The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Commoner

stephanievl
Thank you!
Lovely video, beautiful music... But seemed to me, that Stephanie little bit haughty.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Courtier

That is really lovely. Guillaume, in particular, seems so excited. !!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is so wonderful to see newly engaged couples because they are so much in love and show it. I hope Stephanie will grow into her role and become comfortable of being in the spotlight every minute of her life.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Is there any information on the property where the engagement photos and interview were done? My cursory search for info on Luxembourg properties is coming up empty.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Love all the video clips. Thanks stephanievl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
Is there any information on the property where the engagement photos and interview were done? My cursory search for info on Luxembourg properties is coming up empty.
I believe Chateau de Berg. That's the residential home of the GDF. That's where Guillaume and Stephanie will live after they marry.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Thank You for sharing, I understand only the small French part of speaking. Both of them are lovely, but quite reserved, it gave me the impression ( I hope wrong) that it's a nice but arranged match, maybe Stephanie comes from nobility and her manner differs from that of the other royal brides. Though I think they really complement each other. Stephanie is looking very lovely indeed, younger than she really is, with no shadow of vulgarity.It was very gentle of Felix to take the umbrella...But I 've observed that Guillaume's younger siblings were absent.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It is so wonderful to see newly engaged couples because they are so much in love and show it. I hope Stephanie will grow into her role and become comfortable of being in the spotlight every minute of her life.
Does the Grand Ducal family get much attention in their domestic press other than at official engagements? They certainly don't in the international press unless attending a foreign royal wedding or similar event.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Thank You for sharing, I understand only the small French part of speaking. Both of them are lovely, but quite reserved, it gave me the impression ( I hope wrong) that it's a nice but arranged match, maybe Stephanie comes from nobility and her manner differs from that of the other royal brides. Though I think they really complement each other. Stephanie is looking very lovely indeed, younger than she really is, with no shadow of vulgarity.It was very gentle of Felix to take the umbrella...But I 've observed that Guillaume's younger siblings were absent.

According to Guillaume, for him, it was "love at first sight".

‘Love at first sight’ for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume - National Royal News | Examiner.com
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The clip is absolutely delightful and the newly engaged couple looks very happy. Guillaume appears to be very proud of Stephanie!
I have to say, however, that my favourite was the 0:14 - 0:18; Louis and Tessy looked so sweet together.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

She looked so much better during the interviews than she did yesterday in the "official" photographs. She also has a very mature bearing about her -- perhaps that's because her siblings are older and her parents are from another generation entirely! Her father is the same age as Grand Duke Jean! I also like the ring ... quite pretty without being obnoxious.

Looking forward to the wedding!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Does the Grand Ducal family get much attention in their domestic press other than at official engagements? They certainly don't in the international press unless attending a foreign royal wedidng or similar event.
No, Luxembourgers are very respectful of the grand ducal family and say that they have a right to privacy just like everybody else, most of them know more than it is written in the press as it is a small country.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Nobility

I really adore that she is such a natural beauty. I like that she has her own personal look and that she doesn't look like a supermodel but like a very beautiful women.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa-fa View Post
stephanievl
Thank you!
Lovely video, beautiful music... But seemed to me, that Stephanie little bit haughty.
I think the same :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Maybe you're right that her manner differs from other royal royal brides, because they come from the nobility. I got the impression that she hasn't something ordinary like CP Mary, Mette-Marit when they were a bride.

In this video I can see that Guillaume is absolutely in love and he wants to suppport her in everything and to makes she felt good in that the interest of the press, photographers, people :) It's lovely :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
I really adore that she is such a natural beauty. I like that she has her own personal look and that she doesn't look like a supermodel but like a very beautiful women.
Yes she has, but I do not like her red clothes from photo session, because I think that red dress does not fit into fabric of this jacket but maybe later her own style will be better
Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's wait till we start calling her haughty till we know her better. I know that very often people mistake nervousness for haughtyness. The whole press attention is new to her. Even if she's from the nobility, that doesn't mean that she's used to all this official stuff. To me she looks like a person who doesn't want to make mistakes, which of course prevents her from giving a relaxed impression. Let's give her a chance to settle in and learn all the things she needs to learn.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Let's wait till we start calling her haughty till we know her better. I know that very often people mistake nervousness for haughtyness. The whole press attention is new to her. Even if she's from the nobility, that doesn't mean that she's used to all this official stuff. To me she looks like a person who doesn't want to make mistakes, which of course prevents her from giving a relaxed impression. Let's give her a chance to settle in and learn all the things she needs to learn.
This was my first impression why I wrote "haugthy" :)
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
The ring is definitely a diamond. Its an emerald cut with a pave setting.
Yes, I agree. On closer examination, it appears to be an emerald-cut diamond in a pav
é setting. In the first photo I saw it looked opalescent; in the second set it looked like it might be a yellow or other fancy diamond (RTL.lu - Lifestyle Fotoen), and then finally it looks like a clear diamond. It changes a great deal depending on the light, which makes it an interesting piece.

On another note, Grand Duchess Mar
ía Teresa looks beautiful in all of these photos. I am especially fond of the apricot suit she was wearing in the photographs with Stéphanie's parents. Lovely.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

They look very happy together, Guillaume looked very proud and happy and Stéphanie, obviously, looked quite nervous but still happy. She isn't an obvious kind of beauty but I do think she's beautiful. The ring is also stunning.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa-fa View Post
stephanievl
Thank you!
i don't mean to judge, but how is it possible to tell from a 5 minute interview?

i guess we can forge an opinion when she gets more involved in the life of the GD family.

she came across to me as a mature, well-mannered and interesting lady. it's nice to see them together.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree with you, Tilia. Whereas to others Stéphanie may have appeared haughty in the video, to me she sounded intelligent, substantial, and certainly like someone who is trying to do her best and not to make mistakes. In the photographs her parents look like serious, reserved people; also, the fact that she comes from the old nobility of Belgium does not mean that she is used to public scrutiny. Quite the contrary. The higher ranks of the Belgian nobility are known for not often "mixing" with non-nobles in social settings - never mind the press - although of course this is changing. In short, dealing with media attention must be very new to her.

She was of course a bit nervous here, which is natural and even charming under the circumstances. And so was Guillaume! I thought that I could sense his anxiety in how much he was stroking Stéphanie's back while she was speaking to the press.

The only false note, to my eye, was in the look that she gave him at the very end of the video, after he lovingly brushed off a speck of something above her cheek. Was there a bit of contempt in her look? I hope not. But this is such a fleeting impression, and it is entirely unwarranted to draw conclusions from it. They appear to be delighted, well matched in education and religious values, and I wish them a very long and happy life together.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Nobility

I speak french fluently and I didn't detect a single bit of haughtyness in the interview.She seemed quite lovely.

Tags
engagement, hereditary grand duke guillaume, stephanie de lannoy