Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Instgram of Jacob Wismar
Proud and happy! The second time I cooked for Prince Daniel and Crown Princess Viktoria. But try to outdo a prince #selfie haha
Instagram photo by @jacobwismar (Jacob Wismar) | Iconosquare

Jacob Wismar has told earlier at his recipe blog:
Victoria's prinsesspavlova
This cake is named after Crown Princess Victoria. I was honored to bake the cake in conjunction with that I cooked the meal for her first "own" family dinner when she would meet her future husband Daniel Westling's whole family before the wedding. The party was held in the beautiful Hälsingland on the island of Kungsholmen. An unforgettable day!
Victorias prinsesspavlova (kock Jacob Wismar)

I guess the photo is from yesterday.
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle attended at Daniel's mother Ewa Westling's 70th birthday party. She celebrated her birthday (which is on next Friday) with 40 closest to her outside Bollnäs.
They had the party at the same place where Victoria and Daniel had a dinner with all Daniel's relatives before the wedding.
Här firar familjen Westling kungligt Nyheter Expressen

Last edited:
Estelle is growing very fast! WOW:flowers:

I was just thinking the same thing! And she is starting to get quite a lot of hair now, I remember when she didn't have much and some were complaining that bows with her amount of hair was a little unnecessary, but bows would fit in better now. :)

Estelle is adorable and I can imagine that she enjoyed the event, as she seems to be quite an active and lively little girl. I think she attended last year as well - I remember seeing photos of her in a white dress (?) at some sports day, but would need to double check that.

Stoppa pressarna writes about "Victoria's secret recipes to stay fit"

Crown Princess Victoria is back - in a best condition in her lifetime.
Here is her secret recipe for staying in shape.
Victoria has never shined as much as she does on the red carpet and inaugurations. When she took part in the ceremony, "The Swede of the Year" at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm observed a reporter that she nearly "jumped up the stairs" to the Hall of Mirrors.
But the Crown Princess slender shapes don't only depend on running stairs. The secret recipe is based on something else entirely. Victoria is careful about what she eats and at Haga Palace chefs prepare only healthy, useful food. A tradition that Victoria brings with her from Drottningholm Palace.
- Butter is used only in exceptional cases and sauces shall be organic and not built on too much fat, says a source.
Furthermore, both she and Daniel are well aware that people should move. Therefore, the pair regularly trains at the gym, which is clearly seen if we look at Victoria's coached arms and the slim waist.
There are even healthy walks in the Haga Park where eyewitnesses regularly see Victoria and Daniel on power walks in the mornings.
- They are always pleasant and cheering happily back, says one of the residents in the area.
Så håller kronprinsessan Victoria formen Stoppa Pressarna

While Victoria and Estelle visited the Sports Day at Hagaparken, princess Estelle got to learn sign language. Estelle learned how to spell her own name with her hands.
That Estelle learns languages is important for parents Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. Among other things, they hired australian Kate as a nanny for the princess to learn English.
But she also seems to have an aptitude for sign language. Estelle visited on Sunday with her parents, IK Hephata's tent. IK Hephata is a sports club for the deaf and hearing impaired children where all the sports teams are using sign language. Photos show that Estelle seemed to think it was fun to learn to talk with your hands.
Crown Princess Victoria explained to her daughter that sign language is a language for the deaf and hearing impaired. Estelle also got a brochure home so that she can continue to practice sign language.
After getting the help of volunteers in IK Hephata's tent also prince Daniel tried to write his name.
- Yes, this did not go so fast, said the prince who had trouble getting the letter L.
Här lär sig prinsessan Estelle teckenspråk Nyheter Expressen
Translation

More photos
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1419792013_3e2c39130a61bb5b9d615f72cf5d5133
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=ddd7a3cca28a9e8eaaf4d1e5ca3881ff&oe=54878ABB
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1418423237_d49c8acd27a5f966e756f1aa9c78da55

Last edited:
While Victoria and Estelle visited the Sports Day at Hagaparken, princess Estelle got to learn sign language. Estelle learned how to spell her own name with her hands.
That Estelle learns languages is important for parents Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. Among other things, they hired australian Kate as a nanny for the princess to learn English.
But she also seems to have an aptitude for sign language. Estelle visited on Sunday with her parents, IK Hephata's tent. IK Hephata is a sports club for the deaf and hearing impaired children where all the sports teams are using sign language. Photos show that Estelle seemed to think it was fun to learn to talk with your hands.
Crown Princess Victoria explained to her daughter that sign language is a language for the deaf and hearing impaired. Estelle also got a brochure home so that she can continue to practice sign language.
After getting the help of volunteers in IK Hephata's tent also prince Daniel tried to write his name.
- Yes, this did not go so fast, said the prince who had trouble getting the letter L.
Här lär sig prinsessan Estelle teckenspråk Nyheter Expressen
Translation

More photos
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1419792013_3e2c39130a61bb5b9d615f72cf5d5133
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=ddd7a3cca28a9e8eaaf4d1e5ca3881ff&oe=54878ABB
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1418423237_d49c8acd27a5f966e756f1aa9c78da55

This is awesome!! The Manuel Alphabet is something I learned in Brownies for my Friends of the Disabled badge and I still use it to this day for things, like figuring out alphabetic order when looking up something, I do a quick runthrough of it, which always starts a conversation over what the heck did I just do...LOL!!! It's fantastic Estelle showed such a great interest in learning Sign Language and it's the perfect age for her to start too. When she's so curious about everything and learning is so much fun...It really is perfect timing.

How different is the Swedish Alphabet though? As I have a hard time seeing Daniel having difficulty making the letter L in the English version. :)

On that note...It's US Open Ladies Championship Final time in NYC now. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Stoppa pressarna writes about "Victoria's secret recipes to stay fit"

Crown Princess Victoria is back - in a best condition in her lifetime.
Here is her secret recipe for staying in shape.
Victoria has never shined as much as she does on the red carpet and inaugurations. When she took part in the ceremony, "The Swede of the Year" at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm observed a reporter that she nearly "jumped up the stairs" to the Hall of Mirrors.
But the Crown Princess slender shapes don't only depend on running stairs. The secret recipe is based on something else entirely. Victoria is careful about what she eats and at Haga Palace chefs prepare only healthy, useful food. A tradition that Victoria brings with her from Drottningholm Palace.
- Butter is used only in exceptional cases and sauces shall be organic and not built on too much fat, says a source.
Furthermore, both she and Daniel are well aware that people should move. Therefore, the pair regularly trains at the gym, which is clearly seen if we look at Victoria's coached arms and the slim waist.
There are even healthy walks in the Haga Park where eyewitnesses regularly see Victoria and Daniel on power walks in the mornings.
- They are always pleasant and cheering happily back, says one of the residents in the area.
Så håller kronprinsessan Victoria formen Stoppa Pressarna

I agree to all Points..... but none of them are new.
So what makes her glowing apart from the above, which she is already following since years?
I soooo much hope of happy News à la UK, where the DoC just announced her second pregnany....
BYe Bine

me to hope for the happy news

I agree to all Points..... but none of them are new. So what makes her glowing apart from the above, which she is already following since years? I soooo much hope of happy News à la UK, where the DoC just announced her second pregnany....
BYe Bine

I agree. That would be lovely news. :flowers:

I think we might wait a little while for happy news..

I don't follow this family too closely however I have wondered why they haven't had more children. Were there problems with the first pregnancy?

LaRae

Maybe they just want one. It's not EXACTLY unheard of.

In royal families it's not as common to only see one child.

LaRae

It's the 21st century not the 12th...it's a perfectly acceptable choice and becoming normal.No reason a Royal couple with plenty of heirs should be different.

What and risk the title passing to PCP and Sophia's children? After all the wailing and carrying on here about him marrying her I'd think the same people would blow a gasket if the throne ended up there.

LaRae

If it is indeed a choice they make to keep to a single child it's her body, their family and presumably a choice they discussed and felt was right for them that is all that count's. The Swedish Royal family is in no danger of dying out like the Japanese Royal family...now that's a bad situation to be in.

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

What if they can't have a baby?
I hear a lot of people here in Sweden mentioning it as a possibility.
That could explain why the King (allegedly) was so adamant for Madeleine to remain a member of the Royal family and for Leonore to be an HRH (again allegedly) against the wishes of her parents.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
That's why I initially asked if she had problems with her first pregnancy...I thought perhaps there are health issues.

LaRae

the only fact I know is that these post (and mines) will be deleted because they are speculative

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

In royal families it's not as common to only see one child.

LaRae

Indeed, royal families never have one child.

1) no need to worry about juggling work with childcare, you have nannies
2) for a royal child, I would see it is for the benefit of the child to have a sibling, so they can share the burden of being a crown princess's child. Royal parents also seem to reason this way and have 2 or 3 children.

If Victoria and Daniel really have trouble conceiving the 2nd, I could imagine all comments made here and in the media are hurtful to them. In that case, they would make a very strong point issuing a press release that Estelle will be an only child, and that it is hurtful to see all media speculating on a 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
If Victoria and Daniel really have trouble conceiving the 2nd, I could imagine all comments made here and in the media are hurtful to them. In that case, they would make a very strong point issuing a press release that Estelle will be an only child, and that it is hurtful to see all media speculating on a 2nd.

That may be the most painful statement a couple could release. Even if physicians said them they would probably have no more child, there are still possibilities of an unexpected pregnancy. Couple with infertily issue very seldomly say "we won't have any child" or "we won't have any more chiildren" until menopause happens. They are rather saying "we are still in hope".

what a very cute girl. she has grown so much.
Love that they take her "on the job" :flowers:

I agree, I've always admired how Victoria and Daniel try to bring Estelle along to events whenever they can. She is so precious.

the only fact I know is that these post (and mines) will be deleted because they are speculative

If you know that as a 'fact', then why continue/participate in the discussion?

As no announcement has been made regarding Victoria and a possible pregnancy, further posts will be deleted as per the speculation rule.

Sometimes the royals help people with their interviews
One of the most famous authors in Finland, Kaari Utrio (72) told in this week's Iltalehti, that she realised that she was suffering from face blindress after she had read the interview of crown princess Victoria telling about her face blindness.
Normally, when one speaks with someone and closes her eyes, one sees the other person's face. Kaari Utrio doesn't see anything because her eyes don't read people's features.
Utrio tells that she understood as very young that she doesn't see the same than the others. In a way she was prepared to it, since she was very nearsighted. Utrio thought that she caused this herself, that she wasn't careful enough to put people's faces to her mind. Especially when she was studying, she had a hard time. The worst that Utrio feared was that people got hurt, when she didn't greet them. But when people start talking, she recognizes them in some point. Utrio tells that she is ashamed when she meets a person she has met three times before and she doesn't recognize the person's face. It is awkward.
Utrio had blamed herself in decades, until crown princess Victoria told about her face blindness in 2008. Then Utrio realized what her problem was about, it is a neurological disorder well known in some parts of the world. But in Finland it hadn't been talked about. She understood that she wasn't guilty in anything and hadn't done anything wrong.
After Victoria had told about her face blindness, Utrio started to find out more about it. The face blindness is in close connection with dyslexia, one of her brothers had dyslexia. It has been a great relief for Utrio that she doesn't have to feel guilty anymore. She has spoken with persons she hasn't met before like she knows them well, and on the other hand, she can't recognize her neighbour she has met dozens of times.
The face blindness gets worse when you get older. Utrio recognizes her family members and people she meets regularly. People's gestures, voice or exciting hairdo help in memorizing who the person is.
Kaari Utrio kärsii ikävästä vaivasta Häpeän määrä on loputon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom