Which dukedom will inherit the first child of Victoria and Daniel?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
What do you think? Which dukedom will inherit the little future monarch of Sweden?

My guess is the Dukedom of Dalarna!

The last former Duke of Dalarna is still living so I doubt it will be Dalarna. I think it will be fun if the baby gets Dukedom of Östergötland.

I hope for Östergötland, and it would follow in the tradition as the son of the late ducal couple of Västergötland became duke of Östergötland (Carl and Ingeborg of Västergötland -> Carl of Östergötland).

Then there are a number of landskap (countries) of Sweden that have never had a duke, such as Bohuslän, Dalsland, Härjedalen, Lappland, Norrbotten, Medelpad, Blekinge, Ångermanland.

Which dukedom did King Carl XVI Gustaf have before he succeeded to the throne?

It will most certainly not be my county, Södermanland, beacuse then the prince/princess would be first in line to take over Stenhammar estate from the king and that spot is reserved for Carl-Philip, that´s why he has studied agricultural for some years.

I think it may be Östergötland but it´s really hard to tell how they may be thinking, maybe they want to give a county that has never had a duke before.

He is still the Duke of Jämtland.

Do Swedish dukedoms not merge with the crown when the duke succeeds to the throne, and thus become open to be granted to a new prince or prncess?

Do Swedish dukedoms not merge with the crown when the duke succeeds to the throne, and thus become open to be granted to a new prince or prncess?
As there are 25 provinces in Sweden, Provinces of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and the Swedish royal family have always been quite small so I don't think there have been a need to merge a dukedom with the crown to make that dukedom available to a new prince or princess, especially as the dukedoms have never been meant to be inherited by the children of a duke. Each newborn prince, and now princess's too since 1980, are given their own dukedom at birth. The most royal dukes there have been in Sweden was between 1916 (birth of prince Carl Johan) and 1918 (death of prince Erik) was 12 including the king, Gustav V.

I think he or she will be given a "classic" royal dukedom like Skåne or Östergötland. Or maybe Västerbotten to honour the parents of King Carl Gustaf. And swedish titular royal dukedoms does not merge with the crown. Even if the current duke is stripped of his title the dukedom is considered extant. So as long as Count Carl Johan Bernadotte is alive there will be no new duke/duchess of Dalarna. As long as Princess Lilian is alive there will be no new duke/duchess of Halland. And as long as the king is alive there will be no new duke of Jämtland.

Last edited:
I correct my guess. My new guess is the Duke/Duchess of Småland, as Victorias favourite childbookauthor Astrid Lindgren was born there, and it might be a nice hommage to her.

It could be Gotland, esp since ETW (Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg) has hinted in intervjues that the little princess may have been made when the crownprincesscouple was on visit/vacation there last year:whistling:

Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Duchess of Ostergotland. I believe the last Duke of Ostergotland was Prince Carl Bernadotte?

Esmerelda said:
Princess Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Duchess of Ostergotland. I believe the last Duke of Ostergotland was Prince Carl Bernadotte?

Yes Prince Carl Bernadotte and his grandfather King Oacar II were the last dukes of Östergötland.

The last former Duke of Dalarna is still living so I doubt it will be Dalarna. I think it will be fun if the baby gets Dukedom of Östergötland.
Yay! Got it right! :D

The Duchy of Ostergotland cheers
Google Translate

Excerpt:
It's really funny, I was so happy. It feels like a gift, a wonderful gift to us. The rumors said it would be Örebro and we thought we'd get a warning if it was us, so we had no idea at all. We will celebrate with cake, says governor Elis Beth Nilsson.

Will she get a castle?

- A castle has been difficult for me to promise with something we'll have to come up with. Someone nice christening course it will be understood, something nice from the county. For example, we find glass manufacturers here, says Elisabeth Nilsson.

I think it may be Östergötland but it´s really hard to tell how they may be thinking, maybe they want to give a county that has never had a duke before.
Whoohoo i was right with my first guess :D

As the Princess' dukedom has been announced, this thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom