The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2015, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Daniel's old cuddly toys can now be yours

In a box in a second hand shop in Ockelbo are Prince Daniel's old stuffed toys unpacked. But not for long, because now you have the chance to bid about the royal soft toys!
Over two years ago Missionkyrkan (Mission Church) in Ockelbo went home to Prince Daniel's parents to retrieve things that the family donated to the secondhand shop. In one of the boxes it said "Daniel's soft toys".
In the box were three of Prince Daniel's old stuffed animals.
- We have had them in custody here. Small royal Teddy bears are priceless, says Dan Landgren from Missionkyrkan to P4 Gävleborg.
The second-hand shop has now decided to donate soft toys to us at P4 Gävleborg and our Världens Barn -tour (Children of the World -tour).
Bidding on Daniel's soft toys is on 29th September from 06.00-13.00 when the tour is in Ockelbo. Highest bid wins.
Nu kan Prins Daniels gamla gosedjur bli dina - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio
Translation

Old 09-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely gesture! I appreciate more and more Daniel's parents!

Old 09-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel's wedding speech to Victoria has been published at a new book "Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta : om kärleken, den som finns överallt"
(It's you whom I gave my heart to: about love, which is everywhere)

There's a lot to say about love. And much has indeed been said. We have collected 150 poems and other writings about love to a book for those who are looking for the most beautiful words.
Here you can find quotes by William Shakespeare and Napoleon side by side with Prince Daniel's wedding speech to Crown Princess Victoria, poems of Tomas Tranströmer, Nils Ferlin, Karin Boye, Mother Teresa, Evert Taube, Marilyn Monroe and many, many more.
Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta _ om kärleken, den som finns överallt - - böcker(9789173874328) _ Adlibris Bokhandel
Old 09-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel's wedding speech to Victoria has been published at a new book "Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta : om kärleken, den som finns överallt"
(It's you whom I gave my heart to: about love, which is everywhere)

There's a lot to say about love. And much has indeed been said. We have collected 150 poems and other writings about love to a book for those who are looking for the most beautiful words.
Here you can find quotes by William Shakespeare and Napoleon side by side with Prince Daniel's wedding speech to Crown Princess Victoria, poems of Tomas Tranströmer, Nils Ferlin, Karin Boye, Mother Teresa, Evert Taube, Marilyn Monroe and many, many more.
Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta _ om kärleken, den som finns överallt - - böcker(9789173874328) _ Adlibris Bokhandel
Aww, how sweet! That speach was so filled with love so it seems like a great fit in that book!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Victoria, Daniel, and Estelle were spotted in Haga Park yesterday.
https://instagram.com/p/7zzuW-AzrW/
Old 09-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Nice! A quick translation:
You know those seconds before you realize you're staring at another human? And before you can connect/figure out who it is? hehe, the second time we met them Daniel said hi (on his initiative) - and yes, I was staring as much that time. But I politely said Hi!
Old 09-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Won't it be fun when there's a baby brother in tow.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Aww, how sweet! That speach was so filled with love so it seems like a great fit in that book!
It was! However, they should have included Daniel's dad's speech - that was the best one on the night!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:10 AM
Courtier

A new photo showing the Royal couple and Estelle has been posted on the courts Instagram account. The picture was probably taken before the dinner for the Nobel laureates last year on the 11th of December
https://instagram.com/p/77OxXqpLDS/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-22-2015, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Estelle is the star in that photo! I agree, it must have been taken before the Nobel Dinner. I sometimes wonder how they plan the timing for publishing pics taken long before.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

IMo the swedish royal family is the best at realising photos... they always seem so natural and professional at the same time! It is a very lovely family picture and the best portrait the palace could release for the crown princely couple and their family!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Nobility

I agree. Just so natural.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
A new photo showing the Royal couple and Estelle has been posted on the courts Instagram account. The picture was probably taken before the dinner for the Nobel laureates last year on the 11th of December
https://instagram.com/p/77OxXqpLDS/
Adore the blue color! Breathtaking! Victoria looks splendid!
Old 09-28-2015, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ellas Atelje Art by Ella has a painting of Victoria and Estelle
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/e3...0_0.00_jpg_srb
Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Ellas Atelje Art by Ella has a painting of Victoria and Estelle
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/e3...0_0.00_jpg_srb
You could say Daniel is included in the painting too -in a humoristic way- since there is a frog on the right! Frog with a little crown....
Old 09-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace View Post
You could say Daniel is included in the painting too -in a humoristic way- since there is a frog on the right! Frog with a little crown....
I don't think your comment is respectful towards Daniel.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I don't think your comment is respectful towards Daniel.

I think altagrace is referring to how in his speech at the wedding, Daniel referred to himself as a frog marrying a princess.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think it a very wry bit of humor I have a feeling Daniel does not take him self so seriously as to take offense And After all a beautiful princess kissed him and made him a prince right?
Old 09-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I think altagrace is referring to how in his speech at the wedding, Daniel referred to himself as a frog marrying a princess.

Spot on JR76! Of course it's humour. Prince Daniel is probably the royal/princely spouse I admire the most.
As for the true meaning of having that frog on the canvas, only the artist can provide that.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Majesty

I agree. The painting is wonderful and it speaks to the whimsical nature of both Victoria and Daniel. It also explains why I think Daniel is such a wonderful half of the Crown Princess Couple.

There are few men who could go the distance of the relationship he had with Victoria over such a long time before he finally got to marry her. During that time many of Victoria's acquaintances treated him like a nobody, secure in their own superiority. More like arrogance and ignorance.

Either way, I am sure that nobody, except Victoria, expected him to do quite as well as he has as a Prince and how very well he supports his wife and daughter. But I don't think anyone could have guessed how well he has also carved out his own niche, proving to be one of the SRF's major assets.

Today Victoria and Daniel are as powerful a Crown Princess Couple as any of Victoria's contemporaries whose wives, I am sure, were more than happy to both befriend and share experiences with him.

If living well is the best revenge, one can only wonder what loving well is, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Crown Princess Family know the answer.

Tags
victoria