Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really shocked! I didn't even realize he was dating! Well I guess he's very private. I wish him happiness.

Tomorrow at 15:30 the presentation of Countess Stéphanie to te press will take place in the presence of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, other members of the Grand Ducal family, and members of the family of Countess Stéphanie.

Tomorrow morning, at, 11:30 the Hereditary Grand Duke, along with his parents, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, will present the Countess to members of the government. Afterwards the families of the bride- and groom-to-be will have a private lunch.

Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2012

I'm really shocked! I didn't even realize he was dating! Well I guess he's very private. I wish him happiness.

He is, like rest of his family. Also press in Luxembourg is not very interesting in private life of their princely family, only tabloids are searching for some 'scandals'.

Tomorrow at 15:30 the presentation of Countess Stéphanie to te press will take place in the presence of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, other members of the Grand Ducal family, and members of the family of Countess Stéphanie.

Tomorrow morning, at, 11:30 the Hereditary Grand Duke, along with his parents, the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, will present the Countess to members of the government. Afterwards the families of the bride- and groom-to-be will have a private lunch.

Fiançailles de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc Héritier - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Avril 2012

Thanks for the information! :)
waiting forward to seeing Stephanie and her family with the Grand Ducal Family.

this is fantastic news! i wish the very best to the couple.

i wonder if there will be an interview with them?

i can't wait to find out more about the wedding. we are surely spoilt for weddings in the latest years...

Don´t stone me now, but I find her unpleasent. Well, congrats Guillaume :)

She may be particularly charming; that's something which will come to light in the years to come. Lets hope she has a similar disposition to that of the Duchess of Brabant. Well bred and graceful in manner.

But to gaze upon, I confess that I too don't find her beautiful, nor pretty. But I now look forward to familiarising myself with the future Grand Duchess over the years to come and hope she and her soon to be husband have a very happy and long life together.

Last edited:

I remember there have been some rumours last year already - but it was always a bit silent around his dating activities. AND- I remember that most people said they bet he will marry somebody from a noble family.
So congratulations - may your love last.

Fürstin Taxis said:
Don´t stone me now, but I find her unpleasent. Well, congrats Guillaume :)

Perhaps she should avoid any profile pictures.

Have these two ever actually been seen in one another's company before this? The media here don't cover the Luxembourg royals so I genuinely don't know.

I wonder if she'll try and convince Guillaume to get rid of the beard?

Congratulations to the Happy Couple!!! Much happiness to them!!

EIIR said:
Have these two ever actually been seen in one another's company before this? The media here don't cover the Luxembourg royals so I genuinely don't know.

I wonder if she'll try and convince Guillaume to get rid of the beard?

He mentioned on the occasion of his 30th birthday (to reporters, no less) that there was someone in his life, which lead said reporters to hassle Stéphanie. Luxarrazzi has more on it if you go back to one of their November posts. :)

Picture of the Couple: http://tinyurl.com/86qpgky

I think she looks fine. She has a very merry and engaging twinkle in her eye. I suspect that fully dressed in tiara, jewels and regalia she will make a splendid impression.

Finally! Congratulations to Guillaume! Another Great Royal Wedding to come!! I was really shocked by this news!

Although its quite normal for people of similar backgrounds to marry--after all, they run around in the same circles--its is notable [as others have mentioned] that Guillaume is marrying an aristocrat. Notable if only because other princes and princesses have married commoners, so it makes it seem as if Guillaume is running against the trend. Personally, I'm delighted that he is marrying such an illustrious young lady, and like his grandfather, its interesting that he chose a Belgian. So again, we will see Luxembourg and Belgium united! Congratulations to the young prince! I will definitely be on the look out for Point de Vue and Hola!

How nice for her to be the baby of such a large family-and he the oldest in his family,a very good combination!

Congratulations to GD Guillaume and Countess Stephanie..she is a very impressive young woman. His late grandmother Josephine-Charlotte would be absolutely thrilled with Guillaume's choice, I'm sure! ;)

I have been browsing the Royalty message boards today and there are a lot of disappointed young females today. But I personally cannot wait for this wedding! It's becoming such a rarity for a Royal to marry an aristocrat or another Royal...that alone will make this a must see event for Royal watchers!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A very very big congratulations to the happy Royal couple. After all these years, finally we hear of this wonderful news of a wedding from Luxembourg. I pray for their happiness and let Luxembourg and the world rejoice with this union of Royal matrimony. God bless them forever.

:luxstandard:

Official meeting with the couple later this afternoon as the engagement actually is Today,it was just announced yesterday...as we all know...grin...The wedding is on this summer.

This summer?! Wow, that's so soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom