Will Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling marry in 2008?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will Victoria and Daniel marry in 2008?

• Yes!

Votes: 70 35.5%
  • No, they will marry in 2009

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, they will marry in 2010

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • No, they will marry after 2010

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No, they will never marry

Votes: 47 23.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Lena suggested to create this poll: ´Do you think Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will finally marry in 2008?´. Please cast your votes in this poll and feel free to tell what you voted and why. :napoleon:

I voted for YES. Im not usre i i support my answer 100% though i oculd see them marrying in 2008. My guess if they do, engagment will be announced in spring & wedding in winter. well. lets hope...:flowers:

Well, I am in a good mood so I voted yes too, I think if they postpone it even longer some of our members will need life support to survive. Anyway, perhaps it takes this long because Daniel wants to get his love a whopper of a diamond ring (yes yes, let´s stay positive here ;)).

I voted for YES. Im not usre i i support my answer 100% though i oculd see them marrying in 2008. My guess if they do, engagment will be announced in spring & wedding in winter. well. lets hope...:flowers:

That´s interesting, as I had asked Marengo to start this poll, because for me now "the engagement season" is starting (once again :rolleyes:)...which means, that I´m somehow always guessing, that she would want a summer wedding and so an engagement in between October and April is quite likely.

I could be wrong of course. But with Mary&Frederik and Mette Marit&Haakon as measure, the Scandinavian temperatures and Victoria´s love for summer, it seems likely. I´d though guess, that it would take place before the ppl would leave the city for their summer houses and vacations or after their comebacks. So in May/June or in August/early September.

And me wouldn´t be me, if me wouldn´t have checked the schedule for "fitting gaps" already *cough*
After Nobel&Pre Xmas is a hot guess
Directly after the Xmas vacation an other
And of course March (esp March 12)

I know...I know I´m predicting every year the same, but now it finally has to work out
angsthasehw8.gif

I know...I know I´m predicting every year the same, but now it finally has to work out
angsthasehw8.gif

My fear is IF no engagment & nor wedding takes place by the end of 2008 that Daniel wont pop the question :neutral:

That´s interesting, as I had asked Marengo to start this poll, because for me now "the engagement season" is starting (once again :rolleyes:)...which means, that I´m somehow always guessing, that she would want a summer wedding and so an engagement in between October and April is quite likely.

I could be wrong of course. But with Mary&Frederik and Mette Marit&Haakon as measure, the Scandinavian temperatures and Victoria´s love for summer, it seems likely. I´d though guess, that it would take place before the ppl would leave the city for their summer houses and vacations or after their comebacks. So in May/June or in August/early September.

And me wouldn´t be me, if me wouldn´t have checked the schedule for "fitting gaps" already *cough*
After Nobel&Pre Xmas is a hot guess
Directly after the Xmas vacation an other
And of course March (esp March 12)

angsthasehw8.gif

Wouldn´t the date etc. depend on when Daniel pops the question though? Or did they train him enough already that he will take the appropriate seasons etc into account ;). I am hoping for a May wedding, though any month would be good, the sooner the better.
Mind you, I am not a great fan of Daniel (yet), but I suppose Victoria is ;)

Wouldn´t the date etc. depend on when Daniel pops the question though? Or did they train him enough already that he will take the appropriate seasons etc into account ;). I am hoping for a May wedding, though any month would be good, the sooner the better.
Mind you, I am not a great fan of Daniel (yet), but I suppose Victoria is ;)

You mean...romantic Daniel popping the question out of a happy (and brave) mood? ;)
Naaa, I guess after 6 years there is some kind of "silent agreement" for all participants and as they had attended more than 13 weddings together, they have surely discussed their preferences.
And then there is always some "variation" with the wedding date involved.
E.g. Maxima and Willem Alexander could have also married in August (as they got engaged in March...what you surely know ;)) and Joachim&Marie have told us, what we had all assumed...the private engagement date and the official one aren´t always close. :rolleyes: Who knows maybe SVT (Swedish state TV) and the administration of the cathedral are already informed.

Me just needs to watch the luuuvely engagement video of Silvia and CG to know, that she could do better. I simply can´t imagine them switching to " public :wub:" over night...but you are right...Victoria must be a fan of him and as I´ve said last year, I´m at a point, where she could also marry her dog Jambo. The main thing would be the wedding ;)

My fear is IF no engagment & nor wedding takes place by the end of 2008 that Daniel wont pop the question :neutral:
Yes, that I´m fearing as well. The longer it takes him, they harder I´m imaging the decision for him. And in the end he could always back out. BUNTE had last week an article on the delay and Countess Monica Bonde (working for Svensk Damtidning) told, that his good reputation would be gone, if he wouldn´t marry her.
But I´m wondering why (??) He could always start a nice life in Gävle (bigger town close to his hometown Ockelbo)...

Last edited:
as I´ve said last year, I´m at a point, where she could also marry her dog Jambo. The main thing would be the wedding ;)

Just imagine the children from such a union Lena :lol: But I am pretty close to that spirit too. Well, I suppose Prince ´Woof´ Laurent would be very happy to attend such a thing.

I would be surprised if they informed the catherdral, television station etc, too much of a chance that things will leak out. And I am sure they will adapt their sheduele to fit in with the courts/ Victoria & Daniels wishes.

The engagement period for the Dutch was a long one indeed, they did a tour to all provinces before the marriage and they wanted Maxima to get some grip of the country before the marriage would actually take place. Is it common for the Swedish ´core´ royals to visit all provinces before/ quickly after the marriage, to introduce the spouse, so to speak (not that Daniel needs a lot of introducing anymore ;)) like i The Netherlands and Belgium.

I certainly hope so. If not in 2008 they will never get married.

Stellad

I really hope they get married in 2008!

I voted for a wedding in 2010. I know, I know, what a pessimist I am! But I just don't feel a wedding anytime soon. I don't have a lot of faith in Daniel. But, maybe we'll have an engagement. I mean they don't have to marry for a year or two...

Hi!

I live in Sweden and I voted for 2009. It´s hard to vote this, I hope it will be next year but I doubt it. Last week in Svensk Damtidning they wrote that when Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel went on a wedding they were not allowed to show them on the same picture. I don´t know what that means. But they wrote that they came in the same car and Daniel had to go first in and then he went first after the wedding cermony to the car. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT THAT MEANS?

Marie

Last week in Svensk Damtidning they wrote that when Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel went on a wedding they were not allowed to show them on the same picture. I don´t know what that means. But they wrote that they came in the same car and Daniel had to go first in and then he went first after the wedding cermony to the car. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT THAT MEANS?
Well they claimed that it was the King who had put a stop to them appearing together in front of photographers until their relationship is official (engaged), but IMO that's a bit strange since we've seen them in pictures together at many weddings both this year and previous years... So to have to all of a sudden sounds strange, but who knows... :confused:

I voted yes and I honestly believe that they will get married next summer. Maybe we will have an engagement announcement already before the Nobel celebrations ... CP Victoria said in an interview, that when she wants to marry, she has to pop the question, not her fiancée.

It's one of those things that are nearly impossible to tell. Although several Danish magazines predicted this summer that the engagement announcement between Marie and Joachim would come in early October, it was based on when the parliament gets together so the Queen can inform the cabinet of her decision as well as the apparent seriousness of their relationship.

Daniel and Victoria have been together longer than Marie and Joachim - but it is difficult to tell. Judging by the interview given by Madeleine, she definitely seems ready to settle down, and haven't also Carl-Philip been together with Emma for a very long time? Can I settle for saying I think we will get a Swedish royal wedding in 2008? Victoria has foiled the Swedish forum here so many times, that I don't dare specify hers... :lol:

I voted yes and I honestly believe that they will get married next summer. Maybe we will have an engagement announcement already before the Nobel celebrations ... CP Victoria said in an interview, that when she wants to marry, she has to pop the question, not her fiancée.
Hm, when did she say that?

Hi!

I live in Sweden and I voted for 2009. It´s hard to vote this, I hope it will be next year but I doubt it. Last week in Svensk Damtidning they wrote that when Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel went on a wedding they were not allowed to show them on the same picture. I don´t know what that means. But they wrote that they came in the same car and Daniel had to go first in and then he went first after the wedding cermony to the car. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON WHAT THAT MEANS?

Marie

Hej Marie :flowers:
It would honestly very much surprise me, if this really happened on the initiative of the king. As Sofia said they often did appear together before (2003!) If the king didn´t like it, he should/would have said something long before. After the horse has left the barn, it's too late to close the door. :rolleyes:
My guess is that they got informed, that SDT had a video camera with them and that they self decided to arrive separately.
Either to reduce the wedding speculations, so that they could go on with their unmarried status for an other year or two...and that not overly pressed and pushed by the media.
Or they wanted to trick us, so that the engagement would come more of a surprise (what it actually wouldn´t so much after 5.5 years of public relationship)
I´m fearing the first theory seems liklier, but I´m of course hoping for the second one ;)
Anyway I´m happy, that the king got blamed, so they would maybe stop those stupid games as they don´t make the king very likeable and open for "ordinary guys out of the folket" seeming...

Last edited:
i voted for 2010 because of how old her mother was when she got married...32-almost 33.

Engagement in 2008, wedding in 2009.
That's what I guess ( and hope for) ;).

I've only seen small or distant pictures of Daniel,does anyone have a good shot of him?

I've only seen small or distant pictures of Daniel,does anyone have a good shot of him?

Before he started dating her
http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74759_d1_122_241lo.jpg

At a wedding together in 2003
http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75319_wed03_122_450lo.jpg

Hugging her in 2004
http://img190.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=th_74747_brit_122_364lo.jpg

Picture that was done for DI (Newspaper on Economy) in 2005
http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74956_di_122_5lo.jpg

Arriving to the king´s private birthday party in 2006
http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74760_d10_122_722lo.jpg

http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75627_dbday_122_927lo.JPG

Attending a church service (this was listed as duty for Victoria) in 2006
http://img140.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=74745_west_122_49lo.JPG

Most recent picture, Daniel (and Victoria) attending a wedding in September 2007
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=74953_geer_122_1108lo.jpg

Hope, I could help
Most pics were posted before and are out of Swedish newspapers

Last edited:
I voted NO. I think everyone wants the CP to be happy,but somehow I just can't see Daniel as a Prince Consort --- boyfriend I guess, I just wish the CP would really meet someone else, that would be an asset to both her as well as her Country.

I voted for after 2010. Even thought I wish CP Victoria would marry, I doubt she will do that any time soon or that she will ever marry Daniel. It would be nice thought...I would love to see her children. They would be cuties! :wub:

If this is what both of them want, then I hope they get married in 2008.

I voted 2009 but I think there will be an engagement in 2008. I hope so. Maybe it is Victoria who doesn't feel ready to get married.

Expressen has now taken over the SOH (Sweden) story about Victoria´s wedding 08 being stopped, because of Joachim´s.
The article(s) are based onto the opinion of Henrik S Järrel, founder of the royalistic network in the parliament

Sorry, how stupid is that????
For us ol´Royal watchers it makes of course no sense at all. I mean, who isn´t remembering the wedding marathon in 2004 with 3 high profile weddings within 2 weeks :rolleyes:
And this is just Joachim´s second wedding, which probably would be much more low key than the first one.
The Danish taxpayers and the Swedish taxpayers don´t pay for 2 Royal families. Two different churches, two different TV stations getting the main rights, two differently interested folks.
It could be only a problem for Royals, who have to attend both (surely not many...I´d bet not many out of the Benelux, British and Spanish Royal house would come to Denmark), but one could surely coordinate things and it had worked in 2004 as well.

Ok, so a stupid tabloid story...and though it annoys me...as I can already picture the court taking it as excuse for "no wedding" in 2008, just as they came up with the excuses of the king´s 60th birthday or the diplomacy course. If they would have wanted to marry, they would have married.
In the article also Victoria´s "Queen School" is mentioned as reason for the delay. She self has told us many times, that she will always learn until she is Queen and I´m not seeing, how one can not learn with a guy on the side.

Victoria måste vänta - Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!

Personally I find it very weird that the court is looking for excuses here, or that they reveal anything about it. IMHO no comment on the matter would be sufficient, or something that this falls in the private sphere of the Crownprincess.

Personally I find it very weird that the court is looking for excuses here, or that they reveal anything about it. IMHO no comment on the matter would be sufficient, or something that this falls in the private sphere of the Crownprincess.

Well, at least they refused to comment the story today. But I guess in the coming 5 months they would be asked again about the matter and would search for an excuse as in the years before...

Hm, a comment that the court doesn´t mingle in the private life of it´s members should be sufficient IMO. No need to come up with (far fetched) explanations. Anyway, let´s hope Victoria will engage asap, that would be a way out too ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom