The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have read some rather harsh and condescending remarks here in this discussion, and I want to urge all of our members to please remember to treat each other with respect and politeness.

Discussions is always good, but please keep them on a normal level and don't get agitated or heated in your emotions so that you write something that isn't very nice to other/s. The Royal Forums won't put up with name calling or disrespect to anyone.

Please remember to keep this thread on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation,
GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like Daniel. He must be very, VERY different in private for Victoria to love him. Or she must be very insecure.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him or Victoria.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Don´t criticize

It´s unfare criticizeing Daniel. They aren´engaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
It´s unfare criticizeing Daniel. They aren´engaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.
I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. That is news to me.

We criticize everyone on this forum, so why not Daniel? A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude? The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!

I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways. He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. That is news to me.
In my opinion it´s allright to have higher expentations on a person who is an official representative of the state (Royal house) compared to a commoner. And Daniel is nothing but a commoner so far.
Quote:
We criticize everyone on this forum,

(Yes, people have managed to convince me in that matter...)

Quote:
so why not Daniel?
Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
Quote:
A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude?
I havn´t read about that so I just have to beleve You and regret if there have been hard words on commoner girlfriends. But I´m not a bit sexistic because if I´ve would have seen "pre-princesses" being criticized Iwould have been writing the same thing.
Quote:
The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!
For me it is one thing being a concort and another being not official girl- or boyfriend to a Royal person. And it´s not fair play to criticize anyone comparing them with Royals when they are NOT.
Quote:
I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.
Well, I havn´t said anything about Mary and Maxima and I don´t know if their had any private buisness before they got married. But I think that every boy or girl should be able to do something profitable themselves. I can imagine the way something looks if a girl or boyfriend to a Royal person wouldn´t be able to supply... Just imagine what sound it would have been in the criticizm.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!

I think its natural that the people around the royal family, boyfriends/girlfriends/friends/enemies :) gets some attention. The swedish magazines has had several articles about Victorias friends, just because they are her friends. Otherwise they would never be noticed.
We even have a thread here called "Friends of the royal family"
Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!
Why do you say probably Yennie?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Why do you say probably Yennie?
Because you can never know for sure ( I think so though :) )
But remember Daniel Collert... He and Victoria dated for 8 years and even if they were young they were still at "marrige-age".But then they, as we all know, split up.
Also I think Daniel W might not be to happy about beeing in the public eye for the rest of his life...
but its almost as if they have taken it "to far" to back out... They have even been out "officially" (=mentioned in the official calendar) once.

But, who knows what will happend!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Majesty

i do hope so

i think if he gets his own intrests to work with he wiöll be a great consort
Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.
On the other hand I think it is far easier for a woman to take on the title and lifestyle of her husband, wonderful examples to name just a few are Queen Silvia, Princess Mary, Sophie Wessex and quite a few others.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.
I'm still convinced they hand-picked the young diplomats for the course CP Victoria attended last year and hoped that she might fall for one of them - just like queens Margrethe and Beatrix had chosen young diplomats for their husbands. But obviously Victoria sticks to Daniel and after the course, IIRC, she brought him to some more private events like her father's birthday and a wedding of friends.

Now I believe they are about to get engaged if Daniel wants to marry her and the package that comes with it and if not, we'll see them split up in the very near future. My opinion, of course.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus

¿Why not Daniel Westling as Prince Consort?
The essential thing is that his temperament, his human quality, his tenacity and endurance, his aptitude to deal and to communicate with the most unlike people, be adapted to exercise the role as Prince consort in a constitutional monarchy of a country member of the European Union.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Courtier

People have to take a liking to Daniel for him to be accepted by the public.
He might be a good future consort of a future queen if this relationship
goes into marriage.Only time will time for these two.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Daniel will only be a good consort as much as he wants, the SRF and the Swedes allow him to be.

Stellad
Old 08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Nobility

I understand that people want Victoria to find a wonderful young man, but from what I've seen and read, I think people are very hard on Daniel. He's in a very difficult position. For example, people complain that he looks "angry" in pictures, but if he was always smiling and waving, everyone would say he was trying to get attention for himself or steal the limelight from Victoria. (Personally, I think he just looks shy and uncomfortable.) Others complain that owning a gym isn't classy enough. But, if he was CEO of some company, they'd be saying that he was involved in shady business deals that could compromise the royal family. Or, if he was independently wealthy and didn't work, they'd say he was a lazy playboy. The list goes on and on. Victoria has a tough role to fill in finding a husband. She seems smart enough to be aware of the frustrations Philip of England, Bernhard and Claus of the Netherlands, and Henrik of Denmark have faced as "husbands of," so she must know she has to find a resilient guy. Maybe she sees strong character who can build his own life without being too overwhelmed with being his wife's "subject." (Maybe she even loves him, too!)
Old 08-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness

Kalnel, you made some interesting points about Daniel. I am not his fan, but maybe he has pesonality traits that Victoria needs. It is true, that man's position as a royal consort is difficult and might be disgraceful. If Daniel is the one who can manage it gracefuly and make Victoria happy, so let be it.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?
Old 08-23-2008, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?
You mean then, when we had thought, that now...finally...FINALLY...they must get married?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Courtier

I do not think they ever will marry....