Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thank you.... I wonder how Victoria copes with the face blindness, especially in the position she is... It musn not be easy...

LadyFinn do you know if there is a treatment and how she deals with it?

:previous: Thank you.... I wonder how Victoria copes with the face blindness, especially in the position she is... It musn not be easy...

Do we know if P.Victoria has Prosopamnesia (difficulty in remembering faces) or Prosopagnosia (difficulty in recognizing faces, face blindness)?
Either one would be quite inconvenient in her function; patients often learn ways to "work-around" it, f.i. by recognizing voices or hairstyles...

Which is part of the reason, not the whole reason mind you, but part of why I think the King seems to wish Carl-Phillip was the Heir/Crown Prince. Yes HM was raised w/a much older Grandfather as his main Father Figure and I'm willing to bet was taught those old fashioned views about Royal Succession we all know too well. However, I have been wondering if once Victoria's two conditions had been diagnosed, if some of it is due to legitimate concerns a Father would have of any child w/conditions like Victoria's.

Of course she's learned ways of coping w/and working around it and has proven to be an amazing Crown Princess and Ambassador for Sweden, not to mention someone I greatly admire and would love to meet someday, but I'm sure HM still worries and has concerns. Then again, what Father wouldn't!?!

Anyway...This is IMO of course, but also something that I've been pondering the last lil while too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

i wonder about this face blindness

A friend of my was at a sponsor dinner and was seated at victorias table they talked

A year later they met again at an other function and it seems victoria remembers my friend and the talk they had and i was with my friend at the second time

i wonder about this face blindness

A friend of my was at a sponsor dinner and was seated at victorias table they talked

A year later they met again at an other function and it seems victoria remembers my friend and the talk they had and i was with my friend at the second time

I have understood that there are different stages at the face blindness. Victoria has said herself that "I find it very hard to remember names and faces, and that is a big drawback in my capacity because obviously I meet an awful lot of people. I really try to learn names and faces but they just do not stick."
Maybe it isn't so bad for Victoria yet, face blindness normally comes worse when you get older. And Victoria has personal to help her. Like the finnish author Kaari Utrio told, that her husband helps her when they met someone and puts very nicely and imperceptibly the person's name to his talking and gives that way a hint to his wife who she is talking with. The face blindness doesn't mean that the person has something wrong with her memory, just that the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while other aspects of visual processing and intellectual functioning remain intact.
Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria finds it hard to recognise familiar faces Europe

Does this happen only with acquaintance people? What about relatives ans sibling?

Does this happen only with acquaintance people? What about relatives ans sibling?
Depends on the severity. Some people who have it wouldn't recognize the faces of their own children. Some at least are able to recognize those who they see on an every day basis.

Prosopagnosia can be unnerving. I have it myself and when I was still at school I had to memorize who sat where in class and even after two years I knew the names and who got what grades or had done what, but I couldn't connect it with the face. If I met someone outside the classroom I just didn't know s/he was in the same class as myself, people had to say "Hi" first, so I could recognize the voice. You see the face, the individual components, but your brain just cannot put it together to get a whole and connect it to a name. It's easier when someone has a distinctive feature, like a head full of bright red hair or always wears the same hairstyle. You can work around it if you already met someone the same day and know the current clothing. So, knowing how difficult it is and considering how many people Crown Princess Victoria has to meet she has my deepest respect.

best wishes Michiru

Depends on the severity. Some people who have it wouldn't recognize the faces of their own children. Some at least are able to recognize those who they see on an every day basis.

Prosopagnosia can be unnerving. I have it myself and when I was still at school I had to memorize who sat where in class and even after two years I knew the names and who got what grades or had done what, but I couldn't connect it with the face. If I met someone outside the classroom I just didn't know s/he was in the same class as myself, people had to say "Hi" first, so I could recognize the voice. You see the face, the individual components, but your brain just cannot put it together to get a whole and connect it to a name. It's easier when someone has a distinctive feature, like a head full of bright red hair or always wears the same hairstyle. You can work around it if you already met someone the same day and know the current clothing. So, knowing how difficult it is and considering how many people Crown Princess Victoria has to meet she has my deepest respect.

best wishes Michiru
thank you very much! Hope you'll make some improvement:flowers:

Here is Estelle and Victoria in Hagaparken. Instagram

The people whom Victoria and Estelle met, were from Swedish for Immigrants -education (SFI Sverige för Invandrare). Victoria and Daniel visited on April a school in Tensta with Swedish for Immigrants education.

It's a novble cause.... On a side note I don't like the photo... Too much photoshopped

Professor Herman Lindqvist, who has taught history to Victoria and Madeleine, gave an interview to Expressen on Sunday and talked about his new love and his life. Lindqvist has written many books of royals, his new book is about king Erik XIV. But he talked also about Victoria, and a little about Madeleine and queen Silvia.
- Crown Princess Victoria has also received the best possible training for a future monarch of our time. She has a lots of knowledge of our society and history. But she has of course not been educated to believe that she is better than others. Her queen school was more up-to-date.
You had a long period of historic talks with the Crown Princess. How is your relationship after you commented on Victoria's and Daniel's choice of name for the little princess?
- We are in contact now and then, a correspondence, but I'm not employed at the palace and have nothing to do in daily basis since three years we had our conversation and when I wrote the book about the king. We finished our "course" in 2008, the Crown Princess came home to my home in Paris and we toasted with champagne. I also showed her castle in Malmasion where Napoleon and Josephine lived.
What are your impressions of Victoria?
- I started to teach her shortly after she had been treated for her anorexia and I had a person close to me who had been seriously ill in anorexia, I knew the disease and could try to help build up her confidence. The Crown Princess is just like she seems, completely genuine. She thinks things are funny, she is interested, a sentient and empathic person, certainly not self-important or condescending. She also understands the great responsibility she has. During the talks we had about the whole history of Sweden, we also talked about other things, and she said it felt weird that all this (Herman sweeps his hand over the furniture in the Royal Armoury and shows the Palace) could disappear for minimum mistake she did.
What the contact with Victoria meant for you?
- A lot - it gave an opportunity to get behind the scenes of the Palace and get to know her. For the book I wrote before the King's 60th birthday, I got 15 hour of interviews with the King. It was very interesting as a journalist to get such insight.
You write in your memoir that the Crown Princess served up tea to you, but Princess Madeleine was waiting for you to serve her?
- Madeleine has her very own personality. No one can tell her what she should do. This can be seen again and again, from the time she didn't have socks on when she met the Pope as little and now when she had a child and the entire royal family had to go to America to meet the new little princess. Madeleine is very intelligent.
And Queen Silvia saved the monarchy, you said.
- Before she married the king royal family was represented only by the king and Prince Bertil. Gutter press painted a picture of a party king, and it could have gone completely to hell. The first year the King held Silvia as a secret to Gustav VI Adolf, who was a strict and not particularly nice person who had the nickname "Herr Plikten (Mr. Duty)" He disowned the two of his sons for not married royal. Only when Carl XVI Gustaf became King himself, he married the young beautiful Silvia who gave a positive boom for the royal family. The royal family has now received a similar boom because of Crown Princess Victoria and her family.
Herman Lindqvist om samvete och kärlek Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
I don't think that we skall giver Herman Lindqvist the credit of holding the title Professor. In Sweden that is a university title, that not all teachers hold. Lindqvist's academic background is journalism.

Professor Herman Lindqvist, who has taught history to Victoria and Madeleine, gave an interview to Expressen on Sunday and talked about his new love and his life. Lindqvist has written many books of royals, his new book is about king Erik XIV. But he talked also about Victoria, and a little about Madeleine and queen Silvia.

[...]

You write in your memoir that the Crown Princess served up tea to you, but Princess Madeleine was waiting for you to serve her?
- Madeleine has her very own personality. No one can tell her what she should do. This can be seen again and again, from the time she didn't have socks on when she met the Pope as little and now when she had a child and the entire royal family had to go to America to meet the new little princess. Madeleine is very intelligent.

[...]

And Queen Silvia saved the monarchy, you said.
- Before she married the king royal family was represented only by the king and Prince Bertil. Gutter press painted a picture of a party king, and it could have gone completely to hell. The first year the King held Silvia as a secret to Gustav VI Adolf, who was a strict and not particularly nice person who had the nickname "Herr Plikten (Mr. Duty)" He disowned the two of his sons for not married royal. Only when Carl XVI Gustaf became King himself, he married the young beautiful Silvia who gave a positive boom for the royal family. The royal family has now received a similar boom because of Crown Princess Victoria and her family.

He gives some great insights - especially in the bolded section. We can forget what a hard time King Carl Gustav had, and how truly difficult his path was. Even with his mistakes and personality quirks, he has done well. Queen Silvia in particular has been amazing. I love her. :flowers:

:previous: Interesting, really interesting, the story about Madeleine...... he call her intelligent, yes, that is, but there is also another word, that comes to my mind...... :ohmy::sad: ..... and it gives me another answer to many of her actions recently.
Bye Bine

:previous: Interesting, really interesting, the story about Madeleine...... he call her intelligent, yes, that is, but there is also another word, that comes to my mind...... :ohmy::sad: ..... and it gives me another answer to many of her actions recently.
Bye Bine

Yes I bet the same word is also what came to my mind. Does she always make her family follow her wishes and to do as she says...........being royal is just an accident of birth nothing more. Some should really learn that lesson in life........:whistling:

Yes I bet the same word is also what came to my mind. Does she always make her family follow her wishes and to do as she says...........being royal is just an accident of birth nothing more. Some should really learn that lesson in life........:whistling:

Totally disagree here. :flowers: Madeleine is Madeleine, as Victoria is Victoria. They were both strong willed as children, and know their own minds as adults. (The only one of the siblings who was 'easy' was the son, as it happens).

Madeleine has capitulated to her 'role' on significant occasions: she gave up the man she loved because of a scandal. Had she been a private person it's a question whether she would have done that imo.

Madeleine bore her child in New York - it makes sense that family (who can well afford a plane ride) would come to her and not force her to take a new-born infant on a plane to visit family. JMO of course. :flowers:

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were at the Harvest Festival in Kalvhagen i Södvik in Öland today. The person who posted this photo wrote that Estelle jumped in the hay bales as a normal child and SÄPO was busy watching her.
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...-15/10706744_1474171329516188_476191187_n.jpg

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1421383736_1ba5f08249eabe20a69df644c24636ae

Victoria and Estelle
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1422522318_4992a4c9dd277c79297137807bc0482c

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for sharing the information and photos with us, LadyFinn. :flowers: I love how Victoria and Daniel bring Estelle along to certain events when possible. It seemed that she had a lot of fun at the Harvest Festival, and I love the original poster of the first photo's comment stating that she jumped in the hay bales. Her little bow is so sweet.

Expressen Kvällsposten writes about Victoria, Daniel and Estelle at the Harvest Festival.
Prinsessan Estelle bland hö och traktorer Kvällsposten
Translation

And Barometern
The owner of Kalvhagen, Ann-Sofia Holmberg tells that she was taking a photo of the children playing in the hay when she saw that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were there. They stayed about an hour and were left in peace. It's funny that they chose us in Kalvhagen and wonderful to see that they can be like a family in the crowd, says Ann-Sofie Holmberg.
The family also went to a grocery store in Borgholm and was left alone by photographers. How many days the family spent in their house in Solliden is unclear. What other events or places the family visited besides the harvest festival is unclear. The paper has sought Crown Princess Victoria for comment.
Liten prinsessa hade kul på bal

Last edited:
Ist eine Schwangerschaft schuld?: Victoria von Schweden sagt Deutschland-Besuch ab - Promis - Abendzeitung München

Don't mind the title but the fact that she has cancelled some events... Is there anything on the palace's site?

She has cancelled only this event in Germany, it was taken away from her calendar last week. The Palace hasn't commented it at the website because Annika Sönnerberg from the press department commented it already to Bunte. Victoria is going with Daniel to a two day official visit abroad, to Estonia at the end of the month. Princess Astrid of Belgium belongs to the same Honorary Board of the International Paralympic Committee as Victoria, and she isn't listed to attend at this event in Germany either at the website of the Belgium Royal Family.

Last edited:
If she is really trying to get pregnant, I wish she is successful. I don't think there should be pressure on her to have another child though. Many couples nowadays have only one child.

Sorry I was not commenting the title because it's speculation but just the cancellation of a couple of engagements :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom