Will Daniel be a suitable Prince Consort?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
I wonder, for those who don't find Daniel W. suitable as a consort for Victoria, what would make you change your mind about him?

I have noticed that many anti-Mary of Denmark fans pre-engagement and even post-engagement have changed their minds about her since the wedding and several months after the wedding.

What would be the "catalyst" for one to like Daniel (aside from the removal of his trucker cap ;) ) and to believe that he might make it after all as a member of the royal household?

Alexandria said:
I wonder, for those who don't find Daniel W. suitable as a consort for Victoria, what would make you change your mind about him?
I have noticed that many anti-Mary of Denmark fans pre-engagement and even post-engagement have changed their minds about her since the wedding and several months after the wedding.
What would be the "catalyst" for one to like Daniel (aside from the removal of his trucker cap ;) ) and to believe that he might make it after all as a member of the royal household?
I wasn't an anti-Mary, but I was totally indifferent. I think what made me take interest and eventually admire her was part her physical make-over (the slender, slick but sensual look, the style), and part the way she got into the job with such confidence and professionalism, with bringing a bit of freshness (the DRF is a bit stuck up IMO).
The problem is it's far easier for a woman to make a make over than for a man. D doesn't even seems boy next door to me. He seems so... Kevin Federline (with a bit more class maybe). I mean, this guy will possibly represent Sweden worldwide, and he looks like a waiter when he wears a smoking. I think it's allure. He lacks class and allure to my eyes.
But clearly, if he does his own Mary-like make-over, I will change my mind about him.

Idriel said:
I wasn't an anti-Mary, but I was totally indifferent. I think what made me take interest and eventually admire her was part her physical make-over (the slender, slick but sensual look, the style), and part the way she got into the job with such confidence and professionalism, with bringing a bit of freshness (the DRF is a bit stuck up IMO).
The problem is it's far easier for a woman to make a make over than for a man. D doesn't even seems boy next door to me. He seems so... Kevin Federline (with a bit more class maybe). I mean, this guy will possibly represent Sweden worldwide, and he looks like a waiter when he wears a smoking. I think it's allure. He lacks class and allure to my eyes.
But clearly, if he does his own Mary-like make-over, I will change my mind about him.

The main thing against him is not his character or temper, as i dont know him, but it is something about his image that sends the wrong message.

Oh my, oh my, oh my. In the past 10 days there were many news and new pics on/of Daniel, but I can´t say, that I liked anything of these news and pics.
Firstly this interview...to ask the journalists, when they will go and to add then, that he could then have at least some holidays is impolitely, unprofessional and childish. He should learn from Silvia, who said to the Aftonbladet reporter, how nice it is, that they came and asked for pics (well aware of the fact, that mainly Expressobladet is the troublemaker during the holidays of the RF on Öland :D )
Then the thing with the tousled hair...dear TRF-members, let´s open our hearts and lets donate for some hair care products for Mr. Westling ;)
Then the thing with the seat belts...personally I don´t care at all, if grown ups fasten their seat belts or not. It´s IMO up to them, if they want to fly through the front shield. I also don´t think, that the Swedes see a super brain in Danne, who can set trends. But what I wonder is: why is it so hard for him to pay attention to such things (traffic laws, tax laws) in this "sensitive" phase of acceptance. I don´t want him to follow every little rule until he dies, but a smart guy would try it at least until he has fathered a heir for the throne and has won sympathies.
And then the pics of Daniel taking a walk with Victoria. I´ve already seen them on the other PC with the slow modem...and they loaded awfully slow. But it was worth. The pics and your comments gave me a good laugh :D
Stureplan meets trainer boy. Maybe you know these chocolate eggs with toys, you have to twist together. Sometimes such toys are also in the happy meal of McDonalds. With the jogging paints and training shoes in combination with the posh grandpa cardigan (which looks ridiculous around his buff upper body) and the slick hair, he looks like a toy, twisted together out of two.
So funny it is...it´s also worrisome. As I read it out, it´s 99% sure, that they will marry. But this Daniel simply doesn´t seem likeable (well, maybe it´s just me). I´ve hoped for nice pics...maybe Daniel with Ian (the son of Victoria´s friend Leonie) or Daniel showing some affection for Victoria (holding hands wouldn´t hurt the protocol) but nothing, simply nada :mad: :confused: Obviously they even don´t spend much time together. I don´t want to be a spoilsport, but looking at their future as Royal couple, they should get used to spend a lot of time with each other.

Now to Alexandria´s question (which is an very interesting one). I think for me his character will play a role. I know, that we never get the whole picture, but just a little piece of their life. So I can just judge, what I get. Obviously I´m already doing this now...and I guess I will in the future. And I don´t think I will be fascinated of him, just because he (probably) will be a prince overnight.
I also don´t see much potential in him for being a great dresser. So I guess it only will be his character (the piece of it, we get to see), what I will judge (just as with his girlfriend...even though some might think, I judge her via her ponytail ;) )
More than answering the question, I am interested how Alexandria self would answer the question. Knowing, that she wasn´t very fond of Mary Donaldson, and knowing that she still would prefer Letizia over Mary, I am really curious. ;)

Last edited:
I always enjoy your comments Lena! They're always so truthful and honest and no holds barred.

Hmm Lena ... Did you answer my question really? Or did you just ask me a question back?! :p I'll bite and answer anyways!

Lena said:
More than answering the question, I am interested how Alexandria self would answer the question. Knowing, that she wasn´t very fond of Mary Donaldson, and knowing that she still would prefer Letizia over Mary, I am really curious. ;)

In regards to me and Mary/Letizia, I think it is, even from thousands of kilometres away, it comes down to a quality you can see in someone that you like/admire/appreciate or whatever. And from my first impressions (which have long lasting effects in real life as well as online), I was quite impressed with Letizia -- with her obvious determination, drive and strong character. I think what initially turned me off about Mary was the story of how she met Frederik -- trolling for me in a bar (princes or not) is not something that appeals to me. And then all the magazine shoots (different royal households and standards beared in mind) made me think that she was more of a "glamour princess" rather than the kind of princess I would want for my monarchy -- someone who works hard to represent her country in the best possible manner.

In the months since, while I would yes, still choose Letizia over Mary given the choice, I have warmed up to Mary a little bit. But not on the basis of her work ethic or what I know about her character -- but because Frederik so very obviously adores her. I think that matters a lot -- that Mary makes Frederik happy, whatever else she does (or doesn't) do, will make Frederik a better leader for his country. I am a big believer in the fact that if you've got love in your life you can accomplish great things no matter how impossible they seem to be.

... So how does this relate to Victoria and Daniel? And how to answer my own question? Well, I guess it wouldn't have to be anything that Daniel does that would make me like Daniel, even a little bit. It would be more based on the kind of reaction/body language/feeling/sentiments I would get from Victoria about her relationship with Daniel that would be the turning point for me.

Dislike of the trucker caps, the long, greasy looking hair, the angry look on his face all the time, the sometimes bad sense of style (though everyone is guilty of this sometimes and not exclusively Daniel), and the various breaking of laws would be excusable to me if I could sense that Victoria was as completely, over the moon happy in Daniel's presence as Frederik is with Mary, as Felipe is with Letizia, as Haakon is with Mette-Marit, etc. And that if, I could judge as I have judged all the other couples, that Daniel's presence in Victoria's life would make her life better, and make her transition into life as a Queen easier rather than more difficult (as I sometimes think Henrik of Denmark makes his wife's reign more difficult). I just don't get that feeling yet from Victoria. She smiles publicly in his presence yes, and there have even been dozens of pictures of her leaving his apartment or kissing him, but I just don't get the sense that she is over the moon happy and that her life could not be better with someone else.

Lena said:
So funny it is...it´s also worrisome. As I read it out, it´s 99% sure, that they will marry. But this Daniel simply doesn´t seem likeable (well, maybe it´s just me). I´ve hoped for nice pics...maybe Daniel with Ian (the son of Victoria´s friend Leonie) or Daniel showing some affection for Victoria (holding hands wouldn´t hurt the protocol) but nothing, simply nada :mad: :confused: Obviously they even don´t spend much time together. I don´t want to be a spoilsport, but looking at their future as Royal couple, they should get used to spend a lot of time with each other.

I think this requires a two-part answer.

Firstly: Daniel showing some affection for Victoria:
Well, I don't think everyone needs to publicly hold hands, kiss or whatever to "prove" to onwatchers like us that they love each other. Some couples just are not publicly affectionate but can be very affectionate in private. On the other hand, some couples who are very affectionate (even overly so) in public don't necessarily have the best relationship. My friends who have just gotten married this past May are not overly affectionate. In the presence of our group of friends, they do not hold hands or kiss or hug or cuddle. But I have no doubt about the strength of their relationship and the depth of their love for one another. By the same token, a friend who is a like a big sister to me had a husband who would show up at our offices and bring her flowers, pick her up from work or drive her to work even though it was out of his way, yet now they are getting divorced because he became abusive.

I think some recipricol affection on Daniel's part couldn't hurt his public image. I only warmed up to Mary because of Frederik's affection to her and her recipricol affection back. But for me it won't make or break their relationship in my eyes. It would make him seem more human rather than so indifferent all the time.

Secondly, spending much time together:
I think with their respective work schedules it's difficult to co-ordinate time alone together. Even though they may not spend a lot of timem physically together, they may still talk often on the phone or correspond via e-mail that helps them keep in touch with each other's lives. (This from the girl who knows all too well about long-distance relationships! ;) ) I guess the biggest test would be if they could live together and "put up" with each other's habits and such. Another friend who moved in with her boyfriend of three plus years has recently asked him to move out of her home as they were getting on each other's nerves. She hasn't broken up with him yet (the rest of us really wonder why since it's inevitable) because she loves him but just can't live with him -- which makes the rest of us wonder what the "next step" is -- if you can't live with someone then how could you be married to them or have any sort of future with them? And maybe her deepest fear is something that Victoria shares: That she likes the idea of who he could be/his potential as a better person and that if she gives up on him, she's really giving up on herself ever finding true love again.

Victoria and my friends and I are about the same age (she is about two years older than us), and at this age we are all seeing our friends pairing up quickly. Maybe she feels that Daniel is her last chance at love, getting on with her life, having kids and the such as some of her friends are no doubt starting to do.

So those are my twenty cents! ;)

I have nothing but the outmost respect for our Swedish crown princess. Victoria seems to be mature and completely focused on her role as the future Queen of Sweden. If she feels Daniel is who she wants to spend her life with, then I trust her instinct and choice. I don't think she would do anything that would jeopardize the monarchy.

I remember reading comments by the King's "friends" prior to his wedding to Silvia and several said ...Silvia is not queen material. They couldn't have been more wrong.

My guess is that Daniel will surprise us all. Victoria has my wholehearted support for whatever decision she makes in regard to her husband and I hope she is and will be for the rest of her life very much in love and happy.

grevinnan

Alexandria said:
Firstly: Daniel showing some affection for Victoria:
Well, I don't think everyone needs to publicly hold hands, kiss or whatever to "prove" to onwatchers like us that they love each other. Some couples just are not publicly affectionate but can be very affectionate in private. On the other hand, some couples who are very affectionate (even overly so) in public don't necessarily have the best relationship. My friends who have just gotten married this past May are not overly affectionate. In the presence of our group of friends, they do not hold hands or kiss or hug or cuddle. But I have no doubt about the strength of their relationship and the depth of their love for one another. By the same token, a friend who is a like a big sister to me had a husband who would show up at our offices and bring her flowers, pick her up from work or drive her to work even though it was out of his way, yet now they are getting divorced because he became abusive.

I think some recipricol affection on Daniel's part couldn't hurt his public image. I only warmed up to Mary because of Frederik's affection to her and her recipricol affection back. But for me it won't make or break their relationship in my eyes. It would make him seem more human rather than so indifferent all the time.

Secondly, spending much time together:
I think with their respective work schedules it's difficult to co-ordinate time alone together. Even though they may not spend a lot of timem physically together, they may still talk often on the phone or correspond via e-mail that helps them keep in touch with each other's lives. (This from the girl who knows all too well about long-distance relationships! ;) ) I guess the biggest test would be if they could live together and "put up" with each other's habits and such. Another friend who moved in with her boyfriend of three plus years has recently asked him to move out of her home as they were getting on each other's nerves. She hasn't broken up with him yet (the rest of us really wonder why since it's inevitable) because she loves him but just can't live with him -- which makes the rest of us wonder what the "next step" is -- if you can't live with someone then how could you be married to them or have any sort of future with them? And maybe her deepest fear is something that Victoria shares: That she likes the idea of who he could be/his potential as a better person and that if she gives up on him, she's really giving up on herself ever finding true love again.

Victoria and my friends and I are about the same age (she is about two years older than us), and at this age we are all seeing our friends pairing up quickly. Maybe she feels that Daniel is her last chance at love, getting on with her life, having kids and the such as some of her friends are no doubt starting to do.

So those are my twenty cents! ;)

Interesting points, Alexandria.
With affection I rather meant the little things between a loving couple. So talking about holding hands was maybe a bit misleading. I don´t want Daniel to sing a love song in front of Victoria´s window or that he flies with a plane with a "I love you"-banner over Solliden. I just mean little signs, just as looking at each other, giving a feeling, that they enjoy each others company.
When I look at Daniel and Victoria in the latest pics then there´s a distance of 2 meters between them and they don´t look at each other. Ok, they are pissed, because they aren´t left alone as it was in their first summer in 2002 or in 2004 and the Swedish Papparazis are not directly known for being very good and being able to hide. But after 3.5 years it should be possible to ignore them.

I think that with your friend and the boyfriend, who had to move out happens quite often. So often, that I would suggest for everyone to move together before marrying. Also for Victoria and Daniel. Maybe she should have an quieter schedule in autumn and Mr. businessman too, and then she should move with bag and baggage to him.
Or maybe Daniel should test, how it is to work with ETW on the one side and Victoria on the other one. It´s hardly possible to let him be with them at official duties, but maybe they can work with Daniel in the gyms :rolleyes:

Daniel with Peder Dinkelspiel and Karl Johan Persson. Not that I want to complain :)D ) but why isn´t possible for Danne to look as open into the cameras as Karl Johan and Peder (??)
The pics are from Newscom

Attachments

• zumalive186065.jpg
    zumalive186065.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 461
  • zumalive186066.jpg
    zumalive186066.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Perhaps a little of topic but it must be said: Karl Johan is a hottie :D

I agree with you Lena, both KJ and Peder looks more comfortable infront of the camera, but perhaps the reason is that they aren´t the "focus" (if you know what I mean...) If Daniel wasn´t there there would be no paparazzis taking pictures of them either.

Yennie said:
Perhaps a little of topic but it must be said: Karl Johan is a hottie :D

:D :rolleyes: I´m thinking about renaming the thread into "hotties around Daniel Westling" :p

Yennie said:
I agree with you Lena, both KJ and Peder looks more comfortable infront of the camera, but perhaps the reason is that they aren´t the "focus" (if you know what I mean...) If Daniel wasn´t there there would be no paparazzis taking pictures of them either.

Yes, of course. This is probably the reason. But a future as prince would mean, that he would be confronted with such situations all the time. And this wasn´t the first time, he was asked for pics.

Yennie, what do you actually think about Danne? Please don´t answer with the standard-answer "All I want is to see Victoria happy" (this wasn´t said about the current crown princesses in connection with the crown princes...so why always about Daniel) ;)

I think its hard (and unfair!) to judge anyone based only on photos and articles in gossip magazines....

But from what has been written about him in the press he seems a bit shy. But things like that can change! Remember how Diana was when she married "shy di" compared to the pro she became later.
So I think that can change and doesn´t have to be an obstacle

Perhaps he sometimes seem a little "out-of-place" compared to the very posh, rich, fashionable people who sourrounds the rf, but in the "averege" country Sweden I think "beeing normal/averege" can be a good thing and perhaps will make people like him more.

But most important, if Victoria loves him, then he is the right man :D;)

Yennie said:
I think its hard (and unfair!) to judge anyone based only on photos and articles in gossip magazines....

But from what has been written about him in the press he seems a bit shy. But things like that can change! Remember how Diana was when she married "shy di" compared to the pro she became later.
So I think that can change and doesn´t have to be an obstacle

Perhaps he sometimes seem a little "out-of-place" compared to the very posh, rich, fashionable people who sourrounds the rf, but in the "averege" country Sweden I think "beeing normal/averege" can be a good thing and perhaps will make people like him more.

Hm, I´ve never believed in the "fairy tale" of shy Di. :rolleyes: To me she seemed very calculating/manipulative from the beginning. And she seemed to enjoy the attention. Something which I can´t bring together with "shyness".
So here I would even give Daniel "bonus points" (high neccessarily after all my bad BAD words about Daniel ;) ). Maybe he´s shy (even though he denied it-with three-word-sentences...just as his shy "brother-in-law" Carl Philip would do it ;) ) or maybe he´s not interested or angry about the attention, but I believe (?) that he´s one thing not: manipulative.

Yennie said:
But most important, if Victoria loves him, then he is the right man :D;)

Oh yes, and if he loves her, doesn´t matter ;)

One more thing to Karl Johan...IMO he and his wife Leonie harmonise extremely in (physical) looks. And I hate it to say, but I would say the same about Victoria and Daniel.

One more thing to Karl Johan...IMO he and his wife Leonie harmonise extremely in (physical) looks. And I hate it to say, but I would say the same about Victoria and Daniel.
they do... both of them is really good looking. almost model looks
Neither Victoria or Daniel is imo, they are more "normal doing-the-best-of-one´s-look" kind of persons. haha that sounded very mean and harsh :D
but do you know what I mean?

But they suits eachother very well. The same with Carl Philip and Emma & Jonas and Madeleine...

First time to post in this thread. I does not fully understand the relationship between CP Victoria and Daniel Westling. I have several questions like to ask:

1) Why do people criticize Daniel Westling, is he really that bad? :confused:
2) Do Swedes like him at all?
3) Is Daniel always look angry at the camera? (I have seen the pictures that you all posted, but I have not seen him smile at any of the pictures.) So, I wonder does he ever smile at the camera?

Thanks for answering my questions

Do you have more news about CP Victoria and Daniel Westling?

wanderer said:
1) Why do people criticize Daniel Westling, is he really that bad? :confused:
He's not a bad person, but I think there are quite mixed feelings about Daniel in Sweden. Some are pro some are con for him.

I may be harsh, but I will be honest and say that the things I personally don't appreciate about him are fistly that he's in the gym business and how the company has profited from being the partner of who he is and the circles that come with that, and also the whole business with how they met... I don't particularly like the idea that my future Queen Reignant and Head of State might have met her future husband in the gym while he was per personal trainer... To me that sounds like something that happen in Hollywood, but when it comes my Royal Family - it would be nice if they met their partners in a more "romantic", or even "normal" would do it for me, way. To me, the way King Carl Gustaf met Silvia is really romantic and sweet, looking through those binoculars... :) I wonder how Victoria would explain how the romance fizzled among weights and spinning bikes. And what I appreciate of Daniel is that at least he seems to be a very down to earth guy, not a "Mr Important" or some sleezy upper class brat. He also seems to be a very family close person, who holds his family and friends dear, and who keeps things private.
wanderer said:
2) Do Swedes like him at all?
As I said above, I think it's quite mixed. Some like him, some do not. It's hard to say more really, as we don't really know him yet and there are no good polls.
wanderer said:
3) Is Daniel always look angry at the camera? (I have seen the pictures that you all posted, but I have not seen him smile at any of the pictures.) So, I wonder does he ever smile at the camera?
In the beginning of his and Victoria's relationship, Daniel seemed very angry and irritated towards the media. I don't think I've seen him really smile on a picture, only looking more "normal" in the mouth expression.

GrandDuchess said:
I don't particularly like the idea that my future Queen Reignant and Head of State might have met her future husband in the gym while he was per personal trainer... To me that sounds like something that happen in Hollywood, but when it comes my Royal Family - it would be nice if they met their partners in a more "romantic", or even "normal" would do it for me, way. To me, the way King Carl Gustaf met Silvia is really romantic and sweet, looking through those binoculars... :) I wonder how Victoria would explain how the romance fizzled among weights and spinning bikes.

But meeting in a gym is "normal" isn't it? I know he was her personal trainer, but in a way it seems normal. Just my own opinion of course.

What's the qualitys for a head of state?

Lena said:
Imagine prince Felipe would wear such shoes, and Letizia flat ones. The ppl would start to wonder, who/what the little beetle next to Felipe is ;) :p
When Daniel, on the other hand, would wear these shoes and Victoria her white shoes, then both would harmonise

Daniel isn't to compare with CP Felipe or CP Letizia! Official he is a friend to CP Victoria. When, and if, he's a Prince consort You can make comparisons - for what ever it's worth. Ask Yourself instead what qualitys a head of state and her/his partner needs to have. At that question Queen Margareta of Denmark answerd: "Good helth and strong legs". ;) Being well trained isn't a bad start at all when You consider that answer.

Article in Bunte

There is an interesting article in bunte today with some (old)pictures
http://bunte.t-online.de/c/56/14/32/5614324.html
The article says that Daniel's fitness company is made a joint-stock-company (don't know if it's the right word in English, sorry) now, because as a prince consortant (or whatever) he would not be allowed to have a own business, but he is allowed to possess stocks! So he could keep his business although marriage in a way...:eek:
They also wrote that he did not pass the test for university in the past, but I am not so sure about that.

Going deep with a hearsay!

ABOUT CP Victoria:
If (IF) CP Victoria answerd the way Expressen wrote it wasn't clever at all. We realy don't know. But of course she is human and doing some misstakes some times - I'll hope. Else would be strange. I've heard frogs been jumping out the mouth of other Royals, Presidents and Primeministers etc. why should we crave more of a person (Victoria) trainig to be a head of state? She had not consider her answer (if it is true she answerd the way Expressen wrote).

It was an article some days ago Victoria admitted she had been incorrect quoted time by time by this jurnalist. And she was very hurted about articled saying King Carl Gustaf having affaires with other wmen. (And the Royal familly consider sueing those papers). Of course it's human having a bad day some times.

ABOUT Mr Daniel Westling:
I must remind You we have former drougusing outliving persons who have married Royals. Some even having children with other "common" petty bourgeois persons.

Journalists have been searching for scandals about Daniel Westling for years but still don't found anything worth writing about. So whats to do when You can't find anything negative to say? Oh Yes: Find up something!

He is ugly. (I don't matter if he is ladies, You aren't dating him).

He haven't good manors? Says who? Meting him when...? He still havnt attended official together with Royals or other officials.

He is not intelligent! (What's wrong doing company management - - last year the company's turnover was 21 million kronor and he's still expends with a new hotel with spa- and sports department). Prince Henrik of Denmark having winerys and I can't find It better or worse. Daniels buisness is more modern into the 21th century. Many of the girls who have been dating some Royal "lads" havn't been working in very glamorous professions, but some still have been good wifes to their "Prince". Nobody should be condemd at all, especially not by us, and not as a Royal when he aren't.

If You have to dicuss Daniels qualitys dont't do by looks and not as a Princes consort when he isn't. He is doing buisness as a manger of gyms, coming hotel and healthservices. Mark an exam of his buisness if You must, and while doing why don't look for drugusing in younger days, having childdren with other women and outliving like some girls marrying a certin Crown Prince... You'll have to work hard to find anything nearly like these scandals on Daniel - PROMISE!

Last edited:
Yesterday I´ve thought, you are a woman (one thinks so automatically here). So I was a little surprised about your defence. But now I see, that you are a male. So thinking in stereotypes, it doesn´t surprise me to see you defending Daniel. Usually the pride of (male) wolves is sticking together :p
I hope you allow this little stereotype, after all you are working with ones (keyword drugs) too.

Stereotypes is the right word

Lena said:
Yesterday I´ve thought, you are a woman (one thinks so automatically here). So I was a little surprised about your defence. But now I see, that you are a male. So thinking in stereotypes, it doesn´t surprise me to see you defending Daniel. Usually the pride of (male) wolves is sticking together :p
I hope you allow this little stereotype, after all you are working with ones (keyword drugs) too.

Of course I do, dear! I loooove stereotypes called woman. And it's obvious You'll need some more "male stereotypes here". After all we all here love Royals and I, myself, also find Monarchy, as a constitution, above others. But of course we cant't have Royals more and more common. I know my limits and stand up for them. Some common girls and boys may have been good for their Royal partners, but, come on - - they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy.

About Daniel give him a chanse. If I'm "Karisma" today I could be Mayor following Years. If I become a Mayor in a couple of Years I should'nt be marked for something I don't know anything about now. Now I'm a principal and If I'm not good in what I'm doing it's okay for people In my town making the board of school dismiss me. I can still be Mayor though...

You could mark Daniel if he isn't good as a contractor and manager for gyms, hotels and alternative helthcare. Wait for him a little bit about condeming him for being something he is'nt - yet.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Karisma said:
Of course I do, dear! I loooove stereotypes called woman. And it's obvious You'll need some more "male stereotypes here". After all we all here love Royals and I, myself, also find Monarchy, as a constitution, above others. But of course we cant't have Royals more and more common. I know my limits and stand up for them. Some common girls and boys may have been good for their Royal partners, but, come on - - they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy.

I agree on that-completely. And that´s why I´m (among other things) no Monarchist (practically I live in a republic...with some faults though). Sooner or later Royals will extinct themselves, when they will go on with marrying ordinary ppl, leading jet set lives and so on. Ppl will start to ask, what makes them so special, so "high born", that the get the highest position in the state promised-with the first cry they do.
But what an improvement makes Daniel here :confused:

I think basically you have to consider 2 things:

1. Past and Future

2. Perception (appearance) and Reality

ad1) You say, that we shouldn´t judge Daniel, for something he isn´t so far. Maybe he will be the perfect prince (Even though this would contradict your statement: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy. ")
But when it´s a moral problem to judge something, that is in the future, why is it then ok to judge the past of a Royal, when he or she was still a commoner? You seem to point out, that we should judge the qualities of a Royal, when he/she is doing the job, but at the same time, you talk negatively about the pasts of some. So please fairness for all and not just for the person, you seem to like.

ad2) Both sides, the journalists and Daniel (+ the court) work with appearance.
The journalists never said "Daniel is stupid, his english is bad..." They just say "sources said, Daniel is"..."Sources said, that the king said, Daniel is..."And they publish his Högskoleprovet-result, his grades, his tax declaration...and they have also published explanations for bad results or a strange tax declaration. I don´t say, that these journalists do good work and produce fair well-balanced journalism, but what I say is, that they always leave some space for interpretation (mainly to let themselves seem as being the good ones). It´s UP to the people, to build an opinion.
And heaven knows, we here have tried to point out all sides. You will find pages filled with possible explanations for his bad result in this högskoleprovet. We have accepted Daniel´s explanation for his bad grades in high school. And just the same do a lot of Swedish ppl in Swedish forums. When you start to talk about Daniel´s intelligence, then it´s YOU, who believes, that ppl could think, he isn´t the sharpest knife in the drawer. And why do you believe so?

As I´ve said also Daniel works with appearance. What you have written about his gyms is on the one hand true, on the other hand it includes a lot of stuff, that was just said of Daniel. He and his colleague (who obviously left the gym) told us about a lot of projects, they wanted to do in the past years. They told us about a project in a hotel, they talked about a concept like the german chain McFit (which is a big chain, with low prices and less service), they talked about opening a third luxury gym, they talked about offering skiing and golfing trips, now Daniel talks about starting a chain for a broader range of customers. Daniel poses in a suit for Sweden´s biggest financial newspaper for the second time.
Fact is: He owns 70% of two gyms and Master Training had a turnover of 9 millions SEK last year.
This isn´t bad...and his step to start with a friend a luxury gym in 2000 should be admired ( I wouldn´t have dared this step), but isn´t it a bit strange to make Daniel (in your mind...or the people´s minds) to a manager of a big chain?

It´s good, that you think firstly positively about a person. But does this mean, you are at this point closer to reality, than people who criticise Daniel, or who have no clear opinion?

Last edited:
A little bit TOO much

Lena said:
I agree on that-completely. And that´s why I´m (among other things) no Monarchist (practically I live in a republic...with some faults though). Sooner or later Royals will extinct themselves, when they will go on with marrying ordinary ppl, leading jet set lives and so on. Ppl will start to ask, what makes them so special, so "high born", that the get the highest position in the state promised-with the first cry they do.

I don't think It's about "high borne" nowdays when Royals get married. Queen Sonja and Queen Silva are among examples of them who still have succeeded well. It's morely about Your "upbringing" and having good behavior and, particularly being a Royal, a question of knowing all about "etiquette".

About You're for Republic: (It would be interesting with a forum about Republic! Are there any - If NO - why not)?

Lena said:
But what an improvement makes Daniel here :confused:

I think basically you have to consider 2 things:

1. Past and Future

2. Perception (appearance) and Reality

ad1) You say, that we shouldn´t judge Daniel, for something he isn´t so far. Maybe he will be the perfect prince (Even though this would contradict your statement: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy. ")

In Dagens Nyheter today CP Victoria did state; -"My love have dark hair, four legs a big black damp nose. It's my dog"- when scoolchildren asked (in her visit i China). Why don't You and others wait until anything is official?

Me saying: "they aren't good for the Country they represents, and then they will be increasing the burden for the Monarch, and for Monarchy" - is about people who already are married to Royals. I'ts not good att all and worse if they are going on the same way, outliving jetset-life.

Lena said:
But when it´s a moral problem to judge something, that is in the future, why is it then ok to judge the past of
Lena said:
a Royal, when he or she was still a commoner? You seem to point out, that we should judge the qualities of a Royal, when he/she is doing the job, but at the same time, you talk negatively about the pasts of some. So please fairness for all and not just for the person, you seem to like.

If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person having drougproblems, former living in a dope den, with children together with an other girl, having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

Lena said:
ad2) Both sides, the journalists and Daniel (+ the court) work with appearance.
The journalists never said "Daniel is stupid, his english is bad..." They just say "sources said, Daniel is"..."Sources said, that the king said, Daniel is..."And they publish his Högskoleprovet-result, his grades, his tax declaration...and they have also published explanations for bad results or a strange tax declaration. I don´t say, that these journalists do good work and produce fair well-balanced journalism, but what I say is, that they always leave some space for interpretation (mainly to let themselves seem as being the good ones). It´s UP to the people, to build an opinion.
And heaven knows, we here have tried to point out all sides. You will find pages filled with possible explanations for his bad result in this högskoleprovet. We have accepted Daniel´s explanation for his bad grades in high school. And just the same do a lot of Swedish ppl in Swedish forums.

I could'nt care less about Daniel and "högskoleprovet" then I do. Einstein didn't suceed well in scool and literary researchers says W. A Mozart had a form of word blindness, dyslexia. And I say: We only know Mr Daniel Westling as a friend of CP Victoria. Leave Mr Westilig at this time.

Lena said:
When you start to talk about Daniel´s intelligence, then it´s YOU, who believes, that ppl could think, he isn´t the sharpest knife in the drawer. And why do you believe so?

I don't! You are bad informed. It wasn't me writing about "Daniels intelligence" at first. It'suninteresting at the very moment.

Lena said:
As I´ve said also Daniel works with appearance. What you have written about his gyms is on the one hand true, on the other hand it includes a lot of stuff, that was just said of Daniel. He and his colleague (who obviously left the gym) told us about a lot of projects, they wanted to do in the past years. They told us about a project in a hotel, they talked about a concept like the german chain McFit (which is a big chain, with low prices and less service), they talked about opening a third luxury gym, they talked about offering skiing and golfing trips, now Daniel talks about starting a chain for a broader range of customers. Daniel poses in a suit for Sweden´s biggest financial newspaper for the second time.
Fact is: He owns 70% of two gyms and Master Training had a turnover of 9 millions SEK last year.
This isn´t bad...and his step to start with a friend a luxury gym in 2000 should be admired ( I wouldn´t have dared this step), but isn´t it a bit strange to make Daniel (in your mind...or the people´s minds) to a manager of a big chain?

It was a big misstake of me quoting an newspaper article when I tryed to do an example. Neither You or me will know the trouth. And I could'nt care less.

Lena said:
It´s good, that you think firstly positively about a person. But does this mean, you are at this point closer to reality, than people who criticise Daniel, or who have no clear opinion?

If You ask me about Mr Westling as a private person doing buisness in one way or another, I'm no interested having an opinion. I don't care! If Mr Westling official will be engaged to a Royal person I will be interested learning about him and what he is doing and how he does it - if he do, or stay at home...;)

Karisma said:
I don't think It's about "high borne" nowdays when Royals get married. Queen Sonja and Queen Silva are among examples of them who still have succeeded well. It's morely about Your "upbringing" and having good behavior and, particularly being a Royal, a question of knowing all about "etiquette".

Etiquette is something that can be learned. If Daniel or whomever is unawares in which fork to use at dinner, they can easily learn that.

Karisma said:
If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person [...] having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

Did not realize that having a phobia or having fears was such an unroyal thing! :eek: That must mean that royals are super human, are never afraid of things whether it's spiders or taking chances. No wonder they get to wear crowns and live in palaces!

Well, since Daniel is apparently scared of nothing that we know of then Victoria must marry him immediately! Such a man is a rare species!

Karisma said:
I could'nt care less about Daniel and "högskoleprovet" then I do. Einstein didn't suceed well in scool and literary researchers says W. A Mozart had a form of word blindness, dyslexia.

Strange isn't it that Daniel is afraid of nothing but yet he's not super intelligent. :confused: Did the Swedes take a poll and decide that they would prefer a future consort who is fearless rather than superior in intellegence? :rolleyes: I wonder what choice I would make if I had to choose: Someone who is scared of things like everyone else I know or someone who is Mensa material. Wow it is like Sophie's choice! :p

Karisma, your messages above have very good points and you explained yourself very well !!

Imaginations

Genevieve said:
Etiquette is something that can be learned. If Daniel or whomever is unawares in which fork to use at dinner, they can easily learn that.

Well, Daniel Isn't an official person yet so I,ll don't see why You compaire him with one? When, and if, Victoria are to be engaged her former husband must have permittion not only by HM The King, but also by the Swedish government from the Primeminister. After that a man who will be CP Victorias fiancé also, by himself, have agreed he's "an official". Then he "must play the game". When and if it will be a weddng we don't know for sure. After an imagined wedding and after CP Victorias bridegroom answerd his "Yes" we can look up on him as a member of The Swedish Royal family. Some months after a suposed honeymoon I'll be happy to discus the Swedish Crownprincessconsort - and "his habits" - good or not so good.

Genevieve said:
Did not realize that having a phobia or having fears was such an unroyal thing! :eek: That must mean that royals are super human, are never afraid of things whether it's spiders or taking chances. No wonder they get to wear crowns and live in palaces!

The late Queen Louise of Sweden once said in an interwiew when a journalist asked her about how she felt "nowdays": "A Queen have two choises! 1. Being in a cheerful mood. 2. Being dead." Yes, I do belive Royals have to be above others and I do belive they have obligations almost unhuman. I will be very worried for Monarchy if we don't have the same craves on them that we'll have on other head of states. And just because Royals are above Presidents in official acts they must at least have the same dutys and offers.

Genevieve said:
Well, since Daniel is apparently scared of nothing that we know of then Victoria must marry him immediately! Such a man is a rare species!

Daniel? Who? Oh, You must be thinking about one of CP Victorias friends. I don't know much about him only lots of speculations in scandalmagazines. In official Sweden he's "nobody", and the Royal court don't mention any "Daniel" and don't comment him in official states. So there are no "Daniel" to discus and compare with person who have accepted being Royals and officials.

If Victoria will meet a man to love, let's hope he has a good reputation and is known as an honest, honourable person without scandals. And of course I find it necessary measures finding out he is healthy, because it will be hard work being a Crownprincessconsort.

Genevieve said:
Strange isn't it that Daniel is afraid of nothing but yet he's not super intelligent. :confused: Did the Swedes take a poll and decide that they would prefer a future consort who is fearless rather than superior in intellegence? :rolleyes: I wonder what choice I would make if I had to choose: Someone who is scared of things like everyone else I know or someone who is Mensa material. Wow it is like Sophie's choice! :p

Not intelligent? Who? What? Why? Whome? What Daniel? I have a friend, Daniel Sjögren! :rolleyes: Do You know him? He is quite a man! :cool:

(We have no one namned "Daniel" in The Swedish Royal family so I find no ground going on discussing a private person on a forum aimed for Royal officials).

Im no specialist in psychiatry,but what have intelligence with courage to do?

We don't have a Crownprincessconsort in Sweden so You have been badly informed. And I myself, I don't know anything about it, but a lot of gossip and tittle-tattle is going on among wild gesticulating persons eager to know more then there are to say at the very moment. :D

Last edited:
Thank You!

Regina said:
Karisma, your messages above have very good points and you explained yourself very well !!

I'm glad anyone seem to understand my point of wiew. Thank You!

Karisma said:
I'm glad anyone seem to understand my point of wiew. Thank You!

To be honest I think Daniel has a weird look, and his eyes are not very expressive (maybe I'm wrong but it is my impression when I look at him), but anyway I liked to read your reasons and the way you articulate your arguments. Congratulations, very interesting.

Hert dog is her BIG LOVE!

Regina said:
To be honest I think Daniel has a weird look, and his eyes are not very expressive (maybe I'm wrong but it is my impression when I look at him), but anyway I liked to read your reasons and the way you articulate your arguments. Congratulations, very interesting.

Today in Swedens no 1 morningpaper "Dagens Nyheter" (News of today) Victoria said "My love havingf black hair, warm eys, black hair, walking on four legs, having a warm black nose -I'ts my dog" -se said! - when journalists in China asked. I find no point in comparing a personel friend of Victorias, or a dog, with officials, though I find her dog cute;) ... Let Victoria be together with her friends. I wouldn't dare being a friendof a Royal when people go on so hard on them. If I took a job near a Royal I would have had a chanse saying - NO! But if Victoria and all other young Royals around the world can't have friends it's really bad. If someone becomes fiancé I'm sure we'll know about it. But for Gods sake - let Youngsters be Youngsters until they´ve admitted being officials.

Karisma said:
Well, Daniel Isn't an official person yet so I,ll don't see why You compaire him with one?

How did I compare him to an official person? I simply said that etiquette is something that anyone, such as Daniel, can learn from classes if he is unawares of such things. Please read my posts carefully and do not put words in my mouth.

Karisma said:
Daniel? Who? Oh, You must be thinking about one of CP Victorias friends. I don't know much about him only lots of speculations in scandalmagazines. In official Sweden he's "nobody", and the Royal court don't mention any "Daniel" and don't comment him in official states. So there are no "Daniel" to discus and compare with person who have accepted being Royals and officials.

You must have a short memory. Or convenient memory lost. How is it that you can discuss Daniel whenever it suits you as an official person or not, but when others want to he suddenly doesn't exist? :confused:

Perhaps a memory refresher is necessary? Here is a choice quote by you (the royal blue font is the clue that it's a post by you), originally posted on September 30:

ABOUT Mr Daniel Westling:
I must remind You we have former drougusing outliving persons who have married Royals. Some even having children with other "common" petty bourgeois persons.

Journalists have been searching for scandals about Daniel Westling for years but still don't found anything worth writing about. So whats to do when You can't find anything negative to say? Oh Yes: Find up something!

He is ugly. (I don't matter if he is ladies, You aren't dating him).

He haven't good manors? Says who? Meting him when...? He still havnt attended official together with Royals or other officials.

He is not intelligent! (What's wrong doing company management - - last year the company's turnover was 21 million kronor and he's still expends with a new hotel with spa- and sports department). Prince Henrik of Denmark having winerys and I can't find It better or worse. Daniels buisness is more modern into the 21th century. Many of the girls who have been dating some Royal "lads" havn't been working in very glamorous professions, but some still have been good wifes to their "Prince". Nobody should be condemd at all, especially not by us, and not as a Royal when he aren't.

If You have to dicuss Daniels qualitys dont't do by looks and not as a Princes consort when he isn't. He is doing buisness as a manger of gyms, coming hotel and healthservices. Mark an exam of his buisness if You must, and while doing why don't look for drugusing in younger days, having childdren with other women and outliving like some girls marrying a certin Crown Prince... You'll have to work hard to find anything nearly like these scandals on Daniel - PROMISE!

Before Daniel plenty of women were discussed in relations to royals whether or not they were engaged. When she was merely Mary Donaldson of Australia, Mary was known in Denmark and Australia as Crown Prince Ferederik's girlfriend. So why not fair play for Daniel Westling? He may not exist officially but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist at all.

Karisma said:
Not intelligent? Who? What? Why? Whome? What Daniel? I have a friend, Daniel Sjögren! :rolleyes: Do You know him? He is quite a man! :cool:

Nice to know you have friends. Say hi to your friend Daniel for me. :cool:

Karisma said:
(We have no one namned "Daniel" in The Swedish Royal family so I find no ground going on discussing a private person on a forum aimed for Royal officials).

See the above quoted post by you. You certainly found ground to discuss how not good looking he was, how unintelligent he is, and about how no scandal has been unearthed about him. So why can you discuss him even if he doesn't actually exist to you but I cannot? Seems hypocritcal to me. :mad:

Karisma said:
Im no specialist in psychiatry,but what have intelligence with courage to do?

I don't know. :confused: You're the one who brought it up. You said that royals should be free of phobias and fears so they must be strong and courageous I guess, and you're the one who said that Daniel was unintelligent and that even Einstein was no Einstein. ... What does psychiatry have to do with this? :confused: Are you a pyschiatrist? :confused:

Karisma said:
We don't have a Crownprincessconsort in Sweden so You have been badly informed. And I myself, I don't know anything about it, but a lot of gossip and tittle-tattle is going on among wild gesticulating persons eager to know more then there are to say at the very moment. :D

I'm not uninformed about anything on this topic. I never once said that Victoria was engaged to Daniel or to anyone else. I was simply discussing some of the points raised here by you. So if discussion is considered "tittle-tattle" then I guess that's what's been going on here. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree, that it´s very interesting to read your posts, Karisma.
But generally I agree with Genevieve.
A lot you write, is about hypocrisy and about Royals you don´t seem to like (let´s name her: crown princess Mette Marit)

When you think, that Daniel isn´t an official person, people shouldn´t talk about right now, why are talking then here so much about him?
We are well aware, that Daniel isn´t an official member of the Royal family. But we see him attending an official Ice hockey game with Victoria, we see him with the Royal parents, we heard her earlier talking about Daniel (and not just only about her dogs...btw. I think mentioned Jambo is a blond dog and I think she has also decribed him as blond. Dark hair has only Daniel :p ), and even the court commented a few times on Daniel. So why should we ignore him and shouldn´t talk about him? Obviously he isn´t hiding in the cellar of his appartment house, but is step by step doing things, that a prince would do.

Crown princess Victoria suffered from anorexia, crown princess Mette Marit was afraid of flying. Both have sought help and are cured. So what is the difference? And how would you argue, that Victoria, a born Royal and daughter of a king (with Royal/noble parents) and the perfectly fitting commoner Silvia, suffered also from a mental problem (???)

BTW I wonder, if you tell as principal bad students also, that Mozart and Einstein were failures at school ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom