The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Here is Estelle and Victoria in Hagaparken. Instagram
The people whom Victoria and Estelle met, were from Swedish for Immigrants -education (SFI Sverige för Invandrare). Victoria and Daniel visited on April a school in Tensta with Swedish for Immigrants education.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria is the official patron of the Pink Ribbon -campaign of the Swedish Cancer Society also this year, like on many years before. The ribbon is this year designed by Camilla Thulin.
Kronprinsessan är kampanjens beskyddare - Cancerfonden

Bigger version of the photo by photographer Andrea Björsell.
http://images.krop.com/andreabjorsel...1bc187fdf5.jpg

Old 09-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a novble cause.... On a side note I don't like the photo... Too much photoshopped
Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria is the official patron of the Pink Ribbon -campaign of the Swedish Cancer Society also this year, like on many years before. The ribbon is this year designed by Camilla Thulin.

Bigger version of the photo by photographer Andrea Björsell.
http://images.krop.com/andreabjorsel...1bc187fdf5.jpg
This is indeed an extremely beautiful photograph of an absolutely elegant Princess!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Professor Herman Lindqvist, who has taught history to Victoria and Madeleine, gave an interview to Expressen on Sunday and talked about his new love and his life. Lindqvist has written many books of royals, his new book is about king Erik XIV. But he talked also about Victoria, and a little about Madeleine and queen Silvia.
- Crown Princess Victoria has also received the best possible training for a future monarch of our time. She has a lots of knowledge of our society and history. But she has of course not been educated to believe that she is better than others. Her queen school was more up-to-date.
You had a long period of historic talks with the Crown Princess. How is your relationship after you commented on Victoria's and Daniel's choice of name for the little princess?
- We are in contact now and then, a correspondence, but I'm not employed at the palace and have nothing to do in daily basis since three years we had our conversation and when I wrote the book about the king. We finished our "course" in 2008, the Crown Princess came home to my home in Paris and we toasted with champagne. I also showed her castle in Malmasion where Napoleon and Josephine lived.
What are your impressions of Victoria?
- I started to teach her shortly after she had been treated for her anorexia and I had a person close to me who had been seriously ill in anorexia, I knew the disease and could try to help build up her confidence. The Crown Princess is just like she seems, completely genuine. She thinks things are funny, she is interested, a sentient and empathic person, certainly not self-important or condescending. She also understands the great responsibility she has. During the talks we had about the whole history of Sweden, we also talked about other things, and she said it felt weird that all this (Herman sweeps his hand over the furniture in the Royal Armoury and shows the Palace) could disappear for minimum mistake she did.
What the contact with Victoria meant for you?
- A lot - it gave an opportunity to get behind the scenes of the Palace and get to know her. For the book I wrote before the King's 60th birthday, I got 15 hour of interviews with the King. It was very interesting as a journalist to get such insight.
You write in your memoir that the Crown Princess served up tea to you, but Princess Madeleine was waiting for you to serve her?
- Madeleine has her very own personality. No one can tell her what she should do. This can be seen again and again, from the time she didn't have socks on when she met the Pope as little and now when she had a child and the entire royal family had to go to America to meet the new little princess. Madeleine is very intelligent.
And Queen Silvia saved the monarchy, you said.
- Before she married the king royal family was represented only by the king and Prince Bertil. Gutter press painted a picture of a party king, and it could have gone completely to hell. The first year the King held Silvia as a secret to Gustav VI Adolf, who was a strict and not particularly nice person who had the nickname "Herr Plikten (Mr. Duty)" He disowned the two of his sons for not married royal. Only when Carl XVI Gustaf became King himself, he married the young beautiful Silvia who gave a positive boom for the royal family. The royal family has now received a similar boom because of Crown Princess Victoria and her family.
Herman Lindqvist om samvete och kärlek Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Nobility

I don't think that we skall giver Herman Lindqvist the credit of holding the title Professor. In Sweden that is a university title, that not all teachers hold. Lindqvist's academic background is journalism.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Instagram
Estelle and Daniel were seen at Kolmården
Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Professor Herman Lindqvist, who has taught history to Victoria and Madeleine, gave an interview to Expressen on Sunday and talked about his new love and his life. Lindqvist has written many books of royals, his new book is about king Erik XIV. But he talked also about Victoria, and a little about Madeleine and queen Silvia.

[...]

You write in your memoir that the Crown Princess served up tea to you, but Princess Madeleine was waiting for you to serve her?
- Madeleine has her very own personality. No one can tell her what she should do. This can be seen again and again, from the time she didn't have socks on when she met the Pope as little and now when she had a child and the entire royal family had to go to America to meet the new little princess. Madeleine is very intelligent.

[...]

And Queen Silvia saved the monarchy, you said.
- Before she married the king royal family was represented only by the king and Prince Bertil. Gutter press painted a picture of a party king, and it could have gone completely to hell. The first year the King held Silvia as a secret to Gustav VI Adolf, who was a strict and not particularly nice person who had the nickname "Herr Plikten (Mr. Duty)" He disowned the two of his sons for not married royal. Only when Carl XVI Gustaf became King himself, he married the young beautiful Silvia who gave a positive boom for the royal family. The royal family has now received a similar boom because of Crown Princess Victoria and her family.
He gives some great insights - especially in the bolded section. We can forget what a hard time King Carl Gustav had, and how truly difficult his path was. Even with his mistakes and personality quirks, he has done well. Queen Silvia in particular has been amazing. I love her.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Interesting, really interesting, the story about Madeleine...... he call her intelligent, yes, that is, but there is also another word, that comes to my mind...... ..... and it gives me another answer to many of her actions recently.
Bye Bine
Old 09-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Still some photos of Victoria and Estelle on Sports Day in Haga Park on 7th September, from the website of Solna Riding School.
http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...ObROFpWPcu.jpg
http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...7a8HBHZoTx.jpg
http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...Dh5dl1gxOu.jpg
http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...Barec7fNbz.jpg
http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...2GCXhlbu5z.jpg
Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Still some photos of Victoria and Estelle on Sports Day in Haga Park on 7th September, from the website of Solna Riding School.

http://www8.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...Dh5dl1gxOu.jpg
A little girl and her pony makes a precious photograph.
When that little girl is Princess Estelle, the photograph is grandly precious!!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Interesting, really interesting, the story about Madeleine...... he call her intelligent, yes, that is, but there is also another word, that comes to my mind...... ..... and it gives me another answer to many of her actions recently.
Bye Bine
Yes I bet the same word is also what came to my mind. Does she always make her family follow her wishes and to do as she says...........being royal is just an accident of birth nothing more. Some should really learn that lesson in life........
Old 09-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Yes I bet the same word is also what came to my mind. Does she always make her family follow her wishes and to do as she says...........being royal is just an accident of birth nothing more. Some should really learn that lesson in life........
Totally disagree here. Madeleine is Madeleine, as Victoria is Victoria. They were both strong willed as children, and know their own minds as adults. (The only one of the siblings who was 'easy' was the son, as it happens).

Madeleine has capitulated to her 'role' on significant occasions: she gave up the man she loved because of a scandal. Had she been a private person it's a question whether she would have done that imo.

Madeleine bore her child in New York - it makes sense that family (who can well afford a plane ride) would come to her and not force her to take a new-born infant on a plane to visit family. JMO of course.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were at the Harvest Festival in Kalvhagen i Södvik in Öland today. The person who posted this photo wrote that Estelle jumped in the hay bales as a normal child and SÄPO was busy watching her.
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...76191187_n.jpg

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...9df644c24636ae

Victoria and Estelle
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...7137807bc0482c
Old 09-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for sharing the information and photos with us, LadyFinn. I love how Victoria and Daniel bring Estelle along to certain events when possible. It seemed that she had a lot of fun at the Harvest Festival, and I love the original poster of the first photo's comment stating that she jumped in the hay bales. Her little bow is so sweet.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen Kvällsposten writes about Victoria, Daniel and Estelle at the Harvest Festival.
Prinsessan Estelle bland hö och traktorer Kvällsposten
Translation

And Barometern
The owner of Kalvhagen, Ann-Sofia Holmberg tells that she was taking a photo of the children playing in the hay when she saw that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were there. They stayed about an hour and were left in peace. It's funny that they chose us in Kalvhagen and wonderful to see that they can be like a family in the crowd, says Ann-Sofie Holmberg.
The family also went to a grocery store in Borgholm and was left alone by photographers. How many days the family spent in their house in Solliden is unclear. What other events or places the family visited besides the harvest festival is unclear. The paper has sought Crown Princess Victoria for comment.
Liten prinsessa hade kul på bal
Old 10-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Ist eine Schwangerschaft schuld?: Victoria von Schweden sagt Deutschland-Besuch ab - Promis - Abendzeitung München

Don't mind the title but the fact that she has cancelled some events... Is there anything on the palace's site?
Old 10-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Ist eine Schwangerschaft schuld?: Victoria von Schweden sagt Deutschland-Besuch ab - Promis - Abendzeitung München

Don't mind the title but the fact that she has cancelled some events... Is there anything on the palace's site?
She has cancelled only this event in Germany, it was taken away from her calendar last week. The Palace hasn't commented it at the website because Annika Sönnerberg from the press department commented it already to Bunte. Victoria is going with Daniel to a two day official visit abroad, to Estonia at the end of the month. Princess Astrid of Belgium belongs to the same Honorary Board of the International Paralympic Committee as Victoria, and she isn't listed to attend at this event in Germany either at the website of the Belgium Royal Family.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post

If she is really trying to get pregnant, I wish she is successful. I don't think there should be pressure on her to have another child though. Many couples nowadays have only one child.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If she is really trying to get pregnant, I wish she is successful. I don't think there should be pressure on her to have another child though. Many couples nowadays have only one child.

Sorry I was not commenting the title because it's speculation but just the cancellation of a couple of engagements

Tags
victoria