Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
438pxgreatercoatofarmso.png

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is engaged to Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy.

The engagement of Herediary Grand Duke Guillame and Countess Stephanie de Lannoy was announced on Thursday 26.04.2012.
There will be a Press Conference at 10h30
RTL.lu - Society - Ierfgroussherzog Guillaume: Verlobung confirméiert!

Last edited:
Congratulation Guillaume! And best wishes to Stephanie! :luxstandard:

Perhaps this was the reason Guillaume wasn't on most of the State Visit to Germany?

The announcement

Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, ont la très grande joie d’annoncer les fiançailles de Leur fils, Son Altesse Royale le Prince Guillaume, Grand-Duc Héritier, avec la Comtesse Stéphanie de Lannoy.
Palais, le 26 avril 2012

Last edited:
Congratulations !:flowers: Another royal wedding on the way ! :luxflag:

If I've done the conversion right, the press conference will be in 1 1/2 hours at 10.50 CET, correct? Can someone in Europe confirm this?

One of my biggest 30th birthday presents. Congratulations!

Congrats! I am so happy for them! I can't wait until the wedding!

Such happy news!!!

If I've done the conversion right, the press conference will be in 1 1/2 hours at 10.50 CET, correct? Can someone in Europe confirm this?

You are right! And it's in less than 1 hour now :flowers:

Congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie, then the rumours were right afterall! They look very happy and very much in love. All my best wishes to them.

Congratulations!
Does anyone know how old is Stephanie?

I didn't even realise he was dating, but then again I'm not altogether interested in the Grand Ducal family (besides the reigning couple that is).

So she's a granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Ligne and a member of the high nobility in Belgium. With all the new blood that has been introduced into Europe over the past 4O or so years, it seems more perculiar (nowadays) that people of notable breeding should wed. Certainly for people outside of Europe I imagine.

That there shall be a wedding with a grand attendance no doubt (?), will surely be something to anticipate.

Last edited:
I didn't even realise he was dating, but then again I'm not altogether interested in the Grand Ducal family (besides the reigning couple that is).

So she's a granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Ligne and a member of the high nobility in Belgium. With all the new blood that has been introduced into Europe over the past 4O or so years, it seems more perculiar (nowadays) that people of notable breeding should wed. Certainly for people outside of Europe I should think.

Well, there shall be a wedding with a grand attendance no doubt so that's something to anticipate.

According the Guillaume from last November, they've been together just over a year so it was perhaps easy to miss that they were dating.

I agree with you regarding the new blood over the last few decades, and especially since Guillaume's own mother and sister-in-law were not royals nor nobles prior to marriage (and the Grand Duchess wasn't exactly GD Josephine-Charlotte's first choice for her Henri), it seems odd that Guillaume would be the one heir to marry someone noble.

It's fantastic that they've been dating only a year before the engagement announcement, the most royal couples had been dating for ages before any official announcement.

My, they look happy! Wonderful!
I hope I'll be able to watch the press conference live. Does anybody have the link?

Odd?What on earth for?No,natural,people meet,noble or not,and it was known for months this couple was an issue expected to last longer then a flirt.Just not here....well...:whistling:

Congratulations to the lovely couple!!

imgbox - fast, simple image host

Congratulations to both of them!!!. She is gorgeous!!!

It's fantastic that they've been dating only a year before the engagement announcement, the most royal couples had been dating for ages before any official announcement.

They know each other 5 years from which 2 intimate.

That´s a big suprise. I did not expected it, despite the fact I knew there is something big happening in Luxembourg for few weeks. Well congratulation to the couple. Hope they will live hapily ever after.

Wow! I've heard many rumors, but I'm still surprised.

Congratulations to them! :flowers:

Congratulations to the couple and their relatives! hardly surprising as the HGD commented on a relationship not too long ago, but good news nontheless. I expect that a LOT of royals will attend this wedding, both reiging and esp. non-reigning.

To DukeofMarmalade: the Belgian nobility seems somewhat exclusive still, I would say around 80% still marries their fellow nobles, just take a look in Stephanie's family tree for example: Lannoy (though her own elder siblings seem to be the exceptions to the rule).

Congratulations to the couple!

Congratulations to the couple and their relatives! hardly surprising as the HGD commented on a relationship not too long ago, but good news nontheless. I expect that a LOT of royals will attend this wedding, both reiging and esp. non-reigning.

To DukeofMarmalade: the Belgian nobility seems somewhat exclusive still, I would say around 80% still marries their fellow nobles, just take a look in Stephanie's family tree for example: Lannoy (though her own elder siblings seem to be the exceptions to the rule).

The wedding will be a who´s who in Royalty and Nobility,and us here at TRF...;)

Lannoy

Oh good heavens...I didn't suppose her father is so old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom