The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Will Victoria and Daniel marry in 2008?
Yes! 71 35.68%
No, they will marry in 2009 58 29.15%
No, they will marry in 2010 16 8.04%
No, they will marry after 2010 7 3.52%
No, they will never marry 47 23.62%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
I've only seen small or distant pictures of Daniel,does anyone have a good shot of him?
Before he started dating her
http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_241lo.jpg

At a wedding together in 2003
http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_450lo.jpg

Hugging her in 2004
http://img190.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_364lo.jpg

Picture that was done for DI (Newspaper on Economy) in 2005
http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php...di_122_5lo.jpg

Arriving to the king´s private birthday party in 2006
http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_722lo.jpg

http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_927lo.JPG

Attending a church service (this was listed as duty for Victoria) in 2006
http://img140.imagevenue.com/view.ph...t_122_49lo.JPG

Most recent picture, Daniel (and Victoria) attending a wedding in September 2007
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?...122_1108lo.jpg

Hope, I could help
Most pics were posted before and are out of Swedish newspapers

Old 10-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Courtier

I voted NO. I think everyone wants the CP to be happy,but somehow I just can't see Daniel as a Prince Consort --- boyfriend I guess, I just wish the CP would really meet someone else, that would be an asset to both her as well as her Country.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

I voted for after 2010. Even thought I wish CP Victoria would marry, I doubt she will do that any time soon or that she will ever marry Daniel. It would be nice thought...I would love to see her children. They would be cuties!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

I HOPE so but I don't think so.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

If this is what both of them want, then I hope they get married in 2008.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

I voted 2009 but I think there will be an engagement in 2008. I hope so. Maybe it is Victoria who doesn't feel ready to get married.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Expressen has now taken over the SOH (Sweden) story about Victoria´s wedding 08 being stopped, because of Joachim´s.
The article(s) are based onto the opinion of Henrik S Järrel, founder of the royalistic network in the parliament

Sorry, how stupid is that????
For us ol´Royal watchers it makes of course no sense at all. I mean, who isn´t remembering the wedding marathon in 2004 with 3 high profile weddings within 2 weeks
And this is just Joachim´s second wedding, which probably would be much more low key than the first one.
The Danish taxpayers and the Swedish taxpayers don´t pay for 2 Royal families. Two different churches, two different TV stations getting the main rights, two differently interested folks.
It could be only a problem for Royals, who have to attend both (surely not many...I´d bet not many out of the Benelux, British and Spanish Royal house would come to Denmark), but one could surely coordinate things and it had worked in 2004 as well.

Ok, so a stupid tabloid story...and though it annoys me...as I can already picture the court taking it as excuse for "no wedding" in 2008, just as they came up with the excuses of the king´s 60th birthday or the diplomacy course. If they would have wanted to marry, they would have married.
In the article also Victoria´s "Queen School" is mentioned as reason for the delay. She self has told us many times, that she will always learn until she is Queen and I´m not seeing, how one can not learn with a guy on the side.

Victoria måste vänta - Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Personally I find it very weird that the court is looking for excuses here, or that they reveal anything about it. IMHO no comment on the matter would be sufficient, or something that this falls in the private sphere of the Crownprincess.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Personally I find it very weird that the court is looking for excuses here, or that they reveal anything about it. IMHO no comment on the matter would be sufficient, or something that this falls in the private sphere of the Crownprincess.

Well, at least they refused to comment the story today. But I guess in the coming 5 months they would be asked again about the matter and would search for an excuse as in the years before...
Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Hm, a comment that the court doesn´t mingle in the private life of it´s members should be sufficient IMO. No need to come up with (far fetched) explanations. Anyway, let´s hope Victoria will engage asap, that would be a way out too .
Old 10-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Engagement in 2008, wedding in 2009.
That's what I guess ( and hope for) .
I agree with you.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Courtier

I would hate for CP Victoria to be "pushed" into any marriage that she was either not ready for, or for some reason not comfortable with. Somehow I think a divorce would be out of the question for her personally, so she must really be sure of her future Prince Consort. Something is holding her back regarding Daniel-----------------always go with your instincts
Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe Daniel is the one holding back.Marrying into a royal family is not an easy thing.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

If I was Princess Victoria and having the high responsability of being Sweden future Queen, possibily I should have choosen another boyfriend. But in matter of love, only the ones who are in love must have the power to choice, and all marriages must be for love reasons. Of course, it will be nicer that we can have a marriage that could integrate love and royalty, but things are never perfect in this world.

On the other hand, princess Victoria is Daniel's girlfriend since some years by now. If she is, she loves him, and if she loves him...why did she could have afraid of marrying him? Why did she should be "pushed"? She is not. When you loves someone you couldn't wait the very moment of marrying him/her. There is a modern theory against matrimony, but I never suscribed to it. Matrimony is the society basis, for family cames from it.

So; I hope that Princess Victoria will marry Daniel as soon as she can. She is a Crownprincess and she has dinastic duties...And evidetly, It should be nice to have a HUGE marriage ceremony among our Royals in 2008! I love Weddings...:w00t2:

Vanesa.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't envision these two marrying anytime soon. Meaning I cannot see them engaged in 2008, 2009, or 2010.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
I don't envision these two marrying anytime soon. Meaning I cannot see them engaged in 2008, 2009, or 2010.
Although I hope you will be wrong here, I have a feeling they won't be getting married anytime soon. I voted that they will get engaged in 2008 but honestly, with Daniel continuing expanding his gyms throughout Sweden, he at the moment seems to have other things besides becoming a potential prince and remaining a businessman.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Well like you said you cannot envision Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling marrying in 2008, 2009 or 2010. I seriously can not imagine them waiting until 2011! So who knows if they will ever marry?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I voted no they will never marry but I wanted to vote I hope not
Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Nobility

I heard they said (at the court) she is foreign now for language studies so I think we can forget an engagement this year.

Lets hope for next year. But I think if nothing will come on march 12 I think we can foreget 2008 as a wedding year too. I can´t imagine the swedish royal court arrange a winter wedding in december if they not consider a wedding in the ice church in kiruna.

I know a few pepole who works in Stockholm Cathedral Parish and they said there is no princess wedding in their plans for next year in storkyrkan unless she has booked in a another name. Wich is possible but I don´t think there is any form of secret contract between SVT, Stockholm Cathedral (storkyrkan) and the Royal Court.
The risk is to big that the whole packet would leak to gossip newspapers like "Svensk Damtidning and Se och Hör".

And it is always the Royal Court Parish and not the Stockholm Cathedral Parish who arrange the royal church weddings.
As for Victorias wedding most of us here in sweden think that they will do as they did in 1976: Rent Stockholm Cathedral for the wedding and invite the Archbishop (who works in Uppsala) to marry them.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I heard they said (at the court) she is foreign now for language studies so I think we can forget an engagement this year.

Lets hope for next year. But I think if nothing will come on march 12 I think we can foreget 2008 as a wedding year too. I can´t imagine the swedish royal court arrange a winter wedding in december if they not consider a wedding in the ice church in kiruna.

I know a few pepole who works in Stockholm Cathedral Parish and they said there is no princess wedding in their plans for next year in storkyrkan unless she has booked in a another name. Wich is possible but I don´t think there is any form of secret contract between SVT, Stockholm Cathedral (storkyrkan) and the Royal Court.
The risk is to big that the whole packet would leak to gossip newspapers like "Svensk Damtidning and Se och Hör".

That with the foreign language studies seems more like a vacation with girlfriends. IMO it was quite stupid of the court to say, she is for language studies abroad. "She is abroad" would have done it
Här är Victoria på hemlig tjejsemester - Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!
Daniel was this weekend in Liechtenstein to watch the Soccer Match (Sweden won 3:0)
They have done such separated vacations before.

Thanks for the information with the cathedral. Well, that with the full planned wedding is indeed not overly likely. But I could very well imagine, that a Saturday would be booked...under a wrong name or of a couple close to the court or Royal family. I can´t imagine it any other way...as kicking an other couple out would be quite cruel.
If this "trick" would be done in 2008 or 2009...2010...or 2011 () is the question though...

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, polls, wedding