The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel on the cover of Dagens Nyheter Saturday Magazine
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBX8DTdXcAA4FpA.jpg:large

About Daniel's interview in Dagens Nyheter
That's a lot you must be able to do as a royal. Speeches should preferably be performed without the support of notes, names of people and their titles must be in the memory and large topics such as environmental issues and problems in society must be studied to carry out their jobs and help Sweden further.
And in order to succeed, Prince Daniel has his own trick that he tells about in the interview.
- When I have to learn something, I usually go for a walk. I take the paper which I have to read with me.
Prins Daniel berättar om sitt hemliga knep _ Svensk Damtidning

GEN-PEP about the interview at their social media:
- We want that all children in Sweden are able to move for sixty minutes a day. If we can get it, we would change public health enormously.
https://www.facebook.com/generationp...type=3&theater

Old 06-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Dagens Nyheter has now opened Daniel's interview published last Friday, to be able to read for everyone for free.
Here is some parts of it:
Prince Daniel tells about hos he and Victoria launched GEN-PEP. Both he and his wife, Crown Princess Victoria, have noticed the differences during their travels in the country.
- It's a paradox. We belong to those who exercise most in Europe, and to those who are most sedentary. We have good conditions, we are getting more and more aware. Those who already have it tough financially and socially, they are those who always suffer from disease and even then have it most hardest. You can feel that it is so unfair.
The research confirms the health gaps. Prince Daniel has taken the impression of Scapis (Swedish cardiopulmonary bioimage study). It is a unique study in which all six university hospitals collaborate to study the presence of cardiovascular disease and lung diseases with studies of 30,000 people.
GEN-PEP's latest initiative is a book by Josefine Sundström and Emma Göthner with Bonnier Carlsen. "Fiffiga kroppen och finurliga knoppen" is about how Saga tries to embroider an S and is sent out to play. After an adventurous moment in the fresh air, the task goes a lot better. Readers will also learn about the body and the brain, and some tips on fun everyday games. The book will be given to 4-5 year olds in Stockholm.
- I've read it for Estelle and she loves it. Just reading for your children is so incredibly important. This time I personally value so high, when you are close and you talk about everything possible. I see this as a little inspiration and education. How easy it is to take the kids out. This spontaneous plays which are so important. It's about adding positive habits. It permeates our thinking. We know it's so hard to take away the bad habits.
When a successful gym owner marries a crown princess, he had to say farewell to his life as an entrepreneur. It took nine years from the first meeting to the wedding, so he had time to think.
- I feel I've found right, he says.
His life has taken the most special of turns. However, his interest in sport and health forms a straight line from growth to today.
- You don't choose the career I did if you don't have passion to change people's health. I have devoted all my adult life to it. As a teenager, I also trained and wrote training programs to others and tried to inspire friends and my surroundings to live healthy. I knew early that I would work with people and sports and health.
Even during his kidney illness, he tried to keep himself physically fit, albeit at a low level. He sees it as an example of how people adapt to the conditions. He takes gladly this opportunity to encourage others with positive experiences from the transplant.
- If I am at hospital and samples are taken, I usually ask the doctor if they can plan so that I can meet some families and children to go through this. Then I can be a good example of how it can go. It has almost given me more gratitude and humility to life than my own situation. Because it went quite sharply anyway.
I think that the former gym owner Daniel Westling entered to the new prince role with entrepreneur's eyes. He doesn't protest against that description.
- That's how it is. Absolutely. I have the ability to want and dare to do things and test. I wouldn't feel good if I didn't try to make the most of my possibilities. Then we'll see. Come back in 30 years and see if I've done anything. I have never thought "What should I do?" We make lots of exciting things, with our travels and meetings with people. We try to draw attention to important issues. There is so much to do. It is important to prioritize and do things that make a difference. It is one of the strengths of our form of government that we have the ability to give joy and draw attention. But then you have to like it. It's very easy if you think it's fun. You have to think it's fun to come out here at school and meet teachers and students.
Has that role always felt comfortable?
- I have been an executive at work in various contexts, and got my staff to enjoy and create energy and meet people. Just like my dad. We are very similar, he and I. He is also social and thinks it's fun with people and to create energy.
Olle Westling worked as a Social Manager. He has never given interviews about his relationship with the royal family. But after a few hours at Bällstabergsskolan, I think that with his work with vulnerable people he has been an important source of inspiration for a future prince.
A prince who has grown up in the country - what perspective it brings to the royal family?
- Maybe the king or queen should answer to that. They are Stockholmers who have been the most in rural areas, traveled around. I think they understand as well as I how it is in rural areas. At the same time, it is clear that I am very pleased that my wife has her background, and I have mine, and they are very different. I think we give our children very good things through it. I have worked with children with special needs, I have worked with senior citizens, I have run my own business. It has enriched me very much. And those are experiences that I have a lot of joy in the role I have now.
In December, the Crown Princess couple released a film where they and the children wished a Merry Christmas from a sizzling sausage grill in Tyresta National Park.
- We would like to inspire. We have incredible environments close to us, even we who live in big cities. We like to be out in nature and want our children to have the same opportunities we have had to feel safe in that environment, says the prince.
Prins Daniel om sina sju år i kungafamiljen - DN.SE
Translation

Old 06-05-2017, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

A chronicle in Dagens Nyheter after they published his interview.
Prince Daniel - Sweden's response to Michelle Obama
Eat your vegetables, Michelle Obama lectured with a wide smile when she launched her Let's Move campaign in 2010 to reduce the overweight of American children.
In Sweden, her counterpart is Prince Daniel and the organization Generation Pep.
Much separates them, of course, but both entered into their new roles, well aware that they had an unbeatable platform - and tied hands.
When Paul Hansen photographs the students at Bällstabergsskolan they play the ball game King with their guest from the court. The children divide: did the prince bounce the ball in the box or outside?...¨
... It has been almost exactly seven years since gym owner Daniel Westling from Ockelbo married Crown Princess Victoria. Sweden's first husband has landed in his role and started playing King. "Come back after 30 years and see if I've accomplished anything", he says.
Prins Daniel – Sveriges svar på Michelle Obama - DN.SE
Translation
Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond, often also called Victoriafonden (Crown Princess Victoria's Fund), celebrates this year its 20th anniversary.
Since the beginning in 1997, SEK 119 million has been collected for the benefit of children and young people with disabilities and / or chronic illness. As usual, this will be noted in connection with the Crown Princess's birthday on July 14th at the concert shown at SVT.
To further pay attention to the anniversary, a new logo has been developed for Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond.
Kronprinsessan Victorias fond firar 20 år _ Radiohjälpen 901950-6
https://www.radiohjalpen.se/sites/de...uni%2017_0.jpg

Some photos of Victoria's visits to activities
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...a_elhockey.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...g_Victoria.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...88darsjuka.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...juka_crop2.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...a_intervju.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-conte...ia_fotboll.jpg
Old 06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and the children visited Artipelag during the weekend.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAGynCF...rtipelagmuseum

The name ‘Artipelag’ is a combination of Art, Activities and Archipelago. The intention has been to create a destination of high international quality – with boundary-crossing art exhibits, inspiring activities and great food.
https://artipelag.se/en/about-artipelag/
There is now the summer exhibition of Edmund de Waal and Giorgio Morandi.
Exhibitions - Artipelag

At Daniel's interview in Artlover magazine it was told that Bo Nilsson, the Director of Artipelag Art Hall, is one of the persons who has guided Daniel in his interest in art.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Susanne Sjöstedt writes at her chronicle in Allehanda about Daniel's interview in Dagens Nyheter a week ago.
Susanne Sjöstedt (S): Prince Daniel has understood it with inequality
"If I'm a single mother with three children, working in health care, then I'm not wondering if I'm going to go out and jog with my children. I have to have time to make clothes clean and the food ready" (that's what Daniel said in his interview).
In a big interview in Dagens Nyheter Prince Daniel, in the midst of the rojalistic nonsense that always have to be in interviews with members of the royal family, demonstrates that he has understood the crux the health challenge in Sweden faces: it is not enough to know what is required for a better health.
Three out of four girls and more than half of all boys move less than the recommended 60 pulse-increasing minutes per day. The statistics at The Swedish Research Council for Sport Science research presented in May.
Mom or dad drives the children to school instead of bicycling, the computer tempts more than organized sports in free time and the weekends are spent sedentary. And the passivity just gets worse the older the children will be. Hardly one in seven girls in high school moves enough.
School gymnastics can be a partial solution, but as both Aila Ibanez Mengüc and Prince Daniel emphasize in their interviews, it is not a matter of course if the children who need it most really get it.
But even here the prince is on the right track when he talks about "joy of motion" instead of sports lessons tailored to the kids who practice football, hockey or basketball in their spare time. These don't need school sports adapted to their level, however those, for whom school sports is the only real training they receive in the week - and who don't get the physical activity naturally, need it.
It's not about "holding back" talented students; it's about getting eyes open to such fundamental inequality which, frankly said, means that the poor die prematurely. Not because they don't understand better or are incapable of taking their own responsibility, but because they are already in adolescence stuck in conditions where they don't have the power to change.
- We have good conditions, we are getting more and more aware. Those who already have it tough financially and socially, they are those who always suffer from diseases and also have the greatest difficulty, says the prince in his DN interview.
Does the pollette turn down easier for some people when it's a prince pointing out the society's inequality? Hopefully.
Susanne Sjöstedt (S)_ Prins Daniel har fattat det där med ojämlikhet
Old 06-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and the children were today seen at Haga Park.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVM0uZ-jrbo/?taken-at=16604
Old 06-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria, Daniel and the children were today seen at Haga Park.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVM0uZ-jrbo/?taken-at=16604
Great find. It looks like the got visitors from Belgium. The man walking next to Estelle totally looks like King Philippe.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Victoria's and Daniel's wedding anniversary on Monday. The magazine quotes Victoria's words at her interview for TV4. It also writes that their friendship turned soon to a deep love. They both wanted to have children and joked that they could give their future child name Benny, after Daniel's gym colleague Benny Johansson. But it became little Estelle and then also little Oscar. Their dream about "being more than the two of them" became true.
Damtidning writes also that to the question if Daniel has succeeded in what he promised on their wedding day - to do everything he could to keep Victoria as happy as on that day - the answer is surely: yes, yes, yes!
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Victoria is mentioned at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs video from last year "Sweden and the United Nations. Pushing for peace.".
Folke Bernadotte is mentioned too. Sweden joined in the United Nations in 1946 and the video celebrates its 70 years in the UN.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Great find. It looks like the got visitors from Belgium. The man walking next to Estelle totally looks like King Philippe.
It must be him, with his daughter. It's great that they can visit (almost) without getting recognized
Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 AM
Nobility

Happy 7th wedding anniversary to Victoria and Daniel!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Graphic art from swedish artist Emanuel
"The Wedding Boat"
Emanuelskonst - Bröllopsbåten

Södermalms Konsthall (Art Hall) congratulates Victoria and Daniel in Instagram with that too and promotes Emanuel's other art at their gallery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVgsDaQA...sessanvictoria
Old 06-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria is again this year on magazine Mama's list of 33 most powerful mothers in Sweden. Mama has listed 33 most powerful mothers, in no particular order.

Heir to the Throne: HRH Crown Princess Victoria, 39
HRH Crown Princess Victoria, 39, may not have any formal political power, but the impact of everything she does and says is hard to measure. We look at her clothes (willingly Swedish designers or why not mom Silvia's clothes from the 70s?), engage us in the growth of princess Estelle, 5, and Prince Oscar, 1, and hang with her environmental commitment. A more easily loved monarch can be hard to find.
Vi har utsett Sveriges 33 mäktigaste mamas 2017! – mama.nu
Old 07-01-2017, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Karin Lennmor, the former editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, starts today as Expressen's royal commentator. She writes at her first chronicle about Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister (whom she and the other representatives of the media called Armour-Alice) and Victoria.

Thank you our wonderful ordinary Victoria!
I think of Crown Princess Victoria and how her relationship with the Swedish people and the media has deepened over the years.
Once in the 90's, the comedian and stand-up artist Anna-Lena Brundin said about the Crown Princess: "Thanks Victoria, because you are so abnormally normal."
Victoria was barely 20 years old, and had just frankly told she was suffering from eating disorders. It was the start of some kind of love relationship between her and the Swedish people, because she dared to be so open.
Today, about 20 years later and close to her 40th birthday, the popularity of the Crown Princess is, to say the least, enormous. In the Demoskop survey published by Expressen in late April, Victoria is the bright winner, both in terms of popularity and trust, when the Swedish people chose their favorite in the royal house.
And of course, the secret is obvious - she is so abnormally normal.
Being a royal is about a balance between being majestic and popular. Here good advisors can do wonders. It's a conscious construction, a royal is never alone.
In Victoria's case she obviously gets plus points for:
She dares to cry, show feelings and cohabitation when Sweden is hit by terror.
She has an enviable ability to see people in her vicinity - a trait she inherited from her mother.
She and her family sneak into Stockholm's largest sports chain to shop for ski equipment for the children when Twixmas sale!
She dresses in H & M clothes ....
She goes to Pressbyrån in Borgholm and buys Piggelin (ice glass) and sweets.
She is now an equally valuable brand for Sweden as Ikea or Volvo.
She laughs on her own expense in almost every public context.
It is of course the crown princess's casual way and feet-on-ground mentality that gave her her popularity. But we must not forget that she also had huge help of today's Armour-Alices: above all her husband, a handful of close friends and Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who has been her mentor. People who helped her to become and be a crown princess.
Hopefully, it will be a long time before we see her as Sweden's regent.
I remember Victoria's answer when she at one point was asked how she felt that one day she would become queen. She answered:
- Sad. Because that means that my dad is dead.
Thank you Victoria for being like us, because you replied as we would all do.
Thank you for being so abnormally normal!
Tack vår underbart vanliga Victoria! _ Karin Lennmor _ Expressen
Old 07-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Instagram. Victoria and Daniel met swedish singer Zara Larsson at Haga Palace on Monday, she visited there with her mother.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWGNXWLl...y=zarapictures
https://twitter.com/lilmixus/status/882143589303799808

Aftonbladet tells that Zara Larsson's mother Agnetha put the photo to her Facebook and from there it came to Internet. Court's information officer Ulrika Näsholm confirms that Victoria and Daniel met Zara Larsson and her mother, she didn't to say exact day, said just "they met this week". Näsholm said also that it was a private lunch and she doesn't comment it more than that.
Information from a person with insight said to Nöjesbladet that the meeting was about that the court wants engage the star in one of their organizations.
The Crown Princess is involved in several different organizations, including the Royal Academy of Music.
When Aftonbladet's Nöjesbladet contacts Zara Larsson's mother Agnetha, she doesn't want to go into the meeting.
- We met them, I was there to support. But more information about this will come later, she says.
However, she denies the rumors that Zara Larsson would perform at the birthday celebration in Öland.
- No, I can say that she will not because we are going to a wedding for my nephew. She was asked but thanked no, the family goes first, she says.
She praises the lunch and the host couple.
- They were really super nice, Crown Princess Victoria is really so humble and sympathetic, as Daniel said in that video recently, she says.
Zara Larssons hemliga möte med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Aftonbladet
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Estelle at Haga Park in April.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 07-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria and Estelle at Haga Park in April.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
More photos from that day
https://www.facebook.com/marcelo.car...55263714121294
Old 07-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Courtier

With Victoria's winning smile and wonderful personality she will make a monarchist of him in no time. What beautiful pictures of Victoria and her family with this young man. Just a mom out walking the children and teaching the youngest to ride a bike.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

With Victoria's winning smile and wonderful personality she will make a monarchist of him in no time. What beautiful pictures of Victoria and her family with this young man. Just a mom out walking the children and teaching the youngest to ride a bike.
I had no idea that Daniel speaks Portuguese! Didnt he make some real estate investments in Brazil a few years before he married Victoria? If so maybe thats when he learnt the language.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I had no idea that Daniel speaks Portuguese! Didnt he make some real estate investments in Brazil a few years before he married Victoria? If so maybe thats when he learnt the language.
Daniel can speak portuguese with queen Silvia.

Closed Thread

Tags
victoria