Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the date actually been annouced of when the wedding will be

No, the prime minister Juncker only said that it will take placed in the second half of the year. Have a look at Luxarazzi, they have various articles about the different topics.

i dont find Stephanie that beautiful either, but she has something special which i dont know how to explain, she seems to be a very down-to-earth person and she has the charisma of a "people's princess". well, this is only based on the engagement pictures, but a pictures tells 1000 words.

cant wait for the press event!!! 11:30 from Luxembourg's time right? i think its one hour advanced from Portugal.

At 11.30 will be meeting with government and other 'important' people. Press conference with the pair is scheduled for 16.00 (15.00 in Portugal I think).

At 11.30 will be meeting with government and other 'important' people. Press conference with the pair is scheduled for 16.00 (15.00 in Portugal I think).

And midnight in Australia (AEST) unfortunately. I'll still be up if anyone has a link to watch online. :flowers:

I found this article, it's a bit dated, and perhaps others have already read it, but it gives interesting details-that I was interested in- about Stephanie's background and her blood ties to Guillaume:

The Lannoy-family is from old Belgian nobility and named after the city of Lannoy in Northern France where they reigned once upon a time; they are counts of the Holy Roman Empire. Stéphanie is the youngest of eight children of Count Philippe de Lannoy, son of Princess Beatrice of Ligne, and Alix della Faille de Leverghem. It is said that they met through their Ligne connection [genealogy check: the current Prince of Ligne is the cousin of Grand Duke Henri] at a ball at he Château de Beloeil; I suppose it was the the big birthday party for Princess Alix of Ligne and Princess Louise of Stolberg-Stolberg that took place in 2006. The party was surely attended by Princess Alexandra and Guillaume's cousins Archduke Imre and Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria, as well as Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Nassau and Princess Maria-Anunciata of Liechtenstein.

Luxembourg: Comtesse Stéphanie de Lannoy

Has the date actually been annouced of when the wedding will be

No,but we might learn more later this afternoon during the official presentation for the media who have been invited at 16.00PM.:)

(It is said that they met through their Ligne connection [genealogy check: the current Prince of Ligne is the cousin of Grand Duke Henri] at a ball at he Château de Beloeil;)

This is interesting - I have visited Chateau Beloiel in 2010 - during our stort-stay in Belguim - a very beautiful place

she looks so pretty. Is there going to be a live stream of the press conference or something where we can hear them speak?

Grand Duke Guillaume and his fiancee Countess Stephanie de Lannoy at the Grand Ducal Palace in Luxembourg with Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa. April 27, 2012

PPE Agency Luxembourg

Lovely strawberry coloured peep toe pumps and clutch. Nice flash of colour for an appropriately demure ensemble.

Lovely strawberry coloured peep toe pumps and clutch. Nice flash of colour for an appropriately demure ensemble.

It's nice, but for me something is wrong: on this photos looks if she had too large blouse and Prince Guillame had too large navy jacket :/

It's nice, but for me something is wrong: on this photos looks if she had too large blouse and Prince Guillame had too large navy jacket :/

The top is fine, it's the skirt that's at a slant.

Anyone find closeups of the ring yet?

The more I see her the more I find her very pretty !

The top is fine, it's the skirt that's at a slant.

Anyone find closeups of the ring yet?

Maybe if she also wear a white skirt it would be better ;)

As I see the ring probably has big diamond...

Thanks fa-fa, that's a whopper of a ring!

Where are Stephanie's parents? When Maria Teresa was engaged to Henri, there were official pictures of both sets of parents together. Now I don't see any pictures of Stephanie's parents, unless I've missed them, but I only see pictures of Stephanie with the Grand Duke and Duchess.

Where are Stephanie's parents? When Maria Teresa was engaged to Henri, there were official pictures of both sets of parents together. Now I don't see any pictures of Stephanie's parents, unless I've missed them, but I only see pictures of Stephanie with the Grand Duke and Duchess.

I think that her parents will be at 15:30.

It was a reception during which the future Hereditary Grand Duchess was introduced to the highest political, social and religious dignitaries of her new home country.

This afternoon a photosession will be held at Berg castle where members of both the grand ducal and the family of the bride-to-be will be present.

is there any footage of this morning event? or just pictures?

The ring is just a bit too 'bling' for me. I could see it on the finger of a Hollywood actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom