The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Will Victoria and Daniel marry in 2008?
Yes! 71 35.68%
No, they will marry in 2009 58 29.15%
No, they will marry in 2010 16 8.04%
No, they will marry after 2010 7 3.52%
No, they will never marry 47 23.62%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Talking Wedding 2009?

I doubt Crown Princess Victoria will marry in the winter. So then, who says that Victoria and Daniel will marry in 2009?!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Nobility

I am so impatent for this engagement announcement at least! They seem the obvious choice for the next big royal couple to become engaged, and considering them moving in together, I'm just so impatient for them to make it official!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Gentry

2009 better choice . In 2008 , they will have a wonderful engagement .
I think they will marry in 2009 .
Old 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

Who wants to rush something as attention getting as a royal engagement? Let them take their time and be sure of each other. When they are ready they will get engaged and announce it.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
Who wants to rush something as attention getting as a royal engagement? Let them take their time and be sure of each other. When they are ready they will get engaged and announce it.

Haven't they been together now for something like 7 years? If in 7 years you don't know if you want to marry that person, then I see that as you not knowing what you want and at 31, she should have some clue by now. I'm not saying she should marry him for the sake of it, but I would like to think that she at least has decided whether or not she wants to marry him and they're just waiting for the right time to announce an engagement.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Nobility

I voted for 2009 of course at this point 2008 would be out of the question.Seven years is long enough to know if you want to marry the person you have been with all that time so I suspect they will marry they otherwise i doubt they would still be together given her position.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Earlier in the year I voted for 2008. Now I realised I should have voted for 'never.'

Stellad
Old 07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Nobility

I voted for 2009, if they don't get married next year Iam not sure they ever will. I hope they do.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Haven't they been together now for something like 7 years? If in 7 years you don't know if you want to marry that person, then I see that as you not knowing what you want and at 31, she should have some clue by now. I'm not saying she should marry him for the sake of it, but I would like to think that she at least has decided whether or not she wants to marry him and they're just waiting for the right time to announce an engagement.
Maybe he didnt propose or maybe he isnt ready for marriage and being a prince etc... What wronh with dating for 5+ years and not getting engaged or married. Many people and so do I, cant wait for Victoria to get engaged and walk down the aile but maybe they are happy the way things are going.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe he would be willing to marry her, but is not yet willing to become His Majesty's son-in-law.....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Commoner

daniel is holding back because he wants the king's premission for his daughter's hand and nervous as well
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Aristocracy

You would think the King would want Victoria and Daniel to marry soon,having them live together doesn't look to the public.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe a new poll on the same topic should be opened, but for 2009? Because the results must be somewhat scewed in that the poll was opened last year...

Am interested to see what the results of a new poll would be
Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was looking through some 2005 mags where they were predicting the engagement by the end of that year!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Well, I think they will marry in 2009. The summer of 2008 is almost over and I would be surprised if they had a winter wedding. But now that Daniel's got this apartment at Drottningholm and they have been together so long, I think it will be summer 2009.

Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, polls, wedding