Victoria will choose the Throne over Love

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Se&Hör anything new to tell, we don´t already know? Obviously it (their staff) wants to tell us, why Victoria would sacrify her love (for the throne). Have they any reason found, that we didn´t know?

Attachments

• 2693.jpg
    2693.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 158
Lena said:
Has Se&Hör anything new to tell, we don´t already know? Obviously it (their staff) wants to tell us, why Victoria would sacrify her love (for the throne). Have they any reason found, that we didn´t know?
No not really. Its just that Victoria said earlier this month (when she was in Turkey) that she would sacrifice her love for the throne if her man for some reason wasn´t accepted by the people.

I think she said something like "plikten går före allt" / the duty comes first

I think the throne would be the most responsible choice and Victoria seems very responsible. :)

I voted for the throne and I think Victoria makes the right choice if she'll choose the throne, as she spoke about in the last interw.

I would definately pick the throne. Also, something that comes to mind for me is the fact that Daniel & Victoria have been dating a while, obviously he knows that she is Crown Princess, which leads me to believe that he has accepted the fact that if he marries her, he will also be in the spotlight. If things were too tough for him he could have broken it off. Also, in regards to him being unacceptable -- The King and Queen have had plenty of time to tell Victoria that they don't think that Daniel is the right person for her, and by her comments about picking the throne, I don't think that she would have a problem telling Daniel it was over if her parents were strong on their convictions.

Yennie said:
No not really. Its just that Victoria said earlier this month (when she was in Turkey) that she would sacrifice her love for the throne if her man for some reason wasn´t accepted by the people.

I think she said something like "plikten går före allt" / the duty comes first

Thank you, Yennie. Why do I always believe, that they have great breaking news *bangingtheheadagainstthewall* ;)

mixer2002de said:
Seems as the throne wins :) Thats good!

Hm, aren´t you an anti-monarchist (aka republican)? Or has your vote for the throne an other reason (not being too fond of Daniel...agreeing that a guy simply couldn´t do it, when her parents or the government wouldn´t approve ...teasing your good old in-the-heat-melting buddy Lena ;) ? )

Bringing back an old thread.

Methinks that she has changed her mind on this- otherwise Daniel would have been history by now.

I think she had this earlier let know this !!
than prince Philip can go for the trone !!!!!!

Bringing back an old thread.

Methinks that she has changed her mind on this- otherwise Daniel would have been history by now.

Thanks for bringing back this thread! I don't think Victoria has changed her mind about choosing the throne over love - she seems to me too responsible, too conscious of her duty to ever abandon her duty to Sweden. Maybe the longevity of their relationship simply means that Victoria does not believe she will need to choose between Daniel and the throne - maybe she believes, when the time comes, Sweden will accept Daniel.

about 5 years ago the subject were on the throne or for love

she got both

in a interview she were asked abour important daniel were for her. inplied would she leave the throne for him she just said he is very important.
but nothing on if she would leave thr throne for him...

But what is the politically correct answer to that question? I really don't know!

:previous:

I think that it would be: you don't have to choose!
Now Victoria got both.

I hope she will be very happy. Sometimes when I see them together even now, she seems to be the one who is over the moon in love. I trust his reservation is just his public facade and that he loves her equally.

Those of you who have been following them for years, you do have a good feeling about them? She and Sweden deserve the best.

I hope she will be very happy. Sometimes when I see them together even now, she seems to be the one who is over the moon in love. I trust his reservation is just his public facade and that he loves her equally.

I think about that too. She seems so in love, always kissing his hand etc, but he is reserved. I've never seen him display a loving touch or anything towards Victoria. I too just hope he really loves her cause I can't stand fakes. It could be that he's just shy or just isn't into PDA. I guess only time will tell everyones true colors.

Those of you who have been following them for years, you do have a good feeling about them? She and Sweden deserve the best.

I do. He stayed with her despite the King's reservations of his lack of nobility and when the public thought he wasn't "up to her standard". I don't blame him for being reserved! Crown Princess Mary was exactly the same while betrothed to Crown Prince Frederick. It wasn't until after her marriage AND the public started to warm up to her she was more affectionate to the Crown Prince.

I recall the Crown Princess stating she serves Sweden, a role she takes upon with all seriousness. Her comments comes to mind a quote from the movie Ever After "You are born to priviledge and with that comes specific obligations". The question isn't if Victoria would have chosen the Crown over love, I don't think Daniel would have ever put her in that situation! Anyone can tell she is devouted to Sweden and to her role.

If you look at videos and photos you may see that he is a very touching person. He often puts his hand on her back or takes her hand in his. Victoria is unusually demonstrative for being a Swede. Daniel is more like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom