Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel gave a long interview to Aftonbladet at Haga Palace, it was just published at the Aftonbladet website.

Prince Daniel: "Our society faces major challenges"

From Ockelbo to Haga Palace. In an exclusive interview at the home of Prince Daniel, he talks about the collaboration with the physicist Stephen Hawking, family life – and the perception of the official mission. Mattias Sandberg tells how Chamber master Jonas Wallin shows them into the hallway. Upstairs are the representation rooms. With the fireplace is a portrait of Princess Estelle.
Last summer Daniel started with Victoria Health organization Generation Pep. Now they have just released a promotional video with physicist Stephen Hawking. The purpose: to get people to move.
– Stephen Hawking is a documented wise person so we can talk about credibility to talk about one of the world's greatest problems, says Daniel.
Which one of you and Victoria have been mostly driven in this project?
- It's probably me who has been the most driven.
It is rarely the Royals are talking about class. But you have described health as a class issue. Why?
- I've been talking that health is unequal. And that is something that we have to change. It is distressing that people who already socially and economically have it tough are the ones to suffer from poorer health.
Do you think that part of the solution is another allocation policy?
- I can and do not want to go into those kinds of discussions. It is political in a way that I can't comment on.
So what can you do?
- It is incredibly complex. It should be clear. But now it feels more and more people start talking about health as a challenge and that children need to move more. Today one and a half billion people in the world suffer from overweight and obesity. And as a consequence of this more and more people suffer from type 2 diabetes. It is expected that additional 200 million will suffer from type 2 diabetes over the next 20 years. When it comes to solving the problem, there are studies that show that all social elements must contribute if you're going to have a chance. That's how hard it is. I feel that we have a good opportunity to act as a unifying force. That is why we have taken this initiative.
Your organization stresses the importance of healthy diet. How does a typical morning out with you at Haga Palace?
– One may well say that we are very normal when it comes to it, but we are also privileged and often have insight in how to eat, and we live in a rather healthy way.
This health initiative targets perhaps primarily at young people. What are you doing to reach them?
- We try to collect various parts of society, and are going to work with own initiatives. The idea is to invite to what we hope will be a popular movement with time.
You mentioned integration as a major challenge. What are your thoughts on it?
- It is no easy matter. It is very much about that there must be meeting places. We are pretty bad at socializing across borders. We are familiar with a family from Syria. When they describe how things are in Aleppo, which doesn't differ much from Stockholm with regard to development and education degree, they describe a society in which people are open and talking to each other. We are not always like that in Sweden. But one would wish that we would be a bit more interested. I think is a flaw. That integration will be successful, it requires of course that we succeed in many aspects. But I still stick to the personal. What we as human beings can do. It was an incredibly fine dedication in Sweden when the crisis was at its peak. Then many Swedes showed incredible commitment in various ways.
Many countries build walls, figuratively and literally. What are your thoughts on it?
- I and many others want to have a warm and open society. Where people care about each other and where you get the chance. But there are complex questions. We have had the opportunity to meet many refugees and unaccompanied children. I remember one occasion where children's family situation was discussed. A boy stretched out his hand and said "it's only me". He was all alone in the world, he had no one left. Many of the stories we receive make an everlasting impression.
Is it true that you and Victoria have supported and helped a refugee family who you met through Invitationsdepartementet?
- We are trying in various ways to support and Invitationsdepartementet makes it easy for anyone who wants to contribute.
What are your thoughts on your official duties as Prince?
- I will never feel "oh, how good I am". There is so much to do and I would like to contribute and participate and support and help in so many areas and become better at everything I do. But I feel that my areas of interest are very relevant and important for the society.
What are you most proud of?
- It's the little ones. As a parent, I am most proud of my children. And that I feel I am a good parent.
In addition to it?
- I'm not particularly proud of anything yet. But I hope that I'll be that after 40 years when I look back at what I've done. I'm very happy to have the opportunity to collect the committed and talented people in key social issues.
What do you think about that your children are growing up as the country's most public figures?
- I feel incredibly happy that I am married with such a warm, wise and very good person that is also a fantastic mom. Giving our kids an incredible confidence and great possibilities. It's much easier to grow up with two loving parents who spend a lot of time and energy and love to their children than to grow up in an environment where it is cold and there is no commitment.
This year, it is 15 years since you met Victoria for the first time. How would you describe your relationship today?
- We have it very well. I am grateful for our relationship.
You became historical when you as one of the first Royals took paternity leave. Isn't that a sign of weakness of the world's monarchies?
- My dad was on maternity leave with both me and my sister back in the early 70's. So for me, it was obvious to be home with my children. I do think that there are many occupations where there is a low parental leave among men. And I think that's a shame because you get the most out of being with their children and get to know them on the way. And you get an in-depth understanding of the woman who often takes the major responsibility. So I think it was quite right that I did that. I'll be on paternity leave with Oscar as well and I look forward to it.
What do you think you will achieve in concrete terms with your health initiatives?
- I think, and hope, that we can play an important role. But I don't think that it is only we who do it, but we are a unifying force, which leads many to think about these issues. And we must dare to believe that we can achieve health equity.
What do you think about screen time for your children?
- It was awesome last summer. We were out on the troll hunt. Pokémon Go. I wanted to really understand it and test the phenomenon. It's incredibly interesting how a sometimes criticized phenomenon - as playing - got kids to move. I welcome the technology development and I think kids have a lot to gain from playing. We have a games industry in Sweden we should be proud of. But it's important to have balance. Kids should exercise at least 60 minutes per day. And if we parents go out with our children, they will move. I haven't seen any statistics on it, but it was certainly tens of thousands of children and young people who came out. And we met with others at the Pokémon gym.
You can find new ways to move around with the help of technology?
– Absolutely. As to keep track of their steps in the phone.
How many steps do you go every day?
- Today I have gone 2 000 perhaps.
What is the goal?
– 10 000.
And you achieve this every day?
- No, no.
What a fiasco.
– Yes, it is super fiasco. But really, it's a simple thing. Little things that don't cost as much in terms of time, energy and money, can make a big difference. I think the philosophy should be to add positive habits instead of focusing on the negative. Such as a walk, drink water instead of soda.
Do you have a gym here on Haga?
- I have a little exercise gadgets.
Victoria is in better shape than you?
– Yes, it's clear.
It is quite rare that you are giving interviews out here.
– Yes, but now we felt that it was the time. It is important to convey that we must move more. Sit less still and eat better. It is the simple answer to a complex question.

Daniel says also that he has the world's most exciting role, he misses nothing that has been and he has always known he would get involved in health issues. They talk also about how GEN-PEP uses social media and how the Royal House uses social media and how the royal family is seen in those. About should the Royal House become more open and more modern than it is now Daniel says that he thinks they are very open and accessible. For him it's more important to be relevant than modern. They talk also about the role of the royal family.
Prins Daniel_ ”Vårt samhälle står inför stora utmaningar” _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
Translation

Last edited:
The cover of Aftonbladet
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxnXF9xWQAAH77m.jpg:large
http://cache-img1.pressdisplay.com/...image.aspx?regionKey=6cJ+SkvPHRo2hOC2T3cIHg==

Expressen quotes Daniel's interview in Aftonbladet
Prins Daniel_ _Vi var ute på trolljakt_ _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Finnish media about the interview:
Prince Daniel in Aftonbladet's special interview - praises his wife, Princess Victoria: "Warm, wise and immensely good"
Swedish royals rarely give significant interviews. Now Prince Daniel has made an exception. In a long interview in Aftonbladet, he talks about his work as a prince, public health, integration, and also a little about his private life.
Prinssi Daniel Aftonbladetin erikoishaastattelussa - ylistää vaimoaan, prinsessa Victoriaa_ _Lämmin, viisas ja suunnattoman hyvä
Prince Daniel gave a rare interview to Aftonbladet: "I'm not terribly proud of anything yet"
Prinssi Daniel antoi harvinaisen haastattelun Aftonbladetille_ ”En ole kauhean ylpeä vielä mistään” - Viihde - Ilta-Sanomat
Prince Daniel praises Victoria in a rare interview: "She is warm, wise and a wonderful mother"
Prinssi Daniel ylistää Victoriaa harvinaisessa haastattelussa_ “Hän on lämmin, viisas ja upea äiti” - Viihde - MTV.fi

About the interview at the website of GEN-PEP
GEN-PEP - Prins Daniel om GEN-PEP i Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Swedish newspapers quoting the interview and highlighting things from it.

The prince: Natural for me to take paternity leave
Prince Daniel told of his admiration for Victoria, paternity leave and concerns about refugee children in an interview with Aftonbladet.
Prince Daniel's unusual journey from a life of sports and quiet evenings in Ockelbo to Nobel dinners, celebrity mingling and a life in public, has captivated many. Both he and Princess Victoria have become immensely popular and often praised at social media for their humility and down to earth manners. But besides photos that court gives out and official appearances, it is rare that the people get insight into the prince's life.
Now, however, he gives an interview to Aftonbladet to talk about Generation Pep, which he started with Princess Victoria - a program that aims to get people to exercise more. He tells about the initiative but opens up even of other substances.
The refugee situation and meetings with unaccompanied children seem to be something that has made a strong impression on the prince. As in many previous interviews, Prince Daniel says that he is proud of his children. During the interview he praises Victoria.
- I feel incredibly happy that I have married such a warm, wise and very good person who is also an amazing mother.
Prinsen_ Självklart för mig att vara föräldraledig

Prince Daniel about paternity leave: "There is so much love and warmth"
Prince Daniel has been a royal six years. In a major interview he tells us now about family life, paternity leave, to play Pokemon with his daughter Estelle, and about to get more young people around the world to move.
Prins Daniel om pappaledigheten_ _Det är så mycket kärlek och värme_ _ Newsner

The prince: Integration is a major challenge
Prinsen_ Integrationen stor utmaning - HD

I think that Daniel is not much photogenic... and the gloom in the pics doesn't help at all.

Teresa Grundin, a make up stylist, has done make up for instance for Kate Moss. She tells that she has a very variable job: one day she is doing make up for models at the Atlas Mountains, and some days later she is driving to Haga Palace to do make up for Crown princess Victoria. Teresa about Victoria at her interview in Svensk Damtidning: "My aim is that she should feel as comfortable as possible. She is so incredibly beautiful!"

I'm sure Daniel is proud
Ockelbo is Sweden's best school municipality
Ockelbo, Grästorp and are Nykvarn Sweden's best school municipalities. It shows Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions' Comparisons - High school in 2016 that focuses on student learning outcomes.
Early intervention is important for Ockelbo
Ockelbo, which has had good school results although the two previous academic years, points to the importance of early intervention.
- A good start makes a difference in the longer term. Therefore we choose to, among other things, place great emphasis on additional adjustments and to give priority to students health work, says Lotta Wennlund, director of educational and cultural activities in Ockelbo Municipality.
Ockelbo är Sveriges bästa skolkommun - SKL

Last edited:
Daniel's wedding speech for Victoria has been widely analysed by experts.
Also his other speeches have been praised.

Secondary school teacher in Swedish and English, Martin Ahlstedt attended at the Congress of The National Union of Teachers in May, where Daniel gave an opening speech.
Now Ahlstedt told at his Twitter on Tuesday:
"Showed Prince Daniel's speech to us teachers for my students today. Stunningly good! Use in rhetoric teaching."
https://twitter.com/manierahl/status/801135884829659136

Svensk Damtidning has interviewed count Oscar Bernadotte af Wisborg, 95. He is the brother of Dagmar von Arbin and son of count Carl Bernadotte af Wisborg and baroness Marianne de Geer af Leufsta.
At the interview count Oscar tells also about Victoria's family.
Count Oscar tells that he has met the little prince Oscar many times. Both have "Oscis" as their nickname. Oscar senior was delighted when Victoria told their little prince would be named Oscar. Count Oscar says that he didn’t know about it beforehand and he thought it was fun. Count Oscar met prince Oscar for the first time in April when king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia hosted a dinner in honor of his sister Dagmar von Arbin’s 100th birthday.
- Little prince Oscar was with us then, and I think that the crown princess wanted to emphasize that now the youngest Bernadotte meets the eldest Bernadotte. It was very nicely done. Victoria is a lovely person and we are terribly good friends.
Count Oscar met the little prince also when Victoria and Prince Daniel invited the family to Haga Palace after the funeral of countess Gunnila Bernadotte (Oscar’s cousin) in the end of September.
- Just when we would have left Victoria said, "No, but wait a minute, I'll get little Oscis". He is really nice, very much like his big sister. And it's great that we have the same nickname.
To come back to Haga Palace was also special and fun to count Oscar. The last time he was there was in 1940’s when prince Gustaf Adolf lived there with princess Sibylla and the Haga Princesses. The king wasn’t even born yet. After the death of the king’s father, count Oscar hasn’t been in Haga.
- It was nice to see it again.
To Margot Ekelund, count Oscar’s live-apart partner, Oscar’s memories sound a little strange, she has never been in Haga Palace before and now it is renovated and there was a lot of modern art on the walls. But Margot tells that there is a painting with queen Désirée with the first little prince Oscar on her knee.

Svensk Damtidning about Victoria working at the Royal Stables/Mews
According to Svensk Damtidning, Victoria works nowadays at the Royal Stables/Mews, not very often at the Royal Palace (the official meetings are done there though). A source tells to SD, that Victoria feels that at the Royal Palace everything is so formal, and not so suitable for a modern family with children. The court has an office at the Royal Stables. According to SD Victoria is using also Madeleine's apartment which is empty almost all the time. The nanny can stay there with Oscar. It is so much more relaxed and familiar setting, Victoria can put the pram outdoors to the garden so that Oscar gets fresh air. And Estelle loves the stable cat Oscar, and the horses. She has her new pony Viktor there and is often at the stables helping to take care of that. The Royal Stables is also closer to Estelle's preschool Lilla Kvikkjokk. And because Lilla Kvikkjokk is parent cooperative, Victoria is much more involved with it now than when Estelle was at her previous preschool.

Last edited:
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson tells at her blog, that Victoria attended yesterday her friend Josephine Zapata Génetay's 40th birthday party. Josephine's mother Agneta was queen Silvia's close friend and queen Silvia is Josephine's godmother. Josephine's mother died of cancer when she was eight years old, and the queen has been an important person in Josephine's life after that.
Alexandersson tells that Victoria sat beside Josephine at the honor table, there were almost all of their girl gang, among them Caroline Dinkelspiel, Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, Martina Gahn, Rebecka Wiiburg, Louise Gottlieb, Anna Jussil Broms, Ellen Dinkelspiel...
Kronprinsessan Victoria på 40-årsfest för Josephine Génetay _ Hovbloggen

Expressen has a blurry photo of Victoria at her friend Josephine Zapata Génetay's 40th birthday party last week, taken by one of the guests who told to Expressen that it was great to meet some girls whom she hadn't met for a while and the food was amazing. Madeleine was also invited but didn't attend, but congratulated Josephine in Instagram. The party was held at a villa where Josephine's father lives, close to Drottningholm Palace. Margareta Thorgren said to Expressen that will not comment this.
Victoria fest med vännerna – dagen innan Nobelfesten _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Josephine told to Svensk Damtidning, that it was a girls' dinner for her 40 closest friends and it was very private and cozy.
It might be that Josephine is sad after having seen this photo from the party given to Expressen.

Last edited:
Britta Svensson wrote at her chronicle in Expressen yesterday about the Christmas greeting of the Crown princess family, Estelle’s future and Daniel’s role.

That is why the Princes are so alike
What will Estelle become? A future Queen is the obvious answer. But of what kind? Will there be most of Victoria in her, or Daniel? Will she be common or royal?

The video clip where Victoria and Daniel walk in the woods with the children is amazing. Who would have expected that kind of Christmas Greeting? Everyone looks so incredibly common out.
At the issue of Svensk Damtidning, there was a photo of Estelle and Daniel at Metro Station. Estelle at the metro! According to Damtidning Daniel shows actively to Estelle how ordinary life goes outside the Palace. If it is true or not I do not know. But the film from Tyresta Forest suggests undeniably on it. Because there the Crown princess family is so common that one would have to look after properly to see who they are, if you met them in the woods.
Just like that, we spent most weekends when I grew up. The whole family went into the woods, picked berries, mushrooms and grilled sausages. My guess is that it was a typical weekend for Daniel in the family Westling during his own childhood. He is so incredibly relaxed in the video, at home.
According to Damtidning Daniel is the one who takes with Estelle on the "normal" things like Kolmården, pizzeria and Kulturhuset. When I saw the photo of them in the subway, I got a snapshot in my mind of how it is to be Prince Daniel. Wanting to salvage something of himself in his daughter. That she should be able to understand his father like he understands himself. Far away from the royal life.

So far, the Swedish people have only seen one side of the experiment: the totally successful impression Estelle, soon 5, gives in public. She is funny, cheerful and caring. She seems to understand her public role with a relaxad self-evidence that is closest to the incredible at such a small person.

Daniel Westling amazed all with his wedding speech. We saw him properly for the first time, how he sounds, how he is, how he takes control of a situation. His father Olle delivered his speech with the same kind of gravitas.
- She is very aware of the class contempt that was against him, said Herman Lindqvist about Victoria's and Daniel's relationship in Expressen’s interview in 2009.

Despite this, Daniel must at a fairly early stage have discovered that his parents had given him something the royal couple were unable to give Victoria. Victoria had hardly a normal family life with her parents. All royal children have told how much their parents were away. Daniel has something that Victoria doesn't - and he tries to give it to Estelle. In time, her mother's long experience about to be brought to the regent takes over.
It is fascinating to think about how Estelle will be as a queen. You who are young now, maybe you see it around 2070.
In the TV series "The Crown", Prince Philip's struggles to fit into the role as Elizabeth II's husband are depicted. Martin Charteris, the Queen's secretary, has said that "Prince Philip is the only man in the world who treats the queen as any other human being ... and she appreciates that very much".
I think of how Prince Daniel puts his arm around Crown Princess Victoria in the film from Tyresta, as if they were any couple. I think he, like Prince Philip, has found a way to support a wife born to wear a heavy crown on her head.
Britta Svensson_ Därför är prins Daniel så lik prins Philip _ Britta Svensson _ Expressen

Last edited:
Daniel visited on 13th October Skellefteå with Prince Daniel's Fellowship Entrepreneurial Programme.
The Skellefteå municipality gave Daniel a very visible welcome
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=418bbe0d3462fe0c9c6521eb804b47d8&oe=58E20FC2

The former editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, Karin Lennmor, said at an interview in January, that she is a Republican privately but a Royalist on her job. Lennmor laughed at an interview in September, that two days after she had said at an interview that she is a Republican, she met Victoria and Daniel. They laughed and said: "Oh how fun, now we get to meet a Republican."
Karin Lennmor om sin kungliga sorti - Mediefolk

So we see that Victoria and Daniel follow the media very strict.

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and children were seen today walking at central Stockholm.

Prince Daniel steered the pram with little prince Oscar, at his side, he had brilliantly cheerful Crown Princess Victoria and Estelle who drove around on her little scooter.
- It was nice to see them as a normal and common family, says Baltovic Djordje who managed to see the royals at Sveavägen between Rådmansgatan and Hötorget.
Estelle had a big blue fluffy hat on, a pink jacket which she matched with a pink scarf and sunglasses. She drove around with her blue scooter.
- I greeted and then Crown Princess Victoria nodded back with a laughter, so that was nice, he says to Aftonbladet.
- It was very relaxed.
Kronprinsessfamiljen på stadstur på nyårsdagen _ Aftonbladet

Estelle looks cool.

Last edited:
Love seeing this family in a normal casual setting :flowers:

Estelle looks positively cool. And looks to be having a ball :D

Victoria is surprisingly under dressed considering how bundled up her husband and daughter are. I guess she us thick skinned like me, I always seem under dressed compared to others in winter.

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Griffins Steakhouse at the Waterfront Building in Stockholm. The restaurant was opened six years ago and SD writes that Daniel eats there sometimes with his friends.

And program leader Ann-Marie Rauer, who is praised of her interviews at SVT's "Sverige!" says at her interview in Svensk Damtidning, that her dream guests would be Victoria an Daniel. Rauer would like to discuss with them about their work and tasks on a personal level, since they have very special jobs.

Last edited:
Better versions of the new family photo taken by photographer Anna-Lena Ahlström, from Svensk Damtidning and Expressen.

The postcard is on sale at the Royal Gift Shops and Svensk Damtidning tells that it is one of the photos which were taken of the family to their private Christmas cards. This one Victoria and Daniel chose to publish as a postcard.
Ny bild på prins Oscar – se den här! _ Svensk Damtidning
Sanningen om Victorias nya familjebild _ Svensk Damtidning

HQ version in Expressen
Information officer Ulrika Näsholm from the court said to Expressen, that the photo was taken in the autumn.
Why hasn't this been released on the internet as you do with many other photos?
- Some photos we make to exclusive postcards to the Royal Gift Shops. This is such a photo.
After the great attention the court has chosen to publish the picture even in the media - and Expressen can now show the high resolution version of the great photo of the family.
Hovets nya bild på Victoria, Daniel, Estelle och Oscar _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Expressen writes that Victoria and the whole family are on a private trip.
According to information Expressen has got, the family has gone to USA. The court doesn't confirm or deny this information.
- I can only say that the Crown Princess is on a private trip, says Margareta Thorgren, director of the press department.
With the whole family?
- Yes, with the whole family.
Can you tell us when they come home?
- No.
So far, the court's official calendar for Crown Princess Victoria's work is empty.
This doesn't mean that she doesn't have any commitments going forward, because the calendar is updated continuously and only with a selection of things to do.
One activity that the court has not yet published, for example, is that Victoria attends the conference Baltic Sea the Future in Stockholm.
The conference, which is about the future of the Baltic Sea, begins March 6th with an opening speech by Crown Princess Victoria. Ulrika Näsholm, information officer at the court, confirms the task.
- The Crown Princess has a deep commitment to the Baltic Sea and by participating at the conference the Crown Princess highlights the importance that together, we must work to ensure that the Baltic Sea is a healthy sea.
Victoria på semester med hela familjen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
On 2nd March is Prince Oscar's first birthday - and in connection with that dad Daniel cuts down his official work events, which also Svensk Damtidning has reported.
- That's right. In the near future Prince Daniel focuses on the family and the children, says the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren.
But the court doesn't want to say that he is on a parental leave, because royals like ministers, for example, do not apply for compensation from the Social Insurance Agency. Instead, it is called to be "at home with the children."
- When one is royal you have some official functions. But to the extent that it is possible to plan for, Prince Daniel will focus on family and children, says Thorgren.
Daniel said at an interview with Aftonbladet:
- My dad was on maternity leave with both me and my sister in the early 70s. So for me it was natural to be home with my children. I think that there are many professions where only a few men are on parental leave. And I think it's a pity because you get the most out of being with your children and get to know them that way.
Prince Daniel's vision has not changed since the leave with Estelle - so he will thus be at home in the same way with Prince Oscar.
- It is a choice that many parents do, and even the Crown Princess Couple. They think that it is important to focus on the family when the children are young, says Margareta Thorgren.
Prins Daniel går på föräldraledighet – mer tid med barnen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
:wub::wub::wub:
wonderful pics, especially the second one with the 2 kids only
Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom