The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
You got confused. This is what happened to Mary Donaldson.
No, I'm not confused at all.

The Crown Princess of Denmark, like all other reigning European Crown Princesses (besides the Duchess of Brabant who although untitled, was a member of the nobility) were in the same position. They all entered a world of granduer beyond that of which they were born. Naturally it was a life changing experience for them in every way.

Stéphanie is a Countess of noble blood and is to become a royal consort with the style and distinction of an HRH; a designation she otherwise would not have held.

As such, her prospects of a priveleged life beyond that which she has otherwise known in her own right, are again improved.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

I would say that the fact that Stéphanie seems to be secure enough about how she looks and haven't rushed to a plastic surgeon to "remodel" her face before the engagement (as it seems as some other royal ladies have done) to become the flawless classical beauty some of the posters seems to think a princess should look like, is for me something refreshing. To be secure with herself and how she looks even when knowing that she will be photographed and her looks commented by people shows a strong character which I think is more important than a "perfect" face.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Courtier

I think what most of you are forgetting is this is MY opinion and how I see it. I didn't say anything disrespectful, I respect all of your comments and I don't try to tare them down. You have your opinions and are free to express them just like I am. Plus I didn't say there was anything wrong with arranged marriages, for some it works for them. The end, now I hope you all can jump off the bandwagon.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Do have to admit that is my favourite engagement ring of a royal, Mary's has been pushed to second.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Love the ring!
Old 04-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another photogallery

PPE Agency
Old 04-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

This thread is really long, what post has images of the ring?
Also this is another engaged lady who wore blue; clearly these ladies have a memo that passes between them that they have to have some blue in their outfit when they announce an engagement.
Edit
NM Marika has some pix in her post.
The ring is pretty and big without being gaudy.
I really can't believe people have a problem with this ladies looks. I admit I have only seen a few pictures but she definitely is not ugly or plain.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Nobility

This question was in this topic, but does somebody know if dad of Countess Stephanie - Count de Lannoy has trouble with walking? I notice on this photo a wheelchair behind Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess MT.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I think what most of you are forgetting is this is MY opinion and how I see it. I didn't say anything disrespectful, I respect all of your comments and I don't try to tare them down. You have your opinions and are free to express them just like I am. Plus I didn't say there was anything wrong with arranged marriages, for some it works for them. The end, now I hope you all can jump off the bandwagon.
Your cynicism could very well have waited for another day.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
In all fairness, HRHAmy, you posed a question in your initial post ("Does anyone else get the feeling that this is an arranged marriage?"), so it is not surprising that you received answers. Some people may strongly agree or disagree with you, but no one (at least IMO) has been insulting or disrespectful on either side of the debate.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

I do not understand what was going on. This is a public forum and everyone can write here what he thinks. There was discussion, and if one does not insult other people, not using the censored words it does no harm can be expressed in the discussion about whether or not the marriage was arranged. I know this is speculation, but sometimes people like to talk on such subjects, and there is nothing wrong with that if if the statements do not offend other forum participants.

So please be calm and come back to topic :)

So anybody know the answear to my last question?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Marta (welcome fellow poster from Poland ), it could be GD Jean on this wheelchair, you can see him on this side on other pictures from PPE.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Because that is really fair, please. You should post a warning in the beginning of this thread if you wanted it to be all one sided.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

To Marta19plÀs you know from the beginning of this thread , Stephanie’s father is nearly 90 years old the same age than Guillaume’s grandfather.
We saw him on TV and he looked and spoke very very slowly and he may move with the help of a wheelchair
To me , but it is just my opinion , he has been ill and it is therefore that the official engagement was postponed until he was going better and able to come to Luxembourg.
The de Lannoy family belongs to Belgium’s highest Nobility and they don’t deserve this out of topic remarks . regards MO
Old 04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Marta (welcome fellow poster from Poland ), it could be GD Jean on this wheelchair, you can see him on this side on other pictures from PPE.
Hello agami.pearl, nice to meet you :) I've seen many of your posts on various topics in this forum, but I never noticed that you're from PL

I think --> http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...4-2012%20Ducal --> that is fahter of Countess Stephanie - Count de Lannoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
To Marta19plÀs you know from the beginning of this thread , Stephanie’s father is nearly 90 years old the same age than Guillaume’s grandfather.
We saw him on TV and he looked and spoke very very slowly and he may move with the help of a wheelchair
To me , but it is just my opinion , he has been ill and it is therefore that the official engagement was postponed until he was going better and able to come to Luxembourg.
The de Lannoy family belongs to Belgium’s highest Nobility and they don’t deserve this out of topic remarks . regards MO
I asked out of curiosity and did not want to offend anyone. I know that the Count has 90 years, and it may be sick, but I wanted to know - if you know - is ita serious disease and if he could appear at the wedding of his daughter. That's it.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Courtier

I wonder if we will see Stephanie appearing on day to day events with Guillaume? I'm guessing we will Stephanie at The National Day celebrations.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight
Stephanie doesn't have to win any beauty prizes. They suit one another in terms of looks, IMO. Of course, it's natural for Guillaume's fans to feel disappointed, this is totally understandable.
And why an 'arranged' marriage? Didn't they date for two years?
Amen my friend. I do not have to type much other than read the above post.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
I think --> [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto --> that is fahter of Countess Stephanie - Count de Lannoy.

I know that the Count has 90 years, and it may be sick, but I wanted to know - if you know - is ita serious disease and if he could appear at the wedding of his daughter.
Marta, I am pretty sure that the gentleman who is in a wheelchair in this photograph is Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg. But Count Philippe de Lannoy was born in 1922, and, as Maria Olivia has noted, he appeared quite weak in the videotaped interview. I wouldn't be surprised if he, too, needed a wheelchair. As for whether he will appear at his daughter's wedding, I imagine that his health will be the determining factor.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know nothing about Stephanie or her family or the one she is marrying into. How old is Stephanie? It appears she is about 60yrs younger than her father.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Marta, I am pretty sure that the gentleman who is in a wheelchair in this photograph is Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg. But Count Philippe de Lannoy was born in 1922, and, as Maria Olivia has noted, he appeared quite weak in the videotaped interview. I wouldn't be surprised if he, too, needed a wheelchair. As for whether he will appear at his daughter's wedding, I imagine that his health will be the determining factor.
Sorry, but you don't understand that the person I'm talking about. I know how to look Grand Duke Jean and I know that man on the left side of this photo is GDJ, but I talk about the person on wheelchair which I see behind Countess de Lannoy and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. The rest of your post is understandable to me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I know nothing about Stephanie or her family or the one she is marrying into. How old is Stephanie? It appears she is about 60yrs younger than her father.
Stephanie is 28 years old - she was born on February 18th 1984. Her father has 63 years old when she was born. Some posts earlier you can read about this.

Tags
engagement, hereditary grand duke guillaume, stephanie de lannoy