The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Nobility

That's adorable!

Old 05-14-2017, 05:59 AM
Majesty

Who would have thought it? Just goes to show we all see individual royals through the filter of our own expectations. The one surprised and delighted me.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel attended at their good friend Leonie Persson's (wife of H&M ceo Karl-Johan Persson) 40th birthday party at the new restaurant Tak on Saturday. They were seen dancing and having a real good time. Victoria and Leonie have been friends since childhood.
DJ Tim Henri wrote to the photos at his Instagram
"It was an honor 2 spin 4 Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel again last night!"
Privata festbilderna – här dansar kronprinsessan loss _ Hänt.se
Old 05-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
wow a Kiss concert, Estelle rocked out lol
http://68.media.tumblr.com/3e98c710c...57s1o1_400.jpg
Wonderful.
That photo is seriously cute.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel has been interviewed by Artlover Magazine because of this summer's sculpture exhibition at Djurgården. The preparations for the exhibition are already on their way.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUJ2M2EA...rssonsandstrom
Eva Hild at Djurgården

This summer Galleri Andersson/Sandström presents from 5th June to 31st August a sculpture exhibition at Djurgården with Swedish artist Eva Hild. The exhibition is initiated by HRH Prince Daniel and arranged by Galleri Andersson/Sandström in collaboration with the Royal Djurgården Administration.
The presentation by Eva Hild's sculptures follow up last year’s well-received and highly appreciated exhibition with sir Tony Cragg, which was also initiated by Prince Daniel. The successful cooperation with the Royal Djurgården's management has resulted in that Galleri Andersson/Sandström received a three-year mission to arrange sculpture exhibitions at Djurgården. This year’s exhibition will consist of six large scale Hild-sculptures.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUG4MIIg...rssonsandstrom
Old 05-19-2017, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is as the only member of the royal family at Résumé's list of the 150 super communicators in swedish business life - the people who have demonstrated that they understand what can be accomplished with communication. Daniel is 16th on the category Authorities, organisations and non-profit organisations, and 104th at the whole list.
De är Näringslivets 150 Superkommunikatörer - Resumé
Old 05-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
wow a Kiss concert, Estelle rocked out lol
http://68.media.tumblr.com/3e98c710c...57s1o1_400.jpg
Aw, Estelle looks so cute! Who is the other little girl, or is she just a member of the public who had her photo taken with Estelle?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Aw, Estelle looks so cute! Who is the other little girl, or is she just a member of the public who had her photo taken with Estelle?
The photo was published at KISS official Twitter at a collage of KISSKids, photos of children with facepaint. It could be a friend of the crown princess family, but one can't know it for sure.

One funny poll made by Mytaxi:
Which Swedish celebrity would you rather share a taxi with?
1. Crown princess Victoria 12 %
2. Prime minister Stefan Löfven 8 %
3. Football star Zlatan Ibrahimovic 7 %
King Carl Gustaf 5 %
Prince Carl Philip 2 %
Princess Madeleine 1 %
Gissa vem_ – Den personen vill svenskarna helst åka taxi med _ Hänt.se
Old 05-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you LadyFinn.
In regards to the poll, I think I would have voted for Victoria too. She seems like a lovely person to chat to. I get the impression that she is one of those people who is naturally likeable - the room lights up when she enters.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria and Daniel attended at their good friend Leonie Persson's (wife of H&M ceo Karl-Johan Persson) 40th birthday party at the new restaurant Tak on Saturday. They were seen dancing and having a real good time. Victoria and Leonie have been friends since childhood.
DJ Tim Henri wrote to the photos at his Instagram
"It was an honor 2 spin 4 Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel again last night!"
Privata festbilderna – här dansar kronprinsessan loss _ Hänt.se
Svensk Damtidning has an article about Leonie Persson's 40th birthday. A posh black tie party was held at the Restaurant Tak at Petter Stordalen's new hotel Hobo. According to Damtidning's information, Victoria and Daniel were smuggled in through the garage in order not to wake so much attention. The guests were served first class japanese dinner. Victoria was brilliantly beautiful at a black dress from H&M, a nice gesture to the host couple of the party. The DJ of the evening was Tim Henri, and swedish superstar Veronica Maggio performed with many of her songs and Let's Dance -choir singer Joanna Perera sang many covers. Everyone was dancing, Victoria and Daniel too, for many hours. Leonie was surprised with a gospelchoir, which sang "Happy Birthday" for her.
- It was a magical evening and night, which will not be forgotten soon. But with respect for the hostess who is so private, I don't want to say more, said one of the guests.
Leonie has always held a very low profile.
It has been previously written that Victoria is the godmother of Leonie and Karl-Johan Persson's son Ian. But Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria is the godmother of their daughter Philippa, 9 years.

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning points out and brags at his chronicle that Svensk Damtidning was the only magazine and representant of the media, which got photos of the guests at Leonie Persson's birthday party. And the same with Caroline Dinkelspiel's 40th birthday party this year. Lindwall writes also that Leonie is one of Victoria's absolute best friends. And it was Victoria, who introduced Leonie to Karl-Johan Persson. Leonie didn't want to have any speeches at her party, but husband Karl-Johan held a speech, a declaration of love.
Svensk Damtidning's article about Leonie Persson's 40th birthday party. A lot of friends of the royal family as guests, and we can see that Victoria's friend Anna Jussil Broms is pregnant, so a new baby on the way at Victoria's and Daniel's circle of friends.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and children are spending some days at Solliden, they were seen yesterday at Kaffetorpet at Solliden and Victoria posed for a selfie.

The lunch got star splendor - when Jörgen Svahn, 45, encountered the crown princess. He asked about a selfie and Victoria said yes, reports Blekinge Läns Tidning.
It was Friday morning when Jörgen Svahn from Karlskrona and his wife and daughter went on a trip to Borgholm on Öland. Lunch was taken at the restaurant - and there his daughter saw a future head of state.
- The mother and daughter are interested in royalty. Then my daughter said that "Victoria and Daniel are over there", says Jörgen.
The Crown Princess with family finished their lunch at the same time as Jörgen's family. So when it was time to put the plate on the stroller, Jörgen suddenly stood just a centimeter from Victoria.
Then he took the opportunity - and asked for a selfie.
- At first she was a little doubtful because she was holding plates. But then when she realized it was a selfie there was no problem.
Did you see what she had eaten?
- No, I didn't see it. There were food leftovers on the plate, but what it was or whether it was hers, Estelle's or Oscar's, I do not know.
The Crown Princess is Jörgen's personal favorite in the royal family, and he thinks she has a nice image in the media. Even at the personal meeting in Borgholm he received a very positive impression of Victoria.
- Absolutely. The whole family was in a good mood, it was a beautiful day in Öland. It is nice that they are there, they have children and so, just like others, says Jörgen.
The selfie with the Crown Princess, he holds as his best ever. Formerly number one on the list was Claes of Geijerstam, but he has been passed by our future head of state. And Jörgen can only think on one selfie which would hit higher than this he took on Öland on Friday.
- Of course that would be Zlatan then. It's the only one to top this one, he says.
Jörgen Svahn tog selfie med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Aftonbladet
Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for sharing that little tidbit, LadyFinn. I think it's nice that Victoria still lets people take photos with her on private occasions such as this. A good conversation starter for the man at the dinner table!

Old 05-28-2017, 02:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel have a lot to celebrate this weekend. Yesterday was 8 years of Daniel's kidney transplantation and today is Mother's Day in Sweden.

From Aftonbladet Söndag:
15 years of Love
Victoria and Daniel have never been so close-knit and in love as now. Even though they are in the middle of the years of infancy, they are careful to take care of each other.

Obviously the swedish press counts these years of love from 30th May 2002, when Expressen published that Daniel is Victoria's boyfriend.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Fashion designer Lars Wallin, who has designed dresses for Victoria, Madeleine and Sofia, has also designed jewellery and tableware. Some weeks ago his Royal Dream and Royal Garden tableware for Fyrklövern were released. Wallin told at the press meeting, that he had taken inspiration for his designing from crown princess Victoria's monogram and Haga Park. He said that it would be wonderful to give the Royal Dream tableware as a present on Victoria's 40th birthday.
Royal Dream_Royal Garden
Old 05-30-2017, 02:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

15 years ago, on 30th May 2002, Expressen revealed that Daniel is Victoria's new boyfriend.
https://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/08...d/original.jpg
Old 06-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel has given a large interview to DN (Dagens Nyheter) about his seven years as a prince. At least part of it has been done at his school visit to Vallentuna a couple of weeks ago.
"Prince Daniel: Our children will learn how to go by metro and stand in a queue"
Prins Daniel om sina sju år i kungafamiljen - DN.SE

Unfortunately you have to pay to read the article.
But luckily DN has put a short video to their Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU0_sUzA...dagens_nyheter

And of course the other swedish media writes about the article and tells what is in it... good for us.
In Expressen:
Seven years ago Daniel Westling became part of the royal family. Even though the former gym owner has been forced to put down life as an entrepreneur, his commitment to sports and health continues.
In a major interview with DN's Karin Eriksson, he tells about his work with organization Generation Pep, which fights for children and young people's health.
Daniel tells that he and Victoria make sure that Estelle and Oscar are often out around the family home in Haga Palace.
In addition to being in nature, he takes the children to AIK matches. On the way to the game, Prince Daniel wants children to learn everyday things like going by a public transport.
- I think it's important to let the children be in all environments. One should know how the metro works and how it is to go by bus and how it is to queue and how it is to feel this passion that is in the sports events when it's a match and the Black Army (AIK's supporter club) sings at the top of their lungs. That's something I don't want them to miss, says Daniel to DN.
The day after the terror attack, the Crown Princess couple visited Drottninggatan. Victoria was then asked about how Sweden would proceed. "Together", was her short answer. Daniel tells to DN that he has learned a lot from his wife's ability to put words on things.
- She is so good and strong and has the ability to feel and see where an encouraging word and a pat on the shoulder are needed. We both are really interested in people and have a strong social commitment. It's very stimulating to have a wife who has been involved in so many exciting things.
They are talking also about Daniel's kidney transplant. Daniel tells that he is not suffering from the disease today, but that it has given him an increased understanding of other people's diseases. In the work of the Crown Princess couple's non-profit organization Generation Pep, Daniel has read the Scapis study that charts the incidence of cardiovascular disease and lung disease. The survey shows that those living in areas with poor socioeconomic conditions have twice as high a risk of stroke, COPD, depression and heart attack.
- In Sweden? Today? Depending on where you were born? It's so incredibly unfair. And just this is part of my commitment to this issue. We can not have it like this. We must try to change it with common forces. Everyone must ask themselves how they can contribute, says Daniel to DN.
Prins Daniel vill lära sina barn att åka tunnelbana _ Kungligt _ Expressen

In Svensk Damtidning
At the interview Daniel tells also of the official visit to Ockelbo as a prince. At first he was rather nervous about.
- I really love Ockelbo. Then to get home in this role ... Obviously I thought, how should it be?
But as soon as he and Victoria rolled into the train station, all the nervousness was released. Then Daniel saw how the people of his hometown had come to greet him and his new wife. And everyone seemed happy about the royal visit.
- What a privilege to have a situation where you can give happiness just by saying hi and watching someone in the eyes and asking how are you doing. It's an incredible luxury, says Daniel.
Daniel om det bästa med att vara prins _ Svensk Damtidning

Also shortly in english at the Local
'Our children should learn how to take the metro and queue'_ Prince Daniel - The Local
Old 06-02-2017, 05:20 AM
Serene Highness

What a great couple, and wonderful hearing these open words!
BYe Bine
Old 06-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos at Daniel's interview
From photographer Paul Hansen's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU16pe0g...=paul_hansen64
More photos from the interview, by Paul Hansen
http://cached-images.bonnier.news/cm...igOriginal.jpg

Daniel's interview has been commented and shared a lot at the social media. Also the Swedish Kidney Association and the Heart-Lung Foundation have shared it.

Some more things about the interview in Dagens Nyheter:
- I think it's quite clear that I can gather and unite a group of strong forces in a common endeavor to improve, for example, public health, Daniel says.
Daniel also explains how his kidney disease affects life.
- I didn't believe the doctor when he said I would need a new kidney sometime. I was the world's most active and did not feel any symptoms, he says, and continues:
- It has given me a deeper understanding, when someone says "I am sick, I feel bad, I have these concerns". If I continue to feel like this, I can feel that this experience has been good and that it has added something to my life. A humility for life and for others who are having it much worse.
Prins Daniel om svåra krisen med Victoria _ Stoppa Pressarna

Daniel told at the interview also about Estelle
Daniel tells that Estelle is still dancing as a leisure activity. And at Haga he is reading for her. One of the books the princess really likes is the one recently created by Gen-Pep. The book "Fiffiga kroppen och finurliga knoppen" will attract little children to move and exercise.
- I have read it to Estelle and she loves it. Being with your children is the best thing there is, Daniel says.
However, getting Estelle to move doesn't seem to be a problem. She seems to have inherited her parents love for outdoor activities.
- Now Estelle is in the age when she is learning to cycle and it's incredibly fun, Daniel tells.
Daniel ska lära Estelle åka tunnelbana _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the Swedish CP family is my favourite family out of all the European royals. They just seem so lovely, down-to-earth and genuine.
It's good that Daniel is giving interviews and such about his kidney disease, because it will encourage others who have the same condition. It was cute to hear that Estelle is learning to cycle! I really wish I learnt, but a medical condition prevented me from doing so.
The photos in the article were adorable too - Estelle looks like a little clone of Victoria in the second photo.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I think the Swedish CP family is my favourite family out of all the European royals. They just seem so lovely, down-to-earth and genuine.
I feel the same. To me, the only family who comes close are the Wessex.

Tags
victoria