The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Majesty

But Victoria will be the first to be queen even though she has a brother...?

Old 12-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Yes, the swedish constitution got changed, and it didn't matter if the next kid (C-P) was a boy. It wasn't so great for him, as he'd been a crown prince for almost a year at that point.

Old 12-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Dec 27th, 2003 - 9:07 pm
Yes, the swedish constitution got changed, and it didn't matter if the next kid (C-P) was a boy. It wasn't so great for him, as he'd been a crown prince for almost a year at that point.
who did you replay to?
Old 12-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"It wasn't so great for him, as he'd been a crown prince for almost a year at that point"

Yes, you can imagine the excitement on his face when he was told.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Oops, sorry Josefine, I misread your post, and attempted in my own odd fashion to explain the succession thing (I didn't do it very well anyway). Very sorry about that!

Dennism, it may not have made an impact on him then, but later he may have had some resentment that he was essentially downgraded for his sister. Then again, he may be extremely happy he doesn't have to be king. And likely won't, as I don't see Victoria saying, "I don't want this".
Old 12-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
You're right, Fireweaver and I imagine that is at the heart of the King's disapproval of the whole situation. At the beginning he figured that Carl Philip would probably resent his sister being the future regent but now he has no excuse because Victoria is blooming into the role quite nicely. Carl Philip is probably thrilled to be without all of the responsibilties and everything that would be waiting for him.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Majesty

wonder what kind of mottos she will have

mottoes of the kings and Queens in sweden
Old 09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Majesty

when Victoria becomes queen can she change things at court
as introducibg court dresses for the royal ladies again
Old 09-26-2005, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
when Victoria becomes queen can she change things at court
as introducibg court dresses for the royal ladies again
She can change as much as she wants too. When Carl Gustaf became monarch, he changed a lot, and he has continued to modernise the Royal Court through the years.

There are already Court Robes/Dresses. If you're thinking of the old ones, they will hardly return as it was a part of the modernisation. Of course they can always introduce a new version, but the grandness of the old times will never (unfortunately) return.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Majesty

but i think the "new" court dresses looke to much 80's i love the old once
Old 07-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Majesty

what i understand she will no longer be a duchess when she becomes queen
i think thats to bad
Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

Of course she will not be Queen Victoria II of Sweden. There has been no Queen Victoria I.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria is a highly respected and popular royal, so I have no doubt in her ascending the throne when the current King dies, hopefully he will live a long and healty life so that it won't be for many many years to come. There really is no option for her. She is so aware of her role, and has been fostered into an Heir, and the Swedish people are expecting great things from her.

And as Felicia said, she will simply be Queen Victoria of Sweden. There hasn't been a first Queen Victoria I, the previous one was merely Queen Consort of Sweden.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Courtier

HM Queen Victoria of Sweden

yes, she would be styled like that.. no other Victoria had reigned in Sweden..I think Victoria will rule.. no doubt about that. the RF is very popular right now..
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Queen Victoria I of Sweden. So much pressure. I know she's mature and intelligent enough to handle it (though hopefully she won't ascend the throne for a while yet), but there's no way it won't be really difficult for her. I hope she has a loyal man at her side when she does become queen (like QEII had in Prince Philip)--whether it's Daniel W, or not!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And as Felicia said, she will simply be Queen Victoria of Sweden. There hasn't been a first Queen Victoria I, the previous one was merely Queen Consort of Sweden.
I never thought of it that way. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

CP Victoria said in an interview that she doesn't like to think about the day when she becomes the Queen as that will mean her beloved dad is no longer around. Let's hope she will remain the Crown Princess for a long time.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

I think Victoria will make a great Queen of Sweden and she seems to be very popular to the Swedish people right now. Just look at her birthday thread and see how many people came out to celebrate her!

How do the Swedish people view Daniel? Do they approve of him being their Prince Consort or would they prefer somebody else?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
How do the Swedish people view Daniel? Do they approve of him being their Prince Consort or would they prefer somebody else?
I've always wondered this. I got the impression that her parents didn't approve of him but how about the rest of Sweden?

Does anyone know?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
But Victoria will be the first to be queen even though she has a brother...?
Queen Maria II. of Portugal had a brother. Her father Pedro was King of Portugal as Pedro IV and Emperor of Brazil as Pedro I. He abdicated in favour of his daughter in 1826. His oldest son succeeded his father as Emperor Pedro II. of Brazil.

Royal Travel and Events

Tags
styles and titles, titles