The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 07-05-2014, 06:39 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
Tweets from Friday
In Borgholm, on a small beach completely alone when we hear that a horse is coming, godmother is joking: it's the King! We run up and take a look .....
https://twitter.com/larsson_lisa/sta...45806974918657

... But it's Victoria and Estelle who ride past and greet us happily!
https://twitter.com/larsson_lisa/sta...46390566162433

So according to these the family is in Solliden, they probably went there in the beginning of the week after spending the first week of their holiday with Daniel's family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-12-2014, 01:35 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
An article at finnish women's magazine Anna
The baby or the throne
The article tells that Victoria is under a big pressure. Everyone waits news for a new baby. The swedish press competes who can reveal the big news, and that is why there always are false news about Victoria being pregnant again. And Estelle has charmed all swedes with her bows and funny and witty behaviour. The swedes want more children like Estelle. The older Estelle gets, the more anxious is the biological clock of the swedish people. When Madeleine told that she was pregnant, there were gossips that Victoria is pregnant too. And of course it would have been nice if two beautiful princesses would have been pregnant at the same time. But maybe Victoria wanted to give room for Madeleine, because if they would have got babies at the same time, Madeleine's daughter would have got to the shadow of Victoria's new baby. Although Madeleine loves her privacy, she is very competitive and she would have welt bad being left aside. Victoria is described as caring and loving mother. Being a mother is natural for her, she took care of her younger sisters even as a child.
Royal expert Catarina Hurtig believes that Estelle gets siblings soon, Victoria and Daniel have told that they want many children. Ebba von Sydow, who has hosted the royal weddings and christenings, doesn't want to speculate about the baby matter, since it is Victoria's and Daniel's private matter. She reminds that unnecessary speculations create pressure which can be very painful, if it isn't their own choice, think about Charlene, how relieving it must have been for her to tell about the baby news.
But maybe Victoria has decided that she wants to concentrate on her work? She has raised whole her life to be a regent. And the abdications in Europe give speculation if that could happen also in Sweden. Royal expert Roger Lundgren doesn't think that the king could abdicate. Also Ebba von Sydow reminds that the king has said that he has no intensions to abdicate.
Would Victoria be ready to be the queen? Roger Lundgren says that Victoria has prepared thoroughly. Catarina Hurtig thinks that Daniel would be very ready to be the prince consort for the queen, but he doesn't wait it to happen now. He would get more work then and Estelle and the possible other children had to spend more time with their nannies. Hurtig thinks that Daniel, who loves children, doesn't hope this. And Victoria has often spoken about that she doesn't want to do the same as queen Silvia, who was a lot away from home when her children were little.
Next Monday Victoria can "blow the candles" from her birthday cake. What does she hope for? A place on the throne or a new baby?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Next Monday Victoria can "blow the candles" from her birthday cake. What does she hope for? A place on the throne or a new baby?
What an insultingly stupid question for that magazine to ask.

It's like they forget that for Victoria to take the throne, her own father would have to die. (He could abdicate, but that's not currently likely)

I can't imagine her sitting around hoping for that shift.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
An article at finnish women's magazine Anna
The baby or the throne
The article tells that Victoria is under a big pressure. Everyone waits news for a new baby. The swedish press competes who can reveal the big news, and that is why there always are false news about Victoria being pregnant again. And Estelle has charmed all swedes with her bows and funny and witty behaviour. The swedes want more children like Estelle. The older Estelle gets, the more anxious is the biological clock of the swedish people. When Madeleine told that she was pregnant, there were gossips that Victoria is pregnant too. And of course it would have been nice if two beautiful princesses would have been pregnant at the same time. But maybe Victoria wanted to give room for Madeleine, because if they would have got babies at the same time, Madeleine's daughter would have got to the shadow of Victoria's new baby. Although Madeleine loves her privacy, she is very competitive and she would have welt bad being left aside. Victoria is described as caring and loving mother. Being a mother is natural for her, she took care of her younger sisters even as a child.
Royal expert Catarina Hurtig believes that Estelle gets siblings soon, Victoria and Daniel have told that they want many children. Ebba von Sydow, who has hosted the royal weddings and christenings, doesn't want to speculate about the baby matter, since it is Victoria's and Daniel's private matter. She reminds that unnecessary speculations create pressure which can be very painful, if it isn't their own choice, think about Charlene, how relieving it must have been for her to tell about the baby news.
But maybe Victoria has decided that she wants to concentrate on her work? She has raised whole her life to be a regent. And the abdications in Europe give speculation if that could happen also in Sweden. Royal expert Roger Lundgren doesn't think that the king could abdicate. Also Ebba von Sydow reminds that the king has said that he has no intensions to abdicate.
Would Victoria be ready to be the queen? Roger Lundgren says that Victoria has prepared thoroughly. Catarina Hurtig thinks that Daniel would be very ready to be the prince consort for the queen, but he doesn't wait it to happen now. He would get more work then and Estelle and the possible other children had to spend more time with their nannies. Hurtig thinks that Daniel, who loves children, doesn't hope this. And Victoria has often spoken about that she doesn't want to do the same as queen Silvia, who was a lot away from home when her children were little.
Next Monday Victoria can "blow the candles" from her birthday cake. What does she hope for? A place on the throne or a new baby?
I am appalled by this article. It might be that Victoria and Daniel have some fertily issues... babies don't come so easily for everyone... Out of touch if you ask me
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brussels, Belgium
Posts: 257
I fully agree that the key to the succession to the throne is the king and not the crown princess. I also believe she would prefer a few more years of the current situation. However, the external pressure from Swedes, the press etc could also play a role. The king is not very popular. Just remember the king of Spain, Juan Carlos also claimed he would not abdicate and still... Presenting the dilemna as a choice from her is rather ridiculous.
__________________
Anne2
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,569
IMO the facts are easy to read. It's save to say that D&V want more kids, not only for the sake of succession but also because they are loving parents for Estelle. There is no imaginable reason for Estelle to remain a single child apart from fertility issues or health reasons etc. Victoria is 37 already and there is no reason for her to put a second pregnancy on hold. Speculating on it comes natural for the above mentioned reasons, although it's cruel to do so.
The article is rubbish, it only disguises the speculations on the long awaited second pregnacy that has not come so far.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 947
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

Kate Gabor, the photographer who has taken all of Estelle's photos, is in Öland. Is it possible that she may be taking some photos of the family?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
IMO the facts are easy to read. It's save to say that D&V want more kids, not only for the sake of succession but also because they are loving parents for Estelle. There is no imaginable reason for Estelle to remain a single child apart from fertility issues or health reasons etc. Victoria is 37 already and there is no reason for her to put a second pregnancy on hold. Speculating on it comes natural for the above mentioned reasons, although it's cruel to do so.
The article is rubbish, it only disguises the speculations on the long awaited second pregnacy that has not come so far
You know it's not like unheard of and unbelievable that a couple, no matter how good and loving parent's they may be, are perfectly happy with one child for various reasons and their are enough heirs and heirs to come that the Swedish monarchy will endure if Estelle is an only.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:37 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Kate Gabor, the photographer who has taken all of Estelle's photos, is in Öland. Is it possible that she may be taking some photos of the family?
Maybe, we will have to wait. Maybe we will get a summer greeting, there could also be the whole royal family. Or maybe Gabor is just taking private photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Or maybe she is just on a holiday in Öland, like so many Swedes.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
Victoria and Daniel were early in the morning running at Alvaret in Öland, they were out about an hour. According to Lindwall they had two bodyguards following them.
Lindwall tells also that Louise Gottlieb and his boyfriend Ludvig Blomqvist came yesterday afternoon with their Porsche to spend some time with the family, mostly Madeleine, Chris and Leonore.
Victoria och Daniel tar löpningen på Allvar(et) Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat Victoria ja Daniel juoksulenkillä Sollidenin maisemissa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Prince Daniel spotted the camera and doesn't look happy about it...and he shouldn't be happy about it either. Leave them alone on their private time. He looks to be in such great shape, wow those are some nice legs he has, Victoria has one very handsome husband there, one in a zillion I would say. Glad they can get so down time and hopefully be left alone ........we all need that at times.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,370
He looks to be in very good shape. I wouldn't expect anything less though, he is a former trainer. Not to mention, I would think the better condition he is in the fewer problems he has with his transplant. And I LOVE seeing Victoria and Daniel work out together! My hubby and I do and it is so beneficial, more emotionally than anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
They both have found their soul mates in each other, from all the pictures I have seen of them, they are truly a wonderful loving couple, I think this is the one marriage that is made to last forever. I knew he had a business in the gym industry, now it looks like he takes it very seriously and so does Victoria. Being an ole lady, I just walk a lot, sometimes 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day. You young people do the running for me, I am way behind, lololo.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brussels, Belgium
Posts: 257
I am very much against this chasing and such indiscrétions.
__________________
Anne2
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I am very much against this chasing and such indiscrétions.
There is not much one can do, since they are running at public roads and places. And many reporters and photographers are also having their holiday in Öland. The royal family have been left very much in peace in Öland outside the Victoria Day celebrations. Normally one article with photos in a year. On the other hand, there is also some positive sides when they were photographed. Some people claim always at Svensk Damtidning's comments that Daniel looks pale and tired and that he must be very seriously ill. Now when they see these photos they hopefully stop their idiotic claims.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Prince Daniel, tired, pale and weakly looking......someone needs glasses that is for sure. He looks to be in great shape, very much a man who takes great care of himself. See those muscles, now that is a man who does the work to get those, not just talking. Besides with his kidney problem that he had, well I bet he is very much aware of how his body response to everything he puts in it and what he does to take care of it. Those so called reporters at sd need to run some with him and he would leave them far behind....lololo
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: brussels, Belgium
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
.... On the other hand, there is also some positive sides when they were photographed. Some people claim always at Svensk Damtidning's comments that Daniel looks pale and tired and that he must be very seriously ill. Now when they see these photos they hopefully stop their idiotic claims.
Yes, I have read such comments occasionally on the blogg of this magazine. I doubt anything could change the attitude of some bloggers on SDT, they are terribly negatively minded.
__________________
Anne2
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,549
According to Twitter, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are in Torekov. They have been there already for a couple of days.
https://twitter.com/karlsson_jenny/s...25940695666690

They were there also in summer 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: casablanca, Morocco
Posts: 288
VOCTORIA and daniel never travel abroad for the summer vacation
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I fully agree that the key to the succession to the throne is the king and not the crown princess. I also believe she would prefer a few more years of the current situation. However, the external pressure from Swedes, the press etc could also play a role. The king is not very popular. Just remember the king of Spain, Juan Carlos also claimed he would not abdicate and still... Presenting the dilemna as a choice from her is rather ridiculous.
King Carl Gustaf is only 68, hence younger than Juan Carlos, Albert II of Belgium or Queen Beatrix were when they abdicated. In addition, he appears to be in good health. Even though the King's popularity may have declined somewhat in recent years, there are no major threats to the continuity of the Swedish monarchy and nothing like the challenges currently faced by the Spanish royal family. Honestly, I don't see any reason why King Carl Gustaf would consider abdicating.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
victoria


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 1: June 2010 - Marengo Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 698 12-07-2016 11:52 AM
General News about Madeleine, Chris, and Leonore, Part 1: April 2014 - June 2015 JessRulz Current Events Archive 584 06-17-2015 05:26 PM
Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 679 06-02-2014 10:38 PM
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010 Marengo Current Events Archive 399 09-23-2010 07:03 AM
Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 6: Sept 2008 - June 2010 Marengo Current Events Archive 308 06-22-2010 10:34 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail elisabeth fashion poll free hosting grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction member watch monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess beatrice hats princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prince sverre magnus queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises