The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Nobility

It is her own choice if she will be known as Queen Victoria or Queen Victoria I.
It is the same title with or without the I. Personally I hope for Queen Victoria I but a good idea would be if she will be known as Queen Victoria II to honour her great great grandmother but I dont think it will happen.

Wich motto she will take is an open question and of course it will not be known before her accession. Most likely she will take a new one but a good idea would also be to continue with her fathers motto.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard
It is her own choice if she will be known as Queen Victoria or Queen Victoria I.
It is the same title with or without the I. Personally I hope for Queen Victoria I but a good idea would be if she will be known as Queen Victoria II to honour her great great grandmother but I dont think it will happen.

I don't think she would be Queen Victoria II, as her great-great grandmother Victoria of Baden was just a consort, and I don't believe you count numerals on consorts. I mean, there's been quite a few Queen Annes and Queen Marys in England, but the next person who had that name didn't put a number after their own.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard
Wich motto she will take is an open question and of course it will not be known before her accession. Most likely she will take a new one but a good idea would also be to continue with her fathers motto.
I think that she will take an new motto but it´s really hard to think what it might be. It can´t be to nationalisitic or refering to god - then she would be critiziced. It should be something along the lines of the present motto. Anyone got any thoughts of a good motto?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Courtier

No Victoria is not going the first queen to be queen in her own right but she will the first queen in her own right to have a brother and still be queen.The law was changed in 1979 but not take affect until 1980.I know that Victoria will be a good queen to her people and to Sweden.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Gentry

Victoria will be a good queen. I hope she will be soon marry Daniel and that their first child will be a girl. Leonor, Elizabeth, Ingrid Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia and the fifth queen in Europe. I would be so happy!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle
Victoria will be a good queen. I hope she will be soon marry Daniel and that their first child will be a girl. Leonor, Elizabeth, Ingrid Alexandra, Catharina-Amalia and the fifth queen in Europe. I would be so happy!!!
Queens of the 21st century
Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Queens of the 21st century
It would be wonderful!!! It's time for women!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

yes, I cant believe that so many queens are going to be women, I am excited about that and think its great.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle
No it is time for a boy now!

Think about Prince Christian, he can´t be the only reigning King in Europe.
It will be to many beautiful women for him
The boys must be two
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe she will have Three Sons Carl , Johann,Daniel. wonder ow big her Enthronement will be?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Nobility

Well, I hope Victoria does marry Daniel one day, but most importantly, I hope they're happy. Technically, the crown princess would be Queen Victoria I. Her ancestor, Victoria of Baden, was Queen Consort; Crown Princess Victoria will be Queen Regant in her own right, like Queen Elizabeth II is today.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate View Post
yes, I cant believe that so many queens are going to be women.
yeah i agree that´s unusual...

Sorry i couln´t help myself
Old 04-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think she'd just be Queen Victoria. After all, there may never be a second regnant Queen Victoria. (Queen Victoria of England didn't call herself Victoria I, right, and neither did the first Elizabeth.)
Old 04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

And what if she for example saywhen here time come: People as a Queen I wan be know as for example Queen Smilla of Sweden or Smilla Queen of Sweden?

Are there any laws in Sweden about name of the regnant king/queen? I mean can he/she choose regnal name?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think she will be Queen of SWEDEN, and even if Queen Victoria should have been her ancestor, she must be know under the name of Victoria I.

Just my tought.

Vanesa.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Courtier

I know that she will be The first Victoria and therefore will not have any number after her name, I just mixed it up and didn´t think about that you ofcourse don´t count consort queens. We sorted this out back in 2003 when i started this thread...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
---she will not be called Queen Victoria I becouse she is the first and then one don´t need to give her a number.
Do they get the number I after there has been a regent by the same name? Because there are a lot of number ones in history, for example Alexander I, Elizabeth I and Napoleon I.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would have thought she would be Queen Victoria I, as Sisi has pointed out there have been lots of first regents who have had a I after there name.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Commoner

Those are only I's because of former ones. Until the current British Queen took over, Elizabeth I was called just Elizabeth.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Monarch's perogative

It is CP Victoria's choice on how she will be known once she ascends. I actually posted a question about this months ago in either a general discussion or King Juan Carlos I thread. The Spanish King chose to be called Juan Carlos I.

In royal history other monarchs have selected the same regnal distinction, but many of them did so because they ruled over two realms and had either two names or a previous ruler had the same in the other realm. For example (thru Wikipedia): " James VI & I (19 June 1566 – 27 March 1625) was King of Scots as James VI from 1567 to 1625, and King of England and Ireland as James I from 1603 to 1625".

In my post on the other thread, I addressed the fact that she (CP Victoria) may to choose to use "HM Queen Victoria I" for two reasons to eliminate confusion:

1. As there is a previous consort with the same title and name, a regnal number would make it very clear that this is the first queen regnant of Sweden to be named Victoria and not her great-great-grandmother Queen Viktoria, Princess of Baden.

2. CP Victoria also has another Queen Victoria as an ancestor, HM Queen Victoria of Great Britain. As this Queen Victoria was a ruling queen in her own right AND because she is such a historical icon with the period of time of her reign known as The Victorian Era, to avoid confusion with her ancestress, the Swedish CP could choose to use a regnal number to avoid that confusion as well.

OR, she could completely flake out like Phoebe on "Friends" and choose to be known as "Princess Consuela Bananahammock"!

Tags
styles and titles, titles