The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO the facts are easy to read. It's save to say that D&V want more kids, not only for the sake of succession but also because they are loving parents for Estelle. There is no imaginable reason for Estelle to remain a single child apart from fertility issues or health reasons etc. Victoria is 37 already and there is no reason for her to put a second pregnancy on hold. Speculating on it comes natural for the above mentioned reasons, although it's cruel to do so.
The article is rubbish, it only disguises the speculations on the long awaited second pregnacy that has not come so far.

Carl Philip is getting married soon and will probably have children of his own and Madeleine already has a a daughter. The line of succession is pretty secure even if Victoria doesn't have another child.
__________________

  #42  
Old 07-24-2014, 08:38 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
From a blog on Tuesday in Torekov (no photos):

Incidentally, I bathed with Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Princess Estelle in the morning at the morning swim. Victoria wore a big hat so no one would recognize her and the whole family was assisted by a number of SÄPO-guards dressed in cool summer clothes to blend. It's tough that one is never able to relax and be herself, not even in the quiet little Torekov.
Nötgodis och kungligt bad
__________________

  #43  
Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From a blog on Tuesday in Torekov (no photos):

Incidentally, I bathed with Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Princess Estelle in the morning at the morning swim. Victoria wore a big hat so no one would recognize her and the whole family was assisted by a number of SÄPO-guards dressed in cool summer clothes to blend. It's tough that one is never able to relax and be herself, not even in the quiet little Torekov.
Nötgodis och kungligt bad
https://twitter.com/karlsson_jenny/s...25940695666690

Here is the original tweet.
  #44  
Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Yes, I have posted that tweet on Wednesday, it is at the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
VOCTORIA and daniel never travel abroad for the summer vacation
They don't like to go to the family villa at St. Maxime because the paparazzis are always there. In Sweden they get more privacy, people tweet about them and write at blogs but rarely publish any photos.
  #45  
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Photos from a blog of someone who visited Solliden on 18th July and saw Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. The woman tells that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle waved happily to her. Since Estelle was at a jogging stroller, perhaps Victoria was going for a run with her and Daniel went cycling with them.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GH6XfDoOai...0/IMG_0560.JPG
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xNr8D-u7gSU/U8...718_113450.jpg

All photos
Malin Björk Solliden!
  #46  
Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,735
How lovely. Victoria and Daniel obviously had no problem with them taking a couple of photos which were both lovely but by no means intrusive. Victoria and Daniel seem to be making quite a statement about who they are and how they like to live.

The thing that really strikes me is that their people are content to allow them their privacy during thier summer holiday. The same seems to be true for the Danish CP couple

These royal couples are not shutting themselves away from their people and they are obviously taking the necessary security measures. Their style is in direct contrast to a few other royal couples who are a bit like the "Best" china . . . gets brought out and dusted off for a special occasion and when it's over it's locked away safe and secure until next time.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #47  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
How lovely. Victoria and Daniel obviously had no problem with them taking a couple of photos which were both lovely but by no means intrusive. Victoria and Daniel seem to be making quite a statement about who they are and how they like to live.

The thing that really strikes me is that their people are content to allow them their privacy during thier summer holiday. The same seems to be true for the Danish CP couple

These royal couples are not shutting themselves away from their people and they are obviously taking the necessary security measures. Their style is in direct contrast to a few other royal couples who are a bit like the "Best" china . . . gets brought out and dusted off for a special occasion and when it's over it's locked away safe and secure until next time.
According to the swedish press, the royal family normally keeps themselves away from the tourists, the Park of Solliden is open from 15th May to 15th September from 11.00 until 18.00. It is quite rare that someone gets a photo of them, or of course that one publishes photos. According to the press, the royal family has often their breakfast at the boathouse. For Victoria and Daniel it is easier to stay away from the tourists, because their house is on the private area of Solliden.
  #48  
Old 07-31-2014, 12:32 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from a blog of someone who visited Solliden on 18th July and saw Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. The woman tells that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle waved happily to her. Since Estelle was at a jogging stroller, perhaps Victoria was going for a run with her and Daniel went cycling with them.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GH6XfDoOai...0/IMG_0560.JPG
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-xNr8D-u7gSU/U8...718_113450.jpg

All photos
Malin Björk Solliden!
So adorable - look at Estelle looking at the photographer. So sweet. So cute.

This is my favorite picture -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GH6XfDoOai...0/IMG_0560.JPG
  #49  
Old 08-02-2014, 10:00 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
From the blog of Leo Razzak, a Swedish lecturer and social entrepreneur working with business and community contacts (Public Affairs) at Fryshuset,
11th June:
This is also quite crazy. Had one of the better day today .. Was invited HOME to Victoria and Daniel today .. Yes jumped with Estelle on the couch, did stuff with Daniel, and received immense love from Vicky to daddy! I find it hard to imagine a better representative of Sweden than our crown princess, she has everything right! Btw, the new Estelle, she's a star!
Hembjuden till Victoria och Daniel ) - Leo Razzak - Leo Razzak
  #50  
Old 08-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From the blog of Leo Razzak, a Swedish lecturer and social entrepreneur working with business and community contacts (Public Affairs) at Fryshuset, 11th June: This is also quite crazy. Had one of the better day today ..

Was invited HOME to Victoria and Daniel today .. Yes jumped with Estelle on the couch, did stuff with Daniel, and received immense love from Vicky to daddy! I find it hard to imagine a better representative of Sweden than our crown princess, she has everything right! Btw, the new Estelle, she's a star!

Hembjuden till Victoria och Daniel ) - Leo Razzak - Leo Razzak
Impressive sharing! Nice to hear such glowing words, and that Victoria and Daniel can have such a normal life.
  #51  
Old 08-06-2014, 10:04 AM
MoonShadow123's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ..., United Kingdom
Posts: 281
Lovely, beautiful photographs, thank you for posting them.
  #52  
Old 08-14-2014, 01:31 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Expressen tells that in the evening of 5th July, unknown intruders broke into the area of Haga Palace. First a surveillance camera was massacred. Then the unknown intruder came into the fenced area of the castle, where crown princess Victoria lives with her ​​family.
Police headlines the event as vandalism and trespassing.
The time 23:08 a surveillance camera recorded how an unknown person got help from another person to climb up on the high fence which is enclosing the Haga Palace and is marked with "protected". After knocking down the camera with a weapon person jumped over the fence and into the Palace area.
There an object was picked up from the ground. The mysterious intrusion was guarded by another persons, who were just outside the fenced area. After the intrusion the people left the place "in the direction towards the city," as it says in the police report.
First, the following morning, on July 6, discovered the palace guard that the surveillance camera and the associated motion detector was destroyed. However, no alarm had rung. The castle guard alerted immediately to the police, but was reticent when Expressen calls about the incident. The guard didn't want to speak about it, everything should go through the court press department.
According to the police report the palace guard went through the film material from the surveillance camera after the intrusion, "the two culprits together destroyed the equipment while another persons looked at."
According to Margareta Thorgren, Crown Princess Victoria had no official programs planned during the current weekend, 5-6 July.
- The court may confirm that a complaint has been made to the police in accordance with established safety procedures. Other questions on the matter should be referred to the Security Service responsible for the protection of the crown princess couple. The crown princess with family was at the time on a private holiday.
To this day it is unclear who the intruder is because it has not been possible to determine the identity from the film material.
Okänd inkräktare tog sig in vid Haga slott Nyheter Expressen
Translation
  #53  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,062
That's unpleasant
But what was the purpose of the intruder? Did he just break the camera? And for what?

I still wonder how it is possible that these people are able to enter such a surveilled property so easily... (see the intusion in BP)
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #54  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:13 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,735
With an incident like this where the security is breached, the intruders are not apprehended and the purpose of the intrusion is unknown, I can only assume that Daniel and Victoria will be feeling a little less than secure for a while.

I am also sure that they will continue on, regardless of their private misgivings, just as Queen Elizabeth did, putting their best foot forward and adhering to the old adage "Keep Calm and Carry On".
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #55  
Old 08-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
That's unpleasant.

But what was the purpose of the intruder? Did he just break the camera? And for what?
It sounds like their purpose was to pick something up off the ground on the castle side of the fence. How did they know that something was on the ground to be picked up? I could start spinning the questions. It does not appear that their purpose was to cause harm. Were they carousing and one of the dudes flung a laptop/iPhone/iPad over the fence? "Dude, you're getting my iPhone back - yeah, over the fence!"There's really not enough information to piece together a likely scenario. Good heads-up for the castle security folks, though. Fortunately this took place with people who intended nothing more than to pick something up off the ground.

I do love a mystery. I've been told I should have been a police detective, or at least a private investigator.
  #56  
Old 08-14-2014, 10:29 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Svensk Damtidning tells, that Victoria and Daniel were in Belgium at the time of the official Commemoration of the Start of WWI. They didn't attend at the official events, but Daniel was seen at a royal lunch at the Palais des Princes Èveques, the Belgium court tells. And there were some get-together events and Victoria and Daniel met William and Kate (The cover tells: Victoria's private meeting with Kate: Finally friends). As mothers Victoria and Kate have so much in common.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren confirms that Victoria and Daniel were in Belgium and they had Estelle with them. But she didn't want to comment their private trip more.

The article has one old photo of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle on 30th July, when they met members from FUB's local association Pärlan in Solliden.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
  #57  
Old 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
Victoria and Daniel have been again in Solliden during their last holiday week. Daniel and Estelle were seen in a car in Borgholm on Tuesday.
https://twitter.com/Kristianstadnu/s...60229586948096

Yesterday the family flew to Stockholm.
https://twitter.com/biancao_/status/499940148856242176
  #58  
Old 08-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brussels, Belgium
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning tells, that Victoria and Daniel were in Belgium at the time of the official Commemoration of the Start of WWI. They didn't attend at the official events, but Daniel was seen at a royal lunch at the Palais des Princes Èveques, the Belgium court tells. And there were some get-together events and Victoria and Daniel met William and Kate (The cover tells: Victoria's private meeting with Kate: Finally friends). As mothers Victoria and Kate have so much in common.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren confirms that Victoria and Daniel were in Belgium and they had Estelle with them. But she didn't want to comment their private trip more.
Probably a quite good idea so that next time they come across each other, as some olympics or other, a more friendly attitude prevails than at London OG, at least according to some pictures.
__________________
Anne2
  #59  
Old 08-18-2014, 11:31 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
According to a new book "Saudivapen" (Saudi weapons) Victoria was acting as "door opener" and played a key role for a business deal between the Swedish industry of arms and Saudi Arabia during her visit to Saudi Arabia 2004.
- The radar and weapons factory hang all the time together. Saudi Interest had cooled so they sent Victoria to convince Saudi Arabia to purchase the radar system. She saved the deal, says "Echo" -journalist Bo-Göran Bodin, who along with his colleague Daniel Öhman wrote the book "Saudi Weapons".
Without Victoria then Crown Prince Abdullah would have never ever received the business delegation, which was selling a radar system to Saudi Arabia and was supposed to help Saudi Arabia to build up a factory of arms.
Richard Bouveng, a diplomat with long experience in trade issues, was responsible for the visit to Saudi Arabia and the delegation in which, among others, Deputy Finance Minister Gunnar Lund and senior representatives of the State Department and the business community were included.
- We talked about all sorts of business when we were in Saudi Arabia with Victoria. Telephones, radar systems, there is nothing strange about it. Saudi Arabia is the largest market in the Middle East. It is always good to have royalty. Then we meet the people who decide on business. You get close to these people if you are in the company of someone they want to meet, said Richard Bouveng, now retired.
Victoria skickades för att rädda Saudiaffären Nyheter Expressen
Translation
  #60  
Old 08-23-2014, 03:35 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,573
From the Instgram of Jacob Wismar
Proud and happy! The second time I cooked for Prince Daniel and Crown Princess Viktoria. But try to outdo a prince #selfie haha
Instagram photo by @jacobwismar (Jacob Wismar) | Iconosquare

Jacob Wismar has told earlier at his recipe blog:
Victoria's prinsesspavlova
This cake is named after Crown Princess Victoria. I was honored to bake the cake in conjunction with that I cooked the meal for her first "own" family dinner when she would meet her future husband Daniel Westling's whole family before the wedding. The party was held in the beautiful Hälsingland on the island of Kungsholmen. An unforgettable day!
Victorias prinsesspavlova (kock Jacob Wismar)
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
victoria


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News, Part 4, September 2017 - Marengo Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 10 10-15-2017 06:15 PM
King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017 An Ard Ri King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 430 09-20-2017 06:27 PM
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 679 06-02-2014 09:38 PM




Popular Tags
affair best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of cambridge dutch earthquakes europe fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín kate king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princessanne princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises