The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 02-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,424
No. The house of Bernadotte is a last name, a dynasty. New blood enters. How is it any different then Queen Silvia? Or Sibylla? Just because their children are half Sommerlath and so on, makes them no less Bernadottes. Estelle and her siblings are still half Bernadotte, just on their mother's side. Unless they were to practice incest, no child will ever be more than half Bernadotte. CP's children will be no more Bernadotte than Estelle.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 02-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No. The house of Bernadotte is a last name, a dynasty. New blood enters. How is it any different then Queen Silvia? Or Sibylla? Just because their children are half Sommerlath and so on, makes them no less Bernadottes. Estelle and her siblings are still half Bernadotte, just on their mother's side. Unless they were to practice incest, no child will ever be more than half Bernadotte. CP's children will be no more Bernadotte than Estelle.
The question was not asked to you, and you misread what I wrote. The point you make was the exact same one I was making. This is going to be a long 6 weeks for you with no Dr. PEPPER.:beer:
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:17 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,424
This is a discussion board, not a private conversation I interrupted. Perhaps your poorly explained post is more at fault then my misreading. How is one meant to interpret 'the extinction of the family line'??? If you agree, certainly its been extinct generations ago. I mean every royal bride brought new blood in.

And what is with the 'beer' comment? Uncalled for and extremely rude.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:22 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This is a discussion board, not a private conversation I interrupted. Perhaps your poorly explained post is more at fault then my misreading. How is one meant to interpret 'the extinction of the family line'??? If you agree, certainly its been extinct generations ago. I mean every royal bride brought new blood in.

And what is with the 'beer' comment? Uncalled for and extremely rude.
You are right on all counts....
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:27 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I wonder how the family feels about being so close to the crown, to the point that their blood, Estelle, will one day be queen? It will still be the House of Bernadotte when Estelle ascends to the Silver Throne, but she is still a Westling.
I guess the Westling family has got used to be close to the crown, Victoria and Daniel have been together over 14 years now and Victoria has attended at their family celebrations right from the start when she and Daniel started dating. Estelle is as much a Bernadotte than she is a Westling.

Estelle celebrating a swedish goal
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvrtZziVWc/
More
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4ex-TSZVg...J410_2379_.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aKF9NYeB5...J410_2391_.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ns7LkxlHl..._2415%2B_2.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvj-AYRSft/?tagged=hovet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvObCwxS28/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvKs6DmD4q/

Viimeisillään raskaana oleva Victoria vieraili lätkäkatsomossa – Estelle hurrasi villisti, kun Ruotsi murjoi Leijonat - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 02-14-2016, 04:04 AM
eya eya is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,450
I love this photo! https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...33&oe=5765ABC8 What a beautiful family!
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 02-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I love this photo! https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...33&oe=5765ABC8 What a beautiful family!
It is sweet! Am looking forward to the new addition (hoping a boy for Daniel).
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 02-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 354
@Lady Finn - that was my meaning of my question, how are the Westlings handling the closeness to royalty. You hardly hear anything about the Westlings; they don't seek out the press. I think the last time the press asked a Westling a question is when the court announced Victoria is pregnant again. Are the Westlings considered higher in status compared to the Hellqvists and the O'Neills because their family members are future queens?

@Lady Nimue - rooting for a prince, too. A mini-me for Daniel.
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 02-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,495
Wonderful pictures! They're such a beautiful family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
It is sweet! Am looking forward to the new addition (hoping a boy for Daniel).
Who says Daniel even wants a boy?
__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 02-14-2016, 01:13 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Finn - that was my meaning of my question, how are the Westlings handling the closeness to royalty. You hardly hear anything about the Westlings; they don't seek out the press. I think the last time the press asked a Westling a question is when the court announced Victoria is pregnant again. Are the Westlings considered higher in status compared to the Hellqvists and the O'Neills because their family members are future queens?
It is very obvious that Daniel's parents, his sister Anna and her family don't want to talk to the press. They are very private people. No one of us knows how many times the press has called them, and they have said "no comment". The Hellqvists talk to the press, and I think that it is their own choice too.
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 02-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: namur, Belgium
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It is very obvious that Daniel's parents, his sister Anna and her family don't want to talk to the press. They are very private people. No one of us knows how many times the press has called them, and they have said "no comment". The Hellqvists talk to the press, and I think that it is their own choice too.

The Hellqvists talk? They answer 2 words to the journalists who their ask a question and that's it. And it is rare. The three families are discrete overall. No need to criticize one or the other, to highlight one in particular.
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 02-14-2016, 06:23 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Thank you for the photos, LadyFinn. It's lovely to see Estelle again, she looks adorable and seemed to be enjoying the match! Her little Swedish flag face paint is super cute. It's nice that they invited Daniel's niece, too. Victoria and Daniel seem very down to earth; they looked just like any other family on a day out to the match.

I can't wait to see photos of Estelle with her younger siblings when she or he is born.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 02-14-2016, 07:15 PM
MarNoe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utah, United States
Posts: 720
Didn't Daniel register with the tax authority as Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte? Wouldn't that make Estelle a Bernadotte?
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 02-14-2016, 08:19 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,049
Yes and yes.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,424
He did, though it doesn't seem to have been required. Both Leonore and Nicolas are registered as Bernadottes, and not their father's surname.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Wonderful pictures! They're such a beautiful family



Who says Daniel even wants a boy?
They are indeed a beautiful family. As far as Daniel wanting a boy, you're right, none of us knows this for sure. It is just a casual assumption most people make (all men want a son) - and probably shouldn't. I am also sure you know this, so let's nip this potential argument in the bud - NO ONE knows what Daniel thinks except for Daniel, right? Isn't that your point?
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Nimue - rooting for a prince, too. A mini-me for Daniel.
It will be sweet, won't it? But we'll see. I have some bets down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Who says Daniel even wants a boy?
I just said I was hoping for a boy for them. What does Daniel's wishes have to do with my comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
They are indeed a beautiful family. As far as Daniel wanting a boy, you're right, none of us knows this for sure. It is just a casual assumption most people make (all men want a son) - and probably shouldn't. I am also sure you know this, so let's nip this potential argument in the bud - NO ONE knows what Daniel thinks except for Daniel, right? Isn't that your point?
That we are even looking at a 'potential argument' has me nonplussed.

Hey, Gang! It's Valentines' Day in the USA!

Happy Valentines' Day! Spread the love around!


__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,005
Am i the only one who are checking the royal family website, the newspapers and this board on a daily basis now quietly hoping for happy news ? ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 AM
LadyCatharine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast Ohio, United States
Posts: 464
I'm betting CP Victoria will have a boy!
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 02-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Am i the only one who are checking the royal family website, the newspapers and this board on a daily basis now quietly hoping for happy news ? ;-)
I am checking also, Hans
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
victoria


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 1: June 2010 - Marengo Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 697 11-15-2016 02:45 PM
General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015 JessRulz Current Events Archive 584 06-17-2015 05:26 PM
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 679 06-02-2014 10:38 PM
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010 Marengo Current Events Archive 399 09-23-2010 07:03 AM
Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 6: Sept 2008 - June 2010 Marengo Current Events Archive 308 06-22-2010 10:34 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit poll catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in washington royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats the duchess of cornwall working visit


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises