Victoria's Future Title?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what i understand she will no longer be a duchess when she becomes queen
i think thats to bad

Of course she will not be Queen Victoria II of Sweden. There has been no Queen Victoria I.

Crown Princess Victoria is a highly respected and popular royal, so I have no doubt in her ascending the throne when the current King dies, hopefully he will live a long and healty life so that it won't be for many many years to come. There really is no option for her. She is so aware of her role, and has been fostered into an Heir, and the Swedish people are expecting great things from her.

And as Felicia said, she will simply be Queen Victoria of Sweden. There hasn't been a first Queen Victoria I, the previous one was merely Queen Consort of Sweden.

HM Queen Victoria of Sweden

yes, she would be styled like that.. no other Victoria had reigned in Sweden..I think Victoria will rule.. no doubt about that. the RF is very popular right now..

Queen Victoria I of Sweden. So much pressure. I know she's mature and intelligent enough to handle it (though hopefully she won't ascend the throne for a while yet), but there's no way it won't be really difficult for her. I hope she has a loyal man at her side when she does become queen (like QEII had in Prince Philip)--whether it's Daniel W, or not!

GrandDuchess said:
And as Felicia said, she will simply be Queen Victoria of Sweden. There hasn't been a first Queen Victoria I, the previous one was merely Queen Consort of Sweden.
I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the info!

CP Victoria said in an interview that she doesn't like to think about the day when she becomes the Queen as that will mean her beloved dad is no longer around. Let's hope she will remain the Crown Princess for a long time.

I think Victoria will make a great Queen of Sweden and she seems to be very popular to the Swedish people right now. Just look at her birthday thread and see how many people came out to celebrate her!

How do the Swedish people view Daniel? Do they approve of him being their Prince Consort or would they prefer somebody else?

soCal girl said:
How do the Swedish people view Daniel? Do they approve of him being their Prince Consort or would they prefer somebody else?

I've always wondered this. I got the impression that her parents didn't approve of him but how about the rest of Sweden?

Does anyone know?

Josefine said:
But Victoria will be the first to be queen even though she has a brother...?

Queen Maria II. of Portugal had a brother. Her father Pedro was King of Portugal as Pedro IV and Emperor of Brazil as Pedro I. He abdicated in favour of his daughter in 1826. His oldest son succeeded his father as Emperor Pedro II. of Brazil.

It is her own choice if she will be known as Queen Victoria or Queen Victoria I.
It is the same title with or without the I. Personally I hope for Queen Victoria I but a good idea would be if she will be known as Queen Victoria II to honour her great great grandmother but I dont think it will happen.

Wich motto she will take is an open question and of course it will not be known before her accession. Most likely she will take a new one but a good idea would also be to continue with her fathers motto.

Last edited:
Hans-Rickard said:
It is her own choice if she will be known as Queen Victoria or Queen Victoria I.
It is the same title with or without the I. Personally I hope for Queen Victoria I but a good idea would be if she will be known as Queen Victoria II to honour her great great grandmother but I dont think it will happen.

I don't think she would be Queen Victoria II, as her great-great grandmother Victoria of Baden was just a consort, and I don't believe you count numerals on consorts. I mean, there's been quite a few Queen Annes and Queen Marys in England, but the next person who had that name didn't put a number after their own.

Hans-Rickard said:
Wich motto she will take is an open question and of course it will not be known before her accession. Most likely she will take a new one but a good idea would also be to continue with her fathers motto.
I think that she will take an new motto but it´s really hard to think what it might be. It can´t be to nationalisitic or refering to god - then she would be critiziced. It should be something along the lines of the present motto. Anyone got any thoughts of a good motto?

No Victoria is not going the first queen to be queen in her own right but she will the first queen in her own right to have a brother and still be queen.The law was changed in 1979 but not take affect until 1980.I know that Victoria will be a good queen to her people and to Sweden.

Victoria will be a good queen. I hope she will be soon marry Daniel and that their first child will be a girl. Leonor, Elizabeth, Ingrid Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia and the fifth queen in Europe. I would be so happy!!!

Nouvelle said:
Victoria will be a good queen. I hope she will be soon marry Daniel and that their first child will be a girl. Leonor, Elizabeth, Ingrid Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia and the fifth queen in Europe. I would be so happy!!!
Queens of the 21st century:cool:

yes, I cant believe that so many queens are going to be women, I am excited about that and think its great.

Nouvelle said:

No it is time for a boy now!

Think about Prince Christian, he can´t be the only reigning King in Europe.
It will be to many beautiful women for him ;)
The boys must be two :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe she will have Three Sons Carl , Johann,Daniel. wonder ow big her Enthronement will be?

Well, I hope Victoria does marry Daniel one day, but most importantly, I hope they're happy. Technically, the crown princess would be Queen Victoria I. Her ancestor, Victoria of Baden, was Queen Consort; Crown Princess Victoria will be Queen Regant in her own right, like Queen Elizabeth II is today.

I think she'd just be Queen Victoria. After all, there may never be a second regnant Queen Victoria. (Queen Victoria of England didn't call herself Victoria I, right, and neither did the first Elizabeth.) :flowers:

And what if she for example saywhen here time come: People as a Queen I wan be know as for example Queen Smilla of Sweden or Smilla Queen of Sweden?

Are there any laws in Sweden about name of the regnant king/queen? I mean can he/she choose regnal name?

Last edited:
I think she will be Queen of SWEDEN, and even if Queen Victoria should have been her ancestor, she must be know under the name of Victoria I.

Just my tought.

Vanesa.

I know that she will be The first Victoria and therefore will not have any number after her name, I just mixed it up and didn´t think about that you ofcourse don´t count consort queens. We sorted this out back in 2003 when i started this thread...

I would have thought she would be Queen Victoria I, as Sisi has pointed out there have been lots of first regents who have had a I after there name.

Those are only I's because of former ones. Until the current British Queen took over, Elizabeth I was called just Elizabeth.

Monarch's perogative

It is CP Victoria's choice on how she will be known once she ascends. I actually posted a question about this months ago in either a general discussion or King Juan Carlos I thread. The Spanish King chose to be called Juan Carlos I.

In royal history other monarchs have selected the same regnal distinction, but many of them did so because they ruled over two realms and had either two names or a previous ruler had the same in the other realm. For example (thru Wikipedia): " James VI & I (19 June 1566 – 27 March 1625) was King of Scots as James VI from 1567 to 1625, and King of England and Ireland as James I from 1603 to 1625".

In my post on the other thread, I addressed the fact that she (CP Victoria) may to choose to use "HM Queen Victoria I" for two reasons to eliminate confusion:

1. As there is a previous consort with the same title and name, a regnal number would make it very clear that this is the first queen regnant of Sweden to be named Victoria and not her great-great-grandmother Queen Viktoria, Princess of Baden.

2. CP Victoria also has another Queen Victoria as an ancestor, HM Queen Victoria of Great Britain. As this Queen Victoria was a ruling queen in her own right AND because she is such a historical icon with the period of time of her reign known as The Victorian Era, to avoid confusion with her ancestress, the Swedish CP could choose to use a regnal number to avoid that confusion as well.

:lol::lol::lol: OR, she could completely flake out like Phoebe on "Friends" and choose to be known as "Princess Consuela Bananahammock"!

Back
Top Bottom