The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Hmm, not quit sure where to put this one, and perhaps it has already been mentioned somewhere here in the SRF thread, if so just delete this, mods.
Kongelig kollega bruger kronprinsesse Victoria som reklamesøjle: 'Det er meget uklogt' - Royale | www.bt.dk

The Danish tabloid writes that Estelle on several occasions have been wearing clothes by Marie-Chantal and that Marie-Chantal use pictures of Estelle on her Instagram account to to promote her design.

A Danish royalty expert, Lars Hovbakke Sørensen have been asked to comment and he considers it unwise by Marie-Chantal, (and V&D as well if they have given their permission) since royals should be careful about advertizing for commercial products, especially among friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I've followed Marie Chantal on instagram for a while and I have to say it always make me uncomfortable to see her promoting Estelle wearing her designs. I can see why she would want to and, of course, its not as if other companies don't do the same with other royals but I think with MC its different because she is 'royal' herself and is a friend of V&D.
Also its hard for V&D to complain about other companies, e.g. the chinese building posted above, if they let a friend use pictures of Estelle.
I have to agree Muhler. It sets a really bad precedent. Any clothing that is "off the rack" no matter how expensive it is, finds it's way to countless blogs of who's wearing "who", such as "What Kate Wore" and "Swedish Royal Clothing ID", etc. The really bad ones, including the tabloids, tally the money spent. I must be weird, but I find the whole idea utterly distasteful.

But the fact remains, if a clothing designer has a website with costs included, it's all there. What I find utterly repellent about the situation with Marie Chantal is that she takes that information which is, admittedly, freely available and puts a photo of a royal child wearing something from her catalogue on her Instagram.

She is using Estelle to sell her clothing line and as far as I am concerned, that is a step too far. It is one thing to be photographed wearing an identifiable item of clothing and the setting is obviously not a photoshoot, so it's free publicity for the designer.

But Marie Chantel is exploiting her inside personal connections to flog clothing and making it look like Estelle is a model. I don't know whether V&D were approached, but Estelle certainly wasn't.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

A lovely picture of this little family.

A picture of Victoria, Daniel and Estelle in... - It's Good to be Queen

Old 06-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were chosen in the spring as one of the new faces to "Stockholm Hall of Fame" at the Arlanda Airport. There are photos of celebrities with a text "Welcome to my hometown".
Like this
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...0c&oe=55E9E734

Let's hope that we will see a better version of the photo some time.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Twitter, Daniel and Estelle were on Sunday at a display of a psychologist choir at the Haga Park.
https://twitter.com/viltkebab/status/610132098259795968
Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Victoria's and Daniel's fifth wedding anniversary today, Bunte has a gallery of their life during these five years.
Victoria & Daniel von Schweden_ Seit fünf Jahren einfach unschlagbar! _ BUNTE.de
Translation

According to Twitter, Daniel was seen golfing on Wednesday in Stockholm.
https://twitter.com/NiklasJihde/stat...56032572796929

Sweden won Italy at the under-21 European Football Championships. The italian press was of course not happy at all. But they praised the Swedes. Gazetta dello Sport took the opportunity to pay homage to the Swedish moral: "The Crown Princess wore a dress from H & M on her brother's wedding and Sweden has the same humility".
_Samma ödmjukhet som kronprinsessan_ _ Landslaget _ Expressen
Old 06-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Majesty

Since they say earlier that there is nothing special about the Swedish team, I think they paid a really back-handed compliment to them by likening their Crown Princess to a "nothing special" bargain hunter who went low-rent to her brother's wedding.

Yeah, I think everyone can do without "compliments" like that.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

According to this post the Royal Court ordered this print of Estelle. https://instagram.com/p/4HXDzQwM6v/
Old 06-20-2015, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
According to this post the Royal Court ordered this print of Estelle. https://instagram.com/p/4HXDzQwM6v/
It is made of etched and patinated copper, bronze and brass by artist Marie Louise Kold. And commissioned by HRH Prince Daniel.

Marie Louise Kold delivering the portrait to Daniel. Marie Louise Kold at her Facebook on Friday: "I’ve always felt I have the most wonderful clients imaginable, and I’m thrilled to say they now include the Swedish Royal Court! This portrait of HRH Princess Estelle, made of etched and patinated copper, bronze and brass, was commissioned by HRH Prince Daniel and delivered to Haga Palace in Stockholm yesterday. Loved being there, loved meeting the Prince again and loved his reaction to the artwork!"
https://www.facebook.com/mlkoldART/p...type=1&theater
The press releases and HQ photos can be downloaded here, the texts at the portrait include a paragraph from one of Karen Blixen’s short stories, and also an excerpt from Selma Lagerlöf’s "The Wonderful Adventures of Nils", where she describes the province of Östergötland, of which the Princess is the Duchess.
http://www.mlkold.com/News.html

Maybe it was Daniel's present to Victoria on their 5th wedding anniversary, because it was delivered to Daniel on Thursday 18th June?

Victoria and Daniel visited artist Marie Louise Kold on their visit to Malmö on 10th March 2011.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's visit at Marie Louise Kold's studio
Old 06-25-2015, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Artist Marie Louise Kold told to Sveriges Radio about the portrait.
She tells that when Victoria and Daniel visited her studio on their visit to Malmö four years ago, they liked her art very much. And ever since there has been some talk about a commissioned work and after Estelle was born it was talked that she could be a motive to the work. She says that Victoria and Daniel have been busy and she has been busy but then Daniel called and they talked about how the portrait could be done and the size about the portrait. They got an agreement and after that Marie Louise has worked with the portrait together with her other works. She tells that the wishes were that the portrait would be made of more in warm, slightly muted tones. The portrait is made up of dark lines against a background made of copper. Marie Louise got some private photos of Estelle, of those she chose the photo that would be at the portrait. It took quite a long time to make the portrait. Because of the texts of Karen Blixen and Selma Lagerlöf and other stuff at the portrait, the princess has got a dynamic setting.
Gnosjökonstnär räckte över unikt porträtt - P4 Jönköping _ Sveriges Radio

According to a tweet, Victoria and Estelle bought strawberries in Bollnäs on Tuesday, so they probably have been spending time on their summer house in Acktjära with the Westlings.
https://twitter.com/WreedeJohan/stat...68255726284800
Old 06-25-2015, 02:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Artist Marie Louise Kold told to Sveriges Radio about the portrait.

She tells that when Victoria and Daniel visited her studio on their visit to Malmö four years ago, they liked her art very much. And ever since there has been some talk about a commissioned work and after Estelle was born it was talked that she could be a motive to the work. She says that Victoria and Daniel have been busy and she has been busy but then Daniel called and they talked about how the portrait could be done and the size about the portrait. They got an agreement and after that Marie Louise has worked with the portrait together with her other works. She tells that the wishes were that the portrait would be made of more in warm, slightly muted tones. The portrait is made up of dark lines against a background made of copper. Marie Louise got some private photos of Estelle, of those she chose the photo that would be at the portrait. It took quite a long time to make the portrait. Because of the texts of Karen Blixen and Selma Lagerlöf and other stuff at the portrait, the princess has got a dynamic setting.

Gnosjökonstnär räckte över unikt porträtt - P4 Jönköping _ Sveriges Radio

On her website she has information available about piece both in English and Swedish. She tells what the text says and how it was made. (I am on my phone and don't have the link here otherwise I would post it)
Old 06-25-2015, 02:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
On her website she has information available about piece both in English and Swedish. She tells what the text says and how it was made. (I am on my phone and don't have the link here otherwise I would post it)
I have posted the link to the information about the portrait in my earlier post, there is a big zipped file.

About the portrait at today's Expressen Kvällsposten.
Kolla in prins Daniels specialporträtt av Estelle – helt i metall _ Kvällsposten
Translation
Old 06-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel has been at Högbo Golf Club today "My caddie for today"
https://instagram.com/p/4ZD0tBEjM5/?...iabergenstrale
Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

While Victoria was on Saturday at the Volvo Ocean Race, Daniel visited the traditional Ockelbo Summer Market.
https://instagram.com/p/4dC_wLr3QZ/?...by=towehamberg

Arbetarbladet tells at their Facebook, that they have been seen at the shopping center Gallerian Nian in Gävle and Växbo Lin linen factory and shop in Bollnäs last week.

Artist Marie Louise Kold about the portrait of Estelle at her Facebook:
"I'm a bit overwhelmed, and very touched, by all the attention (both personal, in Swedish media, and on a lot of international blogs) and the positive reactions I have received after the unveiling of my portrait of HRH Princess Estelle. However – following a lot of curious questions and online speculation, I must say that I cannot confirm the widespread rumour that the artwork was HRH Prince Daniel's anniversary gift for his wife. While it would be wonderful to say so – I simply don't know.
And to all the people wondering about the price... all I can reveal is that it is not my most expensive portrait to date. That was created some years ago for Mrs. Bernstein, the wife of the (then) US Ambassador to Denmark. Another exciting commission"
https://www.facebook.com/mlkoldART/p...type=1&theater
Old 06-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Marie Louise Kold has been asked for many interviews because of the Estelle portrait. To Värnamo Nyheter she tells:
- Daniel did not see the artwork until it was delivered, and then he seemed pleasantly surprised.
Marie Louise says she had to work a portion not to stare up at the fact that it was the Crown Princess couple who was her
customer.
- It did not feel like the right time to fail. But we agreed that it was done well than that it was done quickly.
The biggest challenge was to get the portrait to look like Princess Estelle.
- It is important to capture the essence of the person. In this case, it felt extra special because it involves both a portrait of a little girl who, like all children have great discovery lust - but also a portrait of a future queen.
Marie Louise Kold didn't want to reveal the price which the Crown Princess Couple had to pay for the artwork.
- But they got no special price, I priced for normal tariff.

According to her, the portrait will be in good company at the Haga Palace.
- I got a tour at the Palace and the Crown Princess couple has very exciting modern art at their home, says Marie Louise Kold.
Värnamo Nyheter - Gnosjökonstnär gör konst till kungligheter
Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sweden won gold in football at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship a week ago.
Håkan Ericson, the coach of the team, has told to Corren about the phone call he got from Victoria and Daniel. After they had landed at Bromma airport and were at the bus, his phone rang.
- It was a secret number on the display. I was thinking not to answer, but did it with a short, a little stressed "Håkan" ...

It was Crown Princess Victoria.
- I was quite flabbergasted. She congratulated us to the amazing we made in the Czech Republic. Prince Daniel praised us for our calmness at the penalties. We talked at least eight to ten minutes. My immediate surroundings of the bus had no idea who it was until I asked "has the crown princess seen all the matches?" It became pretty quiet then, says Håkan with a smile.
Håkan Ericson fick samtal – från kronprinsessan - Norrköping - Corren.se - Nyheter Linköping Östergötland
Old 07-13-2015, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen tells that Victoria took Estelle to a "safari" yesterday.

When the weather was at its worst, they made an excursion on the island. Victoria showed her daughter the same places as the royal couple showed herself once when she was the same age as Estelle.
It's very seldom we see Victoria behind the wheel. At least not in the photos. Sure, she has a driving license, but over the years she has chosen not to put herself behind the wheel very often.
When other parts of Sweden have had blue skies and sunshine it has rained in Öland. Victoria and the rest of the family have not been able to do much more than to enjoy the days off in their Villa Skönvik at Solliden Palace area.
When Daniel yesterday would congratulate Victoria Day's founder Kay Wiestål on his 75th birthday, Victoria took Estelle on their own adventures. Victoria took the family's old Jeep from 1985 up from Villa Skönvik to the excursion destination: One of Sollidens windmills.
Victoria and Estelle had nanny Katie Millington with them. When they came up on Alvaret Victoria pointed eagerly to different places and Estelle laughed when her mother explained what they passed and then stopped at the gate to Solliden to then go into the old mill.
After the visit Victoria carried Estelle down the stairs so that she would not fall and gave her daughter a big hug.
Här åker Victoria och Estelle iväg på safari _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 07-13-2015, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is playing today at Victoriagolfen (Victoria Golf) at the Ekerum Golf Resort in Öland, a charity golf event, which is one of the events connected to Victoria's birthday. He has been playing at Victoriagolfen also in previous years.
He arrived in the morning
https://instagram.com/p/5EZwkQpLP2/
https://instagram.com/p/5Ebtmshr_q/

Daniel is playing again with his friend, the former NHL-hockey player Peter Forsberg.
Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat _ Prinssi Daniel golfaamassa, pelikaverina Peter Forsberg _ Lehtikuva _ lehtikuva.fi

Daniel with Kay Wiestål, the founder of the Victoria Day.
http://media.24files.se/24kalmar/upl...1-1024x682.jpg

There are about 90 golfers at the Victoria Golf.
Prins Daniel och kung “Foppa” drar i gång Victoriaveckan _ 24 Kalmar
Translation

Vi mötte en skämtsam prins Daniel på golfbanan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

It will be really fun, it will go decently, said Daniel before the competition.
Prins Daniel är kung – på golfbanan _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 07-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Victoria and Estelle were seen at Solliden a few days ago. https://instagram.com/p/46N_5fKz4b/
Old 07-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel is playing today at Victoriagolfen (Victoria Golf) at the Ekerum Golf Resort in Öland, a charity golf event, which is one of the events connected to Victoria's birthday. He has been playing at Victoriagolfen also in previous years.
He arrived in the morning
https://instagram.com/p/5EZwkQpLP2/
https://instagram.com/p/5Ebtmshr_q/

Daniel is playing again with his friend, the former NHL-hockey player Peter Forsberg.
Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat _ Prinssi Daniel golfaamassa, pelikaverina Peter Forsberg _ Lehtikuva _ lehtikuva.fi

Daniel with Kay Wiestål, the founder of the Victoria Day.
http://media.24files.se/24kalmar/upl...1-1024x682.jpg

There are about 90 golfers at the Victoria Golf.
Prins Daniel och kung “Foppa” drar i gång Victoriaveckan _ 24 Kalmar
Translation

Vi mötte en skämtsam prins Daniel på golfbanan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

It will be really fun, it will go decently, said Daniel before the competition.
Prins Daniel är kung – på golfbanan _ kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
more photos of Prince Daniel playing golf
dana press photo a/s
Old 07-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel and Peter Forsberg were playing with ceo Håkan Lundstedt and brigadier general Jan-Eric Warren.
At the end of the golf competition
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJy_b5GW8AABcAN.jpg

From Expressen's Johan T Lindwall's Instagram
https://instagram.com/p/5FPcpxxST2/

Dubbelt kungligt på golfbanan _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

Tags
victoria