Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love hearing stories, but especially not seeing pictures, about Estelle. It sure sounds like she had fun with daddy seeing the animals, and with her friends :flowers:I agree with her, monkeys are some of my favorite but they do smell.:lol:

I think this is why they are so smart to include her in official events here and there. By allowing controlled access to the kids, there is not such a crazed demand. They can take the kids to a zoo and pictures don't flood twitter or media.

Daniel was one of the nominees as the recipient of Svenska Barnidrottspris (Swedish Children's Sports Prize) this year.
The justification was
"Prince Daniel has not only in words but also concretely demonstrated that he stands up for all the children's health and wellbeing. One example is the Sports Day held every year at the Haga Park. There children can in a playful way try different physical activities with the aim that it will bring joy. He has a children's perspective that reaches out to the whole community."
Svenska Barnidrottspriset _ Nomineringar 2016

The winner of the prize this year was Kalle Zackari Wahlström from TV-program ”Gympaläraren” (Gym teacher)
Svenska Barnidrottspriset _ Pressmeddelande 2016

Daniel and Kalle Zackari Wahlström take part at the seminar in Almedalen on Monday.

Last edited:
Estelle is adorable as ever :flowers:

Oscar looks a bit over dressed. He looks like he has a sweater, long pants and big socks. Then again Estelle has tights. Considering Vic is in shorts, seems the kids are a bit warmly dressed:ermm: But happy to see them out.

Daniel is third on the list of men at "De är snyggast i Almedalen" (most attractive, smart looking, stylish), done by Expressen's political reporter Niklas Svensson and his wife Lisa von Garrelts, chief editor of Life Science Sweden, of the people who were performers at the over 3800 events in Almedalen Week.
"Almedalen-debutant who drew full house when he came to the island to launch health initiative Generation Pep. Now the Prince wants to put people in motion - that the Prince moves, we already knew that, but next year we want to see him lead a morning jog along with the water. I'm in!"
De är snyggast i Almedalen 2016 _ Almedalen _ Expressen

Yes, that photo = the original photo published by the norwegian royal court has posted to this thread, and other photos from the trip to Norway to the Heirs meeting too.

:previous: oh wow. Now thats a great supporter of the couple ;)

Swedish golfer Henrik Stenson won the British Open last weekend. Stenson told on his visit to his home golf club in Barsebäck in Skåne on Tuesday, that among those who congratulated Sweden's first winner ever in men's major golf tournament are the members of the royal family.
- Yes, I have spoken with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel earlier today. It was fun. I have played golf with Daniel before. It warms my heart also. Knowing that there are many who follow me, says Henrik Stenson.
What did they say to you?
- Congratulations.
- We talked a bit more than that too, but I know that Daniel is incredibly interested in golf and has played for many years. Of course he has followed it and because he is really interested, it hooks others too. The Crown Princess is probably drawn along because of Daniel's interest. It is fun.
Henrik Stenson gratulerad av flera i kungafamiljen _ Sport KVP

do you think Victoria and danial will go to rio for the Paralympics?
if they do not go do you think its becouse they would like to have more children? i am thinking of the zika virus

It might not be because they want another baby. The virus can make you sick and Daniel has his health problems. I wouldn't blame anyone for not going their health and safety is most important

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

One reason is perhaps that Oscar is still very young, they don't want to make a long trip like that with him, or leave him in Sweden if Victoria and Daniel would both go to Rio. Victoria's calendar will be updated soon, I think, it is quite empty now.
As for the Paralympic Games 7-18 September, Alexander's christening is on the 9th, Prince Daniel's Race and Sports Day on 11th, the Opening of the Parliament on 13th (Not in the calendar yet, the whole family normally attends), and the Sweden Dinner on 16th (so far only the king and queen are listed to attend but normally the whole family minus Madeleine attend).

Swimmer Therese Alshammar, Sweden's flag bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, had a custom designed H & M dress just for her and decorations were created by pieces lodged in the clothing collection boxes around Sweden. In addition, some of the items in the collection are made of materials from recycled PET bottles.
In all the clothes that H & M have created for the Olympic Games, there are various facts about Sweden written on the garments. Among other things, the country's total population (9,767,357), Sweden's international ranking in gender equality (4) and the number of won Olympic medals (642.5).
But at the clothes are also a lot more different facts, including a royal detail, namely Prince Daniel's handicap in golf - which is 4.4.
Hemliga detaljerna i Alshammars klänning på OS-invigningen _ OS 2016 _ Expressen

That Daniel's handicap would be 4.4 is old information, now it is even better. When he golfed at Victoriagolfen in July, his handicap was 3.9.

I hope to see Victoria soon on her official engagements. She certainly has taken a long vacation this year, along with Daniel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvq19Jju78/?taken-by=jamieoliver

Surprised to see CP Victoria on Jamie Oliver's feed today in Instagram.

SOrry if this has been posted before.

Victoria's and Daniel's initiative Gen-Pep (through their Foundation) works to spread knowledge and get people involved in promoting the health of children and young people, also by getting the children to eat healthy. Jamie Oliver promotes healthy food. Jamie Oliver was one of the speakers at EAT Stockholm Food Forum in June, where Victoria attended with Mette-Marit. Victoria and Daniel spoke about child obesity and sugar tax at the interview of South African ENCA TV, by saying that it is the government that takes action with the sugar tax if needed in Sweden but it is interesting to follow the discussion. Jamie Oliver has supported the sugar tax and was delighted when the British government announced the introduction of a sugary drinks tax in 2018. So they have a lot in common.
The photo is also at Jamie Oliver's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/jamieolive...27994914806/10154127552064807/?type=3&theater

Margareta Thorgren confirms to Expressen, that Victoria and Daniel were in London on Tuesday, but didn't want to comment what they were doing there.
Prins Oscar i London med Victoria och Daniel _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
I hope to see Victoria soon on her official engagements. She certainly has taken a long vacation this year, along with Daniel.
Not really. She had a baby and it's Sweden so they are spending time with their baby like the rest of the country are entitled to after birth.

Daniel is the founder, patron and member of the Board of Stiftelsen En Frisk Generation (The Healthy Generation Foundation).
The Foundation tells at it's news that the Foundation's activity expands and as part of that the Board of the Foundation has recruited an executive chairman, Janna Hellerup Ulvselius.
The Foundation is patronized by HRH Prince Daniel, who is engaged in child and adolescent health and the newly launched organization GEN-PEP, an organization that wants to spread knowledge and commitment to the children and young people's health. "I look forward to follow the work of The Healthy Generation and welcome Janna to her new assignment", HRH Prince Daniel says.
En frisk generation _ En frisk generation ökar takten

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have been this morning at Cirkus Scott at Gärdet. It started at 11.00. Estelle sat with mom and dad, with a parent on each side of her. She looked nervously with the water bottle tightly in her hand, and got sometimes soothing hugs from father Daniel.
Afterwards, they walked around and lined up on photos with visitors, horses and ensemble.
Children's Entertainment phenomenon "Babblers" seemed to please Princess Estelle, 4 years.
- Princess Estelle was overjoyed. It was great fun for us to play for Estelle, and she played really with the whole show. She clapped, laughed and sat with tense anticipation. It was great fun, says Robert Bronett, ringmaster of Circus Scott.
- The last princess Estelle said to me was that I would greet all "Babblers" and I promised to do it.
- It was great fun, says Crown Princess Victoria to Expressen and added:
- Estelle is very pleased.
Video and photos
Estelle gick på cirkus Scott med Victoria och Daniel _ Kungligt _ Expressen

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKLJDLVguHJ/?tagged=cirkusscott

Margareta Thorgren said to Aftonbladet that the family has been today at the circus and it was very nice. The family does various private activities to spend time together. After the show Estelle got a chance to pet a pig. Mother Victoria patted the pig, Estelle was at first a little hesitant, but dared then pat the pig's head.
Photos and video
Här går Estelle på cirkus med familjen _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
http://tv.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/image/137174/w1024h576.jpeg

Last edited:
More photos, a gallery of the family at the circus, great photos.
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
Prince Daniel has today his 43rd birthday. People can congratulate him at court's social media and with a form at the court website.
Prins Daniel 43 år - Sveriges Kungahus
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1196213250437585/?type=3&theater
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKXe2aNBlr1/?taken-by=kungahuset

Galleries
Retrobildspel! Grattis prins Daniel 43 år _ Svensk Damtidning
De okända bilderna på prins Daniel _ Stoppa Pressarna
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKXdaw-gNY0/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

En Frisk Generation (A Healthy Generation Foundation, Daniel is the founder and patron) congratulates Daniel on his birthday
Happy Birthday Prince Daniel. Thank you for you being the patron of En Frisk Generation and also because you inspire children and young people for an active and healthy lifestyle.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKYYHagA9DW/?taken-by=enfriskgeneration

Mer organdonation (More organdonation, Daniel is the patron) congratulates Daniel
https://www.facebook.com/merorgando...590219892931/1082264011858877/?type=3&theater

When Estelle was small, Daniel got cufflinks with her photo from a young entrepreneur at one of his visit to schools with Prince Daniel Fellowhip.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0900010040011P1473947399975117

On Monday at his visit to Hummelsta School, Daniel was seen wearing new cufflinks with Oscar's name engraved.
Prins Daniels speciella kärlekssmycke _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom