The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

No. The house of Bernadotte is a last name, a dynasty. New blood enters. How is it any different then Queen Silvia? Or Sibylla? Just because their children are half Sommerlath and so on, makes them no less Bernadottes. Estelle and her siblings are still half Bernadotte, just on their mother's side. Unless they were to practice incest, no child will ever be more than half Bernadotte. CP's children will be no more Bernadotte than Estelle.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
No. The house of Bernadotte is a last name, a dynasty. New blood enters. How is it any different then Queen Silvia? Or Sibylla? Just because their children are half Sommerlath and so on, makes them no less Bernadottes. Estelle and her siblings are still half Bernadotte, just on their mother's side. Unless they were to practice incest, no child will ever be more than half Bernadotte. CP's children will be no more Bernadotte than Estelle.
The question was not asked to you, and you misread what I wrote. The point you make was the exact same one I was making. This is going to be a long 6 weeks for you with no Dr. PEPPER.:beer:

Old 02-14-2016, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a discussion board, not a private conversation I interrupted. Perhaps your poorly explained post is more at fault then my misreading. How is one meant to interpret 'the extinction of the family line'??? If you agree, certainly its been extinct generations ago. I mean every royal bride brought new blood in.

And what is with the 'beer' comment? Uncalled for and extremely rude.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
This is a discussion board, not a private conversation I interrupted. Perhaps your poorly explained post is more at fault then my misreading. How is one meant to interpret 'the extinction of the family line'??? If you agree, certainly its been extinct generations ago. I mean every royal bride brought new blood in.

And what is with the 'beer' comment? Uncalled for and extremely rude.
You are right on all counts....
Old 02-14-2016, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I wonder how the family feels about being so close to the crown, to the point that their blood, Estelle, will one day be queen? It will still be the House of Bernadotte when Estelle ascends to the Silver Throne, but she is still a Westling.
I guess the Westling family has got used to be close to the crown, Victoria and Daniel have been together over 14 years now and Victoria has attended at their family celebrations right from the start when she and Daniel started dating. Estelle is as much a Bernadotte than she is a Westling.

Estelle celebrating a swedish goal
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvrtZziVWc/
More
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4ex-TSZVg...J410_2379_.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aKF9NYeB5...J410_2391_.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ns7LkxlHl..._2415%2B_2.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvj-AYRSft/?tagged=hovet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvObCwxS28/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvKs6DmD4q/

Viimeisillään raskaana oleva Victoria vieraili lätkäkatsomossa – Estelle hurrasi villisti, kun Ruotsi murjoi Leijonat - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Old 02-14-2016, 04:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I love this photo! https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...33&oe=5765ABC8 What a beautiful family!
Old 02-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I love this photo! https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...33&oe=5765ABC8 What a beautiful family!
It is sweet! Am looking forward to the new addition (hoping a boy for Daniel).
Old 02-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Nobility

@Lady Finn - that was my meaning of my question, how are the Westlings handling the closeness to royalty. You hardly hear anything about the Westlings; they don't seek out the press. I think the last time the press asked a Westling a question is when the court announced Victoria is pregnant again. Are the Westlings considered higher in status compared to the Hellqvists and the O'Neills because their family members are future queens?

@Lady Nimue - rooting for a prince, too. A mini-me for Daniel.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful pictures! They're such a beautiful family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
It is sweet! Am looking forward to the new addition (hoping a boy for Daniel).
Who says Daniel even wants a boy?

Old 02-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
@Lady Finn - that was my meaning of my question, how are the Westlings handling the closeness to royalty. You hardly hear anything about the Westlings; they don't seek out the press. I think the last time the press asked a Westling a question is when the court announced Victoria is pregnant again. Are the Westlings considered higher in status compared to the Hellqvists and the O'Neills because their family members are future queens?
It is very obvious that Daniel's parents, his sister Anna and her family don't want to talk to the press. They are very private people. No one of us knows how many times the press has called them, and they have said "no comment". The Hellqvists talk to the press, and I think that it is their own choice too.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It is very obvious that Daniel's parents, his sister Anna and her family don't want to talk to the press. They are very private people. No one of us knows how many times the press has called them, and they have said "no comment". The Hellqvists talk to the press, and I think that it is their own choice too.

The Hellqvists talk? They answer 2 words to the journalists who their ask a question and that's it. And it is rare. The three families are discrete overall. No need to criticize one or the other, to highlight one in particular.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the photos, LadyFinn. It's lovely to see Estelle again, she looks adorable and seemed to be enjoying the match! Her little Swedish flag face paint is super cute. It's nice that they invited Daniel's niece, too. Victoria and Daniel seem very down to earth; they looked just like any other family on a day out to the match.

I can't wait to see photos of Estelle with her younger siblings when she or he is born.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Didn't Daniel register with the tax authority as Olof Daniel Westling Bernadotte? Wouldn't that make Estelle a Bernadotte?
Old 02-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Majesty

Yes and yes.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

He did, though it doesn't seem to have been required. Both Leonore and Nicolas are registered as Bernadottes, and not their father's surname.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Wonderful pictures! They're such a beautiful family

They are indeed a beautiful family. As far as Daniel wanting a boy, you're right, none of us knows this for sure. It is just a casual assumption most people make (all men want a son) - and probably shouldn't. I am also sure you know this, so let's nip this potential argument in the bud - NO ONE knows what Daniel thinks except for Daniel, right? Isn't that your point?
Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
@Lady Nimue - rooting for a prince, too. A mini-me for Daniel.
It will be sweet, won't it? But we'll see. I have some bets down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I just said I was hoping for a boy for them. What does Daniel's wishes have to do with my comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
They are indeed a beautiful family. As far as Daniel wanting a boy, you're right, none of us knows this for sure. It is just a casual assumption most people make (all men want a son) - and probably shouldn't. I am also sure you know this, so let's nip this potential argument in the bud - NO ONE knows what Daniel thinks except for Daniel, right? Isn't that your point?
That we are even looking at a 'potential argument' has me nonplussed.

Hey, Gang! It's Valentines' Day in the USA!

Happy Valentines' Day! Spread the love around!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Am i the only one who are checking the royal family website, the newspapers and this board on a daily basis now quietly hoping for happy news ? ;-)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Nobility

I'm betting CP Victoria will have a boy!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Am i the only one who are checking the royal family website, the newspapers and this board on a daily basis now quietly hoping for happy news ? ;-)
I am checking also, Hans

Tags
victoria