One more photo of Estelle and Victoria on Sunday
http://iof1.idrottonline.se/ImageVau...ch_Estelle.jpg

Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
what a very cute girl. she has grown so much.
Love that they take her "on the job"

Old 09-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
In royal families it's not as common to only see one child.

LaRae

Indeed, royal families never have one child.

1) no need to worry about juggling work with childcare, you have nannies
2) for a royal child, I would see it is for the benefit of the child to have a sibling, so they can share the burden of being a crown princess's child. Royal parents also seem to reason this way and have 2 or 3 children.

If Victoria and Daniel really have trouble conceiving the 2nd, I could imagine all comments made here and in the media are hurtful to them. In that case, they would make a very strong point issuing a press release that Estelle will be an only child, and that it is hurtful to see all media speculating on a 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
If Victoria and Daniel really have trouble conceiving the 2nd, I could imagine all comments made here and in the media are hurtful to them. In that case, they would make a very strong point issuing a press release that Estelle will be an only child, and that it is hurtful to see all media speculating on a 2nd.
That may be the most painful statement a couple could release. Even if physicians said them they would probably have no more child, there are still possibilities of an unexpected pregnancy. Couple with infertily issue very seldomly say "we won't have any child" or "we won't have any more chiildren" until menopause happens. They are rather saying "we are still in hope".
Old 09-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
what a very cute girl. she has grown so much.
Love that they take her "on the job"
I agree, I've always admired how Victoria and Daniel try to bring Estelle along to events whenever they can. She is so precious.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Oh my....She is all Victoria in her facial features here. First time I've really seen her Mom that strongly in Estelle and Holy Mini Me!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
the only fact I know is that these post (and mines) will be deleted because they are speculative
If you know that as a 'fact', then why continue/participate in the discussion?

As no announcement has been made regarding Victoria and a possible pregnancy, further posts will be deleted as per the speculation rule.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The pastel colors of Princess Estelle's shirt are very pretty!
It is nice to see little girls, including a Princess, wear pastels and bright colors!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So adorable!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes the royals help people with their interviews
One of the most famous authors in Finland, Kaari Utrio (72) told in this week's Iltalehti, that she realised that she was suffering from face blindress after she had read the interview of crown princess Victoria telling about her face blindness.
Normally, when one speaks with someone and closes her eyes, one sees the other person's face. Kaari Utrio doesn't see anything because her eyes don't read people's features.
Utrio tells that she understood as very young that she doesn't see the same than the others. In a way she was prepared to it, since she was very nearsighted. Utrio thought that she caused this herself, that she wasn't careful enough to put people's faces to her mind. Especially when she was studying, she had a hard time. The worst that Utrio feared was that people got hurt, when she didn't greet them. But when people start talking, she recognizes them in some point. Utrio tells that she is ashamed when she meets a person she has met three times before and she doesn't recognize the person's face. It is awkward.
Utrio had blamed herself in decades, until crown princess Victoria told about her face blindness in 2008. Then Utrio realized what her problem was about, it is a neurological disorder well known in some parts of the world. But in Finland it hadn't been talked about. She understood that she wasn't guilty in anything and hadn't done anything wrong.
After Victoria had told about her face blindness, Utrio started to find out more about it. The face blindness is in close connection with dyslexia, one of her brothers had dyslexia. It has been a great relief for Utrio that she doesn't have to feel guilty anymore. She has spoken with persons she hasn't met before like she knows them well, and on the other hand, she can't recognize her neighbour she has met dozens of times.
The face blindness gets worse when you get older. Utrio recognizes her family members and people she meets regularly. People's gestures, voice or exciting hairdo help in memorizing who the person is.
Kaari Utrio kärsii ikävästä vaivasta Häpeän määrä on loputon
Old 09-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Thank you.... I wonder how Victoria copes with the face blindness, especially in the position she is... It musn not be easy...

LadyFinn do you know if there is a treatment and how she deals with it?
Old 09-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you.... I wonder how Victoria copes with the face blindness, especially in the position she is... It musn not be easy...

Do we know if P.Victoria has Prosopamnesia (difficulty in remembering faces) or Prosopagnosia (difficulty in recognizing faces, face blindness)?
Either one would be quite inconvenient in her function; patients often learn ways to "work-around" it, f.i. by recognizing voices or hairstyles...
Old 09-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Which is part of the reason, not the whole reason mind you, but part of why I think the King seems to wish Carl-Phillip was the Heir/Crown Prince. Yes HM was raised w/a much older Grandfather as his main Father Figure and I'm willing to bet was taught those old fashioned views about Royal Succession we all know too well. However, I have been wondering if once Victoria's two conditions had been diagnosed, if some of it is due to legitimate concerns a Father would have of any child w/conditions like Victoria's.

Of course she's learned ways of coping w/and working around it and has proven to be an amazing Crown Princess and Ambassador for Sweden, not to mention someone I greatly admire and would love to meet someday, but I'm sure HM still worries and has concerns. Then again, what Father wouldn't!?!

Anyway...This is IMO of course, but also something that I've been pondering the last lil while too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

About Daniel's birthday at the court website
Prins Daniel 41 år - Sveriges Kungahus

People can congratulate him at the court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=1&theater

Article in Svensk Damtidning
Gratulerar på födelsedagen prins Daniel! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Stoppa pressarna has a gallery of Daniel's year.
Så var ditt år som 40-åring, prins Daniel! Stoppa Pressarna

Prince Daniel of Sweden birthday facts - hellomagazine.com

Rusning till att gratta prinsen på Facebook Nyheter Expressen
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Majesty

i wonder about this face blindness

A friend of my was at a sponsor dinner and was seated at victorias table they talked

A year later they met again at an other function and it seems victoria remembers my friend and the talk they had and i was with my friend at the second time
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i wonder about this face blindness

A friend of my was at a sponsor dinner and was seated at victorias table they talked

A year later they met again at an other function and it seems victoria remembers my friend and the talk they had and i was with my friend at the second time
I have understood that there are different stages at the face blindness. Victoria has said herself that "I find it very hard to remember names and faces, and that is a big drawback in my capacity because obviously I meet an awful lot of people. I really try to learn names and faces but they just do not stick."
Maybe it isn't so bad for Victoria yet, face blindness normally comes worse when you get older. And Victoria has personal to help her. Like the finnish author Kaari Utrio told, that her husband helps her when they met someone and puts very nicely and imperceptibly the person's name to his talking and gives that way a hint to his wife who she is talking with. The face blindness doesn't mean that the person has something wrong with her memory, just that the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while other aspects of visual processing and intellectual functioning remain intact.
Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria finds it hard to recognise familiar faces Europe
Old 09-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Does this happen only with acquaintance people? What about relatives ans sibling?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Does this happen only with acquaintance people? What about relatives ans sibling?
Depends on the severity. Some people who have it wouldn't recognize the faces of their own children. Some at least are able to recognize those who they see on an every day basis.

Prosopagnosia can be unnerving. I have it myself and when I was still at school I had to memorize who sat where in class and even after two years I knew the names and who got what grades or had done what, but I couldn't connect it with the face. If I met someone outside the classroom I just didn't know s/he was in the same class as myself, people had to say "Hi" first, so I could recognize the voice. You see the face, the individual components, but your brain just cannot put it together to get a whole and connect it to a name. It's easier when someone has a distinctive feature, like a head full of bright red hair or always wears the same hairstyle. You can work around it if you already met someone the same day and know the current clothing. So, knowing how difficult it is and considering how many people Crown Princess Victoria has to meet she has my deepest respect.

best wishes Michiru
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiru-Kaiou View Post
Depends on the severity. Some people who have it wouldn't recognize the faces of their own children. Some at least are able to recognize those who they see on an every day basis.

Prosopagnosia can be unnerving. I have it myself and when I was still at school I had to memorize who sat where in class and even after two years I knew the names and who got what grades or had done what, but I couldn't connect it with the face. If I met someone outside the classroom I just didn't know s/he was in the same class as myself, people had to say "Hi" first, so I could recognize the voice. You see the face, the individual components, but your brain just cannot put it together to get a whole and connect it to a name. It's easier when someone has a distinctive feature, like a head full of bright red hair or always wears the same hairstyle. You can work around it if you already met someone the same day and know the current clothing. So, knowing how difficult it is and considering how many people Crown Princess Victoria has to meet she has my deepest respect.

best wishes Michiru
thank you very much! Hope you'll make some improvement
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Here is Estelle and Victoria in Hagaparken. http://instagram.com/p/tDD8ijPgQQ/

Tags
victoria