as the first name. Beautiful name is Baudouin (de Lannoy) - a connection with Belgian Royal Family, Valentin, Florent, Antoine, Maximilien, Jean, Adrien, Jacques, François. Madeleine, Jacqueline, Claudine, Hélène, Marguerite, Eleonore, Clementine, Josephine, Isabelle. So many beautiful names for a girl.

Princess Alix Maria Teresa Josephine-Charlotte Stephanie of Luxemburg

Prince Jean Henri Philippe Maria Guillaume of Luxemburg

Godparents: Princess Alexandra of Luxemburg, Count Jehan de Lannoy.

Jean or Henri for a boy.
Charlotte or Alix for a girl.

Personally I hope it will be a girl so we will have another female future monarch:D.

Girl: Antonia/Isabelle for the first name, and Alix, Madeleine, Teresa or Josephine came after it
Boy: Joseph/Alexandre for first name, Jean, Henri or Philippe for the middle names

Godparents: I think normally they will choose close relatives (parents' silbing or grandparents)? So probably Stephanie's sibling Jehan or Natalie, and Alexandra or Felix. But like many of you I would love to see Elisabeth of Belgium being a godparent too.

I expect that Alice, her mother’s name, will be in the mix if not the first name.

Alix-Marie Teresa Josephine Charlotte

I like the names Jean, Phillipe and Henri ...maybe they can use all of them in one order or another. I kinda like Phillipe best for a first name.

For a girl I really like Helena, Josephine, Madeleine and even Natalie for a name.

LaRae

Personally I hope it will be a girl so we will have another female future monarch:D.

That would be very nice, as well as marking the first time that a woman would become the head of the House of Nassau while there were males of that lineage still living. But four of the five children and three of the four grandchildren (in male lineage) of Grand Duke Henri are male, so a boy appears to be the safer guess. ;)

In that event, I would love to see them follow the precedent set with the names of Grand Dukes Jean and Henri and revive the name of another ruling count or duke of Luxembourg. A Sigismond or Othon would be a refreshing change from the numerous Jeans and Guillaumes in the Nassau family (though I have no idea how the names of medieval monarchs might sound from a modern Luxembourgian viewpoint).

Last edited:
Male
Jean Henri Philippe Marie
Guillaume Henri Philippe Marie
Alexandre Henri Philippe Marie

Female
Elisabeth Alix Marie Teresa
Charlotte Alix Marie Teresa
Sophie Alix Marie Teresa

For a girl: Adélaïde Marie Joséphine Alix

For a boy : Baudoin Philippe Marie Charles

Girl : Charlotte Alix Thérèse Elisabeth

Boy: Jean Philippe Albert Guillaume

Absolutely perfect. Both of them!

I adore CP Victoria but she has an army of godchildren at this point.

I would like to see the young Duchess of Brabant as godmother, and Prince Felix as god father. Or Prince Louis.

Boy: Joseph Guillaume Philippe Alexandre
Girl: Marie Alix Madeleine Alexandra.

Godparents: Duchess of Brabant, Count Olivier de Lannoy.

Boy : Prince Philippe (after Stéphanie's father)
Girl Princess Alix (after Stéphanie's father)

I'd love to see Queen Letizia getting her 1st royal Godchild!

It would be especially nice if a girl shared her name with the Belgian Crown Princess, which as the name of a medieval Duchess of Luxembourg would be highly suitable.

Would be very nice but i think the GD Family only have 2 godparents as most other catholic Royal Families. And it could be that the use a sibling of each Guillaume and Stephanie. And there are plenty to choice.

:previous: I agree...just like Albert and Charlene of Monaco, I think Gui and Stephanie will choose only Catholic godparents.

:previous: I agree...just like Albert and Charlene of Monaco, I think Gui and Stephanie will choose only Catholic godparents.

Isn't Princess Elisabeth a Catholic? Or is there another reason she would be ineligible?

My very shaky guesses:

Jean Philippe Marie Henri

Marie Alix Theresa Wilhelmine

Isn't Princess Elisabeth a Catholic? Or is there another reason she would be ineligible?

Oh yes, of course she is Catholic. I think she would be a great choice but I don't think she will be selected.

I think all the godparents will be from the GD House of Nassau, or the House of Lannoy .

How many godparents do Guillaume and his siblings have? I assume they have more than two, and I imagine that the little one will have a larger number of godparents as well. Maybe they will choose a mix of other royals, siblings and close friends.
Princess Elisabeth would be a nice choice, she's a second cousin, catholic and a future Queen of a neighboring state.
From the siblings maybe Felix and a sister of Stephanie, but I don't know to whom she is especially close.
And from their circle of friends Stephanie's good friend Blanche von und zu Bodmann (nee Merode) comes to mind.

As for the names, I wonder if they will go all traditional and chose something with a family tradition, like Jean or Charlotte. Or they may go for something with a modern feel, something they chose simply because the like the sound of it.

:previous: Since this infant will be a future Head of State(God willing), I think there may be several god parents as well.

But I am almost certain there will be a Lannoy chosen, and maybe one of Gui's siblings too.

If they luck out like Charlene and Albert and have both a boy and a girl, I will be ecstatic!

The (future) head of the House Orange-Nassau as a godparent for the future head of the House Nassau. So King Willem-Alexander or Princess Catharina-Amalia are safe bets for godparenting if looking outside the family. The future father himself is parrain of the Princess of Orange.

But the Nassaus do it calmly, like more Catholic families: the current hereditary Grand-Duke only has his uncle and namesake prince Guillaume as parrain and his aunt princess Marie Astrid as marraine. That is it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom