Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I have missed that as well. I have to say that I get more and more confused about what and how they communicate official engagements. Especially trips abroad are just added to the calendar without mentioning the purpose or the program. Very annoying.

For a moment I thought this even had been part of the seminar on the ocean that was held in Stockholm some time ago:ermm:

I had totally missed the event. Was it mentioned in the calendar?

No, the event was not mentioned at the calendar and Svensk Damtidning first wrote that Victoria and family were on a luxury holiday on the Maldives. It was the wish of the organizers that nothing about the event would be told to the press before the dialogue, only about a month after that. The event was published only on 14th December and I have written about it at Victoria's current events thread here, and on some posts after that:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...t-10-october-2014-a-37602-18.html#post1946867

Last edited:
Still some photos of Daniel and Estelle at the football match on Sunday.
Suloinen pikkuprinsessa Estelle ihastutti futismatsissa – kännykkä ja namut varastivat prinsessan huomion - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

From Svensk Damtidning
Victoria's friends take over the industry
Crown Princess Victoria's circle of friends has more and more powerful people. In connection that the leaders of industry more and more hand over their jobs to their children, Victoria has also a growing network of people at the absolute top jobs.
One of Victoria's closest friends, Karl-Johan Persson, has for several years been the ceo of H&M. Cristina Stenbeck took over in the family business as the president of Kinnevik and is now a member of the board. She has also moved back to Sweden.
Recently the Sisters Schörling took over after their fathers. Melker Schörling left his job at the Board of Directors of Hexagon. Sofia Schörling Högberg with her little sister Märta Schörling Andréen were chosen as members of the board. Sofia Schörling Högberg has for a long time been a friend of Crown Princess Victoria and is also married to one of Victoria's previous classmates from school. Victoria and Daniel were of course guests at their wedding. Märta Schörling is a friend of Princess Madeleine.
A ruler who leaves his place in calmer pace to his children is Fredrik Lundberg, CEO of Lundbergföretagen. His daughter Louise Lindh and her husband are close friends to Crown Princess Victoria. And now Louise takes also more and more responsibilities at family business. She is now the ceo of the family business Fastighets AB L E Lundberg.
Victorias vänner tar över näringslivet _ Svensk Damtidning

Margaretha Thornberg pointed out last year around the time of Queen Silvia breaking her shoulder that many engagements are never mentioned in the calendar.
That might be true, and I think it is as we have seen several unannounced events this week. But I think that major trips should be announced properly. No information at the Court's website about neither The King and Queen's trio to Brazil, aside the Global Child Forum, nor about CP Victoria's trip to Japan.

Learn from Denmark and tell the purpose of the trip and lateron publish a program. I might be negative but I think things are slacking at the Press Department.

That might be true, and I think it is as we have seen several unannounced events this week. But I think that major trips should be announced properly. No information at the Court's website about neither The King and Queen's trio to Brazil, aside the Global Child Forum, nor about CP Victoria's trip to Japan.

Learn from Denmark and tell the purpose of the trip and lateron publish a program. I might be negative but I think things are slacking at the Press Department.

The meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs are always decided on a very short notice, and sometimes they are not put into the calendar because of that. The court also doesn't normally publish the visits held outside the Palace, like Victoria's and Daniel's visit to SVT, where the media are not allowed to attend. About Victoria's trip to Japan, we will see if there are many events where the media is welcomed.

Victoria has been invited to Finland, to SuomiAreena, which will be held on 10-14 July in Pori. SuomiAreena is a public debate forum held in July, this year it will be celebrating Finland's centenary as an independent country. SuomiAreena is organized by the biggest Finnish commercial Broadcasting Company MTV and City of Pori. SuomiAreena is held simultaneously with the oldest jazz festival in Europe, Pori Jazz; hence the visitors can enjoy lively discussion during the day and musical highlights in the evening. Due to the 100th anniversary of the Finnish independency, the organizers have this year invited very high-class guests.
Mari Haavisto, the executive producer of SuomiAreena, tells that the high-quality guest invitations are not specifically identified in their subject and timeline, but the invitees have the opportunity to choose their topic and their date of performance at a suitable time. The organizers have been thinking about the guests for over a year. Who will participate will be comfirmed very close to the event. They are keeping their thumbs up. Haavisto says that they also have to take into account the security risks, so high-quality guests are not exposed to publicity until the zero hour.
The organizers haven't got an answer from Victoria yet.
Suomi-Areena kutsui prinsessa Victorian Poriin_ Vastausta ei tosin ole saatu - Satakunnan Kansa

As a Finn I of course hope that Victoria will attend but I doubt that, because the royal family has their summer holiday then and it is so close to Victoria's 40th birthday.

This summer Galleri Andersson/Sandström presents from 5th June to 31st August a sculpture exhibition at Djurgården with the Swedish artist Eva Hild. The exhibition is initiated by HRH Prince Daniel and arranged by Galleri Andersson/Sandström in collaboration with the Royal Djurgården Administration.
The presentation by Eva Hild's sculptures follow up last year’s well-received and highly appreciated exhibition with Tony Cragg, which was also initiated by HRH Prince Daniel. The successful cooperation with the Royal Djurgården's management has resulted in that Galleri Andersson/Sandström received a three-year mission to arrange sculpture exhibitions at Djurgården. This year’s exhibition will consist of six large scale Hild-sculptures installed on both sides along Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen.
EVA HILD AT DJURGÅRDEN – Guide2Stockholm
EVA HILD PÅ DJURGÅRDEN - Galleri Andersson_Sandström
Kungliga Djurgårdens Intressenter _ Eva Hild gör sommarutställning på Djurgården – initierad av Prins Daniel

Alingsås municipality celebrates its 400th anniversary in 2019 and can get royal splendor. An invitation for participating in the festivities has been sent to court.
The municipality has now invited Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel to participate in the feast day on 21 September.
- They are the Duke and Duchess of Västergötland, so it's pretty obvious that we are inviting them. There will probably go some time before we get the answer, says Pether Ribbefors, project manager of "400 years of Alingsås".
Is there any thought of what Victoria and Daniel will do during the day?
- It is something that we work with. The letter we sent was quite undetailed.
Victoria och Daniel bjudna till Alingsås _ Alingsås Tidning

"Only in Svensk Damtidning!"
Svensk Damtidning has photo of Victoria attending at the 40th birthday party of one of her closest friends, Caroline "Kling" Dinkelspiel. The party was held in Östermalm in Stockholm. According to the article, the dress code made it possible to dance with the hits the Dj played, the most popular of them was swedish ESC-representant Robin Bengtsson's "I Can't Go On". Damtidning tells that Victoria was at the party still at midnight.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Svensk Damtidning doesn't tell when the party was held. Caroline had her birthday already in January, only some days after her father-in-law Ulf Dinkelspiel's funeral, so it is natural that they held the party later.

Svensk Golf had on Thursday at their website an article about Daniel being very interested in golf. He sat with Henrik Stenson at the same table at the Sports Gala in January, and they have played golf together at PGA Sweden National Pro-Am in 2015.
They have a video from 2012, when Stockholms Golfklubb celebrated its 100th anniversary and Daniel played with hickory clubs crown princess Margereta had golfed with in 1914.
And a video of Daniel at Nordea Masters Pro Am in 2013.
TV_ Prins Daniel i hickorystil på golfbanan - Svensk Golf

An art work of Victoria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO51wQyADxF/

At Haga Park a week ago, two photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSn12sYA64o/?taken-at=16604

Last edited:
A sculpture of Victoria, by swedish sculptor Gudmar Olovson. Ever since I read from the Annual Report of the Royal Court that Gudmar Olovson delivered a bronze bust of Victoria to Victoria and Daniel on 6th September 2012, I have wanted to see it. And now Olovson's website has been updated and a photo of the bronze bust was put there.
https://i0.wp.com/www.gudmar.net/wp...HRH-Crown-Princess-Victoria.jpg?fit=1800,1798
He has also done a relief of Victoria
https://i2.wp.com/www.gudmar.net/wp...HRH-Crown-Princess-Victoria.jpg?fit=1018,1024

Gudmar Olovson (b. 1936) was born in Boden and grew up in Stockholm where he received his training at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts. His father was a surgeon and his mother painted. In 1960 he came to France, where he continues to work as a sculptor. Since then he has regularly taken part in a great many important exhibitions in, amongst others, Paris, Stockholm and New York. His work is to be found in private collections as well as in public places and in well-known galleries and museums in Europe and the USA. A number of his sketches can be found in the National Art Museum in Stockholm.
His many well-known works include reliefs of Pope John Paul II, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, a bust of Charles de Gaulle and one of Georges Pompidou. Ingrid Bergman, Jacob Wallenberg, Peter Wallenberg and Philippe de Rothschild are also amongst those whose portraits he has created. Gudmar Olovson has received a number of medals and international awards for his art. He has also done a bust of king Carl Gustaf.
Gudmar Olovson _ Sculptures

Some girls had brunch at the same café with Victoria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS9D5UOF5ty/?taken-by=viivilaak

Last edited:
From the Annual Report of Radiohjälpen
The Crown Princess Victoria's Fund (Kronprinsessan Victoria's Fond/Victoriafonden) collected 5 million SEK in 2016. An important occasion to get donations to the Fund is the TV-concert on crown princess Victoria's birthday. At the TV-program was informed of the Fund's work and the viewers were given the opportunity to text or call in a contribution. 1 470 000 people watched at the program and 2 286 157 SEK came in.
The Crown Princess Victoria's Fund delivered money (5 001 332 SEK) to 192 activities in 2016.
At crown princess's birthday concert was shown an interview with Crown Princess Victoria which was made in the Palace park at Haga in the middle of June. In November, Radiohjälpen and Crown Princess Victoria visited with a film producer the association RG Active Rehabilitation's Autumn camp, where the youth from all over the country came to try out different activities and challenged themselves both physically and mentally. The films from the visit will be broadcast in 2017. Victoria's Fund co-operates with Radiohjälpen.

Last edited:
'Victoria's stylist is treated badly

Victoria is commended for her glamorous and stylish wardrobe. But her stylist Tina Törnquist who created the giant success begs to differ.
"She feels let down, sad and cracked," says a source.
Crown Princess Victoria, 39, has undergone a major change in style.

But in the shadow of this success, the person behind the success suffers in silence.

Stoppapressarna can now reveal that Victoria's stylist Tina Törnquist, 57, is extremely dissatisfied with her work situation. Something she has expressed on several occasions with her acquaintances.
- She is frustrated and feels she deserves better. But Tina's words fall on deaf ears who do not seem to understand what she goes through, tells a source.

The devotion of Tina Törnquist has been described as one of the most successful qualities at court. She is a skilled stylist and has previously worked as a tailor, designer. and an advisor for films wardrobes such as "Tomten är far till alla barnen."

Her network of contacts in the Swedish fashion world is described as "extensive" and she often mixes with the country's hottest designers at glamorous fashion celebrations in the capital.

But despite Tina Törnquist's impressive background and her successful career, she earns just over SEK 30,000 a month. This is according to the latest declaration in 2015. It can be compared, with for example, with the income of director Margareta Thorgren who earns almost SEK 1.3 million in a year.

Several sources tell Tina that her salary is far too low.
"In addition, she can no longer work on other projects in the same way as before. She feels wrenched, sad and cracked.

According to Stoppa Pressarna, Tina Törnquist has tried to resolve this tough situation with her employer. But all in vain.

Another thing that, as a matter of fact, irritates Törnquist very much, is that she is also used by the Crown Princess couple for completely different tasks that are not part of her job description, and should not really be included in her work.

"It's all about taking the kids to do different things around town. Victoria simply uses her staff for what she finds fit at the moment. Employees simply find themselves in a situation where ''obey'' seems to be the keyword.

Tina Törnquist lives in an apartments in exclusive Östermalm in central Stockholm. She only gets to keep it for as long as she works at court.
"That means she can not quit. She'll only end up on the streets. You can imagine how she feels, her source states.'
Så illa behandlas Victorias personal | Stoppa Pressarna – Kungligheter – Kungafamiljen – Svensk Damtidning – Prinsessan Madeleine – Kronprinsessan Victoria

:previous:

If Tornquist is unhappy in her position and she tried to resolve it, why doesn't she just quit? If she is as well connected in the fashion industry as this article claims, it should not be difficult for her to get a new job and at a salary she feels she deserves.

Whoever leaked this story to Stoppapressna did Tina no favors. If dragging Victoria in the tabloids is a tactic to get a pay raise through embarrassment, this can backfire and Victoria could fire Tornquist for lack of discretion that is expected from an employee of a royal household. Tornquist runs the risk of some unflattering information coming out about her in the media as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Tornquist is unhappy in her position and she tried to resolve it, why doesn't she just quit? If she is as well connected in the fashion industry as this article claims, it should not be difficult for her to get a new job and at a salary she feels she deserves.

Whoever leaked this story to Stoppapressna did Tina no favors. If dragging Victoria in the tabloids is a tactic to get a pay raise through embarrassment, this can backfire and Victoria could fire Tornquist for lack of discretion that is expected from an employee of a royal household. Tornquist runs the risk of some unflattering information coming out about her in the media as well.

Indeed, or if it is true at all. I'm not sure about that.

I think that the article is not true at all. By being Victoria's stylist (kammarjungfrun/chambermaid according to the court), Tina Törnquist is the most well known stylist in whole Sweden, and the media writes about her even abroad. Her name is mentioned almost every week at some swedish magazine at an article about Victoria's clothes, and often there is her photo of her too. Törnquist gets invitations to almost every VIP event in Stockholm, and the media often publishes photos about her at these events. Usually at many events Törnquist attends, the guests get presents. So besides her salary, Törnquist gets quite much "bonuses". It is quite possible that if Törnquist quits as Victoria's stylist, she isn't invited to these VIP events anymore. And Törnquist has got her good contacts through her job as Victoria's stylist since 2008.
For instance Svensk Damtidning has often written how close Tina and Victoria are, and that Tina loves mingling at these VIP events. Törnquist has a reputation as a good worker and cheerful and trustworthy person and this article doesn't help her at all.
And comparing Törnquist's income with Margareta Thorgren's has no point. Stoppa pressarna doesn't know about how many hours Törnquist works in a week, while Margareta Thorgren is the director of the information and press department and is in principle working around the clock. At least the former director of the press department, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg has told that the press could call her even during the night. Also it is not known if Thorgen's 1,3 million income includes investment incomes. Thorgren has been in well-paid jobs even before and very probably has invested in shares.
And by having these very good contacts, Törnquist would surely get another job if she would quit working for Victoria, and would not end up to the streets from her apartment at the Royal Mews.
And I think that there are a lot of people who envy Tina Törnquist because of her job and want to be on her place.

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and and children were having brunch today at Stallmästaregården, it's located just off the Haga Park and Brunnsviken.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTyje01BAhS/?taken-at=237804248

Stallmästaregården is part of Nobis Hospitality Group, founded and owned by Victoria's and Daniel's friend Alessandro Catenacci.
http://nobis.se/collection/hotels/stallmastaregarden

Victoria going for a lunch to Restaurant Gourmedia on 6th April, the day she and Daniel visited SVT.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSiaUcOh_R9/?tagged=gourmedia

Last edited:
I like how that despite the fact that they have a high position in the SRF and seem to be well-liked in Sweden, the CP family are able to enjoy 'normal' life without being chased by the paparazzi to the same extent that some other RFs are. It looks as if these photos were taken by other people at the restaurant as opposed to paparazzi, just down to the fact that they have been posted on Instagram.

:previous: True. And even commoners seem to respect their privacy a lot. We hear stories about Daniel out for pizza with Estelle or her dance classes and such, but we rarely see a photo. It's great for the kids sake they can go out as a family and have privacy. Sadly the press isn't so kind In uk even for foreign royals as we see with Madeleine and her family.

Victoria, Daniel and and children were having brunch today at Stallmästaregården, it's located just off the Haga Park and Brunnsviken.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTyje01BAhS/?taken-at=237804248

Stallmästaregården is part of Nobis Hospitality Group, founded and owned by Victoria's and Daniel's friend Alessandro Catenacci.
Stallmästaregården | Nobis Hospitality Group

Another photo from that day.
https://www.facebook.com/anna.bergman.543/posts/1173932982732981

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were at the concert of Kiss last Saturday and met the band. I guess this is not the original photo posted to internet.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8UhRLj5Kj/?taken-by=bellagraham

Rock-Princess Estelle?
When Kiss played in Stockholm last Saturday, it was the Crown Princess couple's daughter who stole the show.
- The highlight of the whole show was that Princess Estelle was made-up as Paul Stanley, says music producer Andreas Carlsson in "Rockklassiker".
The radio station "Rockklassiker" calls weekly music producer Andreas Carlsson for an introduction to the latest in the rock world.
On Tuesday morning, the topic was, of course, the Kiss concert at Tele2 Arena last Saturday.
But it was an unexpected detail that stole the show for the vast majority who were backstage, says Andreas Carlsson.
- The highlight of the whole show was that Princess Estelle came made-up like Paul Stanley. It was a little cool, says Carlsson.
Andreas Carlsson continues to tell:
- Victoria and Daniel were there too, but their daughter then came with Kiss equipment.
Prinsessan Estelle kom sminkad som Paul Stanley_ _ Nöje

EDIT: A bigger version of the photo
http://68.media.tumblr.com/ecfce85f512d8abf90f4cba1b94e299d/tumblr_oprwc60W3Z1tvhtwoo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were at the concert of Kiss last Saturday and met the band. I guess this is not the original photo posted to internet.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT8UhRLj5Kj/?taken-by=bellagraham

Rock-Princess Estelle?
When Kiss played in Stockholm last Saturday, it was the Crown Princess couple's daughter who stole the show.
- The highlight of the whole show was that Princess Estelle was made-up as Paul Stanley, says music producer Andreas Carlsson in "Rockklassiker".
The radio station "Rockklassiker" calls weekly music producer Andreas Carlsson for an introduction to the latest in the rock world.
On Tuesday morning, the topic was, of course, the Kiss concert at Tele2 Arena last Saturday.
But it was an unexpected detail that stole the show for the vast majority who were backstage, says Andreas Carlsson.
- The highlight of the whole show was that Princess Estelle came made-up like Paul Stanley. It was a little cool, says Carlsson.
Andreas Carlsson continues to tell:
- Victoria and Daniel were there too, but their daughter then came with Kiss equipment.
Prinsessan Estelle kom sminkad som Paul Stanley_ _ Nöje
Estelle made up like Paul Stanley has made my day! She is so adorable! Thank you for the link :flowers:

Even Kiss published the photo a few hours ago at their official Twitter
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/862648599477354497
And Facebook
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=70b8b76cf9605c64f5bdfd983de36983&oe=597E1783

Estelle is also at this photo from Kiss Twitter, at the first photo up left
https://twitter.com/KISSOnline/status/861240590620647424/photo/1

About the photo and the family at the concert
Prinsessan Estelle gick på Kiss sminkad som Paul Stanley _ Nöje
Estelles spännande lördagskväll _ Annas kungliga barnblogg

Estelle had a good location on the stands and was of course equipped with hearing protection.
- At concerts, or other high-volume performances, princess Estelle has ear muffs, says information officer Ulrika Näsholm from the court to Hänt.
Prinsessan Estelle på Kiss-konsert i Tele2 Arena _ Hänt.se

Last edited:
Who would have thought it? Just goes to show we all see individual royals through the filter of our own expectations. The one surprised and delighted me.

Victoria and Daniel attended at their good friend Leonie Persson's (wife of H&M ceo Karl-Johan Persson) 40th birthday party at the new restaurant Tak on Saturday. They were seen dancing and having a real good time. Victoria and Leonie have been friends since childhood.
DJ Tim Henri wrote to the photos at his Instagram
"It was an honor 2 spin 4 Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel again last night!"
Privata festbilderna – här dansar kronprinsessan loss _ Hänt.se

Last edited:
Daniel has been interviewed by Artlover Magazine because of this summer's sculpture exhibition at Djurgården. The preparations for the exhibition are already on their way.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUJ2M2EA6a0/?taken-by=gallerianderssonsandstrom
Eva Hild at Djurgården

This summer Galleri Andersson/Sandström presents from 5th June to 31st August a sculpture exhibition at Djurgården with Swedish artist Eva Hild. The exhibition is initiated by HRH Prince Daniel and arranged by Galleri Andersson/Sandström in collaboration with the Royal Djurgården Administration.
The presentation by Eva Hild's sculptures follow up last year’s well-received and highly appreciated exhibition with sir Tony Cragg, which was also initiated by Prince Daniel. The successful cooperation with the Royal Djurgården's management has resulted in that Galleri Andersson/Sandström received a three-year mission to arrange sculpture exhibitions at Djurgården. This year’s exhibition will consist of six large scale Hild-sculptures.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUG4MIIgxdy/?taken-by=gallerianderssonsandstrom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom