Engagement of HGD Guillaume & Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy: April 26, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wedding will be a who´s who in Royalty and Nobility,and us here at TRF...;)
:lol: right, us here at TRF! This will be the wedding of the year :).
The Luxembourgs have been invited to all mayor royal weddings. Now we can expect the other royals to flood into little Luxembourg.

Tomorrow at 11:30 there will be a reception at the palace and a picture moment with the press according to RTL.

Tomorrow at 11:30 there will be a reception at the palace and a picture moment with the press according to RTL.

So will there then not be the press conference today at 10.50am as previously written?

Lannoy

Oh good heavens...I didn't suppose her father is so old!

I thought the same thing Biri. And the 18-year age difference between her and her eldest sibling! Her brother Jehan is closer in age to her fiance's parents :eek:

Congrats to them, seems to be a good match. It amazes me how quiet this whole thing was kept. Were there any pictures of them together at all?

She was probably "unplanned"; Isabelle (second youngest) is eight years older than she, her mamma was already 43 while having her...and this big age difference between her parents (21 years).

In fact her father is only 19 months younger than her future grandfather-in-law.

Last edited:
It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?

Last edited:
Beautiful photos of the happy couple! Guillaume looks so handsome and youthful, and I hope they have a long and happy marriage like his parents. When will we find out the wedding date? Apologies if this has been announced already in the press conference as I havent seen it :)

What studies Stephanie has finished? Where does she work? Anyone knows?

What studies Stephanie has finished? Where does she work? Anyone knows?
She studied German language and she speaks French, Russian and German.

So will there then not be the press conference today at 10.50am as previously written?

There was conference with PM, he said that more information will be given tomorrow at 11.30 am.

Ok, the most important question: When's the wedding? :)
We don't know but probably this year, I think that court must find suitable date and has time to prepare the affair.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:. Guillaumne looks so happy at the photos as well Stephanie. Can't wait for press meeting with them and seeing the ring.

Happy news! Congratulations to the couple and their families :flowers:

It seems he is the only heir to marry from just the right lineage, if his parents weren't a love story themselves I would think it was a tad arranged...;)On another note, congrats to the couple, has anyone seen a ring?
Maybe arranged in the sense that both their parents made sure that the kids got to know as many other young nobles as possible. Many noble families still do. If they spent a lot of time with other young aristocrats, there's a good chance (but no guarantee) for real love matches to develop.
It seems to have worked for these two. At least they look blissfully in love on the engagement pics.

The Family of the Count de Lannoy belong to Belgium’s highest Nobility. I am very happy that the future Grand Duchess will be a Belgian such as the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte who should be very happy with this engagement.

Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.

She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)

In one of the engagement photos you can see Stephanie's left hand which has no rings on it but Guillaume is covering her right hand. So I don't know if there is a ring yet, unless in Luxembourg or Belgium they wear it on their right hands and Guillaume is covering her hand for this reason ;)
I think we will see ring tomorrow. She 's not wearing any at these pictures.

According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

Stephanie started her school career in the Dutch speaking school “Sancta Maria” in Ronse Belgium). After that she studied a wile in France at the College Saint-Odile. She ended school in 2002 in the Dutch speaking school “gelovige Maagd” in Brussels (Belgium).After this she went to Russia, Moscow for a year language courses and to study the Russian literature.

She studied German filologie in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) and has a master from the university of Berlin. In Berlin She did her internship at the Belgian embassy in Berlin. Since her return in Belgium she works at an investment firm.
She did volunteer work for several oranisation. Besides form French, Dutch and German she is fluent in Russian. She studies violin and piano and likes classical music. Since a teenager she is very much interested in literature and with her knowledge of foreign languages she read literature in the original language.

Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

According to the media, tomorrow at 11.30 uur there is a big reception in the palace with people form the political social and religious world. At 4PM there is a photoshoot in the castle.

Today or tomorrow?

EDIT: I found it, tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information! Based on this, she appears to not speak Luxembourgish. At least she speaks French and German!

I would assume that she will be able to learn it rather quickly, esp. since she is supposed to be fluent in german (which is quite simular).

Congratulations to the couple!

Impressive. I think she would know English as well, since it is the most important language in international communication. Ususally noble families deem it important to speek English. Do Belgium schools emphazise the studies of English?

Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)

Yes she is speaking English, in Belgium we start with English courses when we are 10 (dutch speaking schools)
Thank you for your confirmation.
With her background she won't have trouble learning Luxembourgish. With her strong interest in languages, I guess that she already has started to study it.

Congratulations to the couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom