The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so impatient for the baby to be born. For some reason this particular birth has me particularly keen. So happy for them. I want her to be especially careful and rest.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The auction of Daniel's childhood cuddly toys is now going in Tradera, the auction ends at 12.00. The highest bid wins and the money goes to Världens barn-organisation (The Children of the World).
Svensk Damtidning is bidding of the smallest lamb, which has "Estelle Bows".
Nu klubbas prins Daniels gosedjur! _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

From Expressen:
Among all bidders there is only one company that has made an offer and it is Svensk Damtidning
- For us it was clear. We just shouted in the newsroom when we saw that you had Prince Daniel stuffed toys, said the chief editor Karin Lennmor to Radio P4 Gävleborg in their live broadcast from Ockelbo. (Radio Gävleborg invented the idea to auction Daniel's toys).
They have bid on the smallest lamb due to a special reason:
- The lamb has exactly similar little cute bows like Estelle. It raises the undeniable value, says Karin Lennmor P4 Gävleborg.
Lennmor said that if they win the lamb, they perhaps give it to the child Victoria and Daniel are expecting.
Vill du äga Daniels gamla gosedjur_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The organisers hoped to get 5000 SEK from the cuddly toys, now when there is little time to bid, there is over 13000 SEK at the bids.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The auction of Daniel's childhood cuddly toys is now going in Tradera, the auction ends at 12.00. The highest bid wins and the money goes to Världens barn -organisation (The Children of the World).
Svensk Damtidning is bidding of the smallest lamb, which has "Estelle Bows".
Nu klubbas prins Daniels gosedjur! _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

From Expressen:
Among all bidders there is only one company that has made an offer and it is Svensk Damtidning
- For us it was clear. We just shouted in the newsroom when we saw that you had Prince Daniel stuffed toys, said the chief editor Karin Lennmor to Radio P4 Gävleborg in their live broadcast from Ockelbo. (Radio Gävleborg invented the idea to auction Daniel's toys).
They have bid on the smallest lamb due to a special reason:
- The lamb has exactly similar little cute bows like Estelle. It raises the undeniable value, says Karin Lennmor P4 Gävleborg.
The chief editor of the magazine, Karen Lennmor tells that if they win the lamb, they will give it to the future child of Victoria and Daniel.
Vill du äga Daniels gamla gosedjur_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The organisers hoped to get 5000 SEK from the cuddly toys, now when there is little time to bid, there is 9150 SEK at the bids.
This is such a great and sweet idea :)
Old 09-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

The auction ended, and totally 24200 SEK was bidded of Daniel's old toys, the money goes to Världens Barn-organisation.
Över 24 000 för kungligt mys - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio

Svensk Damtidning didn't get the small lamb.
Auktionen har avslutats! _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 09-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

That's absolutely good news!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
That's absolutely good news!
I agree! 5 times of what they expected to get from it!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree! 5 times of what they expected to get from it!
To be honest, I didn't expect that either! But I was pleasantly surprised!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Radio P4 Gävleborg talked with Joakim Dahl, who won two of the three toys:
- I found out about the auction for half an hour before it closed, says Joakim Dahl, who got home two toys.
His son helped him to bid.
But did he get some maximum bid from you?
- No, it was, as usual, just full speed ahead, says Joakim and tells that he has five grandchildren so if Prince Daniel has a few more cuddly toys tucked away he would be happy to have them too (at an auction I think).
Program host Larry Forsberg is pleased with the day and said that they have written local radio history.
Totally Ockelbo collected 46 451 SEK to Världens Barn, 20000 SEK more than last year.
Över 24 000 för kungligt mys - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio
Old 09-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Nice that the toys stay in the Ockelbo area!
It strikes me that the toys look so fresh/new.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree! Very cute!
Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martina Uthardt in Maalahti, in Ostrobothnia in Finland published last year a book "Oscar at an Adventure". With the book she wanted to highlight the problem of summer cats (people taking kittens for a summer and then they abandon them when they leave their summer houses and the autumn comes). The book is a story about cat Oscar left by his family when the autumn comes. Oscar encounters many adventures before he finally finds a new home. The book is in swedish.
- I got the idea to send a copy to Princess Estelle. I thought that the princess could also benefit from the book and enjoy it. But above all, I think it is fun to highlight Ostrobothnia. So what is well better than to give them a book filled with photographs from Ostrobothnia, says Uthardt.
Martina also wrote a letter in which she told of Ostrobothnia. Meanwhile, she highlighted the importance that we should take care of our animals.
- Apparently they liked the book. It is great fun, says Uthardt.
Yet, it is quite difficult for her to imagine Prince Daniel who reads aloud from her book for the little princess.
- I have a little hard to see that. But wouldn't it be funny if it would be so, Uthardt laughs.
Martina Uthardt was quite surprised when ä letter came to her mailbox.
- Not I had expected that they would have energy to send a thank you. They must surely get a lot of gifts. But it was a nice surprise.
A letter arrived from the Royal Palace. Helena Garofalo who works for Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, sent warm thanks of the book Uthardt had sent to Princess Estelle.
First she thought to keep the letter of the folder in which she collected all the material about her books.
- But I've got so many reactions from this. Everyone thinks it's fantastic. I think I'll frame it and hang it on the wall next to a photo of Oscar.
Martina fick brev från svenska hovet _ Österbotten _ svenska.yle.fi
The cover of the book
http://martinauthardtfoto.weebly.com...176127.png?449
Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has an article of duchies, how the king decides what duchy a child gets, how many times the landscapes have chosen as duchies, which landscapes haven't been duchies at all.
They have called to governor Lars Bäckström from Västra Götaland county and asked him what it means that the crown princess couple are their duchess and duke?
- The crown princess couple is appreciated in the whole Sweden, not the least because of their own desire to take part and support those parts of the society which aren't always noticed. Of course their feelings towards Västra Götaland are especially strong, because they devote a big part of their time right here.
What they can do for Västra Götaland?
- They are doing more than we can request from them. Although the crown princess and prince Daniel have so many other responsibilities, they have never let their focus go away from Västra Götaland. During the spring the duchess and the duke visited our county many times and raised the questions about young leadership, entrepreneurship and the importance of integration. And in 2010 they did a trip to Västra Götaland which inspired many powers to increase their efforts.
Bäckström also reminded of the visit which the crown princess made in 2008 in connection to when Al Gore received The Gothenburg Award for Sustainable Development.
- Her attendance was important to get more attention, and after that, like said, she has paid notice to many important issues in our county and made many visits here.
How often you expect them to come to an official visit?
- We know that the duchess and the duke visit Västra Götaland as often as their calendars give them a possibility to do so.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Nobility

I read on the court calendar and it has posted that Victoria and Daniel are visiting Varmland in November.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Varmland is Carl Philip and Sofia's duchy. I thought the princesses and princes stayed in their own lane when it came to visiting their duchies. Is it because Victoria as the future queen can be deployed to all counties and duchies in Sweden, although it's connected to her siblings?
Old 10-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just found out she is pregnant. I am so happy for them and happy that they didn't rush to have children like some other families. Its nice that Estelle was an only child for awhile.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I read on the court calendar and it has posted that Victoria and Daniel are visiting Varmland in November.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Varmland is Carl Philip and Sofia's duchy. I thought the princesses and princes stayed in their own lane when it came to visiting their duchies. Is it because Victoria as the future queen can be deployed to all counties and duchies in Sweden, although it's connected to her siblings?
I have posted news of the visit to Victoria and Daniel current events thread when governor Kenneth Johansson told in September about that he invited Victoria and Daniel to visit Värmland and they accepted the invitation and visit Värmland on 18th November. Like the king and queen, Victoria and Daniel try to visit municipalities and counties all over Sweden, often these visits are two-three days long, visit to Värmland is for one day only. So visiting Carl Philip's duchy isn't anything special. And Carl Philip has of course done work duties at Victoria's and Daniel's duchy Västergötland.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel was on yesterday evening at the Maxim Theatre in Stockholm at Morgan Alling's "En föreställning om kärlek" (A Show about Love). Morgan Alling posted a photo of them to his Instagram and tells that Daniel loved the show and said that everyone should see it.
https://instagram.com/p/805ELcHDnx/

Actor Morgan Alling was one of the speakers at the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation's seminar on May. He talked about his childhood and upbringing as "maskrosbarn" and how he broke away from his social inheritance and managed to turn life's miseries into something constructive. Maskrosbarn have often an extremely difficult upbringing in a dysfunctional family of multi-problem-nature.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel were on Saturday 3rd October at Wanås Konst (Wanås Art), they attended at the inauguration of autumn exhibition "Dubblering". The swedish radio has a story about it. Elisabeth Millqvist from Wanås Konst tells that Victoria and Daniel got a guided tour, they are really interested in art and they had the chance to tell about their work, the pedagogy, they are interested in that, for children and young people and even for people with special needs. That is perhaps the cause which brought them there.
Höstutställningen ”Dubblering” på Wanås - P4 Kristianstad _ Sveriges Radio

Article at Kristianstadsbladet (only for registrated), small photo
Wanås utställning fick kungligt besök - Kristianstadsbladet

Photos
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010060...49785151124835

Victoria and Daniel visited Wanås Konst shortly in September 2014 when they were on a visit at Östra Göinge.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

One more photo from Victoria's and Daniel's visit to Wanås Konst on 3rd October.

Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, visits "Prayer (Malmö)" at Wanås Konst. "Prayer (Malmö)," 2015, is a multi-channel sound installation comprising recordings of prayer and vocal worship from religions in Malmö, broadcast simultaneously from 12 floor-based speakers. Each speaker transmits its own separate selection of prayers, arranged consecutively and looped, so that when all speakers play at the same time an ever ever-changing sound environment is experienced. The audience may wander freely through the installation, listening to the polyphony of voices from all the speakers at once, or alternatively, kneel down to listen to individual prayers broadcast from any particular speaker. Started in 2000, the project is created in situ every time, and the prayers are collected from all the different religious groups operating in the host city, e.g. Malmö.
https://instagram.com/p/8dA21kOGFp/?...otherjameswebb
Old 10-29-2015, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria & Daniel von Schweden_ Abends zuhause am Esstisch ... _ BUNTE.de
Translation

A tweet from Wednesday
"The Swan Lake at the Opera with the crown princess couple, first time I see the Royal box used"
https://twitter.com/holmkw/status/659470487102320640
Another tweet
"Royal @RoyalOpera. In every way! Brilliant performance of Swan Lake. And Estelle has apparently babysitter tonight ..."
https://twitter.com/karindalberg/sta...51832687816704

The premiere of Swan Lake was on Friday 23rd October.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Victoria and Daniel (possibly Estelle too- unsure) visited a museum also.
https://instagram.com/p/9YQhhHLqcp/

Tags
victoria