Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an honor for Prince Daniel and it's good to see him and his work recognized.

Yep! Daniel has always been a bit understimated by the court... glad he is proving them wrong!

That's a funny article! :D. At first I thought it was ridiculous, but now, after having seen the picture closer I even think Daniel has something in his face traits that reminds me of Count Carl!

Expressen has listed how good celebrities and public figures are at golf, listing their handicaps. Both Daniel and Victoria are at the list.
Daniel's handicap is 3,9
Victoria's handicap is 54 (that is the handicap for starters), obviously Victoria hasn't played in many years.
Så bra är de svenska kändisarna på golf! _ Golfbloggen

Victoria and Daniel were on 22nd November at the show of magician and entertainer John Houdi at Operakällaren. From John Houdi's website, Victoria and Daniel went to meet him after the show:
Kungligt besök i logen _ John Houdi

Prince Daniel becomes an honorary member of the PGA Sweden National
The golf facility PGA Sweden National gets royal splendor. The club's newest honorary member is namely the devoted golfer Prince Daniel.
- Of course it is an honor for the club that Prince Daniel agreed to become our honorary member, said Ove Sellberg, the ceo of PGA National.
Prince Daniel played at the pro-am event in Nordea Masters last Summer on the Lakes Course. He is an accomplished golfer with 4.0 handicap.
- Unfortunately the prince can't play golf as often as he wishes. But Prince Daniel thinks it's a great honor to be asked to become an honorary member, not least in PGA National, said information officer Ulrika Näsholm, who tells that the prince is an honorary member of some other clubs.
Besides Prince Daniel, PGA Sweden National has three honorary members. Sweden's biggest golf star Henrik Stenson, golf queen Annika Sörenstam and professional golfer Peter Hanson.
Nice photo
http://www.pgaswedennational.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Mats-Prins-Daniel-Ove.jpg
The article
Prins Daniel sprider glans över PGA Sweden National _ PGA Sweden National
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria posed at a photo with this girl on Tuesday at Trysil Ski Resort in Norway. Victoria and Daniel spent the New Year in Trysil in 2012/2013 and last year.
Idag har vi åkt i backarna tillsammans med självaste Kronprinsessan👸🏽 #k... | Iconosquare

Here an article about their trip to Trysil:

Østlendingen - Tronarvingene la nyttårsfeiringen til Trysil igjen
https://translate.google.com/transl...ngen-til-trysil-igjen/s/5-69-11158&edit-text=

That's great! I think it has a lot to do with the fact that she is part german!

Expressen writes about Daniel's Rolex watch, which was seen on him for the first time in the beginning of December.
Jesper Marchesini from Nymans Ur says that Daniel's Rolex is a classic watch. Daytona is the hardest model to overcome by Rolex. There are very few that come on the market every year and therefore Daytona has become so desirable. Marchesini says that what he can see Daniel's watch is an old Daytona with the old clockwork from the nineties. A really nice and lovely watch. It is one of the most classic watches. An icon among watches. A new one in the shop costs today 297 000 SEK. A secondhand watch is much cheaper but if it is in good condition, it has a good market price.
Prins Daniel har skaffat sig en Rolex för 300 000 kronor _ Dina Pengar

Last edited:
Radiohjälpen has granted from the Crown Princess Victoria's Fund in 2015 nearly 5 million SEK for activities for children and young people with disabilities or chronic illness. Radiohjälpen is a swedish help organisation and foundation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAkIMDhxBE1/

The Fund was launched in 1997 as Radiohjälpen's National Day fundraising to Crown Princess Victoria's Fund, when Crown Princess Victoria agreed to be patron of the Fund. Until 2001 the gathering activities concentrated in the celebration of the National Day at Skansen in Stockholm but starting from 2002 the focus has been on the Crown Princess Victoria's birthday celebration in Borgholm. The fund's objective is to enable children and young people with disabilities and / or chronic illness to have an active leisure time. The Board of Radiohjälpen decides on the projects to be supported, based on the evidence Radiohjälpen's national working committee produces. At the Board are representatives from the Equipment And Services For The Disabled, Radiohjälpen's General Secretary and a representative from the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.
Kronprinsessan Victorias fond _ SVT.se

Victoria and Daniel attended at industrialist Jacob Wallenberg's 60th birthday party last Saturday. The theme of the evening was airplane and Jacob Wallenberg was of course the captain. The party started at 18.00, there was 320 guests, the welcoming drink was served at the exhibition of Paul Klee and Ivan Aguéli at the Moderna Museet. The dinner was served at Eric Ericson Hall. Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel are used to private society parties, but when they got the invitation, they might have been a little surprised: The dress code was black tie - with sneakers.
Victoria wore a fake fur coat over her dress.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010050011K1453371604314459

Jacob Wallenberg is a friend of the royal family and has a lot of collaboration with the royal family, among other things he is the member of the Board of King Carl XVI Gustaf's, Queen Silvia's and Crown Princess Victoria's Foundations for Scientific Research and Training.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the International Hugging Day. The day started in the USA 30 years ago and has spread to other countries.
Quicktake/SSI made in January a poll with 923 people answering, from 20 to 70 years of age, whom they want to hug. They were given a list to choose whom they wanted to hug.
Victoria came first with 13 %, second was the cross country skier, olympic champion Charlotte Kalle with 11 % and third composer and musician Anders Bagge and TV-host Mark Levengood, both with 9 %.
I dag firas kramdagen – här är kändisarna vi kramar helst - Barometern

Last edited:
While some of it is the glasses and the hair style, there is a bit more perhaps. Neither man is/was hard on the eyes:flowers:

Victoria is the godmother of Brig Tre Kronor. There is a photo of her and her signature at the brig.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lQn8FaOZrKI/UlVK5mtvBII/AAAAAAAAA-8/gZUJy2Shfio/s1600/tre_victoria.jpg

Press release from today:
HRH Crown Princess Victoria is the Patron for National Geographic Society Science and Exploration Europe

National Geographic Society Science and Exploration Europe announced today that HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will be the official patron for the organization for the next five years.
The National Geographic Society is a global nonprofit organization driven by a passionate belief in the power of science, exploration, education and storytelling to change the world. Since 1888, the Society has funded hundreds of research and conservation projects around the globe each year and works to inspire, illuminate and teach through scientific expeditions, award-winning journalism and education initiatives.
“We are delighted to have Crown Princess Victoria as patron,” says Joakim Mörnefält, Executive Director, National Geographic Society Science and Exploration Europe. ”Her support reinforces the continued importance of National Geographic’s legacy and mission to provide the world with scientific breakthroughs and discoveries that inspire people to care about the planet. Over the next few years, we hope that Crown Princess will participate in our activities and visit some of our National Geographic-funded Explorers in the field.”
HRH Crown Princess Victoria is the Patron for National Geographic Society Science and Exploration Europe – National Geographic Society Press Room

Last edited:
According to Tre Kronors Facebook page (the swedish national hockey team), the crown princess and her family will attend the hockey match between Sweden and Finland, taking place in Stockholm.
https://www.facebook.com/trekronorse/

Urban Ahlin, the Speaker of the Riksdag (The Parliament), has given an interview to Svensk Damtidning.
At the interview it is written that after Ahlin became a Speaker, also his wife has many representation tasks, like at the official dinners at the Royal Palace and at the Nobel festivities. Jenni Ahlin works as a family and cultural editor at newspaper Mariestads-tidningen.
Urban Ahlin says: "Prince Daniel has really done a lot so that my wife would feel at home at the events", and tells that Daniel, who has also been a beginner at large official events, has shared his experiences.

Svensk Damtidning writes that "we saw" prince Daniel eat a hamburger at trendy Flippin' Burgers at Observatoriegatan in Stockholm. It is a very popular place but only now it got a royal visitor.

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel are as honorary guests at the EURO Hockey Tour Ice Hockey match Sweden-Finland at Hovet in Stockholm.
https://twitter.com/TBoustedt/status/698530146366726145

To me it seems that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are sitting in front of minister Gabriel Wikström, who has put this photo to his Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBuxPWgtT_3/?tagged=trekronor2016

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBu73a5P5k5/?taken-at=46257

Gallery. That looks to be Hedvig Blom with them.
Translation

A screenshot, the family was just shown at the live broadcast on TV and Daniel showed to Estelle that they are shown at the jumbotron and Estelle started to wave and dance.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010040021H1455381116222147

Sweden won 4-2. Margareta Thorgren to Expressen:
- We can conclude that they have been there, but it is completely private.
The Crown Princess will according to the court to become a mother for the second time in early March, and according Thorgren she is feeling good.
- All is calm, says Thorgren.
Prinsessan Estelle hejade på Tre Kronor _ Tre Kronor _ Expressen

Last edited:
Seems the family sure enjoyed themselves, especially Estelle. She was having a good old time. :D Who was the lady with them who Estelle was sitting on? I cant translate the article, google translate seems to believe it is already in English.

Seems the family sure enjoyed themselves, especially Estelle. She was having a good old time. :D Who was the lady with them who Estelle was sitting on? I cant translate the article, google translate seems to believe it is already in English.

Like I wrote to my post, it is Hedvig Blom, Daniel's niece and Estelle's cousin.

ROYAL: Der süßeste Fan heisst Estelle

Estelles glädje när ”Tre Kronor” vann _ Tre Kronor _ Landslag _ Hockey _ Sportbladet _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Sorry the Hedvig comment got lost in the rest of your post :flowers:

Nice to see Daniel's niece joining them for something. Wonder what it is like to have your Uncle suddenly be royalty? Love Estelle is close to both sides of her family.

I wonder how the family feels about being so close to the crown, to the point that their blood, Estelle, will one day be queen? It will still be the House of Bernadotte when Estelle ascends to the Silver Throne, but she is still a Westling.

I wonder how the family feels about being so close to the crown, to the point that their blood, Estelle, will one day be queen? It will still be the House of Bernadotte when Estelle ascends to the Silver Throne, but she is still a Westling.

Well you can see it from that angle. I look at it this way - it only through our naming customs that makes it so. She is just as much from her mother as she is from her father - same amount of chromosomes from each. Just as "royalty" is a concept (there is no such thing as "royal" blood"), so is the fact that Estelle is really a Wrestling. So do you think in 2-3 more generations the House of Bernadotte should be considered extinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom