Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes. Someone has pointed out that one of her "sides" is much better than the other. The difference is not so significant for most, but for her it may be. I think that she looks much better when she is photographed from the left side than from the right or the front. In any case, she is lovely... and so very Belgian in her looks and demeanor, especially as a child!

Last edited:
Good that she is completely healthy, giving her parents' age when she appeared...

I have received an answer to my congratulation card ! A card and no pic.
I am delighted !

I do wish she would dress a bit more youthful. You can still be professional and conservative without looking like you're a grandmother- I think the Duchess of Cambridge proves that!

Pray tell, what does a grandmother wear?

Pray tell, what does a grandmother wear?

Poor wording choice on my part, I'll admit it. But I maintain that her clothing choices could be improved. She's got a fabulous figure- show it off! She could wear pretty much anything; why not chose something a bit more fitted or with a more flattering cut?

Perhaps she is just conservative and more modest than you are used to, or perhaps she just it not used to dressing to please the public as opposed to pleasing herself.

That layered red dress Stephanie wore at Berg Castle was by the House of Natan. Many of the BeNeLux Royal women wear Natan, but I really don't like most of their designs at all..they can make even an elegant woman like the Duchess of Brabant look like a frump. :bang:

Stephanie de Lannoy has a slender, shapely figure but from certain angles that red dress made her look matronly and thick. The color was gorgeous against her fair complexion, but the style was frankly unflattering, imo.

Unfortunately, I have a very strong feeling that she will select Natan to design her bridal gown.:ermm::ermm:

I thank we all have different taste and she has hers. To me she has now given up her privacy for the rest of her so give her the one thing that makes her feel special her taste in clothes. Like them or not they make her feel like a million bucks and allows her to relax. Diana had her look and Kate has hers and so does the future Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

Good point Duke of A.

She has what's really important...a handsome fiance who appears completely besotted with her, and the most gorgeous diamond engagement ring ever.

The rest is gravy. ;)

:previous: Absolutely agree! She seems to be a bit shy and reserved, which is perfectly acceptable, since her fiance finds her very lovable. I look forward to their wedding with anticipation.

Good point Duke of A.

She has what's really important...a handsome fiance who appears completely besotted with her, and the most gorgeous diamond engagement ring ever.

The rest is gravy. ;)
Gravy Beef!

Does anyone else get the feeling that this is an arranged marriage? I do and here are some reasons why:

-Guillaume is 30, I'm sure he was pressured to get married and have heirs very soon and with no other prospects and having dating normal people out of the question, Stephanie was the best choice.
-Their families are obviously close, heck they are even related!
-Stephanie's parents are getting up in age, especially her father, it doesn't even look like he might last too much longer.
-Stephanie is pushing 30 and who knows if she has any prospects.
-Again, her father is old I'm sure he would like to see his last child off and married before he kicks the bucket.
-Her pedigree is very impressive.
-I'm sure she is drama free and Henri and M-T are probably glad they won't have anymore of that after Tessy and Louis.
-And finally they have not been dating that long, I honestly don't think they know each other that well. (BTW dating is different than being friends)

These are just a few points that I have noticed, also they don't look that in love to me. They look nervous and giddy but that is to be expected when all this hoopla is going on and you haven't know the person that long. I think when everything settles down and they get into the swing of royal life it will be tough for both of them. I don't see the spark lasting that long like I see it still in Henri and M-T. I feel this is not the best choice for Guillaume and that it will not be the perfect marriage but like Stephanie's father said "They are happy and Luxembourg is happy" so I guess that's all that matters, that the state has the heir married off. I hope it works out.

Valid points. But he did seem very happy in the videos, unless he's a good actor. She seemed overwhelmed, understandably, as she has not been in the public eye as long as he has. He did seem genuinely giddy though, but I haven't seen many interviews with him, so I don't know if that behavior is out of character. He was certainly more animated than Prince William was, who always seems a bit cold.

Not everyone acts the same so I say lets leave them b. Even if you are use to the public eye I am sure announcing ones engagement is a bit stressful when it goes out to anyone in the world. Then there is the good comments and the bad comments. Lets wish them happiness .

Meraude, that is a beautiful picture of Guillaume and Stephanie. I think they are really happy. I wish they would marry civilly now, because Europe is going into a dark time, as we all know, and they need to be together. Just a thought. They are a bright spot in a dark Europe. there may be too much chaos by October to even sustain a royal wedding. Collapse of Euro, all of the rest of that which everyone knows. God bless this delightful couple.

Collapse of Euro, all of the rest of that which everyone knows.

The future of the Euro and the EU surely looks dark at the moment, that being said it is definitely not a guarantee that it will collapse.

Meraude, that is a beautiful picture of Guillaume and Stephanie. I think they are really happy. I wish they would marry civilly now, because Europe is going into a dark time, as we all know, and they need to be together. Just a thought. They are a bright spot in a dark Europe. there may be too much chaos by October to even sustain a royal wedding. Collapse of Euro, all of the rest of that which everyone knows. God bless this delightful couple.

I wouldn't mind if they married now.

As for the "dark time," I don't think anyone should feel that the world economy is stable. The American economy is in the ditch, but that's my economy. I would never presume to know what is going on behind closed doors here, or anywhere else. We only know what we are told.

Marie1, I think you are very pessimistic....let's hope for improvement !

KittyAtlanta, yes we only know what we are told about the economies, not only of Europe but of the USA. We are told it is going to be a bad time. We are told it will be as bad or worse as the crash of 1929. They may be wrong.

Rominet, yes, I hope for a miracle of recovery. If the world were run like Luxembourg or Leichtenstein, we would not be facing the economic hard times which other countries of Europe and America face. That is one reason I got to reading about Luxembourg and Leichtenstein, then got hooked on the Royals. The conservative policies of Luxembourg had it completely solvent last I heard...but haven't heard lately...and that is not true (from what we are told) in most of Europe. I think Finnland is one country solvent, apart from Luxembourg and Leichtenstein. there may be some others but I have not heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew Guillaume's engagement to Countess Stephanie de Lannoy from Tumblr. I was so happy when I heard that he's getting married :ROFLMAO: Congratulations, Guillaume and Stephanie.

Not much news about the Luxembourg wedding. Very private. Will therefore be a big nice surprise to see the dress and that of her attendants. And which tiara. And which tiara Maria Teresa will wear.

Talking about tiaras, if I remember correctly, Maria Teresa borrowed a tiara from Josephine Charlotte when she married Henri, but I'm sure that the ancient and grand Lannoy family will not have to borrow anything. They probably have their own set of exquisite jewels that Stephanie will likely wear, heirlooms that have been handed down for centuries.

Does Luxembourg put out souveniers like Britain does when there's a royal wedding? The British put out plates with the faces of the royal fiances, etc... But does Luxembourg do the same? I know that Luxembourg puts out stamps and there will probably be a book put out with photographs of the wedding, but can we expect anything else? Does anyone remember if there were souvenirs when Henri married Maria Teresa?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you'll be able to find souvenirs, if any at all, for the royal wedding.

I don't think you'll be able to find souvenirs, if any at all, for the royal wedding.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm pretty sure that they'll put out stamps and probably a book. There was a photography book published on the coronation of Henri and there was a stamp put out when Henri married Maria Teresa, but I wonder what else--if anything-- they might put out?

I hope there will be.... a trip to Luxembourg will be in order !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom