Will Daniel be a suitable Prince Consort?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condescending or?

Genevieve said:
How did I compare him to an official person? I simply said that etiquette is something that anyone, such as Daniel, can learn from classes if he is unawares of such things. Please read my posts carefully and do not put words in my mouth.

A person isn't official only because there's gossip around her/him. When You're a Royal person, President, Primeminister or leading politician You've choose to be a part of the Establishment.

Genevieve said:
You must have a short memory. Or convenient memory lost. How is it that you can discuss Daniel whenever it suits you as an official person or not, but when others want to he suddenly doesn't exist? :confused:
Genevieve said:
Perhaps a memory refresher is necessary? Here is a choice quote by you (the royal blue font is the clue that it's a post by you), originally posted on September 30:

It was a trying to explain Mr Westling isn't an official (public). Some did understand my points, others obviously don't.

Genevieve said:
Before Daniel plenty of women were discussed in relations to royals whether or not they were engaged. When she was merely Mary Donaldson of Australia, Mary was known in Denmark and Australia as Crown Prince Ferederik's girlfriend. So why not fair play for Daniel Westling? He may not exist officially but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist at all.

I havn't been a member very long and know nothing about discussions before middle of august 2005.

Genevieve said:
Nice to know you have friends. Say hi to your friend Daniel for me. :cool:

I do hope You too have some friends too, being a pleasant person. Mr Sjögren will have Your greeting.

Genevieve said:
See the above quoted post by you. You certainly found ground to discuss how not good looking he was, how unintelligent he is, and about how no scandal has been unearthed about him. So why can you discuss him even if he doesn't actually exist to you but I cannot? Seems hypocritcal to me. :mad:

You can discus what You like to do (if webmaster don't mind). My point is: Don't compare a privat person with Royals.

Genevieve said:
I don't know. :confused: You're the one who brought it up. You said that royals should be free of phobias and fears so they must be strong and courageous I guess, and you're the one who said that Daniel was unintelligent and that even Einstein was no Einstein. ... What does psychiatry have to do with this? :confused: Are you a pyschiatrist? :confused:

Please read what I've been writing. Is it Mr Sjögren You're speeking about when You name Einstein? :rolleyes:

Genevieve said:
I'm not uninformed about anything on this topic. I never once said that Victoria was engaged to Daniel or to anyone else. I was simply discussing some of the points raised here by you. So if discussion is considered "tittle-tattle" then I guess that's what's been going on here. :rolleyes:

I'm not very well informed agout "tittle-tattle" and I havn't read everything in this forum but I follow official announcements with great interest.

Fuss, drivel and dirty digging!

Lena said:
I agree, that it´s very interesting to read your posts, Karisma.
But generally I agree with Genevieve.
A lot you write, is about hypocrisy and about Royals you don´t seem to like (let´s name her: crown princess Mette Marit)

I havn't been compairing any Royal person with another, and definitely not any private person with a Royal person.

You, Yourself mention a Norwegian Royal. I don't think she belongs here! I could think about many other Royals from Europe though.:rolleyes:

Lena said:
When you think, that Daniel isn´t an official person, people shouldn´t talk about right now, why are talking then here so much about him?
We are well aware, that Daniel isn´t an official member of the Royal family. But we see him attending an official Ice hockey game with Victoria, we see him with the Royal parents, we heard her earlier talking about Daniel (and not just only about her dogs...btw. I think mentioned Jambo is a blond dog and I think she has also decribed him as blond. Dark hair has only Daniel :p ), and even the court commented a few times on Daniel. So why should we ignore him and shouldn´t talk about him? Obviously he isn´t hiding in the cellar of his appartment house, but is step by step doing things, that a prince would do.

I have the paper "Dagens Nyheter" at my side and Victoria speaks about a black, hairy dog with four legs and a big, black, wet nose. It doesn't matter! She could be making it up or a journalist had it all wrong. Did - didn't! Who knows? Let's don't argue about that detail.

When the court commented Mr Westling it was as a friend among friends.

I don't know what a former Crownprincessconsort would do because at the very moment there are only one Crownprincess in Europe (whome I know about) becomming a head of state. I havn't a clue what a person who is to become CP Victorias fiancé must do the day the Royal Court give an announcement.

Lena said:
Crown princess Victoria suffered from anorexia, crown princess Mette Marit was afraid of flying. Both have sought help and are cured. So what is the difference? And how would you argue, that Victoria, a born Royal and daughter of a king (with Royal/noble parents) and the perfectly fitting commoner Silvia, suffered also from a mental problem (???)

Your lines above is far away to low for me. :( I could include lots and lots of European Royals having had problems, living jet-set lives and being unfaithful to their wifes, drugusing, abusing alcohol and so on. But it isn't what this thread is about. And it wouldn't be a dignified discussion here. I, myself, think I'll drop it and let them who bury oneself in one's studies of spiteful things dig deeper with more and more dirt under there nailes.:mad:

Lena said:
BTW I wonder, if you tell as principal bad students also, that Mozart and Einstein were failures at school ;)

You can be sure I do! :)

Karisma said:
I havn't been compairing any Royal person with another, and definitely not any private person with a Royal person.

You, Yourself mention a Norwegian Royal. I don't think she belongs here! I could think about many other Royals from Europe though.:rolleyes:

I have the paper "Dagens Nyheter" at my side and Victoria speaks about a black, hairy dog with four legs and a big, black, wet nose. It doesn't matter! She could be making it up or a journalist had it all wrong. Did - didn't! Who knows? Let's don't argue about that detail.

When the court commented Mr Westling it was as a friend among friends.

I don't know what a former Crownprincessconsort would do because at the very moment there are only one Crownprincess in Europe (whome I know about) becomming a head of state. I havn't a clue what a person who is to become CP Victorias fiancé must do the day the Royal Court give an announcement.

Your lines above is far away to low for me. :( I could include lots and lots of European Royals having had problems, living jet-set lives and being unfaithful to their wifes, drugusing, abusing alcohol and so on. But it isn't what this thread is about. And it wouldn't be a dignified discussion here. I, myself, think I'll drop it and let them who bury oneself in one's studies of spiteful things dig deeper with more and more dirt under there nailes.:mad:

You can be sure I do! :)

Come on, don´t play here the innocent! I hate to discuss on a level, where one person doesn´t name things, but everyone knows, who is meant. And when one is asked directly, the person say "Why do you think, I´ve meant this person?"
I don´t want to discuss mental problems on a low level. I want ppl accepting, that some persons have problems and need support. No matter to which class, they belong.
All which came from you was, that Royals with a mental problem don´t deserve a positive reaction (from you) :mad: :
If CP Victoria, or an other Royal person in an other country, will marry a person having drougproblems, former living in a dope den, with children together with an other girl, having phobias, frights with common things a Royal have to manage, I can assue You I'll not have positive reactions... Victoria still a single Royalwoman, and Mr Westling havn't been using drugs, isn't a father, hav'nt been living in a dope den. We don't know of any phobias and he's not engaged to anyone I know.

And at the same time you talked about inappropriate commoners.

Last edited:
Interpretation

Lena said:
Come on, don´t play here the innocent!

I'm not playing anything, dear! I'm in the right having an opinion. But don't put words into my mouth. Please read what I'm writing and don't use Your interpretation about it. I'll try to respect Your opinion. Try to respect mine.

Lena said:
I hate to discuss on a level, where one person doesn´t name things, but everyone knows, who is meant.

You seem to be spiteful! It's not good for Your pressure. Calm down a little bit would be good for You.

I don't think You have got powers of reasoning and can read my mind taking into consideration it seam to be clear You have misunderstood the issue in my mind.

Lena said:
And when one is asked directly, the person say "Why do you think, I´ve meant this person?"

And You havn't answerd my question Yet. "Why do you think, I´ve meant this person?" You are the one doing an interpretation this time too! Perheps It's better for You fleeing from reality and put Your words into other persons mouth? Don't jump on to others - answer for Your own opinion. I can stand up for mine and know what I have had in my mind. But what You think You know it's not the same as You can know what I have what have been thinking about. That's arrogance!

Lena said:
I don´t want to discuss mental problems on a low level. I want ppl accepting, that some persons have problems and need support. No matter to which class, they belong.

Well, if You want to discuss mental problems there are other forums better then "The Royal Forums".

Healthy or sick- everyone must become aware of their limits. And if they don't do they will need help getting awareness.

Lena said:
All which came from you was, that Royals with a mental problem don´t deserve a positive reaction (from you) :mad: :

You think You are an expert reading other persons minds? Don't! I'll suggest You try harder reading what people realy are writing and not let Your feelings run away with You making Your own interprtation about what You think other people may be tinking. It is in the best conceivable manner both commoners and Royals don't make unfounded allegations.

Lena said:
And at the same time you talked about inappropriate commoners.

Speaking about what's appropriate:
"There are things You've got to be a specilist not to understand".

Last edited:
My my, things are getting rather heated on these boards! I should learn to check more often!

At any rate, I think (maybe hope as well ;) ) we here about an engagement soon...

Karisma said:
I'm not playing anything, dear! I'm in the right having an opinion. But don't put words into my mouth. Please read what I'm writing and don't use Your interpretation about it. I'll try to respect Your opinion. Try to respect mine.

You seem to be spiteful! It's not good for Your pressure. Calm down a little bit would be good for You.

I don't think You have got powers of reasoning and can read my mind taking into consideration it seam to be clear You have misunderstood the issue in my mind.

And You havn't answerd my question Yet. "Why do you think, I´ve meant this person?" You are the one doing an interpretation this time too! Perheps It's better for You fleeing from reality and put Your words into other persons mouth? Don't jump on to others - answer for Your own opinion. I can stand up for mine and know what I have had in my mind. But what You think You know it's not the same as You can know what I have what have been thinking about. That's arrogance!

Well, if You want to discuss mental problems there are other forums better then "The Royal Forums".

Healthy or sick- everyone must become aware of their limits. And if they don't do they will need help getting awareness.

You think You are an expert reading other persons minds? Don't! I'll suggest You try harder reading what people realy are writing and not let Your feelings run away with You making Your own interprtation about what You think other people may be tinking. It is in the best conceivable manner both commoners and Royals don't make unfounded allegations.

Speaking about what's appropriate:
"There are things You've got to be a specilist not to understand".

I can´t read minds, but I can read your former posts. Please delete them, when you don´t want us to expose your contradictions :D
This post will be my last one in this discussion with you on this matter. I think, I´ve done enough to prove you wrong...:p If you want, you can interpret it as capitulation, I don´t care. :cool: :p ;) :) :D

I just can hope that the word "principal" in your profile is a lie. Or that you unload your frustration and your injustice on MBs, but nowhere else. Otherwise: poor kids.
For us, it´s some kind of awkward fun (combined with a shake of the head) to read your stuff. Students would be in a way dependent from you :(

Last edited:
You aren't a spokesperson!

Lena said:
I can´t read minds, but I can read your former posts. Please delete them, when you don´t want us to expose your contradictions :D
This post will be my last one in this discussion with you on this matter. I think, I´ve done enough to prove you wrong...:p If you want, you can interpret it as capitulation, I don´t care. :cool: :p ;) :) :D

Former posts in an other threads about other persons is'nt about what this particular thred deals with. You must have been mixing up one thing with another. Let's try deal with this thread here and another thred somewere else. When You write about "contradictions" it's an interpretation from You, and worse: You speak about "us". You aren't a spokesperson for anyone but Yourself! I've got lots of e-mail from persons sayin "Thank's for raise a lively debate"... What's worring me is the one's don't dare to say their thougts here. Why? Well, "some people on The Royal Forum don't seem to like people with other opinions", they say. For me it's a warning signal when people can't speek free.

It's not about being right or wrong, it's about the right to have an opinion. So if You've been writing to "prove" anything it have been a total failure for You. But I've liked to hear Your opinions thougt, and I do respect them.

I'm not the one doing interpretation on You. I read Your words and answer You with my opinion on what You're writing.

Lena said:
I just can hope that the word "principal" in your profile is a lie. Or that you unload your frustration and your injustice on MBs, but nowhere else. Otherwise: poor kids.
For us, it´s some kind of awkward fun (combined with a shake of the head) to read your stuff. Students would be in a way dependent from you :(

I'm not used with lies, and don't do them! It was a tactless, immature, remark . You are still jumping on to others, trying to read minds, when You involve my work into this discussion. You havn't a clou about my occupation, how I do work, in what grade I'm working and what type of Schoolbuisniss I'm a leader of. You imagine it's "poor kids". Who have said anything about kids, and why "poor"? Interpretation again!

First: I'ts all about Your imagination.
Second: I can't see I've been discussing Your or other members profession here, and I don't thing we ought to do so eigther. But when You mention it: At least I have the courage writing in my profile I'm a principal, headmaster, dean = head of schoolbusiness. I am for sure! And I'm doing A good job, having independent students learning to be critical to a source of error and standing up for their opinion.

To Karisma and Lena:
I dont want to act police here, but why dont you take your discussion by PM´s instead?
It has nothing to do with Daniel anymore and that is what this thread is about.

peace :)

Thanks!

Yennie said:
To Karisma and Lena:
I dont want to act police here, but why dont you take your discussion by PM´s instead?

I can't agree more! But webmasters don't like when You write PM:s if not invited. I've been doing that misstake when I was a newbe. :eek:

If we only can be tolerant with other peoples opinions it would'nt be problems. Discussion abov is very much about me having an opinion about another Royal person. There were many menbers who didn't like my opinion and told me in a polite way. It's OK with me, but when making conclusions about my person and seeking dirt about other Royals, just to prove other Royals having problems too, it's not OK. I'll try to go back to writing about my interests here - Royals. Thank You very much for Your opinion!

Yennie said:
To Karisma and Lena:

Well, Yennie, I agree, that such a discussion should maybe lead on in PMs.
But as I´ve said, I don´t want to talk to him anymore.
But I will willingly go on to talk with the ppl, who congratulated me (via PM) for facing Karisma´s contradictions.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have read some rather harsh and condescending remarks here in this discussion, and I want to urge all of our members to please remember to treat each other with respect and politeness.

Discussions is always good, but please keep them on a normal level and don't get agitated or heated in your emotions so that you write something that isn't very nice to other/s. The Royal Forums won't put up with name calling or disrespect to anyone.

Please remember to keep this thread on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation,
GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator.

Try as I might, I just can't bring myself to like Daniel. He must be very, VERY different in private for Victoria to love him. Or she must be very insecure.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him or Victoria.

Don´t criticize

It´s unfare criticizeing Daniel. They aren´engaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.

Last edited:
Karisma said:
It´s unfare criticizeing Daniel. They aren´engaged yet, and noone knows for sure if they ever will be. Give him a chanse, wait and see in a future perspective . Many prince consorts are commoners too, and some of them have been doing quite a good job.

I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. :confused: That is news to me.

We criticize everyone on this forum, so why not Daniel? A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude? The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!

I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways. He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.

Alexandria said:
I didn't realize that only when individuals officially became officially part of royal families that we could criticize them. :confused: That is news to me.
In my opinion it´s allright to have higher expentations on a person who is an official representative of the state (Royal house) compared to a commoner. And Daniel is nothing but a commoner so far.
Alexandria said:
We criticize everyone on this forum,

(Yes, people have managed to convince me in that matter...):rolleyes:

Alexandria said:
so why not Daniel?
Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
Alexandria said:
A lot of pre-princess commoner girlfriends were heavily criticized before any official engagements, so why the sexist attitude?
I havn´t read about that so I just have to beleve You and regret if there have been hard words on commoner girlfriends. But I´m not a bit sexistic because if I´ve would have seen "pre-princesses" being criticized Iwould have been writing the same thing.
Alexandria said:
The level of slagging that went on over Mary from the time she moved from Australia to Denmark was incredible, and Maxima got a lot of criticism for not only her own life, but her father's actions, too. And consider all the comments about William's Kate Middleton or Harry's Chelsea. Turnabout is fair play, I say!
For me it is one thing being a concort and another being not official girl- or boyfriend to a Royal person. And it´s not fair play to criticize anyone comparing them with Royals when they are NOT.
Alexandria said:
I am not quite sure I understand the protective attitude towards Daniel anyways He's been in the public eye for several years now by virtue of the fact that he is Victoria's boyfriend. She has come out and said that he is her boyfriend. They attend weddings and other occasions together as boyfriend and girlfriend. He has even furthered his business because of this relationship. Of all the commoner girlfriends/boyfriends to be criticized I would say Daniel is the one as unlike Mary or Maxima who never furthered their private business investments through their royal relationships, Daniel has benefitted a great deal.
Well, I havn´t said anything about Mary and Maxima and I don´t know if their had any private buisness before they got married. But I think that every boy or girl should be able to do something profitable themselves. I can imagine the way something looks if a girl or boyfriend to a Royal person wouldn´t be able to supply... Just imagine what sound it would have been in the criticizm. :eek:

Last edited:
Why ciriticize any commoner in a forum called "The Royal Forums"?
maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!

I think its natural that the people around the royal family, boyfriends/girlfriends/friends/enemies :) gets some attention. The swedish magazines has had several articles about Victorias friends, just because they are her friends. Otherwise they would never be noticed.
We even have a thread here called "Friends of the royal family"

Last edited:
Yennie said:
maybe because he dates the future Queen of Sweden and probably will be prince consort!!

Why do you say probably Yennie?

ysbel said:
Why do you say probably Yennie?
Because you can never know for sure ( I think so though :) )
But remember Daniel Collert... He and Victoria dated for 8 years and even if they were young they were still at "marrige-age".But then they, as we all know, split up.
Also I think Daniel W might not be to happy about beeing in the public eye for the rest of his life...
but its almost as if they have taken it "to far" to back out... They have even been out "officially" (=mentioned in the official calendar) once.

But, who knows what will happend!

i do hope so

i think if he gets his own intrests to work with he wiöll be a great consort

Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.
On the other hand I think it is far easier for a woman to take on the title and lifestyle of her husband, wonderful examples to name just a few are Queen Silvia, Princess Mary, Sophie Wessex and quite a few others.

Not that long ago royalty would only marry royalty, in fact nobles only married nobles but these days that seems to have been forgotten. I would still prefer CP Victoria to marry someone nearer to her station in life and that has nothing to do with Mr. W.

I'm still convinced they hand-picked the young diplomats for the course CP Victoria attended last year and hoped that she might fall for one of them - just like queens Margrethe and Beatrix had chosen young diplomats for their husbands. But obviously Victoria sticks to Daniel and after the course, IIRC, she brought him to some more private events like her father's birthday and a wedding of friends.

Now I believe they are about to get engaged if Daniel wants to marry her and the package that comes with it and if not, we'll see them split up in the very near future. My opinion, of course.

¿Why not Daniel Westling as Prince Consort?
The essential thing is that his temperament, his human quality, his tenacity and endurance, his aptitude to deal and to communicate with the most unlike people, be adapted to exercise the role as Prince consort in a constitutional monarchy of a country member of the European Union.

Last edited:
People have to take a liking to Daniel for him to be accepted by the public.
He might be a good future consort of a future queen if this relationship
goes into marriage.Only time will time for these two.

Daniel will only be a good consort as much as he wants, the SRF and the Swedes allow him to be.

Stellad

I understand that people want Victoria to find a wonderful young man, but from what I've seen and read, I think people are very hard on Daniel. He's in a very difficult position. For example, people complain that he looks "angry" in pictures, but if he was always smiling and waving, everyone would say he was trying to get attention for himself or steal the limelight from Victoria. (Personally, I think he just looks shy and uncomfortable.) Others complain that owning a gym isn't classy enough. But, if he was CEO of some company, they'd be saying that he was involved in shady business deals that could compromise the royal family. Or, if he was independently wealthy and didn't work, they'd say he was a lazy playboy. The list goes on and on. Victoria has a tough role to fill in finding a husband. She seems smart enough to be aware of the frustrations Philip of England, Bernhard and Claus of the Netherlands, and Henrik of Denmark have faced as "husbands of," so she must know she has to find a resilient guy. Maybe she sees strong character who can build his own life without being too overwhelmed with being his wife's "subject." (Maybe she even loves him, too!)

Kalnel, you made some interesting points about Daniel. I am not his fan, but maybe he has pesonality traits that Victoria needs. It is true, that man's position as a royal consort is difficult and might be disgraceful. If Daniel is the one who can manage it gracefuly and make Victoria happy, so let be it.:)

I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?

I can not believe that we are still discussing this topic. Didn't we finish this discussion two years ago?

You mean then, when we had thought, that now...finally...FINALLY...they must get married? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom