The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Will Victoria and Daniel marry in 2008?
Yes! 71 35.68%
No, they will marry in 2009 58 29.15%
No, they will marry in 2010 16 8.04%
No, they will marry after 2010 7 3.52%
No, they will never marry 47 23.62%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

CP Victoria has chosen her life companion. They will marry when the two of them decide that the time is right. CP Victoria has a unique role and is only a breath away from being our Queen. I congratulate her on her confidence and maturity in choosing Daniel and standing behind him through all the criticism he endured early on in the relationship. There are enough of "suitable" but questionable marriages in the royal circles.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Nobility

This is the quastion not so easy to guess.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Aristocracy

According to the TV-news (Rapport on SVT1) the Foreign Ministry has asked for extra money for 2008 in case of a royal wedding.

A spokesperson from the Foreign Ministry says it doesn't mean there will be a marriage. It just means there might be a marriage.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn View Post
According to the TV-news (Rapport on SVT1) the Foreign Ministry has asked for extra money for 2008 in case of a royal wedding.

A spokesperson from the Foreign Ministry says it doesn't mean there will be a marriage. It just means there might be a marriage.
As it seems there has been a similar document last year (though not as obvious as this year´s)
It seems though strange to me to ask for a budget for a wedding, that could take place in 5 years or so. Is this then the same with funerals
So far the court says there are no plans at the moment. But can they really say, that there are plans? Would Victoria really announce her engagement, the day after it took place (as she had stated several times)?
This news actually leaves me with more questions than answers.
Article in english on the matter:
The Local - Sweden gears up for royal wedding
Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

I read about this possible secret wedding from Estonian newspaper too (review from Expressen) and I must say that if V&D really want to do so I'm very disappointed about Victoria. She is crown princess and future queen althoug she has no legal power - she represent her country and her weddings must be public occasion. Well lets hope that this story isn't true and we can see beautiful royal wedding next summer:)
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
I read about this possible secret wedding from Estonian newspaper too (review from Expressen) and I must say that if V&D really want to do so I'm very disappointed about Victoria. She is crown princess and future queen althoug she has no legal power - she represent her country and her weddings must be public occasion. Well lets hope that this story isn't true and we can see beautiful royal wedding next summer:)
I don't understand your logics.

A private proposal (already done or not, we honestly don't know) doesn't stop a public wedding.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Aristocracy

Oh I misunderstand something - secret engagement really doesn't matter. I just sayd what I've read from that nespaper and there wasn't nothing about such engagement. Sorry!

Victoria & Daniel possible engagement and wedding are so possible/impossible that I think it's better just wait and see
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Is it possible that IF the money has been set aside for a royal wedding that it could be for Prince Carl-Phillipe or Princess Madeleine? Both of them are also in long-term relationships
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Courtier

True crm2317, but I believe it has been said that Victoria will surely marry first. Not that I agree with that, the first born does not IMO have to be the first to marry. Look at the Danish. But seeing that it is King Carl Gustav's daughter that we are talking about, Victoria will more than likely be the first of the three siblings to tie the knot.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Commoner

i believe if a marry is coming vicy do it but we will se maybe it´s a joke we will see what´s happen
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Courtier

If there will be a marriage, I think it is Victoria, or maybe Carl-Philip. He is together with Emma for a very long time and has the right age. I don't think it is Madeleine.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

no it wont be maddy (I Mean ive even bought the ring yet :P ) jk
Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Is it possible that IF the money has been set aside for a royal wedding that it could be for Prince Carl-Phillipe or Princess Madeleine? Both of them are also in long-term relationships
I also think exactly the same as you are.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Courtier

If Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel do not marry next year then I cannot see why Prince Carl Philip and Emma will not be able to marry if that is their wish.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita View Post
If Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel do not marry next year then I cannot see why Prince Carl Philip and Emma will not be able to marry if that is their wish.
Please remember why Prince Bertil wasn't allowed to marry Lilian for so many years, they were allowed to marry in 1976 at a time QS was pregnant with her first child.

If Carl-Phillip and Madeleine marry without the permission they are no longer in the line of succession, and so it is likely that Victoria has to marry first and "procuduce" a heir
Old 10-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Please remember why Prince Bertil wasn't allowed to marry Lilian for so many years, they were allowed to marry in 1976 at a time QS was pregnant with her first child.

If Carl-Phillip and Madeleine marry without the permission they are no longer in the line of succession, and so it is likely that Victoria has to marry first and "procuduce" a heir
But obviously the king would give the permission to all of his 3 children. And high likely the children of all 3 would be in line to the throne (at least if they would marry commoners or nobles with a clean record)
These days as Royal you can marry pretty much everyone, as long he/she isn´t a criminal. That is the base for the judgement of the government and should be the one of the king (who self married a commoner)
Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
But obviously the king would give the permission to all of his 3 children. And high likely the children of all 3 would be in line to the throne (at least if they would marry commoners or nobles with a clean record)
These days as Royal you can marry pretty much everyone, as long he/she isn´t a criminal. That is the base for the judgement of the government and should be the one of the king (who self married a commoner)
That should be the base, it should be..., but unfortunately I can't see the king giving his permission to a marriage between Victoria and Daniel, I think he hesitates amongst other things because Daniel is a SWEDISH commoner.
The Silvia/CG-case was/is quite different. I think he would had a problem getting permission from his grandfather, but as a king he was able to marry every woman, if a commoner, if swedish, german,russian, a noble woman, a pincess, what ever he liked.
And as we all know, Silvia wasn't swedish...

And are you 100% sure that Madeleines and Carl-Philipps children will be in line of succession? I think at least Madeleines children will be plain XYZ Bergström.
None of his sisters children are in line of succession!

I think the swedish king is rather conservativ in that topic...
Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
And are you 100% sure that Madeleines and Carl-Philipps children will be in line of succession? I think at least Madeleines children will be plain XYZ Bergström.

None of his sisters children are in line of succession!
Yes, they will. Regardless of what titles Madeleine's children will or will not have, they will be in the line of succession, as long as they belong to the Swedish Lutheran Church - simply because they are descendants of King Carl Gustav.
Quote:
Art. 1. The right of succession to the throne of Sweden is vested in the male and female descendants of King Carl XVI Gustaf, Crown Prince Johan Baptist Julii, later King Karl XIV Johan’s, issue in direct line of descent. In this connection, older siblings and their descendants have precedence over younger siblings and their descendants.
http://www.riksdagen.se/templates/R_...d____6311.aspx

The children of the King's sisters not being in the line of succession, is, of course, because none of the King's sisters were ever included in it.

Danish newspaper BT had an interesting quote (taken from Aftonbladet) from the King - he was asked how he felt about a future wedding:
Quote:
It would be really great. I think all parents feel that. But it will first be when it is appropriate and when the young ones feel like it. I'm not going to answer which of my children will be first out. You will have to ask them about that.
http://www.bt.dk/article/20071019/royalt/71019046/
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post

Danish newspaper BT had an interesting quote (taken from Aftonbladet) from the King - he was asked how he felt about a future wedding:

Sveriges konge: Smaddergodt med et bryllup - royalt
Yes, this is the statement my comment on the king obviously giving his permission was based on.
It might be, that the idea of a Swedish commoner, gym owner/trainer and country bumpkin as son in law wasn´t overly attractive for the king in the beginning...but I guess in the meanwhile he got used to this idea and (weirdly enough ) I´m agreeing with grevinnan, Daniel seems to be her chosen life companion. So where should be the point of fighting that?

Soon Victoria will have reached the age, the king had, when baby Victoria was produced...so maybe that is (also) a reason for being more open and not
pushing all questions on weddings away (as he did in the past)

So Daniel is now pretty alone in the focus and most are expecting him to act finally (at least, that´s how it comes out in most recent blog entries, columns and articles on the matter)
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

On one hand I think it's great that Victoria has taken her time with Daniel and not rushed into anything; whether you're royal or not, a rushed wedding doesn't always bode well. "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."

That said, how long have they been together now? 6 going on 7 years? IF by now they don't know if they want to spend the rest of their lives together and commit themselves not only to each other but to Sweden.....perhaps now would be a good time to figure that out. Maybe they have already discussed marriage and have agreed together on a time to announce an engagement....maybe they haven't.

A few hits/clues wouldn't hurt.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, polls, wedding