The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tweets from Friday
In Borgholm, on a small beach completely alone when we hear that a horse is coming, godmother is joking: it's the King! We run up and take a look .....
https://twitter.com/larsson_lisa/sta...45806974918657

... But it's Victoria and Estelle who ride past and greet us happily!
https://twitter.com/larsson_lisa/sta...46390566162433

So according to these the family is in Solliden, they probably went there in the beginning of the week after spending the first week of their holiday with Daniel's family.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article at finnish women's magazine Anna
The baby or the throne
The article tells that Victoria is under a big pressure. Everyone waits news for a new baby. The swedish press competes who can reveal the big news, and that is why there always are false news about Victoria being pregnant again. And Estelle has charmed all swedes with her bows and funny and witty behaviour. The swedes want more children like Estelle. The older Estelle gets, the more anxious is the biological clock of the swedish people. When Madeleine told that she was pregnant, there were gossips that Victoria is pregnant too. And of course it would have been nice if two beautiful princesses would have been pregnant at the same time. But maybe Victoria wanted to give room for Madeleine, because if they would have got babies at the same time, Madeleine's daughter would have got to the shadow of Victoria's new baby. Although Madeleine loves her privacy, she is very competitive and she would have welt bad being left aside. Victoria is described as caring and loving mother. Being a mother is natural for her, she took care of her younger sisters even as a child.
Royal expert Catarina Hurtig believes that Estelle gets siblings soon, Victoria and Daniel have told that they want many children. Ebba von Sydow, who has hosted the royal weddings and christenings, doesn't want to speculate about the baby matter, since it is Victoria's and Daniel's private matter. She reminds that unnecessary speculations create pressure which can be very painful, if it isn't their own choice, think about Charlene, how relieving it must have been for her to tell about the baby news.
But maybe Victoria has decided that she wants to concentrate on her work? She has raised whole her life to be a regent. And the abdications in Europe give speculation if that could happen also in Sweden. Royal expert Roger Lundgren doesn't think that the king could abdicate. Also Ebba von Sydow reminds that the king has said that he has no intensions to abdicate.
Would Victoria be ready to be the queen? Roger Lundgren says that Victoria has prepared thoroughly. Catarina Hurtig thinks that Daniel would be very ready to be the prince consort for the queen, but he doesn't wait it to happen now. He would get more work then and Estelle and the possible other children had to spend more time with their nannies. Hurtig thinks that Daniel, who loves children, doesn't hope this. And Victoria has often spoken about that she doesn't want to do the same as queen Silvia, who was a lot away from home when her children were little.
Next Monday Victoria can "blow the candles" from her birthday cake. What does she hope for? A place on the throne or a new baby?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Next Monday Victoria can "blow the candles" from her birthday cake. What does she hope for? A place on the throne or a new baby?
What an insultingly stupid question for that magazine to ask.

It's like they forget that for Victoria to take the throne, her own father would have to die. (He could abdicate, but that's not currently likely)

I can't imagine her sitting around hoping for that shift.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
An article at finnish women's magazine Anna
The baby or the throne
The article tells that Victoria is under a big pressure. Everyone waits news for a new baby. The swedish press competes who can reveal the big news, and that is why there always are false news about Victoria being pregnant again. And Estelle has charmed all swedes with her bows and funny and witty behaviour. The swedes want more children like Estelle. The older Estelle gets, the more anxious is the biological clock of the swedish people. When Madeleine told that she was pregnant, there were gossips that Victoria is pregnant too. And of course it would have been nice if two beautiful princesses would have been pregnant at the same time. But maybe Victoria wanted to give room for Madeleine, because if they would have got babies at the same time, Madeleine's daughter would have got to the shadow of Victoria's new baby. Although Madeleine loves her privacy, she is very competitive and she would have welt bad being left aside. Victoria is described as caring and loving mother. Being a mother is natural for her, she took care of her younger sisters even as a child.
Royal expert Catarina Hurtig believes that Estelle gets siblings soon, Victoria and Daniel have told that they want many children. Ebba von Sydow, who has hosted the royal weddings and christenings, doesn't want to speculate about the baby matter, since it is Victoria's and Daniel's private matter. She reminds that unnecessary speculations create pressure which can be very painful, if it isn't their own choice, think about Charlene, how relieving it must have been for her to tell about the baby news.
But maybe Victoria has decided that she wants to concentrate on her work? She has raised whole her life to be a regent. And the abdications in Europe give speculation if that could happen also in Sweden. Royal expert Roger Lundgren doesn't think that the king could abdicate. Also Ebba von Sydow reminds that the king has said that he has no intensions to abdicate.
Would Victoria be ready to be the queen? Roger Lundgren says that Victoria has prepared thoroughly. Catarina Hurtig thinks that Daniel would be very ready to be the prince consort for the queen, but he doesn't wait it to happen now. He would get more work then and Estelle and the possible other children had to spend more time with their nannies. Hurtig thinks that Daniel, who loves children, doesn't hope this. And Victoria has often spoken about that she doesn't want to do the same as queen Silvia, who was a lot away from home when her children were little.
I am appalled by this article. It might be that Victoria and Daniel have some fertily issues... babies don't come so easily for everyone... Out of touch if you ask me
Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Nobility

I fully agree that the key to the succession to the throne is the king and not the crown princess. I also believe she would prefer a few more years of the current situation. However, the external pressure from Swedes, the press etc could also play a role. The king is not very popular. Just remember the king of Spain, Juan Carlos also claimed he would not abdicate and still... Presenting the dilemna as a choice from her is rather ridiculous.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO the facts are easy to read. It's save to say that D&V want more kids, not only for the sake of succession but also because they are loving parents for Estelle. There is no imaginable reason for Estelle to remain a single child apart from fertility issues or health reasons etc. Victoria is 37 already and there is no reason for her to put a second pregnancy on hold. Speculating on it comes natural for the above mentioned reasons, although it's cruel to do so.
The article is rubbish, it only disguises the speculations on the long awaited second pregnacy that has not come so far.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

Kate Gabor, the photographer who has taken all of Estelle's photos, is in Öland. Is it possible that she may be taking some photos of the family?
Old 07-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
IMO the facts are easy to read. It's save to say that D&V want more kids, not only for the sake of succession but also because they are loving parents for Estelle. There is no imaginable reason for Estelle to remain a single child apart from fertility issues or health reasons etc. Victoria is 37 already and there is no reason for her to put a second pregnancy on hold. Speculating on it comes natural for the above mentioned reasons, although it's cruel to do so.
The article is rubbish, it only disguises the speculations on the long awaited second pregnacy that has not come so far
You know it's not like unheard of and unbelievable that a couple, no matter how good and loving parent's they may be, are perfectly happy with one child for various reasons and their are enough heirs and heirs to come that the Swedish monarchy will endure if Estelle is an only.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Kate Gabor, the photographer who has taken all of Estelle's photos, is in Öland. Is it possible that she may be taking some photos of the family?
Maybe, we will have to wait. Maybe we will get a summer greeting, there could also be the whole royal family. Or maybe Gabor is just taking private photos of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Or maybe she is just on a holiday in Öland, like so many Swedes.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel were early in the morning running at Alvaret in Öland, they were out about an hour. According to Lindwall they had two bodyguards following them.
Lindwall tells also that Louise Gottlieb and his boyfriend Ludvig Blomqvist came yesterday afternoon with their Porsche to spend some time with the family, mostly Madeleine, Chris and Leonore.
Victoria och Daniel tar löpningen på Allvar(et) Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat Victoria ja Daniel juoksulenkillä Sollidenin maisemissa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Daniel spotted the camera and doesn't look happy about it...and he shouldn't be happy about it either. Leave them alone on their private time. He looks to be in such great shape, wow those are some nice legs he has, Victoria has one very handsome husband there, one in a zillion I would say. Glad they can get so down time and hopefully be left alone ........we all need that at times.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

He looks to be in very good shape. I wouldn't expect anything less though, he is a former trainer. Not to mention, I would think the better condition he is in the fewer problems he has with his transplant. And I LOVE seeing Victoria and Daniel work out together! My hubby and I do and it is so beneficial, more emotionally than anything else.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

They both have found their soul mates in each other, from all the pictures I have seen of them, they are truly a wonderful loving couple, I think this is the one marriage that is made to last forever. I knew he had a business in the gym industry, now it looks like he takes it very seriously and so does Victoria. Being an ole lady, I just walk a lot, sometimes 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day. You young people do the running for me, I am way behind, lololo.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Nobility

I am very much against this chasing and such indiscrétions.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I am very much against this chasing and such indiscrétions.
There is not much one can do, since they are running at public roads and places. And many reporters and photographers are also having their holiday in Öland. The royal family have been left very much in peace in Öland outside the Victoria Day celebrations. Normally one article with photos in a year. On the other hand, there is also some positive sides when they were photographed. Some people claim always at Svensk Damtidning's comments that Daniel looks pale and tired and that he must be very seriously ill. Now when they see these photos they hopefully stop their idiotic claims.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Daniel, tired, pale and weakly looking......someone needs glasses that is for sure. He looks to be in great shape, very much a man who takes great care of himself. See those muscles, now that is a man who does the work to get those, not just talking. Besides with his kidney problem that he had, well I bet he is very much aware of how his body response to everything he puts in it and what he does to take care of it. Those so called reporters at sd need to run some with him and he would leave them far behind....lololo
Old 07-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
.... On the other hand, there is also some positive sides when they were photographed. Some people claim always at Svensk Damtidning's comments that Daniel looks pale and tired and that he must be very seriously ill. Now when they see these photos they hopefully stop their idiotic claims.
Yes, I have read such comments occasionally on the blogg of this magazine. I doubt anything could change the attitude of some bloggers on SDT, they are terribly negatively minded.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Twitter, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are in Torekov. They have been there already for a couple of days.
https://twitter.com/karlsson_jenny/s...25940695666690

They were there also in summer 2012.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:35 AM
Nobility

VOCTORIA and daniel never travel abroad for the summer vacation
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I fully agree that the key to the succession to the throne is the king and not the crown princess. I also believe she would prefer a few more years of the current situation. However, the external pressure from Swedes, the press etc could also play a role. The king is not very popular. Just remember the king of Spain, Juan Carlos also claimed he would not abdicate and still... Presenting the dilemna as a choice from her is rather ridiculous.
King Carl Gustaf is only 68, hence younger than Juan Carlos, Albert II of Belgium or Queen Beatrix were when they abdicated. In addition, he appears to be in good health. Even though the King's popularity may have declined somewhat in recent years, there are no major threats to the continuity of the Swedish monarchy and nothing like the challenges currently faced by the Spanish royal family. Honestly, I don't see any reason why King Carl Gustaf would consider abdicating.

Tags
victoria