The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Will Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling Marry in 2009?
Yes! 20 13.70%
No, they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010 47 32.19%
No, they will get engaged & married in 2010 16 10.96%
No, they will get married in 2011 6 4.11%
No, they will get married after 2011 5 3.42%
No, they will never get married 52 35.62%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

some relationships are never getting anywhere and this one seems to be one of those. it's already getting too tight for a wedding in 2009, and honestly, even if there is an engagement this year, will people - apart from some of us - really get excited? there is something about this couple that is strange or not working. maybe vikki wants to become the next virgin queen inspired by Elizabeth I, have a terrific reign and leave the production to her siblings, thumbing her nose at the nation.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, maybe she's planning to buck tradition by maintaining her relationship with Daniel without ever getting married. That would certainly raise eyebrows even though that sort of thing is relatively common amongst us mere mortals (commoners) . I don't suppose anyone can do anything about it at all if that's her choice.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

Hm, doesn't sound like bucking tradition, but bring an old one back of having a royal mistress (or mister in this case). That would rid any argument about her being boring.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Nobility

i guess , they will never get married , but vote for , they will get engaged in 2009 and marry in 2010, because icany wait more to see this princess married !
i don't konw what she is waiting for ??? she is 31years old know , betwen fiancaille and marriage (2years) she wll be in her 33years old !
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

If Mr Westling is not the man for Victoria, they're going to have to split up pretty darn soon in order for there to be a suitable time for Victoria to be single before embarking on another relationship with an eventual view to getting married. That said, I think there is still plenty of time for Victoria and Daniel to get married and assuming they both want children (rather than it being a case of Victoria marrying anyone so as to produce an heir) she could be fit and healthy enough to start a family into her late 30's. Who knows what the delay might be - for all we know they could be secretly engaged as we speak ready to spring a surprise announcement at any second!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Courtier

I voted for YES! what ever is stopping them I send my good vibes for it to dissipate.

Now, a real opinion. This is really annoying to discuss, [S]pretty much like the relationship of William and Kate, people talking like they knew a crap about the intimacy of a couple[/S]. I think it is really up to them. I don't agree with Jacknch that she could be fit and healthy in her late 30's to start a family, in my opinion, women shouldn't wait that long as a matter of health. But is up to HER and HIM.

What do we know about their relationship??? what we see in pictures people!, we don't see them interact and even if we did a couple's life is complex and they will know when to either split or get married.We know so little, that I swore Carl Philip had broken up with Emma and it turns they weren't. For what we know, they are dating and Daniel moved to the palace.

Until the annoucement of the engagement, I feel intrusive to be talking about a couple that I see from far
Old 01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

But not speculating is boooooring.
Of course it doesn´t change much...but so what.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Courtier

It can take several years for a couple to marry, take it from a woman who had been together with her current husband for six and a half years before actually tying the knot... Of course we had been living together for five years and had been engaged little over five years.

I think there might be several things why Victoria hasn't married yet. She seems to be a perfectionist and takes her role very seriously so maybe she really wants to make sure she's making the right choice and that everything will be "perfect". It might even be that despite the fact that she knows that an heir is expected of her (and might even like to have children), she doesn't feel like the time is right for it. Or maybe Daniel isn't sure he wants to become a prince.

I have a feeling, and I might be wrong, that Daniel and Victoria will never marry. I secretly kind of hope they won't... I think she could do better. There's the thing that seems to be very common among the young royals which is first dating someone for several years and then announcing an engagement with someone who seems to come sort of out of the blue. It might even be that the couple have been seeing each other for years without the press finding out. I guess meeting someone at the Olympic Games is out of the question now unless Victoria met someone in Beijing providing she was there (I'm not sure)..
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Why are we making this topic again? I don't think they will marry anytime soon. They either marry after 2011 or never.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Why are we making this topic again? I don't think they will marry anytime soon. They either marry after 2011 or never.
2 more years with Victoria´s I-do-not-want-attention programme
It´s one thing, she is spending her private time with Don Westling in her 2 room apartment...but it´s an other, she had reduced her programme more or less to award giving, short university courses and sightseeing trips. Nothing with big business trips and an entourage of press ppl following.
She doesn´t wanna get into the focus as spinster.
That´s obvious for everyone, who was following her schedule for real in the past years (since her comeback after her anorexia)
Earlier she did real business trips or humanitarian ones. And the conflict resolution thing, seemed like a field, she wanted to go into. But now there is nothing like Haakon´s (AIDS), or Willem Alexander´s (Water) or Philippe´s (trade) engagement in sight.
And the calendar doesn´t promise much for the first third of 2009 so far.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
I Think they will never get married
I agree. I think Victoria will have no issue, being succeded by her brother (unfortunately).
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't Victoria say she would choose the throne over Love , well I wish she would they have been together for a very long time if after this many years together and if marriage is not in the cards yet , She needs to move on . JMO
Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Nobility

I hope for: YES!!!!!!! this year or 2010 the latest...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I voted for"No, they will never get married"... but I wouln't mind to be proved wrong...
I just hope SOMETHING happens. Either a break-up or an engagement. I wonder what they are waiting for.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

I also voted for "No they will never marry" but I would happily be proven wrong!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I also voted for "No they will never marry" but I would happily be proven wrong!
I agree -- just feel something strange about this relationship -- I am probably wrong, but there just doesn't seem to be that "spark" lovers emit, even when they don't want to............
Old 01-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Nobility

I voted for 2010 for an engagment and a wedding though I have nothing to base this on except a hunch.I have no reason to believe they are not devoted to each other it may just be marriage is not a high priority for them it's not for every couple.The fact that Victoria will be Queen may be what pushes then to marry but they will do it when they are ready and no sooner.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Gentry

I voted they will never get married, just because it seems that way. Hope I'm wrong. I would like CP Victoria to be very happily married. If she does marry, I think she will be the same age as her mother was when she married.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think ... yes ! .
Old 01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

2009 is the year that Victoria is going to realize she can do much better, trust me. They will never get married, I gave up all hope by now.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, marriage, poll, polls, wedding