Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WaterAid Sverige at their website about their patron crown princess Victoria.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria _ WaterAid

Dagens Industri Di has a large interview of Daniel inspiring young people to start own enterprise.
Växjö / Stockholm. Prince Daniel has earned several million with his gym company in recent years, but he does not miss the time as an active entrepreneur, he says in a major interview with Dagens Industri.
Along with his group of prominent entrepreneurs, the prince has visited seventy-six schools across the country for the last five years to praise entrepreneurship. Di followed them to Växjö.
(you have to pay to read the rest of the interview).
Prins Daniel inspirerar unga att starta eget

Daniel on the cover
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbzmDYNXcAEujB7.jpg:large

The article at the paper issue
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db2LHzpX0AIbMHU.jpg:large

Daniel with reporter Henrik Huldschiner
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiGt9yRlRSm/?tagged=prinsdaniel
Huldschiner tells at his Instagram, that he asked Daniel questions: What do you say to those who claim that it is possible to buy a place in the royal luster? You have collected several million SEK in share dividends from your gym companies in recent years. Is it nice to earn your own money and not have to dip into on the royal apanage? Aren't you a little jealous of your brother-in-law Chris O'Neill, who gave up the prince title and continued to do business?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiHkYdol-6I/?taken-by=huldschiner

Expressen Dina pengar writes about the interview, parts of it.
Prince Daniel: Not jealous of Chris
Prince Daniel has converted millions into those companies where he is a passive partner - but he doesn't miss the years as an active entrepreneur.
He tells that in an interview in Di, where he also says he is not jealous of his brother-in-law Chris O'Neill, who gave up the prince title and continued to do business.
- No I am not. But everybody should do what feels right for him, he told the newspaper.
Prince Daniel has since been married to Crown Princess Victoria, engaged in matters relating to entrepreneurship. As part of it, he travels around Sweden and lectures for students about the conditions of entrepreneurship.
Dagens Industri heard in Växjö the prince and other entrepreneurs share their own experiences, in order to encourage others to start business.
Prince Daniel as Daniel Westling, drove several gyms before marrying Crown Princess Victoria.
With his marriage, he left the operative part of the business and board positions, and became a passive partner.
Prince Daniel tells why he became an entrepreneur.
- I wanted more than just being employed. I wanted to create a gym that was just the way I wanted it, where we could help our customers the best way. And I wanted to take the responsibility myself and not have someone else lean against big decisions, or blame if something went wrong.
As he stepped off from the active role of his companies, he left responsibility to his friends and co-founders. Nevertheless, he has a good insight into the companies.
- These are two of my absolute best friends who run Master Training so it's clear they tell you how it goes. But I'm a "sleeping partner" and I'm very careful in having a big distance to the business, says Prince Daniel.
Prins Daniel_ Inte avundsjuk på Chris O'Neill _ Dina pengar

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Victoria was allegedly sexually assaulted in 2006.
According to 3 unnamed witnesses in & around the Swedish Academy, Crown Princess Victoria is one of the alleged victims of Jean-Claude Arnault, who is suspected of having sexually abused & assaulted several women. The accusations last year against Arnault, who is married to Academy member Katarina Frostensson, set in motion events that has so far led to the resignation of six of the academy's members, massive public protests & forced the king to change the statues of the academy. Witnesses claim to have seen Arnault grab the behind of Victoria during an Academy event in 2006 leading to the Court taking action and later require the Academy to not include Arnault in the same events as Victoria. The King himself is said to have witnessed the alleged incident.
Although Arnault has been an important cultural figure in Sweden for many years he has never received any official recognition from the Court.
Crown Princess Victoria and the rest of the Royal family have been vocal supporters of the Metoo movement. The Court has chosen not to make any comments. https://www.svd.se/crown-princess-of-sweden-sexually-harassed

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the king was supporting Katarina Frostensson and criticizing the members' resignations; why would he do so if he had personally witnessed her husband assaulting his own daughter?

I was under the impression that the king was supporting Katarina Frostensson and criticizing the members' resignations; why would he do so if he had personally witnessed her husband assaulting his own daughter?
I'd say that the King recognise the importance of the Academy and will do all he can to save and reform the institution.
Regarding Katarina Frostensson, although she seems to have swam in muddy waters herself she hasn't abused anyone and shouldn't be put to blame for her husband's alleged crimed

From SVT:
Literature professor Ebba Witt-Brattström was there and confirms that it happened to SVT News. She describes how several people, including the king and her then husband Horace Engdahl (the permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy), saw what happened.
- It was so unpleasant, but her (Crown Princess) aide-de-camp intervened and shoved off his hand, said Ebba Witt-Brattström to SVT News.
Uppgifter_ Kulturprofilen ofredade kronprinsessan Victoria _ SVT Nyheter

Ebba Witt-Brattström told about this already in November 2017 at an interview by finnish Hufvudstadsbladet.
Svenska Akademien indragen i sexskandal

The Marshal of the Realm, Svante Lindqvist, wrote in December to Dagens Nyheter DN, telling that he had not contributed to that Jean-Claude Arnault had got The Order of the Polar Star in 2015.
Lindqvist tells that there are two ways to get a royal medal.
One way is to write to the Royal Court to the Marshal of the Realm and propose someone a royal medal.
Which Per Wästberg (a member of the Swedish Academy) did in a letter to Svante Lindqvist in 2013 at the Academy's stationery. But Lindqvist put the letter to the actions without action; he was convinced after following what he had heard about Kulturprofilen (Arnault) that he was not worthy of a King's Medal.
The second way is to go through the government, which can suggest that a foreign citizen will be awarded the Swedish Order of the Polar Star.
That way was successful by Per Wästberg a year later, since Minister Alice Bah Kuhnke delivered The Order of the Polar Star to Jean-Claude Arnault in 2015.
Hovet_ Vi bidrog inte till att Kulturprofilen fick medalj - DN.SE

I think that the king had told what Arnault did to Victoria to the Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist and said to Lindqvist that he will never give any medal to Jean-Claude Arnault.

Disgusting. CG probably comes from a Men's Men culture where people think it's ok to put your hand on any women's backside.

So, what was the request from the Academy members to stay on? Did they want Katarina removed or some public recognition that what her husband did was not right?

The other issue that she apparently kept sharing the winner's name with her husband after he leaked it, is on her, I wouod say.

This is something as remarkable as eye-witness accounts of Victoria being groped!

https://www.svt.se/kultur/uppgifter-till-svd-kulturprofilen-ofredade-kronprinsessan-victoria

https://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/E...l-fra-nobelskandale-befamlede-kronprinsessen/

The story briefly: For some months now the former head of the Swedish Academy, Jean-Claude Arnault, has been under investigation for having sexually harassed a large number of people within the cultural elite of Sweden, or their wives and daughters.
That has been going for years, without anyone intervening, despite this being general knowledge. The reason is apparently that Jean-Claude Arnault had so much influence, that he could basically make or break a career within culture and arts. Apart from that the Swedish Academy decides who win the Nobel-Price in literature.
(- And IMO because of a sense of elitism, and cultural snobbery. Something like this does not and cannot happen in such an esteemed assembly as the Swedish Academy, therefore we will all agree on closing our eyes.)

Anyway, the skeletons are falling out of the cupboards and everyone and their au pairs are now denouncing Jean-Claude Arnault and accusing him of anything including the Reichstag-fire in 33 and the bad weather...
With very good reason it seems, here was a man who obviously thought he could continue to get away with everything.

But back to Victoria.
In 2006 Jean-Claude Arnault was seen by several witnesses groping Victoria on her behind. To the extent that her adjutant intervened and removed the hand.
That, according to three anonymous eye-witnesses happened in the presence of the King and many others who were present.
That has been confirmed by professor of literature Ebba Witt-Bratström, who was also present.
Two independent sources say that the court instructed the secretary of the Swedish Academy, Horace Engdahl, to ensure that Jean-Claude Arnault was not to be alone with Victoria in the future.

The court has declined to comment and the layer representing Jean-Claude Arnault is refusing these accusations.

---------------

I think the accusations must be considered very plausible due to the number of different sources.
I must assume Jean-Claude Arnault was, or was presumed to be intoxicated. And that the court decided to close the lid on that story. Because normally you resign after such a stunt!
But this is Sweden were the cultural elite consider themselves above the royal family. Way above!
So my guess is that when Jean-Claude Arnault did not resign, or least apologized profoundly then the court instructed the secretary to take steps to prevent him from being near Victoria again.

Well, long live hypocrisy. Because had it been the King, who had groped a member of the Swedish Academy back in 2006 they would have called for him to abdicate on the top of their voices... But now it was one of their own, so nothing happened until the lid fell off recently.
I don't know who I find most contemptible. Jean-Claude Arnault, or those who closed their eyes for his outrageous behavior for so many years, men and women.

Last edited:
Disgusting. CG probably comes from a Men's Men culture where people think it's ok to put your hand on any women's backside.

My thoughts exactly.
CG has always hated the fact that Victoria ended up being his heir, he wanted CP to be it since he was the male in the family, I talked to my husband about this, he told me that if anyone had done that to any of our daughters and he was in a position of power, he would have done everything he could to remove that harasser as quick as possible from the highest circles :ermm:

I bet Daniel wants to curb stomp this guy. He, the alleged groper, is probably in the fight of his life because one of his victims is Sweden's future head of state.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden 'groped' at centre of sex scandal | Daily Mail Online

As can be expected the news has been picked up by Daily Mail.

:previous:
Yes, in most monarchies someone groping the crown princess would consider himself lucky if he only had to resign!
But Sweden is strange in that way. On one hand you can very quickly end up be denounced publicly by everybody if you say of do the wrong thing.
But if you are a part of the so called "opinion-elite" they seem to close ranks and close their eyes. - It is, and I'm getting slightly political here, an unfortunate trait in the Swedish society, an almost unbelievable tendency to flatly refuse to see what is obvious. - In this case an out of control serial sexual harasser, who was allowed to continue for more than ten years after this episode. - Despite doing it openly and in front of eye witnesses and despite groping just about the worst person possible to choose! Yet, no one used this opportunity to take a stand, no one attempted to rein him in. It's unfathomable!
In most countries he would have been crucified!

I'll try an imagine what would happen to a man in a similar position who groped Mary openly.
First and foremost Frederik and QMII would go totally ballistic! And I mean ballistic on a monumental scale! He could kiss his career goodbye and if he hadn't resigned within 24 hours, he would be "resigned" very soon! And if his colleagues were reluctant to do it, the DRF have enough influential friends to ensure the total ruin of his career. And they would. I cannot imagine certainly Frederik, nor QMII, to be the least bit forgiving.
And anyone who is or hope to be on just reasonable good footing with the DRF would distance themselves from him on the spot.
And if it went public, which I'm certain it would, he would be the most despised man in Denmark the next day, and police protection is something that would be very seriously considered. - Especially if it emerged that he was in the habit of groping everything and everybody within reach!
He might just as well book a flight for Timbuktu, because he would have no future in Denmark.

So why didn't that happen in Sweden?
Well, if you ask me it was because King Carl Gustav is a wuss. And the members of the esteemed Swedish Academy even more so.

Last edited:
I bet Daniel wants to curb stomp this guy. He, the alleged groper, is probably in the fight of his life because one of his victims is Sweden's future head of state.

The incident took place when Victoria was 27, thus a long time ago.Daniel and Victoria were already dating at that time though, were they not ?

So why didn't that happen in Sweden?
Well, if you ask me it was because King Carl Gustav is a wuss. And the members of the esteemed Swedish Academy even more so.

Post-1975, Sweden actually became the closest to a "republican monarchy" in practice. The Royal Family is simply the family of the hereditary Head of State, who is powerless BTW. I don't think the King is in a position to interfere in internal affairs of the Swedish Academy.

Last edited:
Post-1975, Sweden actually became the closest to a "republican monarchy" in practice. The Royal Family is simply the family of the hereditary Head of State, who is powerless BTW. I don't think the King is in a position to interfere in internal affairs of the Swedish Academy.

Directly, no.

In principle the members of the Swedish Academy sit there for life, in reality they can "be resigned" of course.

So had the King dared take a stand, and had the other members not insisted on keeping their eyes closed, this would have ended in 2006.
There several ways I can imagine the King could have blacklisted Arnault.
The Swedish "opinion elite" have almost a monopoly on the press coverage, and even more so back in 2006, but defending a serial-groper?!?
Keep in mind that people in art and literature circles, were genuinely concerned about having Arnault near their wives and daughters!
That would not have been a winning-case to the public.

But, like I said before there is a remarkable tendency among the Swedish elite to bury their heads in the sand.
Perhaps the King was genuinely concerned that the rest of the Swedish elite would later gang up against the SRF, if he had taken a stand against one of them back then.
After all, while the ordinary Swede is predominantly in favor of the monarchy, the majority of the Swedish elite is not! And was even less back then.

Last edited:
From author, program leader, entrepreneur Paolo Roberto's interview:
I read in your Instagram post about the Crown Princess that you have been invited to Haga Palace?
- Yes, we were a smaller company of maybe eight people who were there at a lunch about a year ago. I can almost envy the Crown Princess couple for such meetings and the intellectual capital gathered around the table. However, I did not perhaps contribute primarily to the latter, but was there as an entrepreneur and because, like the Crown Princess couple, I'm interested in training.
Did you give Victoria and Daniel some training tips?
- No. We talked more about the debate in society and about what it's like to be an entrepreneur today. But if they would like to have advice, I would of course give them. I'm a royalist and think that the royal house is doing a terrific job.
Paolo Roberto är inte längre singel - _Mår rätt bra_ _ Nöje

Swedish Susanne Cederlund's painting of Victoria is now at the exhibition in Culturen in Västerås, together with paintings of swimmer Sarah Sjöström and singer Zara Larsson.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh68wsFhAi7/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria

Susanne Cederlund about Victoria (the painting is on sale for 4500 SEK:
Crown Princess Victoria is in my eyes a charismatic woman with a lovely, heartfelt radiance & she is a good face for Sweden outwards.
https://www.konst.se/konstverk/65738

:previous: I can't say I think it looks much like Victoria, but that's just me.

Thanks for posting that, LadyFinn, I had not seen it before, and it is certainly the inspiration.

Herman Lindqvist, author and historian and Svensk Damtidning's royal columnist (and Victoria's private teacher in history for three years) tells at his latest column about when he said that Estelle's name sounded like a nightclub queen.

"The truth about Estelle, Victoria - and me"
Everything broke off Friday, February 24, 2012 in a house outside of Paris.
I was on high on a self-constructed staffold in a high stairway to access a window four meters above the floor. I was alone at home. Then the phone rang. It was Aftonbladet wondering what I thought about the name Estelle on our new heir to the throne.
Now I will admit one thing. I have many errors and flaws, but my biggest mistake is maybe I'm very spontaneous and at the same time very fast. Sometimes that combination can be clean bomb, and it's always me who gets bombed.
So it was now. I felt rapidly that this was not a suitable name for a future Swedish regent. I even managed to get out of my mind that maybe the name might fit better for a nightclub queen.
Marinated as I am in Sweden's history with names like Ulrika, Birgitta, Christina, Margareta. It was the story I had taught Victoria in for several years. This I expressed while trying to get down to the floor without falling. The phone line was broken.
Aftonbladet did the best they could from this clear opinion. All other media followed, including radio and television.
I wrote a letter to the Crown Princess and explained what had happened and apologized for the hoo-ha. Victoria is a person with warmth and humor. She understood. No hard feelings. We have met many times since then. I have been invited to give lectures every year in the royal palaces. I have received handwritten messages from the Crown Princess. We have continued as before. But the newspapers call on a regular basis with the hope that I will deliver new headlines.
I'm not quite as spontaneous and fast nowadays. You may not survive very many bombs.
Now you know what happened.
Herman Lindqvist_ _Sanningen om Estelle, Victoria – och mig_ _ Svensk Damtidning

A couple of good photos of Victoria and Daniel at the wedding yesterday, Svensk Damtidning about the wedding:

Marriage with 200 guests - and a wedding dinner that lasted until late night. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were honorary guests when good friend Joen Bonnier, 41, yesterday said yes to his British fiancé Jessica Crawley in Hedvig Eleonora church at Östermalmstorg in Stockholm. Victoria and Daniel were not actually the only royals. Also Prince Manuel of Bavaria and his wife, Princess Anna attended at the wedding.
Almost all friends of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were in place and Fredrik af Klercker was the wedding marshal and welcomed the 200 invited. They were mostly from Sweden and Britain, and in the church there were both Swedish and British flags. The bride Jessica is English, and the couple met in London, a wedding guest told. To the wedding, which was scheduled to start at 17:00, the bride arrived a quarter late. The Crown Princess smiled warmly from her place in line 6 when she finally made entrance.
The wedding dinner was given at the Bonnier villa Nedre Manilla in Djurgården - in the largest party tent one has seen! The atmosphere was high and the music and the laugh echoed over the water until late at the night.
Exklusiva bilder! Victoria och Daniel på societetsbröllop _ Svensk Damtidning

It seems that at the first photo Victoria and Daniel are talking with Joen Bonnier's parents.

More photos
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/victoria-i-blommig-outfit-fran-erdem/
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/...niel-brollop-patrik-c-osterberg-685x360-c.jpg

Victoria and Daniel are today at a wedding. A very festive wedding, as they have their Orders. The bride looks lovely, and Victoria looks wonderful.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BirrWiHlwhK/?tagged=crownprincessvictoria

Great illustration of Victoria.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bit02cng4VQ/?taken-by=ritajamgochian

A delightful story. ?

Thanks, LadyFinn :flowers:

Victoria is again this year on magazine Mama's list of most powerful mothers in Sweden. Mama has this year listed 20 most powerful mothers, in no particular order. Last year they listed 33 mothers.
Vi har utsett Sveriges mäktigaste mamas 2018
Här är listan på Sveriges mäktigaste mammor 2018 - Bonnier Magazines & Brands

The swedish gossip press writes about "the new family happiness" of Victoria and Daniel. Mostly the articles tell about that Victoria has looked more radiant and happy lately than for a long time, and about Daniel's interview ICA Buffé Magazine, where he told also how they get their everyday life going and spoke about Generation Pep and children's health.
The articles also write Victoria and Daniel move regularly and that at Haga Palace there is a fully equipped gym with all-purpose exercise machines. The neighbors in the area see also often Victoria and Daniel jogging together with SÄPO-guards right behind.
Even during the walks, Daniel runs with little Oscar in the stroller.
- We usually wave to him and Daniel laughs and always waves back, says one of those who have met the jogging prince.
Prince Daniel thinks it is great to be a father.
- Unbelievably great. That means everything!
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Daniel om nya familjelyckan med Victoria _ Stoppa Pressarna

On 21st May
The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences appointed HRH Crown Princess Victoria as the Academy's first honorary member.
Ny förste hedersledamot och styresman

King Carl Gustaf is the patron of the Academy.

In 2014 Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, being patrons of the Umeå Cultural Capital of Europe, received a guided tour of the sculpture park and during this visit the idea of ​​arranging a corresponding sculpture exhibition in Stockholm was raised. Together with the royal court and on the initiative of Prince Daniel, it was decided that Galleri Andersson/Sandström in collaboration with the Royal Djurgården administration would conduct a separate exhibition with Tony Cragg in the summer of 2016. The exhibition became a public and medial success and in its five months of existence was seen by several million people.
Due to the successful exhibition, Galleri Andersson/Sandström signed a 3-year agreement with the Royal Djurgården Administration to arrange sculpture exhibitions at Djurgården during the summers.
In 2018 Djurgården will provide the setting for works by spanish artist Jaume Plensa. The exhibition will be inaugurated by Prince Daniel in early June and will last until September. Six sculptures will be installed, one of which will be placed on a submerged concrete plinth in the water (Djurgårdskanalen), two below Rosendal Castle and the remaining three along the waterfront, close to the Technical Museum.
Jaume Plensa Djurgården _ Galleri Andersson_Sandström

Jaume Plensa, one of the world's most significant artists, will be exhibiting in Stockholm this summer. More than 30 tons of sculpture will be shipped from Plensa's studio in Barcelona to Djurgården. The exhibition, launched on June 9, is shown for four months and will be seen by millions of people.
It is Gallery Andersson / Sandström, which from the initiative of H.R.H. Prince Daniel, in collaboration with the Royal Djurgården's administration for the third consecutive year, organizes a sculpture exhibition at Djurgården and the summer's presentation is the most comprehensive so far.
In addition to three 7 meter high cast iron portraits, for the first time a sculpture will be installed in Djurgårdsbrunns Canal. On the north side of the canal, below the Ethnographic Museum, will be placed Plensa's work The Heart of Rivers, seven seated bronze figures, all embracing each living cherry tree.
Se Jaume Plensas konst på Djurgården - Royal Djurgarden

Stoppa pressarna tells that Victoria and Daniel had dinner on Monday evening at restaurant Sturehof with their friends Karl-Johan and Leonie Persson.
The couple arrived at 20.00 and got one of the round tables to the left in the room.
- Victoria laughed and was in a lovely giggly mood, says one of the other guests who also noted that she and Daniel were in a very loving mood.
- They were really romantic and cuddled like people who have newly fallen in love. It was nice to see them together.
For the dinner, the company was served asparagus, oysters and bleak roe. And when it was time for the main course, they enjoyed fried turbot for two from Skagerack, beurre blanc, lightly sliced ​​spinach and sour onion for the price of SEK 790 SEK and a fried char from Skagerack for SEK 350.
- They had a great evening together, tells our information provider.
In the glasses was Riesling and the red prestige wine Black Stallion. The dessert consisted of coffee and sorbet.
The pair were not alone, according to the eyewitnesses in place, their Säpo guards sat a few tables away.
Sturehof belongs to the favorite restaurants of Stockholm and Monday night was no exception. Actor and opera singer Loa Falkman, 70, had dinner on the outdoor seating and inside the restaurant was also Swedish Hollywood star Joel Kinnaman, 38.
Victoria, Daniel and their friends left at 23.00. Prince Daniel was polite and exchanged a few words with the guards outside before heading for the waiting car.
- Crown Princess Victoria prefers to go out on a quiet workday night. Then there are less people outside and they can be more comfortable than during the weekends. Then many want to take selfies and come and greet, says one of their friends.
No photos from Monday night at the article.
Victorias hemliga dubbeldejt på Stureplan _ Stoppa Pressarna

Belga Image and Dana Press Photo have now galleries with a lot of unseen photos of Victoria and Daniel at the wedding of Joen Bonnier und Jessica Crawley on 12th May.
Belga Image
ROYAL: 12.05 - Victoria und Daniel zu Gast bei der Hochzeit von Joen Jacob Bonnier und Jessica Crawley in Stockholm

Daniel with Madeleine's ex Jonas Bergström and his wife Stephanie
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020011S15272512481015556

Oscar and Emma Magnuson were also there
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020021S15272512481015556

A lot of royal family's friends were at the wedding
Louise Gottlieb and Gustav Thott, who have their wedding on 2nd June
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020031S15272512481015556
Jacob and Louise Cronstedt
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020041S15272512481015556
Cristina Stenbeck and her husband Alexander Fitzgibbons
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010050011Q15272513941973650
Katarina and Robert von Horn
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020051S15272512481015556
Ellen Dinkelspiel
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020061S15272512481015556
Marcus Wallenberg and his wife Fanny Sachs (mother of Ellen Dinkelspiel)
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020071S15272512481015556

Svensk Damtidning's article about Victoria and Daniel at the wedding of Joen Bonnier und Jessica Crawley on 12th May.

A couple of good photos of Victoria and Daniel at the wedding yesterday, Svensk Damtidning about the wedding:

Marriage with 200 guests - and a wedding dinner that lasted until late night. Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel were honorary guests when good friend Joen Bonnier, 41, yesterday said yes to his British fiancé Jessica Crawley in Hedvig Eleonora church at Östermalmstorg in Stockholm. Victoria and Daniel were not actually the only royals. Also Prince Manuel of Bavaria and his wife, Princess Anna attended at the wedding.
Almost all friends of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were in place and Fredrik af Klercker was the wedding marshal and welcomed the 200 invited. They were mostly from Sweden and Britain, and in the church there were both Swedish and British flags. The bride Jessica is English, and the couple met in London, a wedding guest told. To the wedding, which was scheduled to start at 17:00, the bride arrived a quarter late. The Crown Princess smiled warmly from her place in line 6 when she finally made entrance.
The wedding dinner was given at the Bonnier villa Nedre Manilla in Djurgården - in the largest party tent one has seen! The atmosphere was high and the music and the laugh echoed over the water until late at the night.
Exklusiva bilder! Victoria och Daniel på societetsbröllop _ Svensk Damtidning

It seems that at the first photo Victoria and Daniel are talking with Joen Bonnier's parents.

More photos
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/victoria-i-blommig-outfit-fran-erdem/
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/...niel-brollop-patrik-c-osterberg-685x360-c.jpg

A white tie wedding including orders seems rather unusual outside of royal circles...

A white tie wedding including orders seems rather unusual outside of royal circles...
The Bonnier family isn't just anybody. One of the most powerful families in Sweden. I'm sure many of the guests had medals and orders to wear.

Radio P4 Gävleborg has interviewed Teresa Grundin, who did Victoria's make up to the christening

Teresa made the crown princess's make up to the christening - "She remembers what my children are called"
Make-up artist Teresa Grundin has Sweden's most prestigious mission in her industry. She is almost the court make up artist to Crown Princess Victoria.
Yesterday was the christening of princess Adrienne. And one who was in the scenes before the christening was make-up artist Teresa Grundin from Söderhamn.
- We were at Haga Palace and saw a couple of hours before they had to go on to the church.
How does this job differ from others?
- It is the most honourable one can get as a make-up artist in Sweden.
Teresa Grundin has made the make up for Crown Princess Victoria about fifteen times for different occasions.
The preparations were made at Haga Palace where the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel live with their children.
- The whole family was there, Estelle hanged out with us the most. I did also her hair. But then she got sick and could not participate in the christening.
Teresa Grundin has no problem talking about her meetings with the Crown Princess because she only has the best to say about her.
- She is a wonderful person, easy to talk with, very nice and caring. She remembers what my children are called. We can talk about what we talked about when we last met. She is genuinely interested in people. So super nice and very fun to work with her. It is easy for me to do my work, she is beautiful.
How did you think about her make up?
- It was purple and green in her dress, so I thought I would not take those to my make up, it would have gotten too much. I used brownish tones and focused on her eyes, and neutral lips so that she didn't have to think about them with eating and drinking. I get a photo of what she will wear a day before, so I can think about the make up. It has always gone well and she was very satisfied. It took 45 minutes-an hour.
Do you address her in some special way?
- I address her always The crown princess (kronprinsessan). She is very relaxed and I try to be relaxed too. I don't have anything against addressing her so.
Teresa sminkade kronprinsessan till dopet – _Hon minns vad mina barn heter_ - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio

45-60 minutes just for make-up? Poor royals. I would hope the hair would be included in that time...

45-60 minutes just for make-up? Poor royals. I would hope the hair would be included in that time...
I think there's a clue regarding Victoria's ever present ponytail here. She doesn't have the time, or doesn't want to waste over an hour everyday to get everything done so she pulls her hair back herself.
I think it was Hillary Clinton who said that she wore a ponytail because it was quick, easy and she could do it herself.

Victoria has been chosen as Årets Ölänning (The Öland Inhabitant of the Year).

This year there will be a double celebration on Öland for Crown Princess Victoria.
On 14th July the 40th anniversary of Victoriadagen is celebrated. But already on 5th July, the Crown Princess is celebrated properly.
Öland's own crown princess has been named as the Öland Inhabintant of the Year. And she has accepted to receive the award.
Crown Princess Victoria has become almost synonymous with Öland and is a bit like Öland's own Crown Princess. Of course, that depends largely on Victoriadagen, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, where the Crown Princess each year after turned two years has come Solliden to receive the congratulations of the people.
It's a day when the public has the chance to get close and sometimes even shake hands with Sweden's future regent. But the Crown Princess also has another band to Öland: this is where her family has a summer residence, and this is where she has built a summer house.
Just a month ago, many islanders met and talked to the new Öland Inhabitant of the Year. She hiked 15 kilometers to southern Öland and had company not only by security people and press, but above all by school students, common people and local experts in the province.
During the hike the Crown Princess spoke to teenagers about national tests, elections to high school and school closures. She talked with younger students about getting up early and upcoming disco in the evening. She talked to farmers about cultivation, water shortage and animal keeping. She talked to people who stood in their gardens praising both the flower arrangements and the beautiful weather while trying to attract more to the hike.
Then she knew that it was just her who would be the Öland Inhabintant of the Year.
- We knew we had to be out on time with the question, because we would like to take into consideration the planning of the Royal Family, said the chairman of the jury, Anders Enström, chief editor of Barometern.
The jury's motivation just highlights the crown princess's presence and luminosity and her earthly commitment to the province.
Prior to the publication of the prize, Victoria has given a short written statement:
- I'm honored and happy to receive this award. Öland is a special place for me and my family. Feels nice to showcase Öland with all the richness and special features that are characteristic to the island.
The delivery of the prize The Öland Inhabintant of the Year, a collaboration between Barometern newspaper and Sweden's Radio, is traditionally performed at Solliden on July 5th. Then the Crown Princess will receive a diploma, glasspiece and flowers by her own father, King Carl XVI Gustaf, who himself received the prize in 1996.
It is an official event for which the public is invited. So that means another opportunity for anyone who wants to meet the Crown Princess.
Kronprinsessan blir Årets Ölänning - Barometern

"Throughout her life in words and actions, the prize winner of the year has expressed her love for Öland, a place where she feels at home. Her earthly commitment to the province and people contributes strongly to the island's development and attractiveness. With her presence and vigor, she creates interest and attention for Öland, both nationally and internationally. Her birthday, July 14, has been for a long time celebrated as Öland's own national day."
Kronprinsessan är Årets Ölänning _ SVT Nyheter

This brings more press to the event than there usually is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom