Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel is as the only member of the royal family at Résumé's list of the 150 super communicators in swedish business life - the people who have demonstrated that they understand what can be accomplished with communication. Daniel is 16th on the category Authorities, organisations and non-profit organisations, and 104th at the whole list.
De är Näringslivets 150 Superkommunikatörer - Resumé

Aw, Estelle looks so cute! Who is the other little girl, or is she just a member of the public who had her photo taken with Estelle?

The photo was published at KISS official Twitter at a collage of KISSKids, photos of children with facepaint. It could be a friend of the crown princess family, but one can't know it for sure.

One funny poll made by Mytaxi:
Which Swedish celebrity would you rather share a taxi with?
1. Crown princess Victoria 12 %
2. Prime minister Stefan Löfven 8 %
3. Football star Zlatan Ibrahimovic 7 %
King Carl Gustaf 5 %
Prince Carl Philip 2 %
Princess Madeleine 1 %
Gissa vem_ – Den personen vill svenskarna helst åka taxi med _ Hänt.se

Thank you LadyFinn.
In regards to the poll, I think I would have voted for Victoria too. She seems like a lovely person to chat to. I get the impression that she is one of those people who is naturally likeable - the room lights up when she enters.

Victoria and Daniel attended at their good friend Leonie Persson's (wife of H&M ceo Karl-Johan Persson) 40th birthday party at the new restaurant Tak on Saturday. They were seen dancing and having a real good time. Victoria and Leonie have been friends since childhood.
DJ Tim Henri wrote to the photos at his Instagram
"It was an honor 2 spin 4 Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel again last night!"
Privata festbilderna – här dansar kronprinsessan loss _ Hänt.se

Svensk Damtidning has an article about Leonie Persson's 40th birthday. A posh black tie party was held at the Restaurant Tak at Petter Stordalen's new hotel Hobo. According to Damtidning's information, Victoria and Daniel were smuggled in through the garage in order not to wake so much attention. The guests were served first class japanese dinner. Victoria was brilliantly beautiful at a black dress from H&M, a nice gesture to the host couple of the party. The DJ of the evening was Tim Henri, and swedish superstar Veronica Maggio performed with many of her songs and Let's Dance -choir singer Joanna Perera sang many covers. Everyone was dancing, Victoria and Daniel too, for many hours. Leonie was surprised with a gospelchoir, which sang "Happy Birthday" for her.
- It was a magical evening and night, which will not be forgotten soon. But with respect for the hostess who is so private, I don't want to say more, said one of the guests.
Leonie has always held a very low profile.
It has been previously written that Victoria is the godmother of Leonie and Karl-Johan Persson's son Ian. But Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria is the godmother of their daughter Philippa, 9 years.

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning points out and brags at his chronicle that Svensk Damtidning was the only magazine and representant of the media, which got photos of the guests at Leonie Persson's birthday party. And the same with Caroline Dinkelspiel's 40th birthday party this year. Lindwall writes also that Leonie is one of Victoria's absolute best friends. And it was Victoria, who introduced Leonie to Karl-Johan Persson. Leonie didn't want to have any speeches at her party, but husband Karl-Johan held a speech, a declaration of love.
Svensk Damtidning's article about Leonie Persson's 40th birthday party. A lot of friends of the royal family as guests, and we can see that Victoria's friend Anna Jussil Broms is pregnant, so a new baby on the way at Victoria's and Daniel's circle of friends.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and children are spending some days at Solliden, they were seen yesterday at Kaffetorpet at Solliden and Victoria posed for a selfie.

The lunch got star splendor - when Jörgen Svahn, 45, encountered the crown princess. He asked about a selfie and Victoria said yes, reports Blekinge Läns Tidning.
It was Friday morning when Jörgen Svahn from Karlskrona and his wife and daughter went on a trip to Borgholm on Öland. Lunch was taken at the restaurant - and there his daughter saw a future head of state.
- The mother and daughter are interested in royalty. Then my daughter said that "Victoria and Daniel are over there", says Jörgen.
The Crown Princess with family finished their lunch at the same time as Jörgen's family. So when it was time to put the plate on the stroller, Jörgen suddenly stood just a centimeter from Victoria.
Then he took the opportunity - and asked for a selfie.
- At first she was a little doubtful because she was holding plates. But then when she realized it was a selfie there was no problem.
Did you see what she had eaten?
- No, I didn't see it. There were food leftovers on the plate, but what it was or whether it was hers, Estelle's or Oscar's, I do not know.
The Crown Princess is Jörgen's personal favorite in the royal family, and he thinks she has a nice image in the media. Even at the personal meeting in Borgholm he received a very positive impression of Victoria.
- Absolutely. The whole family was in a good mood, it was a beautiful day in Öland. It is nice that they are there, they have children and so, just like others, says Jörgen.
The selfie with the Crown Princess, he holds as his best ever. Formerly number one on the list was Claes of Geijerstam, but he has been passed by our future head of state. And Jörgen can only think on one selfie which would hit higher than this he took on Öland on Friday.
- Of course that would be Zlatan then. It's the only one to top this one, he says.
Jörgen Svahn tog selfie med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you for sharing that little tidbit, LadyFinn. I think it's nice that Victoria still lets people take photos with her on private occasions such as this. A good conversation starter for the man at the dinner table!

Victoria and Daniel have a lot to celebrate this weekend. Yesterday was 8 years of Daniel's kidney transplantation and today is Mother's Day in Sweden.

From Aftonbladet Söndag:
15 years of Love
Victoria and Daniel have never been so close-knit and in love as now. Even though they are in the middle of the years of infancy, they are careful to take care of each other.

Obviously the swedish press counts these years of love from 30th May 2002, when Expressen published that Daniel is Victoria's boyfriend.

Fashion designer Lars Wallin, who has designed dresses for Victoria, Madeleine and Sofia, has also designed jewellery and tableware. Some weeks ago his Royal Dream and Royal Garden tableware for Fyrklövern were released. Wallin told at the press meeting, that he had taken inspiration for his designing from crown princess Victoria's monogram and Haga Park. He said that it would be wonderful to give the Royal Dream tableware as a present on Victoria's 40th birthday.
Royal Dream_Royal Garden

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel has given a large interview to DN (Dagens Nyheter) about his seven years as a prince. At least part of it has been done at his school visit to Vallentuna a couple of weeks ago.
"Prince Daniel: Our children will learn how to go by metro and stand in a queue"
Prins Daniel om sina sju år i kungafamiljen - DN.SE

Unfortunately you have to pay to read the article.
But luckily DN has put a short video to their Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU0_sUzARk-/?taken-by=dagens_nyheter

And of course the other swedish media writes about the article and tells what is in it... good for us.
In Expressen:
Seven years ago Daniel Westling became part of the royal family. Even though the former gym owner has been forced to put down life as an entrepreneur, his commitment to sports and health continues.
In a major interview with DN's Karin Eriksson, he tells about his work with organization Generation Pep, which fights for children and young people's health.
Daniel tells that he and Victoria make sure that Estelle and Oscar are often out around the family home in Haga Palace.
In addition to being in nature, he takes the children to AIK matches. On the way to the game, Prince Daniel wants children to learn everyday things like going by a public transport.
- I think it's important to let the children be in all environments. One should know how the metro works and how it is to go by bus and how it is to queue and how it is to feel this passion that is in the sports events when it's a match and the Black Army (AIK's supporter club) sings at the top of their lungs. That's something I don't want them to miss, says Daniel to DN.
The day after the terror attack, the Crown Princess couple visited Drottninggatan. Victoria was then asked about how Sweden would proceed. "Together", was her short answer. Daniel tells to DN that he has learned a lot from his wife's ability to put words on things.
- She is so good and strong and has the ability to feel and see where an encouraging word and a pat on the shoulder are needed. We both are really interested in people and have a strong social commitment. It's very stimulating to have a wife who has been involved in so many exciting things.
They are talking also about Daniel's kidney transplant. Daniel tells that he is not suffering from the disease today, but that it has given him an increased understanding of other people's diseases. In the work of the Crown Princess couple's non-profit organization Generation Pep, Daniel has read the Scapis study that charts the incidence of cardiovascular disease and lung disease. The survey shows that those living in areas with poor socioeconomic conditions have twice as high a risk of stroke, COPD, depression and heart attack.
- In Sweden? Today? Depending on where you were born? It's so incredibly unfair. And just this is part of my commitment to this issue. We can not have it like this. We must try to change it with common forces. Everyone must ask themselves how they can contribute, says Daniel to DN.
Prins Daniel vill lära sina barn att åka tunnelbana _ Kungligt _ Expressen

In Svensk Damtidning
At the interview Daniel tells also of the official visit to Ockelbo as a prince. At first he was rather nervous about.
- I really love Ockelbo. Then to get home in this role ... Obviously I thought, how should it be?
But as soon as he and Victoria rolled into the train station, all the nervousness was released. Then Daniel saw how the people of his hometown had come to greet him and his new wife. And everyone seemed happy about the royal visit.
- What a privilege to have a situation where you can give happiness just by saying hi and watching someone in the eyes and asking how are you doing. It's an incredible luxury, says Daniel.
Daniel om det bästa med att vara prins _ Svensk Damtidning

Also shortly in english at the Local
'Our children should learn how to take the metro and queue'_ Prince Daniel - The Local

Last edited:
What a great couple, and wonderful hearing these open words!
BYe Bine

Photos at Daniel's interview
From photographer Paul Hansen's Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU16pe0gYYy/?taken-by=paul_hansen64
More photos from the interview, by Paul Hansen
http://cached-images.bonnier.news/c...4-cfb1-4eaa-91c0-b654d40d359f/bigOriginal.jpg
http://cached-images.bonnier.news/c...6-17ba-4875-aa4b-452b2ba1b9c4/bigOriginal.jpg
http://cached-images.bonnier.news/c...d-d413-4144-b6fe-601ea75cdda1/bigOriginal.jpg

Daniel's interview has been commented and shared a lot at the social media. Also the Swedish Kidney Association and the Heart-Lung Foundation have shared it.

Some more things about the interview in Dagens Nyheter:
- I think it's quite clear that I can gather and unite a group of strong forces in a common endeavor to improve, for example, public health, Daniel says.
Daniel also explains how his kidney disease affects life.
- I didn't believe the doctor when he said I would need a new kidney sometime. I was the world's most active and did not feel any symptoms, he says, and continues:
- It has given me a deeper understanding, when someone says "I am sick, I feel bad, I have these concerns". If I continue to feel like this, I can feel that this experience has been good and that it has added something to my life. A humility for life and for others who are having it much worse.
Prins Daniel om svåra krisen med Victoria _ Stoppa Pressarna

Daniel told at the interview also about Estelle
Daniel tells that Estelle is still dancing as a leisure activity. And at Haga he is reading for her. One of the books the princess really likes is the one recently created by Gen-Pep. The book "Fiffiga kroppen och finurliga knoppen" will attract little children to move and exercise.
- I have read it to Estelle and she loves it. Being with your children is the best thing there is, Daniel says.
However, getting Estelle to move doesn't seem to be a problem. She seems to have inherited her parents love for outdoor activities.
- Now Estelle is in the age when she is learning to cycle and it's incredibly fun, Daniel tells.
Daniel ska lära Estelle åka tunnelbana _ Svensk Damtidning

I think the Swedish CP family is my favourite family out of all the European royals. They just seem so lovely, down-to-earth and genuine.
It's good that Daniel is giving interviews and such about his kidney disease, because it will encourage others who have the same condition. It was cute to hear that Estelle is learning to cycle! I really wish I learnt, but a medical condition prevented me from doing so.
The photos in the article were adorable too - Estelle looks like a little clone of Victoria in the second photo.

I think the Swedish CP family is my favourite family out of all the European royals. They just seem so lovely, down-to-earth and genuine.

I feel the same. To me, the only family who comes close are the Wessex.

Daniel on the cover of Dagens Nyheter Saturday Magazine
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBX8DTdXcAA4FpA.jpg:large

About Daniel's interview in Dagens Nyheter
That's a lot you must be able to do as a royal. Speeches should preferably be performed without the support of notes, names of people and their titles must be in the memory and large topics such as environmental issues and problems in society must be studied to carry out their jobs and help Sweden further.
And in order to succeed, Prince Daniel has his own trick that he tells about in the interview.
- When I have to learn something, I usually go for a walk. I take the paper which I have to read with me.
Prins Daniel berättar om sitt hemliga knep _ Svensk Damtidning

GEN-PEP about the interview at their social media:
- We want that all children in Sweden are able to move for sixty minutes a day. If we can get it, we would change public health enormously.
https://www.facebook.com/generation...4395935966586/247934172279428/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
Dagens Nyheter has now opened Daniel's interview published last Friday, to be able to read for everyone for free.
Here is some parts of it:
Prince Daniel tells about hos he and Victoria launched GEN-PEP. Both he and his wife, Crown Princess Victoria, have noticed the differences during their travels in the country.
- It's a paradox. We belong to those who exercise most in Europe, and to those who are most sedentary. We have good conditions, we are getting more and more aware. Those who already have it tough financially and socially, they are those who always suffer from disease and even then have it most hardest. You can feel that it is so unfair.
The research confirms the health gaps. Prince Daniel has taken the impression of Scapis (Swedish cardiopulmonary bioimage study). It is a unique study in which all six university hospitals collaborate to study the presence of cardiovascular disease and lung diseases with studies of 30,000 people.
GEN-PEP's latest initiative is a book by Josefine Sundström and Emma Göthner with Bonnier Carlsen. "Fiffiga kroppen och finurliga knoppen" is about how Saga tries to embroider an S and is sent out to play. After an adventurous moment in the fresh air, the task goes a lot better. Readers will also learn about the body and the brain, and some tips on fun everyday games. The book will be given to 4-5 year olds in Stockholm.
- I've read it for Estelle and she loves it. Just reading for your children is so incredibly important. This time I personally value so high, when you are close and you talk about everything possible. I see this as a little inspiration and education. How easy it is to take the kids out. This spontaneous plays which are so important. It's about adding positive habits. It permeates our thinking. We know it's so hard to take away the bad habits.
When a successful gym owner marries a crown princess, he had to say farewell to his life as an entrepreneur. It took nine years from the first meeting to the wedding, so he had time to think.
- I feel I've found right, he says.
His life has taken the most special of turns. However, his interest in sport and health forms a straight line from growth to today.
- You don't choose the career I did if you don't have passion to change people's health. I have devoted all my adult life to it. As a teenager, I also trained and wrote training programs to others and tried to inspire friends and my surroundings to live healthy. I knew early that I would work with people and sports and health.
Even during his kidney illness, he tried to keep himself physically fit, albeit at a low level. He sees it as an example of how people adapt to the conditions. He takes gladly this opportunity to encourage others with positive experiences from the transplant.
- If I am at hospital and samples are taken, I usually ask the doctor if they can plan so that I can meet some families and children to go through this. Then I can be a good example of how it can go. It has almost given me more gratitude and humility to life than my own situation. Because it went quite sharply anyway.
I think that the former gym owner Daniel Westling entered to the new prince role with entrepreneur's eyes. He doesn't protest against that description.
- That's how it is. Absolutely. I have the ability to want and dare to do things and test. I wouldn't feel good if I didn't try to make the most of my possibilities. Then we'll see. Come back in 30 years and see if I've done anything. I have never thought "What should I do?" We make lots of exciting things, with our travels and meetings with people. We try to draw attention to important issues. There is so much to do. It is important to prioritize and do things that make a difference. It is one of the strengths of our form of government that we have the ability to give joy and draw attention. But then you have to like it. It's very easy if you think it's fun. You have to think it's fun to come out here at school and meet teachers and students.
Has that role always felt comfortable?
- I have been an executive at work in various contexts, and got my staff to enjoy and create energy and meet people. Just like my dad. We are very similar, he and I. He is also social and thinks it's fun with people and to create energy.
Olle Westling worked as a Social Manager. He has never given interviews about his relationship with the royal family. But after a few hours at Bällstabergsskolan, I think that with his work with vulnerable people he has been an important source of inspiration for a future prince.
A prince who has grown up in the country - what perspective it brings to the royal family?
- Maybe the king or queen should answer to that. They are Stockholmers who have been the most in rural areas, traveled around. I think they understand as well as I how it is in rural areas. At the same time, it is clear that I am very pleased that my wife has her background, and I have mine, and they are very different. I think we give our children very good things through it. I have worked with children with special needs, I have worked with senior citizens, I have run my own business. It has enriched me very much. And those are experiences that I have a lot of joy in the role I have now.
In December, the Crown Princess couple released a film where they and the children wished a Merry Christmas from a sizzling sausage grill in Tyresta National Park.
- We would like to inspire. We have incredible environments close to us, even we who live in big cities. We like to be out in nature and want our children to have the same opportunities we have had to feel safe in that environment, says the prince.
Prins Daniel om sina sju år i kungafamiljen - DN.SE
Translation

Last edited:
A chronicle in Dagens Nyheter after they published his interview.
Prince Daniel - Sweden's response to Michelle Obama
Eat your vegetables, Michelle Obama lectured with a wide smile when she launched her Let's Move campaign in 2010 to reduce the overweight of American children.
In Sweden, her counterpart is Prince Daniel and the organization Generation Pep.
Much separates them, of course, but both entered into their new roles, well aware that they had an unbeatable platform - and tied hands.
When Paul Hansen photographs the students at Bällstabergsskolan they play the ball game King with their guest from the court. The children divide: did the prince bounce the ball in the box or outside?...¨
... It has been almost exactly seven years since gym owner Daniel Westling from Ockelbo married Crown Princess Victoria. Sweden's first husband has landed in his role and started playing King. "Come back after 30 years and see if I've accomplished anything", he says.
Prins Daniel – Sveriges svar på Michelle Obama - DN.SE
Translation

Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond, often also called Victoriafonden (Crown Princess Victoria's Fund), celebrates this year its 20th anniversary.
Since the beginning in 1997, SEK 119 million has been collected for the benefit of children and young people with disabilities and / or chronic illness. As usual, this will be noted in connection with the Crown Princess's birthday on July 14th at the concert shown at SVT.
To further pay attention to the anniversary, a new logo has been developed for Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond.
Kronprinsessan Victorias fond firar 20 år _ Radiohjälpen 901950-6
https://www.radiohjalpen.se/sites/default/files/panorama/2017-06/vic panorama juni 17_0.jpg

Some photos of Victoria's visits to activities
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Victoria_elhockey.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Skidåkning_Victoria.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Victoria-med-barn-blödarsjuka.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Victoria_blödarsjuka_crop2.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Victoria_intervju.jpg
http://www.nordiskdrama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Victoria_fotboll.jpg

Last edited:
Victoria, Daniel and the children visited Artipelag during the weekend.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAGynCFZlk/?tagged=artipelagmuseum

The name ‘Artipelag’ is a combination of Art, Activities and Archipelago. The intention has been to create a destination of high international quality – with boundary-crossing art exhibits, inspiring activities and great food.
https://artipelag.se/en/about-artipelag/
There is now the summer exhibition of Edmund de Waal and Giorgio Morandi.
Exhibitions - Artipelag

At Daniel's interview in Artlover magazine it was told that Bo Nilsson, the Director of Artipelag Art Hall, is one of the persons who has guided Daniel in his interest in art.

Susanne Sjöstedt writes at her chronicle in Allehanda about Daniel's interview in Dagens Nyheter a week ago.
Susanne Sjöstedt (S): Prince Daniel has understood it with inequality
"If I'm a single mother with three children, working in health care, then I'm not wondering if I'm going to go out and jog with my children. I have to have time to make clothes clean and the food ready" (that's what Daniel said in his interview).
In a big interview in Dagens Nyheter Prince Daniel, in the midst of the rojalistic nonsense that always have to be in interviews with members of the royal family, demonstrates that he has understood the crux the health challenge in Sweden faces: it is not enough to know what is required for a better health.
Three out of four girls and more than half of all boys move less than the recommended 60 pulse-increasing minutes per day. The statistics at The Swedish Research Council for Sport Science research presented in May.
Mom or dad drives the children to school instead of bicycling, the computer tempts more than organized sports in free time and the weekends are spent sedentary. And the passivity just gets worse the older the children will be. Hardly one in seven girls in high school moves enough.
School gymnastics can be a partial solution, but as both Aila Ibanez Mengüc and Prince Daniel emphasize in their interviews, it is not a matter of course if the children who need it most really get it.
But even here the prince is on the right track when he talks about "joy of motion" instead of sports lessons tailored to the kids who practice football, hockey or basketball in their spare time. These don't need school sports adapted to their level, however those, for whom school sports is the only real training they receive in the week - and who don't get the physical activity naturally, need it.
It's not about "holding back" talented students; it's about getting eyes open to such fundamental inequality which, frankly said, means that the poor die prematurely. Not because they don't understand better or are incapable of taking their own responsibility, but because they are already in adolescence stuck in conditions where they don't have the power to change.
- We have good conditions, we are getting more and more aware. Those who already have it tough financially and socially, they are those who always suffer from diseases and also have the greatest difficulty, says the prince in his DN interview.
Does the pollette turn down easier for some people when it's a prince pointing out the society's inequality? Hopefully.
Susanne Sjöstedt (S)_ Prins Daniel har fattat det där med ojämlikhet

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has an article about Victoria's and Daniel's wedding anniversary on Monday. The magazine quotes Victoria's words at her interview for TV4. It also writes that their friendship turned soon to a deep love. They both wanted to have children and joked that they could give their future child name Benny, after Daniel's gym colleague Benny Johansson. But it became little Estelle and then also little Oscar. Their dream about "being more than the two of them" became true.
Damtidning writes also that to the question if Daniel has succeeded in what he promised on their wedding day - to do everything he could to keep Victoria as happy as on that day - the answer is surely: yes, yes, yes!

Victoria is mentioned at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs video from last year "Sweden and the United Nations. Pushing for peace.".
Folke Bernadotte is mentioned too. Sweden joined in the United Nations in 1946 and the video celebrates its 70 years in the UN.
https://vimeo.com/166477973

Great find. It looks like the got visitors from Belgium. The man walking next to Estelle totally looks like King Philippe.

It must be him, with his daughter. It's great that they can visit (almost) without getting recognized :flowers:

Victoria is again this year on magazine Mama's list of 33 most powerful mothers in Sweden. Mama has listed 33 most powerful mothers, in no particular order.

Heir to the Throne: HRH Crown Princess Victoria, 39
HRH Crown Princess Victoria, 39, may not have any formal political power, but the impact of everything she does and says is hard to measure. We look at her clothes (willingly Swedish designers or why not mom Silvia's clothes from the 70s?), engage us in the growth of princess Estelle, 5, and Prince Oscar, 1, and hang with her environmental commitment. A more easily loved monarch can be hard to find.
Vi har utsett Sveriges 33 mäktigaste mamas 2017! – mama.nu

Karin Lennmor, the former editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, starts today as Expressen's royal commentator. She writes at her first chronicle about Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister (whom she and the other representatives of the media called Armour-Alice) and Victoria.

Thank you our wonderful ordinary Victoria!
I think of Crown Princess Victoria and how her relationship with the Swedish people and the media has deepened over the years.
Once in the 90's, the comedian and stand-up artist Anna-Lena Brundin said about the Crown Princess: "Thanks Victoria, because you are so abnormally normal."
Victoria was barely 20 years old, and had just frankly told she was suffering from eating disorders. It was the start of some kind of love relationship between her and the Swedish people, because she dared to be so open.
Today, about 20 years later and close to her 40th birthday, the popularity of the Crown Princess is, to say the least, enormous. In the Demoskop survey published by Expressen in late April, Victoria is the bright winner, both in terms of popularity and trust, when the Swedish people chose their favorite in the royal house.
And of course, the secret is obvious - she is so abnormally normal.
Being a royal is about a balance between being majestic and popular. Here good advisors can do wonders. It's a conscious construction, a royal is never alone.
In Victoria's case she obviously gets plus points for:
She dares to cry, show feelings and cohabitation when Sweden is hit by terror.
She has an enviable ability to see people in her vicinity - a trait she inherited from her mother.
She and her family sneak into Stockholm's largest sports chain to shop for ski equipment for the children when Twixmas sale!
She dresses in H & M clothes ....
She goes to Pressbyrån in Borgholm and buys Piggelin (ice glass) and sweets.
She is now an equally valuable brand for Sweden as Ikea or Volvo.
She laughs on her own expense in almost every public context.
It is of course the crown princess's casual way and feet-on-ground mentality that gave her her popularity. But we must not forget that she also had huge help of today's Armour-Alices: above all her husband, a handful of close friends and Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who has been her mentor. People who helped her to become and be a crown princess.
Hopefully, it will be a long time before we see her as Sweden's regent.
I remember Victoria's answer when she at one point was asked how she felt that one day she would become queen. She answered:
- Sad. Because that means that my dad is dead.
Thank you Victoria for being like us, because you replied as we would all do.
Thank you for being so abnormally normal!
Tack vår underbart vanliga Victoria! _ Karin Lennmor _ Expressen

According to Instagram. Victoria and Daniel met swedish singer Zara Larsson at Haga Palace on Monday, she visited there with her mother.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWGNXWLl0Sl/?taken-by=zarapictures
https://twitter.com/lilmixus/status/882143589303799808

Aftonbladet tells that Zara Larsson's mother Agnetha put the photo to her Facebook and from there it came to Internet. Court's information officer Ulrika Näsholm confirms that Victoria and Daniel met Zara Larsson and her mother, she didn't to say exact day, said just "they met this week". Näsholm said also that it was a private lunch and she doesn't comment it more than that.
Information from a person with insight said to Nöjesbladet that the meeting was about that the court wants engage the star in one of their organizations.
The Crown Princess is involved in several different organizations, including the Royal Academy of Music.
When Aftonbladet's Nöjesbladet contacts Zara Larsson's mother Agnetha, she doesn't want to go into the meeting.
- We met them, I was there to support. But more information about this will come later, she says.
However, she denies the rumors that Zara Larsson would perform at the birthday celebration in Öland.
- No, I can say that she will not because we are going to a wedding for my nephew. She was asked but thanked no, the family goes first, she says.
She praises the lunch and the host couple.
- They were really super nice, Crown Princess Victoria is really so humble and sympathetic, as Daniel said in that video recently, she says.
Zara Larssons hemliga möte med kronprinsessan Victoria _ Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom