Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, what a lovely sight to wake up to this morning...

Absolutely adorable. In Germany we use the term "verschmitzt" to describe Oscar's face experession, but I don't have a good translation for it. The meaning is anywhere around "cuteness and cleverness in one person".

nice that they release pictures. Estelle looks so grown up.

Last edited:
Such wonderful photos. Nice to have a whole family photo outside the baptism. The other photos since us car was born, Daniel seems to have taken.

I am in love with the photo of just the kids. Estelle is do grown up and cute, Oscar us adorable, his little expressions.

Annie Lööf inspired by Victoria's fashion style
Annie Lööf, the Centre Party leader, has been inspired again by Crown Princess Victoria's fashion style.
When the Centre Party's municipal day was held for less than a week ago and Lööf gave a speech, she wore a dress from Swedish Filippa K.
Crown Princess Victoria wore a similar dress just before Christmas, when she and Prince Daniel visited Italy for an official visit.
That Annie Lööf has been inspired by a royal in her style choices is nothing new. Svensk Damtidning has on several occasions drawn attention to how Lööf has been dressing in royalty's favorite brands.
Annie Lööf sees no problem that she occasionally dresses like the swedish royals.
- I understand that our royals also are pleased to wear these clothes and it just shows even more how good representatives the royal family are for Sweden, says Annie Lööf.
Här tar Annie Lööf stilen från Victoria – igen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Great picture , adorable little family .

Margareta Thorgren to Svensk Damtidning today:
- The Crown Princess couple is on a private trip right now.
The Crown Princess Couple has chosen to spend time with the children in February. The reason is that the children are still small and not yet attending school, a time they want to take advantage of, said the director of the press department to Svensk Damtidning.
- The trip has been planned for a long time, but because the children are with them, this is not an official trip, says Margareta Thorgren.
- The Crown Princess couple will be back in conjunction with their upcoming work engagements in March. The trip means that the Crown Princess Couple will not take part in the state visit from Canada, says Thorgren.
Hovet avslöjar_ Sanningen om Victorias frånvaro _ Svensk Damtidning
Då är Victoria tillbaka – Svensk Damtidning avslöjar _ Svensk Damtidning

That Victoria and Daniel are very close to the Danish Crown Prince couple we all know. Princess Estelle is named Mary in the middle name after her godmother, and Crown Prince Frederik became in May one of Oscar's five godparents.
Queen Margrethe at the interview of Föreningen Norden of the special relationship between the royal families.
- The crown prince is very, very good friend of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. The same is true about his relationship with Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit. They meet often, both at their homes and out in the world. They are closer with each other than I was with my cousins, as the three heirs are closer in age.
Margrethe is six years older than his cousin Swedish King Carl Gustaf.
- Then he was just a toddler, but now, when we are adults, all of us, we have come very close, Margrethe said.
And the queen's relationship with the Norwegian and Swedish royal family is a way to keep together the countries in the North, she says.
- My own family is a bridge in itself. The Nordic royal families belong together. We are really close to each other.
Margrethes fina ord om Victoria_ ”Vi hör ihop” _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
For such a long private trip was criticized the norwegian CP-couple for many years... I am curious what will be the reaction now in Sweden...

For such a long private trip was criticized the norwegian CP-couple for many years... I am curious what will be the reaction now in Sweden...

There shouldn't be any reason to criticize since Victoria has still her maternity leave left and Daniel has 90 days to use to his paternity leave. Margareta Thorgren told in January to Svensk Damtidning that Daniel is going to be on paternity leave in the spring, he is doing official work duties but a little less than normally.

Journalist Hanna Nilsson wrote at her blog a week ago about her meeting with Daniel a year ago.
"At this time last year I was especially invited to the Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences. There I had the honor to listen, meet and talk with Prince Daniel about entrepreneurship of young people. It was really an interesting evening as I recall, and Prince Daniel had lots of important things to share - among other things that one would forget "Jante Law" and invest on yourself!
It all resulted in an article in Cosmopolitan - my former job. Before publication the Royal Palace also read through it (and quotations) before the article went live on the site. It was a different kind of experience, but really fun to have been through! Why do you think? For it is not that you receive every day the honor of having to do with royalty. Prince Daniel was also extremely polite, friendly and glad. This was actually just some weeks before Crown Princess Victoria gave birth to Prince Oscar and I remember that Prince Daniel was excited ..."
Mitt möte med Prins Daniel och ABBA-legenden Björn Ulvaeus _ hann4nilsson Blogg

Last edited:
It's interesting the heir to the Swedish throne can take a few months off to spend with her children and it appears to be just fine.

I know when members of other royal houses try and prioritise family, it becomes a federal case.

It's interesting the heir to the Swedish throne can take a few months off to spend with her children and it appears to be just fine.

I know when members of other royal houses try and prioritise family, it becomes a federal case.

every full time royal take a break even the monarchs take breaks every year both the crown princess and her husband are full time royals it's appropriate that they want to take a break to spend it with their children because they are working full time the rest of the year and i think they deserve it the crown princess and princess sofia kept working full time till the last month of their pregnancy i didn't see other doing the same thing .

Last edited:
Since most people her take parental leave - both mothers and fathers - I don't think people are concerned with things that the crown prince couple do with their time off. They are just doing what a lot of other parents do.

Since most people her take parental leave - both mothers and fathers - I don't think people are concerned with things that the crown prince couple do with their time off. They are just doing what a lot of other parents do.

and the are just doing what other family members of the SRF do as well, including the Kings.

I just hope that everything is alright and there is no medical treatment of any kind going on behind the scenes.

I remember when Victoria married people speculated about how they would manage family obligations. Then when Victoria fell pregnant there was quite some spirited discussion about how both she and Daniel could or would manage as the Crown Princess couple. If I recall correctly, it was our Swedish members who informed us that parental leave was the norm for both mother and father and eventually that was formally announced. End of discussion.

How they managed that time was up to them and they seem to have done very well just like the rest of their countrymen and women. Being royal means you are an example to the country and the world and it was hardly surprising that parental leave would be a prime example of the Swedish way.

As to the notion of a health issue, there has been nothing that would indicate that is or was the case.

How they managed that time was up to them and they seem to have done very well just like the rest of their countrymen and women. Being royal means you are an example to the country and the world and it was hardly surprising that parental leave would be a prime example of the Swedish way.

Well, Swedes are kind of cool about it but this in not the case in every country, especially when those who lead by example have the luxury of having staff to look after the children, no money worries or no regular job to attend to like 'normal' people.

In Germany we have a similar maternal/paternal leave system but the ordinary working folk very often has to fight for it, many companies moan about it, especially when the male employees take it, and it can have a negative impact on the career. Theory and practice often don't match.

So Victoria and Daniel are very, very lucky that they can have their maternity/paternity leave in their very very priviledged position without being critizised for it, so go for it, of course!

According to Svensk Damtidning, Victoria, Daniel and the children were seen yesterday afternoon out at Haga Park. They seemed happy and greeted everyone they met.
Victoria och Oscar i Hagaparken | Svensk Damtidning

Victoria is number 37 at Expressen's list The Women of the Year 2017, hundred women are listed.
"Always dignified and warm. It is no wonder that the Crown Princess is the public person to have the greatest confidence of the Swedes, continually".
ÅRETS KVINNOR 2017 – Här är hela 100-listan | Expressen

Marianne Sunderland is the creator of Homeschooling With Dyslexia, a site dedicated to educating and encouraging parents to successfully homeschool their children with dyslexia.
Dyslexia Success Story_ Princess Victoria of Sweden _ Homeschooling with Dyslexia

Last edited by a moderator:
Svensk Damtidning tells about the family's trip to USA: they enjoyed about their holiday and that they could be anonymous. The family rented a big car and went to a road trip. It was also fun that many of their friends joined to their trip. According to Svensk Damtidning the photos of the trip are at a private Facebook group administrated by H&M heir Lina von Heidenstam, cousin of Karl-Johan Persson.

Daniel has since 2013 been the patron of Västgöta Nation's Male Choir Korgossarna. The choir has a new website, where it writes about it's patron:
Korgossarna has since 2013 had the great honor to have HRH Prince Daniel as patron.
The enquire was made with a letter, and to the choir's delight, Prince Daniel chose to accept. Prince Daniel and the choir have on several occasions had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with each other. For example, parts of the choir performed for Prince Daniel and HRH Crown Princess Victoria at a lunch when they had lunch with Uppsala University's Vice-Chancellor.
The choir sees, in all humility, Prince Daniel's acceptance of patronage as a recognition of the choir's success in different contexts - not least in the choir activity in Uppsala, but also in the nationwide Swedish male choir culture.
Västgöta Nations Manskör Korgossarna

Gossip webmagazine Stoppa pressarna writes that Robin Bengtsson, the winner of Melodifestivalen and swedish representative at Eurovision Song Contest, took at the final inspiration from none other than style icon Prince Daniel.
"Robin Bengtsson's secret Prince Daniel-trick"
- Robin wore a suit from Oscar Jacobson, says Johanna Boström Stone from Robin's Capitol Music Group.
The well-dressed husband of the Crown princess wears often stylish suits from the Swedish historic brand.
- Prince Daniel is a very good customer and they have a good cooperation. Oscar Jacobson is a Purveyor to the Court and dresses actually even the King and Prince Carl Philip, says Sara von Gegerfelt from Presskontakterna.
Robin Bengtssons hemliga prins Daniel-knep _ Stoppa Pressarna

Finnish Art Kaarisilta Gallery in Helsinki is focused on a specific art art. Most of the exhibitions present art from artists with special needs, such as mentally disabled and chronically ill people. Art Kaarisilta Gallery wants to make artists with special needs equally known beside other artists.

Artist Aleksi Pietikäinen has made a painting of Victoria and Estelle. The painting was at an exhibition in February-March.
http://www.artkaarisilta.fi/api/thu...a_Estelle_akryyli_72x60cm_20163.jpg&width=511

Stockholm Resilience Centre has at their annual report 2016 an article about the Dialogue in Soneva Fushi on Maldives on 11th-13th November, where Victoria was a patron of the meeting and held speeches. The centre successfully organised and convened a high-level dialogue with some of the world’s most powerful actors in the seafood industry. The result was a commitment to sustainable seafood production and improved stewardship of the oceans. The follow-up meeting will be in Stockholm this year.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

I had totally missed the event. Was it mentioned in the calendar?

I had totally missed the event. Was it mentioned in the calendar?

Nope, I have missed that as well. I have to say that I get more and more confused about what and how they communicate official engagements. Especially trips abroad are just added to the calendar without mentioning the purpose or the program. Very annoying.

Last edited:
Nope, I have missed that as well. I have to say that I get more and more confused about what and how they communicate official engagements. Especially trips abroad are just added to the calendar without mentioning the purpose or the program. Very annoying.

Margaretha Thornberg pointed out last year around the time of Queen Silvia breaking her shoulder that many engagements are never mentioned in the calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom