Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, as much as I love seeing the little family, I am glad there are no photos when we get these sightings. I hated the close up photos of Maddie and her kids eating, it was so intrusive. :bang:

Oscar has his grandfather's name but christening him on the day his grandpa sacrificed a kidney to Daniel, may be seen as a tribute to Olle.

Not to me. Then again, Daniel's lucky where his Kidney came from his Dad and they can celebrate that day as the day he was able get his life back. Unlike me where I can never forget somewhere out there on December 10th there's a Family remembering the day they lost someone they loved very much. I do mark the day and will be forever grateful, but I don't celebrate it, or perhaps I don't feel it right to do so.

There's far more to Transplantation than " Just a delicate Surgery..", but I guess it's something you need to experience in some manner to get that. Which is something I would never wish on anyone. Understanding, yes, but never the first hand kind such as myself and my Family/Friends or Daniel, Victoria and their Family/Friends and thousands around the World have experienced.

I can assure you. It is far, far more than "Just a delicate Surgery..."

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
And on that note, let's return to the topic of this thread.

Last edited:
I must say, as much as I love seeing the little family, I am glad there are no photos when we get these sightings. I hated the close up photos of Maddie and her kids eating, it was so intrusive. :bang:

Yeah, that is true, but I would looooove to see new pics of little Oscar. This time I have the impression, they are more reluctant with sharing new pics. For example, why were they not sharing more pics from the photoshoot with Mum and Baby.... obviously there have been made more than just the one.....
Haaach..... :eek::cool:.... cannot wait to see more of them....
BYe Bine

Expressen publishes a photo of Victoria, Daniel and Oscar walking in Djurgården a couple of weeks ago - a photo taken from Instagram. Expressen tells that together with another couple they walked along the canal and up to popular Källhagens Värdshus. Princess Estelle was next and they had even a small kick scooter with them. So it seems that Expressen has contacted the woman who put the photo to her Instagram.
Expressen is also curious if Oscar is having the same pram than Estelle had, and tells that the court hasn't commented if it is the same pram.
Victoria och Daniel på barnvagnstur med prins Oscar _ Nyheter _ Expressen

The photo in Instagram, taken on 9th April
Passerade de här eminenta personerna på dagens promenad #prinsessanvictoria #p... | Iconosquare

It seems that Expressen has changed a little it's attitude to photos of the crown princess family. When Estelle was born, the editor in-chiefs of Expressen and Aftonbladet said that they don't publish paparazzi or social media photos of the family in their private time, if the court gives photos to the media. They have kept their promise quite well so far.

The Municipality of Solna has invited Crown Princess Victoria to plant a new tree in Överjärva Gård. The King's 20 year-old oak tree has already died.
Mayor Pehr Granfalk has written a letter to Crown Princess Victoria and invited her to Solna, to plant a tree on Överjärva Gård.
The background to the letter is that when the king was on Eriksgata (Royal tour in Sweden) in Solna in 1996 so he planted an oak tree at Överjärva fGård. The oak has already died and now the municipality wants to replace it with a more vigorous tree.
Mayor Granfalk writes that they adapt the time and date for the Crown Princess's schedule, or that if she isn't able to come, someone from the royal family can come in her place.
"Planting can also be carried out as to note HM King Carl XVI Gustaf seventieth birthday or the new family member Prince Oscar," Granfalk ends the letter.
Solna stad bjuder in kronprinsessan _ Mitt i

Daniel of Sweden His Love makes Victoria strong
Daniel von Schweden_ Seine Liebe macht Victoria stark _ BUNTE.de

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning tells, that when Daniel was in Germany last week, Victoria picked Estelle from her preschool a little earlier than usual, and they went to Ulriksdals Trädgårdscafeet in Solna. The cafe was rather empty then. Someone who saw them, tells that Victoria had a blue college and a blue cap, hair at a ponytail. Oscar seemed to be at sleep at his blue Brio pram. Estelle held on the pram and looked happy. Estelle had a lilac wind jacket and hair on a ponytail like her mom. Victoria had with her three SÄPO-guards, one man who went in before Victoria and a man and a woman that came in after them.
No photos of their trip at the article.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is true, but I would looooove to see new pics of little Oscar. This time I have the impression, they are more reluctant with sharing new pics. For example, why were they not sharing more pics from the photoshoot with Mum and Baby.... obviously there have been made more than just the one.....
Haaach..... :eek::cool:.... cannot wait to see more of them....
BYe Bine

I could be wrong but I always got the impression they didn't release more photos of Oscar yet because of Sofia. They wanted to keep attention and interest on CP and Sofia's baby. Hopefully as we get closer to the baptism we will get more of the photos from the photo shoot. We definitely need one with Daniel included.

But as much as I want some photos (maybe we will also get some of all the grandkids including Oscar and Alex for the king's birthday), I still would rather wait then get intrusive IPhone shots while they are out and about privately with the kids.

Victoria's interview at the website of Gundua Foundation, she has been the patron of the Foundation since it was founded in 2007, the idea had come already in 2006:
Crown Princess Victoria is a committed patron of the Gundua Foundation. The Crown Princess takes her assignment very seriously and looks forward to continuing the work with the foundation’s investment in education and health care in Ex-Lewa.
"I am involved in a number of foundations and charities, and many of them involve working with children. It is impossible not to be inspired by my mother, who always has been a driving force for the World Childhood Foundation. The purpose – to improve the conditions for prosperity and democracy in poor countries through concrete investment in education – is naturally very urgent. The foundation could present a thorough and concrete plan for its first first project, the school in Ex-Lewa, Kenya. That is why I chose to accept the patronage of Gundua Foundation.
Almost ten years have passed since the idea for the foundation was first conceived, and I have had the pleasure to be its Patron from the start. It has been both inspiring and instructive to follow the development and see what a difference a Swedish non-profit initiative can do in so many children’s lives. The inauguration of Gundua Secondary School 2009 is a fond memory, with happiness, hope and optimism mixed with immense pride in the local traditions."
More at the interview
The Crown Princess _ Gundua Foundation

Last edited:
Expressen Kvällsposten has an article about that Daniel hopes that people would donate more organs.

Prince's appeal to the Swedish people
To live with an organ that is not functioning properly can be both heavy and painful. Prince Daniel knows that. He was born with a kidney disease that made him at the age of 35 to so bad shape that he needed to be transplanted, a year before his wedding with Crown Princess Victoria. The couple beamed with love. But inwardly Prince Daniel was tormented of his disease. Only the very nearest knew that he was seriously ill.
- To feel as bad as I did is really nothing I want anyone to have to go through, says Prince Daniel.
The rescue was within the family. It was Olle Westling, Prince Daniel's 64-year-old father, who could help his son out of the painful period, by donating one of his kidneys to him.
- Before I got a new kidney, I went in dialysis several times a week. Thanks to my dad, I knew it was a temporary period, says Prince Daniel.
He feels very grateful to have been given a new chance to a healthy life. Only 30 percent of all who need a new kidney have someone in the family who wants to and is able to donate.
- I am very grateful. To give a human life again is probably the best thing to do. I have been extremely lucky to have someone in my immediate family who could - and did - give an organ.
For most, a donated organ from a deceased person is often the only way to achieve the dream of a transplant. The majority of those who are in need of a new kidney, are put to the waiting list. And it is long.

Prince Daniel knows how it feels to live with a sick organ, and he feels with those who in the end haven't had the same luck as him. But it could be different, according to the prince.
- Of course, I have become more aware of the problem that so few have decided whether they want to donate. Today, over 800 Swedes are in line to get a new organ and every year over 100 people die when they are waiting. Many die quite unnecessarily because more people haven't made a decision.
The Prince's parents have got involved in the issue after seeing their son sick. Olle Westling is now on the board of the Kidney Association.
- It is not strange to get involved when it has happened to one's own child, says Håkan Hedman, President of the Swedish Kidney Association
Reduced renal function he describes as a hidden disease, something every tenth Swede is affected by one way or another. Hedman believes that the Prince's kidney transplantation has meant a popular knowledge lift in both the issue of kidney diseases, organ donation and the importance of taking a position on it.
- He has given the face to a kidney transplantation. He is an excellent ambassador, says Hedman.
And the prince himself is clear about his message:
- If you are willing to receive an organ, you should also be prepared to give an organ.
Prins Daniels uppmaning till svenska folket _ Kvällsposten
Translation

Last edited:
Thank you for this LadyFinn. We are indeed very lucky to have him as an Ambassador for Organ Donation and Awareness.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Crown Princess Victoria's Fund (Kronprinsessan Victoria's Fond/Victoriafonden) collected more than 8,5 million SEK in 2015. An important occasion to get donations to the Fund is the TV-concert on crown princess Victoria's birthday. At the TV-program was informed of the Fund's work and the viewers were given the opportunity to text or call in a contribution. 1,630,000 people watched at the program and almost 1,8 million SEK came in.
One of the associations that have received grants from the Crown Princess Victoria's Fund was RG Aktiv Rehabilitering. For twenty-fifth year the association organized a camp for children with disabilities with the goal that the children could practice their independence. Many of the leaders are using the wheelchair themselves, they support and give advice, but the kids get to practice to fend for themselves as much as possible. But the most fun for the kids anyway is to meet other children with similar conditions. It allows them to develop, inspire and increase belief in themselves and their capabilities. Also among other things, the Autism and Asperger Association got funds to a summer camp in Skåne for four weeks for children and their families, The Swedish Deaf Sports Federation organized a winter camp in Idre and Disabled Sailing Club Wind Friends arranged a sailing camp on Lovön.
The Crown Princess Victoria's Fund delivered money (4,869,063 SEK) to 239 activities in 2015.
A lot of information of the Fund's work at the Annual Report of Radiohjälpen (Victoria's Fund co-operates with Radiohjälpen).
Radiohjälpen årsb 2015

Last edited:
Expressen Kvällsposten published on 24th April the article where Daniel told about his kidney disease and hoped that more Swedes would register themselves as donors.

130 000 read about Prince Daniel's operation
During 13 days, Kvällsposten wrote articles about organ donation with #enandrachans.
The serie has received much attention. Prince Daniel chose to stand and tell about his own kidney transplant.
- When I got my new kidney I came back to life, he said in the serie.
Organ donation is not an entirely simple matter.
But in the Kvällsposten's serie, we have managed to shed light on many aspects of the issue.
- There has been a great response to the serie and many have praised, shared their story or asked questions, says Kvällsposten's editorial director Susanne Linden.
The serie has touched many readers.
- Such major series in Kvällsposten are important to us because the issue is so unknown. Many have said "I have never thought about this." We are pleased that you have chosen to write so much about organ donation, says Emma Dalman, volunteer coordinator and responsible for media relations at MOD - More organ donation.
- All articles have been extremely widely read, many have been dealt much on Facebook. It feels good that our readers embraced this subject, Linden says.
Emma Dalman says also that the articles have been widely read:
- We think it was great fun and it's great that there were so many articles. The facts that you published have been very good. The texts have been very widely spread even in our channels. Sunday's text about Prince Daniel, who is our patron, has reached 130 000 people, she concludes.
130 000 läste om prins Daniels njurtransplantation _ Kvällsposten
Translation

The article is also at the website of MOD - Mer organdonation
130 000 läste om prins Daniels operation - MOD

Daniel attends at the XXVIII Congress of the Scandinavian Transplantation Society on 11th May.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning had on Sunday an article about people who are closest to Victoria

Colleagues
The Crown Princess is an extremely diligent and ambitious woman. When she doesn't have official commitments out in Sweden or abroad, she is usually at the Royal Palace and works. She reads on about things that should be done, plugs speeches or sits at meetings. She has her own secretary who keeps track of her royal schedule, but it is the Marshal of the Court, the Head of the Crown Princess's Household, Karolin A Johansson with whom the Crown princess works closest. Another woman close to the crown princess is Tina Törnqvist, chambermaid and stylist since 2008.
Husband
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel met in 2001 and have been almost inseparable since. They share lots of common interests, they exercise together, like to go for walks and appreciate the same kind of music. Even closer they have been since the wedding when they started to go to trips together.
- It is incredibly fun, and so safe and nice. You get the support, you get someone to discuss with. Someone to talk to about all the experiences afterwards, said the Crown Princess in autumn 2010 in China, during the couple's first long trip together.
The family
Crown Princess Victoria and the king have a very special band because he is the regent and she the heir apparent. Queen Silvia is Victoria's greatest role model, and the Queen has given to Victoria lots of advice, of course, mainly as a mother, but also as a royal woman to another. Victoria has all these years been a real big sister, she was in charge of Madeleine and Carl Philip, was a bit like an extra mother. It is still like that. When Madeleine in 2010 felt unwell after she split from Jonas Bergström and therefore suspended her program items the crown princess did the job for her little sister.
Best friends
Crown Princess and her best friends have been together since high school. There's a girl gang that has persisted: Leonie Persson, Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, Martina Gahn, Andrea Brodin, Caroline Dinkelspiel, Anna Jussil Broms, Sofia Högberg, Sophie Josefsson, Rebecka Wiiburg, Josephine Génetay and Louise Lindh.
People with power
At the circle around Victoria are entrepreneurs, media personalities and economists ... But the most powerful of them is probably Karl-Johan Persson, CEO of H & M.
Fashion designers
- For me, the Swedish fashion is something to be proud of, the crown princess has said. In recent years she has many times worn outfits from Greta, a brand created by Josefin and Hanna Olsson. Also Mayla, Marlene Abraham's brand, is a favorite. She often wears jewelry from Charlotte Bonde Design and Sophie by Sophie.
Hairdresser
Hair stylist Peter Andersson made Victoria's hairdo at her wedding. Both before and after the wedding, Peter has fixed her hair several times - always with completely amazing results.
The royal colleagues
The Crown Princess is closest with her young colleagues in the Scandinavian royal houses, Mette-Marit and Haakon of Norway and Frederik and Mary of Denmark. Also Maxima and Willem-Alexander are close friends to Victoria and Daniel.
Nannies
Elisabeth Zimmermann was Victoria's nanny, and Carl Philip's and Madeleine's. When Estelle was born, Victoria hired Elisabeth, she has a tremendous confidence in Elisabeth and thinks very highly of her. Today, they have a close friendship. Others close to the Crown Princess are nannies Katie and Adeline.
Victorias nätverk – här är personerna som står henne närmast _ Svensk Damtidning

A person writes at the comments that Victoria was at the weekend shopping in Borgholm, she bought a white Filippa K blouse and a pink of the same brand in Lavendel, owner Jeanette Beermann, then she went to Nyström shoes and bought a pair of golden Ecco sandals.

ROYAL: Personen, die Victoria auf dem Königinnenweg nahe stehen

Last edited:
Expressen tells that Victoria took Estelle and Oscar on Saturday to a boat trip to Utö.
Despite a chilly Saturday Crown Princess Victoria defied the weather and took Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar on a summer outing - by boat to Utö in the Stockholm archipelago.
Crown Princess Victoria had chosen to go to Utö and just in time for lunch, mother and daughter went to Utö Värdshus with little prince Oscar in the pram.
According to a witness the crown princess sat with her children openly in the restaurant's dining room. Prince Oscar was mostly asleep, but looked up occasionally when ended up in the arms of her mother.
- It's very nice and appreciative that the crown princess comes here and wants to eat lunch here, says Johan Giray, the restaurant's headwaiter who was on duty at the royal visit.
Giray tells that the Crown Princess eat the butter-fried fish with asparagus. Princess Estelle chose something sweeter.
- Estelle ate pancakes with jam and cream and drank water to it. She thought the pancakes were good, says Johan Giray.
Prince Oscar is still too small for "fast" food.
- He was most time in the pram and slept.
According to Giray and a restaurant guest the guests were in great spirits. Estelle walked around and greeted a dog.
After lunch, the Crown Princess and Princess Estelle took a walk with Prince Oscar. During the walk, the little princess was carried by the nanny.
When the clock was approaching 15.30 in the afternoon it was time to end the trip on Utö.
The court doesn't comment on if the visit to Utö was planned earlier.
- I have no comment on what the crown princess is doing on her free time, Margareta Thorgren said.
Victoria med prins Oscar och prinsessan Estelle på båttur _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
On 5th June in Djurgården will be opened an exhibition of works of Tony Cragg.
The exhibition has been initiated by Prince Daniel and will be arranged by Galleri Andersson/Sandström in association with the Royal Djurgården Administration. The exhibition will be on display from 5 June until 28 October 2016.
A unique sculpture exhibition will open on Djurgården in June, featuring works by one of the art world's most notable artists, Tony Cragg. Preparations are already under way on Djurgården for five spectacular sculptures. One of the pieces, Points of View, stands approximately 6.5 metres tall, and is made from stainless steel.
The exhibition on Djurgården will consist of five monumental sculptures, with two being positioned by the water below Rosendal Palace and the other pieces being installed along the shore path below the National Museum of Science and Technology and the Museum of Ethnography.
Tony Cragg on Djurgården – unique sculpture exhibition opens in June - Sveriges Kungahus

TONY CRAGG AT DJURGÅRDEN _ Galleri Andersson_Sandström

Stefan Sandström from Galleri Andersson/Sandström told in April to SVT, that the Crown Princess couple visited Umeå during it's year as the Capital of Culture when they were it's patrons and they saw the sculpture park there. And to put it short, now the exhibition is on its way to Djurgården on Daniel's initiative.
Skulpturer intar Djurgården - Nyheter _ SVT.se

The swedish magazine Artlover has a short interview of Daniel, sculptor Tony Cragg has put a photo of it to his Twitter.
We can see from the photo that Daniel says that when he and his wife visited the sculpture park and the Galleri Andersson/Sandström in Umeå, he saw Tony Cragg's sculptures for the first time. He was touched to see the interaction between art and nature. The thought to show the sculptures and to make it possible to many people to see them felt totally right and he is very happy that it becomes a reality.
https://twitter.com/CraggOfficial/status/732839652382650368

I hope that the whole Daniel's interview in Artlover will be available soon.

Last edited:
The biggest finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat tells, that Daniel has bought a painting from finnish artist Anna Tuori.
At the large "Some casual shout that broke the silent air" painting can be seen in a dreamlike gymnastics scene.
The work is placed in the home of Prince Daniel and Crown Princess Victoria, Haga Palace in Solna.
In April Anna Tuori's (b. 1976) works were presented, as well at the Cologne Art Fair and in the Market Stockholm-Fair, where Prince Daniel purchased the painting.
"Awfully nice was the fact that he spent a long time in front of the painting, focused, and looked, and then asked questions, which expressed a sincere interest", Tuori tells about the meeting.
Tuori tells that Prince Daniel and Crown Princess Victoria collect contemporary art, and this is their first purchase in Finland.
Ruotsin prinssi Daniel osti suomalaistaiteilijan teoksen _ Nykytaide _ HS

The painting (140 cm x 130 cm, oil on board, 2016) at the website of Galerie Anhava
Galerie Anhava

Last edited:
The swedish magazine Artlover has a short interview of Daniel, sculptor Tony Cragg has put a photo of it to his Twitter.
We can see from the photo that Daniel says that when he and his wife visited the sculpture park and the Galleri Andersson/Sandström in Umeå, he saw Tony Cragg's sculptures for the first time. He was touched to see the interaction between art and nature. The thought to show the sculptures and to make it possible to many people to see them felt totally right and he is very happy that it becomes a reality.
https://twitter.com/CraggOfficial/status/732839652382650368

I hope that the whole Daniel's interview in Artlover will be available soon.

And now there is a photo of the whole Daniels interview in Artlover.
Daniel is asked where his interest to art comes from? He tells that as a child, he visited museums and on a few occasions local artists with his parents. At home were grandmother's weaves on the wall and paintings by artists from the area, much more than that, it has not been. He is not grown up in an environment where there has been strong interest in art, more generally, on the other hand interest in theater was substantial.
It is really only in the last 10-15 years he has begun to think about what art can tell, how it describes past and present, and how it affects us. He has traveled a lot both in Sweden and abroad and met many impressive and creative artists. His interest in art has just begun and it is so exciting to be introduced to a new world.
He hopes that, through this initiative, more people could open their eyes to different art expressions. In the same way that his curiosity has been brought to life.
https://tonycraggpadjurgarden.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/artlover.jpg?w=1296&h=1728

Photo of Prince Daniel in an advertisement - in Morocco, advertising for glasses.
Optique Chaab has picked up a photo of the Swedish prince to promote their glasses.
Johanna Nordin from Stockholm saw something special in Agadir in Morocco, a big billboard that spread across in the street. The sign was for a glasses shop - and there was a photo of Sweden's Prince Daniel.
When Johanna saw it at the end of the year, she was greatly surprised. She saw it by accident and thought it was great that the court has sold themselves out for advertising. She took a photo of the advertisement and posted it on Instagram, tagged royal family's account and jokingly asked if the prince may advertise that way. She received no reply from the royal family.
When Expressen contacts Margareta Thorgren, she hasn't heard of the North African advertising coup.
- Oops! Such information we must of course investigate. We have counselors that handle such things when it occurs. Now first and foremost we will find out if it is true, with this image.
It's not the first time Prince Daniel is used in advertising abroad. Last fall, he and Crown Princess Victoria appeared on a large advertising banner in Canton, China.
The court contacted the advertiser.
- It has been handled. It's important that you do it, we always do when we get this kind of information, says Thorgren.
Bild på prins Daniel i reklam – i Marocko _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has an article about Victoria and Daniel, they are having the best time of their life now.
Victorias och Daniels bästa tid är nu! _ Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning had an article in the latest issue about how Oscar's christening date is special to Daniel - on 27th May 2009 he got a new kidney from his father.
The article quotes Daniel's previous interview and his great speech at the Transplantation Jubilee in 2014.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Cufflinks and key chains are sold with Victoria's monogram...
Sporrong Products - Medals Cufflinks Emblems Buttons Pins and more - Cufflinks
Sporrong Products - Medals Cufflinks Emblems Buttons Pins and more - Keychain

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Crown Princess Victoria and Ingvar Kamprad. That's the trio Swedish people think promotes Sweden's brand best. That shows a new survey Novus made ​​on behalf of the Sveriges annonsörer (Association of Swedish Advertisers) on Sweden's National Day June 6th. Ahead of the National Day 1,000 Swedes answered who they think promotes Sweden brand best.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic topped the list as the Swedes' favorite with 50 %. Almost as many (47%) responded Crown Princess Victoria and one in three (33%), IKEA's Ingvar Kamprad as their favorite. King Carl XVI Gustaf is ranked in fourth place (31%), followed by actress Alicia Vikander (13%).
The strongest support Zlatan has in western Sweden, where 56 percent have him as the favorite, but among women (58%) and older, 65-79 years (63%) the Crown Princess is the most popular.
The people answered to the question: Who (max 3) of the following people do you think best promotes the brand Sweden?
Zlatan och Kronprinsessan svenskarnas favoriter - Sveriges Annonsörer
Translation

Kronprinsessan Victoria toppar ny lista _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
I'm surprised that the king came so close to the top list... I thought he was much less popular... I had no doubt about Victoria ;-)

When you are the leader or the monarch in office, more often than not, you are always less popular than the next person in line. Once the next person comes into office, the same thing will apply, eg. Queen Victoria vs. CP Estelle.
In the UK for example, Prince William polls better than P.of.Wales Charles, but William will also in the future get the same comparison with Prince George.
In the USA, another different kind of example, the First Ladies always polls better than the Presidents; because they’re not making any meaningful decisions, hence they are not stepping on others’ toes.

The turkish press writes that Victoria and Daniel (and Estelle) are on a holiday in Turkey, they arrived at Turkey Milas-Bodrum Airport yesterday evening (the press writes that the couple arrived with their 6 year old daughter Emma). Today, the they went to the yacht 'Lady Britt' owned by Swedish businessman Sten Warborn, ceo and owner of swedish jeweller group Iduna. The photos are confusing.
Bodrum kraliyet ailesini ağırlıyor foto galerisi
Kraliyet ailesi Türkiye'ye geldi! - Sanal Medya

Sten Warborn told in April why he charters out his yacht Lady Britt
Sten Warborn_ Why I charter out my luxury yacht Lady Britt _ Boat International

Some articles say that Victoria and Daniel came without the children, celebrating their wedding anniversary.

And while the turkish press writes that Victoria and Daniel are in Turkey, this young man has a photo at his Instagram, where he tells that he was with Daniel on Tuesday 21st June at the Kolmården Wildlife Park in Sweden:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG8eV11GXIg/?taken-by=wirrou

According to this message, Daniel was at Kolmården with Estelle:
https://twitter.com/AsaMardskog/status/745213433935691777
More tweets
"Princess Estelle and Daniel bought popcorn from me today, Estelle likes monkeys best"
https://twitter.com/annanascarlsson/status/745241956893229056
"When Princess Estelle comes to visit grandfather's elephants" (The King's elephants are at Kolmården)
https://twitter.com/M__Gustafsson/status/745316739630641152

yah, I've read contrasting news about the couple being in Turkey. I wish the press would check their sources first.

Last edited:
From Expressen:
Daniel and Estelle went to Kolmården in Östergötland - Estelle's duchy - to watch the animals and visit popular World of Bamse.
- It was a completely private visit, says Sylvi Bohlin, press officer at Kolmården.
The royal presence attracted the attention of several surprised employees. Amanda Samuelsson and Wictor Utter both work in the World of Bamse and when they had a break at lunchtime, a little unexpected visitors appeared.
- It was Prince Daniel and Estelle. They were there with another family, says Amanda.
To see the prince and Estelle on their job was a surprise but Wictor asked if he could take a photo with the prince, and then stood next to Daniel while Amanda photographed.
They know that Estelle and Daniel looked at the performance "Bamse och tårttjuven" (Bamse and the Cake Thief) during their visit.
It is unclear what Estelle felt about performance, but the princess's favorite was someone else.
Anna Carlsson, who lives in Kolmården near the zoo has tweeted. She stands in a cart near the new roller coaster Wildfire and sells snacks and soft drinks.
- Estelle bought popcorn and told that she had been with the monkeys, they smelled bad but were fun anyway. And she wanted to get into the cart and stand there but prince Daniel didn't allow that.
The group, which consisted of some friends of the prince, went then to the ropeway.
- There were three little girls and they seemed to have fun, says Anna Carlsson.
Estelle såg Bamse och åt popcorn på Kolmården _ Kungligt _ Expressen

It is nice that so far there aren't photos of Estelle at Kolmården, the amount of secretly taken photos of her has increased in social media during the last months.

Margareta Thorgren about the news of the family being in Turkey:
- No, no, it's not the crown princess with family, says Margareta Thorgren.
But Turkish media seems very confident of their information and publishes images?
- Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are not down in Turkey. They are at home and work. So all this is just fiction.
How Crown Princess Victoria and family celebrate midsummer?
- It is private so we do not go into that.
Nej, Estelle, Victoria och Daniel är inte i Turkiet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom