The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish magazine Artlover has a short interview of Daniel, sculptor Tony Cragg has put a photo of it to his Twitter.
We can see from the photo that Daniel says that when he and his wife visited the sculpture park and the Galleri Andersson/Sandström in Umeå, he saw Tony Cragg's sculptures for the first time. He was touched to see the interaction between art and nature. The thought to show the sculptures and to make it possible to many people to see them felt totally right and he is very happy that it becomes a reality.
https://twitter.com/CraggOfficial/st...39652382650368

I hope that the whole Daniel's interview in Artlover will be available soon.
And now there is a photo of the whole Daniels interview in Artlover.
Daniel is asked where his interest to art comes from? He tells that as a child, he visited museums and on a few occasions local artists with his parents. At home were grandmother's weaves on the wall and paintings by artists from the area, much more than that, it has not been. He is not grown up in an environment where there has been strong interest in art, more generally, on the other hand interest in theater was substantial.
It is really only in the last 10-15 years he has begun to think about what art can tell, how it describes past and present, and how it affects us. He has traveled a lot both in Sweden and abroad and met many impressive and creative artists. His interest in art has just begun and it is so exciting to be introduced to a new world.
He hopes that, through this initiative, more people could open their eyes to different art expressions. In the same way that his curiosity has been brought to life.
https://tonycraggpadjurgarden.files....?w=1296&h=1728

Photo of Prince Daniel in an advertisement - in Morocco, advertising for glasses.
Optique Chaab has picked up a photo of the Swedish prince to promote their glasses.
Johanna Nordin from Stockholm saw something special in Agadir in Morocco, a big billboard that spread across in the street. The sign was for a glasses shop - and there was a photo of Sweden's Prince Daniel.
When Johanna saw it at the end of the year, she was greatly surprised. She saw it by accident and thought it was great that the court has sold themselves out for advertising. She took a photo of the advertisement and posted it on Instagram, tagged royal family's account and jokingly asked if the prince may advertise that way. She received no reply from the royal family.
When Expressen contacts Margareta Thorgren, she hasn't heard of the North African advertising coup.
- Oops! Such information we must of course investigate. We have counselors that handle such things when it occurs. Now first and foremost we will find out if it is true, with this image.
It's not the first time Prince Daniel is used in advertising abroad. Last fall, he and Crown Princess Victoria appeared on a large advertising banner in Canton, China.
The court contacted the advertiser.
- It has been handled. It's important that you do it, we always do when we get this kind of information, says Thorgren.
Bild på prins Daniel i reklam – i Marocko _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Old 05-24-2016, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Victoria and Daniel, they are having the best time of their life now.
Victorias och Daniels bästa tid är nu! _ Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning had an article in the latest issue about how Oscar's christening date is special to Daniel - on 27th May 2009 he got a new kidney from his father.
The article quotes Daniel's previous interview and his great speech at the Transplantation Jubilee in 2014.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 05-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cufflinks and key chains are sold with Victoria's monogram...
Sporrong Products - Medals Cufflinks Emblems Buttons Pins and more - Cufflinks
Sporrong Products - Medals Cufflinks Emblems Buttons Pins and more - Keychain
Old 06-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Crown Princess Victoria and Ingvar Kamprad. That's the trio Swedish people think promotes Sweden's brand best. That shows a new survey Novus made ​​on behalf of the Sveriges annonsörer (Association of Swedish Advertisers) on Sweden's National Day June 6th. Ahead of the National Day 1,000 Swedes answered who they think promotes Sweden brand best.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic topped the list as the Swedes' favorite with 50 %. Almost as many (47%) responded Crown Princess Victoria and one in three (33%), IKEA's Ingvar Kamprad as their favorite. King Carl XVI Gustaf is ranked in fourth place (31%), followed by actress Alicia Vikander (13%).
The strongest support Zlatan has in western Sweden, where 56 percent have him as the favorite, but among women (58%) and older, 65-79 years (63%) the Crown Princess is the most popular.
The people answered to the question: Who (max 3) of the following people do you think best promotes the brand Sweden?
Zlatan och Kronprinsessan svenskarnas favoriter - Sveriges Annonsörer
Translation

Kronprinsessan Victoria toppar ny lista _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm surprised that the king came so close to the top list... I thought he was much less popular... I had no doubt about Victoria ;-)
Old 06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Commoner

When you are the leader or the monarch in office, more often than not, you are always less popular than the next person in line. Once the next person comes into office, the same thing will apply, eg. Queen Victoria vs. CP Estelle.
In the UK for example, Prince William polls better than P.of.Wales Charles, but William will also in the future get the same comparison with Prince George.
In the USA, another different kind of example, the First Ladies always polls better than the Presidents; because they’re not making any meaningful decisions, hence they are not stepping on others’ toes.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Iltalehti has photos of Daniel with Oscar on Tuesday at the Haga Park.
Prinssi Daniel on vetreä isä - bongattiin vaunuttelulenkillä prinssi Oscarin kanssa
Old 06-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

The turkish press writes that Victoria and Daniel (and Estelle) are on a holiday in Turkey, they arrived at Turkey Milas-Bodrum Airport yesterday evening (the press writes that the couple arrived with their 6 year old daughter Emma). Today, the they went to the yacht 'Lady Britt' owned by Swedish businessman Sten Warborn, ceo and owner of swedish jeweller group Iduna. The photos are confusing.
Bodrum kraliyet ailesini ağırlıyor foto galerisi
Kraliyet ailesi Türkiye'ye geldi! - Sanal Medya

Sten Warborn told in April why he charters out his yacht Lady Britt
Sten Warborn_ Why I charter out my luxury yacht Lady Britt _ Boat International

Some articles say that Victoria and Daniel came without the children, celebrating their wedding anniversary.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

And while the turkish press writes that Victoria and Daniel are in Turkey, this young man has a photo at his Instagram, where he tells that he was with Daniel on Tuesday 21st June at the Kolmården Wildlife Park in Sweden:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG8eV11G...aken-by=wirrou

According to this message, Daniel was at Kolmården with Estelle:
https://twitter.com/AsaMardskog/stat...13433935691777
More tweets
"Princess Estelle and Daniel bought popcorn from me today, Estelle likes monkeys best"
https://twitter.com/annanascarlsson/...41956893229056
"When Princess Estelle comes to visit grandfather's elephants" (The King's elephants are at Kolmården)
https://twitter.com/M__Gustafsson/st...16739630641152
Old 06-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

yah, I've read contrasting news about the couple being in Turkey. I wish the press would check their sources first.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I just read about the visit to Kolmården (there's an article in Expressen). I really like that while people may tweet and ask to take selfies with Daniel, they don't take pictures of Estelle. She was there just like any other child, and people respected that. Well done.
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kung...ch-at-popcorn/
(in swedish)
Old 06-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Expressen:
Daniel and Estelle went to Kolmården in Östergötland - Estelle's duchy - to watch the animals and visit popular World of Bamse.
- It was a completely private visit, says Sylvi Bohlin, press officer at Kolmården.
The royal presence attracted the attention of several surprised employees. Amanda Samuelsson and Wictor Utter both work in the World of Bamse and when they had a break at lunchtime, a little unexpected visitors appeared.
- It was Prince Daniel and Estelle. They were there with another family, says Amanda.
To see the prince and Estelle on their job was a surprise but Wictor asked if he could take a photo with the prince, and then stood next to Daniel while Amanda photographed.
They know that Estelle and Daniel looked at the performance "Bamse och tårttjuven" (Bamse and the Cake Thief) during their visit.
It is unclear what Estelle felt about performance, but the princess's favorite was someone else.
Anna Carlsson, who lives in Kolmården near the zoo has tweeted. She stands in a cart near the new roller coaster Wildfire and sells snacks and soft drinks.
- Estelle bought popcorn and told that she had been with the monkeys, they smelled bad but were fun anyway. And she wanted to get into the cart and stand there but prince Daniel didn't allow that.
The group, which consisted of some friends of the prince, went then to the ropeway.
- There were three little girls and they seemed to have fun, says Anna Carlsson.
Estelle såg Bamse och åt popcorn på Kolmården _ Kungligt _ Expressen

It is nice that so far there aren't photos of Estelle at Kolmården, the amount of secretly taken photos of her has increased in social media during the last months.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren about the news of the family being in Turkey:
- No, no, it's not the crown princess with family, says Margareta Thorgren.
But Turkish media seems very confident of their information and publishes images?
- Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are not down in Turkey. They are at home and work. So all this is just fiction.
How Crown Princess Victoria and family celebrate midsummer?
- It is private so we do not go into that.
Nej, Estelle, Victoria och Daniel är inte i Turkiet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I love hearing stories, but especially not seeing pictures, about Estelle. It sure sounds like she had fun with daddy seeing the animals, and with her friends I agree with her, monkeys are some of my favorite but they do smell.

I think this is why they are so smart to include her in official events here and there. By allowing controlled access to the kids, there is not such a crazed demand. They can take the kids to a zoo and pictures don't flood twitter or media.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel was one of the nominees as the recipient of Svenska Barnidrottspris (Swedish Children's Sports Prize) this year.
The justification was
"Prince Daniel has not only in words but also concretely demonstrated that he stands up for all the children's health and wellbeing. One example is the Sports Day held every year at the Haga Park. There children can in a playful way try different physical activities with the aim that it will bring joy. He has a children's perspective that reaches out to the whole community."
Svenska Barnidrottspriset _ Nomineringar 2016

The winner of the prize this year was Kalle Zackari Wahlström from TV-program ”Gympaläraren” (Gym teacher)
Svenska Barnidrottspriset _ Pressmeddelande 2016

Daniel and Kalle Zackari Wahlström take part at the seminar in Almedalen on Monday.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Oscar and Victoria during the summer
https://s31.postimg.org/pr46uom57/image.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/jvmnqbyqd/SD...03_700x936.jpg
Old 07-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

bigger picture that includes Estelle
https://pp.vk.me/c615826/v615826349/...wY06wMl0wo.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c615826/v615826349/...GUMEH4sI94.jpg
a quick smile and the family is left alone.

Although not liking Victoria's hat...its the wrong team
Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Estelle is adorable as ever

Oscar looks a bit over dressed. He looks like he has a sweater, long pants and big socks. Then again Estelle has tights. Considering Vic is in shorts, seems the kids are a bit warmly dressed But happy to see them out.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

bigger picture that includes Estelle
https://pp.vk.me/c615826/v615826349/...wY06wMl0wo.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c615826/v615826349/...GUMEH4sI94.jpg
a quick smile and the family is left alone.
Very cute pictures!
Old 07-09-2016, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is third on the list of men at "De är snyggast i Almedalen" (most attractive, smart looking, stylish), done by Expressen's political reporter Niklas Svensson and his wife Lisa von Garrelts, chief editor of Life Science Sweden, of the people who were performers at the over 3800 events in Almedalen Week.
"Almedalen-debutant who drew full house when he came to the island to launch health initiative Generation Pep. Now the Prince wants to put people in motion - that the Prince moves, we already knew that, but next year we want to see him lead a morning jog along with the water. I'm in!"
De är snyggast i Almedalen 2016 _ Almedalen _ Expressen

Tags
victoria