Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am delighted... another great wedding to look forward to !

Congratulations!!! It's great news :heartflower:

I wonder if his wedding will be before the two Habsbourg’s (his cousins) weddings ?

I wonder if his wedding will be before the two Habsbourg’s (his cousins) weddings ?
I don't think so; they got engaged earlier and his wedding will probably be more lavish, (providing that he is a heir to the existing throne and their Royal House doesn't reign anymore) and will require more preparations.

I really hope that Grand Duke Jean will be in good health to see all three boys going down the aisle!:flowers:

What A great News! I'm very happy with that!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats to Guillaume and Stephanie! Looking forward to the wedding!

The Lannoy family is well connected and most names in the genealogy are well known (with the odd expat here and there). Stephanie's first cousin Chrisine de Lannoy married a son of Helene of France (Count Bruno van Limburg-Stirum). A 2nd cousin Bss Agnes du Parc-Locmaria (daughter of Therese de Lannoy) was a witness for princess Mathilde. And for the rest a lot of familiar families like the Oultremonts, Ligne's, Marnix de St-Aldegonde, van der Straten, Villenfagne de Vogelsanck (like Archduchess Marie Helene), Ursels, Meeus, Liederkerke, Spoelberghs etc. The usual suspects, we are just missing the Merodes but I am sure they will be closely related to them too. A 1st cousin has married a Dutch Baron Hövell tot Westerflier, whose cousin Floris married Emily Bremers, former girlfriend of the Prince of Orange.

Lannoy

They make such cute couple, all the best to them. She will make a beautiful grand duchess one day!

Congratulations to the couple and their families. Any pictures of the ring yet?

Congratulations to guillaume and Stephanie on their engagement.
Next, a Luxembourg royal wedding !
:: Luxembourg flags::

Congratulations to the happy couple!

maybe her first royal gathering will be in sweden in may for the christning of Estelle

And Princess Maria-Annunziata, Princess Marie-Astrid and Prince Josef-Emmanuel of Liechtenstein will have been probably dancing on four wedding parties this year!

Of their cousins:
Rudolf (recently)
Imre
Christoph
and Guillaume!

Congratulations !:flowers: Another royal wedding on the way ! :luxflag:

How exciting! I was just hoping for this news the other day so glad to hear it...Congrats to the couple!

Yay, Congratulations!!! They are an adorable couple!

Can't wait to see Felix, the new couple, Louis and tessy, Alexandra and Sebastian together for a photo with the grand ducal couple

Will she get a title of Princess after the wedding or stay a countess?

Omg.... I feel so happy. They are really a lovely couple !! Congratulations !!!!!!! Can't wait to the wedding day :)

Will she get a title of Princess after the wedding or stay a countess?
As with all royal wives, Stephanie will assume all of her husband's titles and styles; while she will retain her birth style and title of a countess, the style and title of a Royal Highness and Princess of Luxembourg outranks them. It is customary to use the highest available title, so Stephanie will be known as Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

When Duchess Sophie in Bavaria married Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein, she retained her title by birth (of a Duchess) but since her title by marriage (Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein) ranks higher, she is styled and titles as Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg.

Last edited:
This is fantastic! After the "year o' the royal wedding" last year, 2012 needs a little sparkly wedding-type flair. I've been having withdrawals.

They are a very cute couple. Can't wait to see more of them together. :)

Congratulations to the couple! I am looking forward to seeing European royals attending the wedding.
The Lannoy family is well connected and most names in the genealogy are well known (with the odd expat here and there). Stephanie's first cousin Chrisine de Lannoy married a son of Helene of France (Count Bruno van Limburg-Stirum). ...
It would be fair to say that Grand Duke Guillaume's paternal grandmother would have approved of his fiancée.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Guillame & countess Stephanie- I wish them every happiness!

CONGRATULATIONS!
All the best to the happy couple. I'm sure there are hearts breaking all over the world today. ;)

:luxstandard: :luxflag: :luxflag: :luxflag: :twohearts:

Such lovely news. ! They are a gorgeous couple. I wish them both every happiness and I cannot wait for the wedding. !!! :flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple, I wonder if they will have a quick engagement or a rather long one.

I am really happy for this couple; they appear to be genuinely in love and comfortable together.
Plus, much as I like royal-commoner unions, it's nice to see a royal-noble union for once. :)

Don´t stone me now, but I find her unpleasent. Well, congrats Guillaume :)

Why would you be stoned, Fürstin Taxis? For expressing your opinion? That's one thing all of us have right to. :)
It would be a really boring place if we all thought the same. Personally I find Stephanie quite endearing but that's my subjective opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom