Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Daniel's old cuddly toys can now be yours

In a box in a second hand shop in Ockelbo are Prince Daniel's old stuffed toys unpacked. But not for long, because now you have the chance to bid about the royal soft toys!
Over two years ago Missionkyrkan (Mission Church) in Ockelbo went home to Prince Daniel's parents to retrieve things that the family donated to the secondhand shop. In one of the boxes it said "Daniel's soft toys".
In the box were three of Prince Daniel's old stuffed animals.
- We have had them in custody here. Small royal Teddy bears are priceless, says Dan Landgren from Missionkyrkan to P4 Gävleborg.
The second-hand shop has now decided to donate soft toys to us at P4 Gävleborg and our Världens Barn -tour (Children of the World -tour).
Bidding on Daniel's soft toys is on 29th September from 06.00-13.00 when the tour is in Ockelbo. Highest bid wins.
Nu kan Prins Daniels gamla gosedjur bli dina - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio
Translation

What a lovely gesture! I appreciate more and more Daniel's parents!

Daniel's wedding speech to Victoria has been published at a new book "Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta : om kärleken, den som finns överallt"
(It's you whom I gave my heart to: about love, which is everywhere)

There's a lot to say about love. And much has indeed been said. We have collected 150 poems and other writings about love to a book for those who are looking for the most beautiful words.
Here you can find quotes by William Shakespeare and Napoleon side by side with Prince Daniel's wedding speech to Crown Princess Victoria, poems of Tomas Tranströmer, Nils Ferlin, Karin Boye, Mother Teresa, Evert Taube, Marilyn Monroe and many, many more.
Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta _ om kärleken, den som finns överallt - - böcker(9789173874328) _ Adlibris Bokhandel

Daniel's wedding speech to Victoria has been published at a new book "Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta : om kärleken, den som finns överallt"
(It's you whom I gave my heart to: about love, which is everywhere)

There's a lot to say about love. And much has indeed been said. We have collected 150 poems and other writings about love to a book for those who are looking for the most beautiful words.
Here you can find quotes by William Shakespeare and Napoleon side by side with Prince Daniel's wedding speech to Crown Princess Victoria, poems of Tomas Tranströmer, Nils Ferlin, Karin Boye, Mother Teresa, Evert Taube, Marilyn Monroe and many, many more.
Det är dig jag har gett mitt hjärta _ om kärleken, den som finns överallt - - böcker(9789173874328) _ Adlibris Bokhandel
Aww, how sweet! That speach was so filled with love so it seems like a great fit in that book!

Victoria, Daniel, and Estelle were spotted in Haga Park yesterday.
https://instagram.com/p/7zzuW-AzrW/
Nice! A quick translation:
You know those seconds before you realize you're staring at another human? And before you can connect/figure out who it is? hehe, the second time we met them Daniel said hi (on his initiative) - and yes, I was staring as much that time. But I politely said Hi!

A new photo showing the Royal couple and Estelle has been posted on the courts Instagram account. The picture was probably taken before the dinner for the Nobel laureates last year on the 11th of December
https://instagram.com/p/77OxXqpLDS/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Estelle is the star in that photo! I agree, it must have been taken before the Nobel Dinner. I sometimes wonder how they plan the timing for publishing pics taken long before.

IMo the swedish royal family is the best at realising photos... they always seem so natural and professional at the same time! It is a very lovely family picture and the best portrait the palace could release for the crown princely couple and their family!

You could say Daniel is included in the painting too -in a humoristic way- since there is a frog on the right! Frog with a little crown....

I don't think your comment is respectful towards Daniel.

Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 -

I don't think your comment is respectful towards Daniel.

I think altagrace is referring to how in his speech at the wedding, Daniel referred to himself as a frog marrying a princess.

I think it a very wry bit of humor ;) I have a feeling Daniel does not take him self so seriously as to take offense And After all a beautiful princess kissed him and made him a prince right?

I think altagrace is referring to how in his speech at the wedding, Daniel referred to himself as a frog marrying a princess.

Spot on JR76! Of course it's humour. Prince Daniel is probably the royal/princely spouse I admire the most.
As for the true meaning of having that frog on the canvas, only the artist can provide that.

:previous: I agree. The painting is wonderful and it speaks to the whimsical nature of both Victoria and Daniel. It also explains why I think Daniel is such a wonderful half of the Crown Princess Couple.

There are few men who could go the distance of the relationship he had with Victoria over such a long time before he finally got to marry her. During that time many of Victoria's acquaintances treated him like a nobody, secure in their own superiority. More like arrogance and ignorance.

Either way, I am sure that nobody, except Victoria, expected him to do quite as well as he has as a Prince and how very well he supports his wife and daughter. But I don't think anyone could have guessed how well he has also carved out his own niche, proving to be one of the SRF's major assets.

Today Victoria and Daniel are as powerful a Crown Princess Couple as any of Victoria's contemporaries whose wives, I am sure, were more than happy to both befriend and share experiences with him.

If living well is the best revenge, one can only wonder what loving well is, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Crown Princess Family know the answer.

I'm so impatient for the baby to be born. :flowers: For some reason this particular birth has me particularly keen. ;) So happy for them. I want her to be especially careful and rest.

The auction of Daniel's childhood cuddly toys is now going in Tradera, the auction ends at 12.00. The highest bid wins and the money goes to Världens barn-organisation (The Children of the World).
Svensk Damtidning is bidding of the smallest lamb, which has "Estelle Bows".
Nu klubbas prins Daniels gosedjur! _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

From Expressen:
Among all bidders there is only one company that has made an offer and it is Svensk Damtidning
- For us it was clear. We just shouted in the newsroom when we saw that you had Prince Daniel stuffed toys, said the chief editor Karin Lennmor to Radio P4 Gävleborg in their live broadcast from Ockelbo. (Radio Gävleborg invented the idea to auction Daniel's toys).
They have bid on the smallest lamb due to a special reason:
- The lamb has exactly similar little cute bows like Estelle. It raises the undeniable value, says Karin Lennmor P4 Gävleborg.
Lennmor said that if they win the lamb, they perhaps give it to the child Victoria and Daniel are expecting.
Vill du äga Daniels gamla gosedjur_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The organisers hoped to get 5000 SEK from the cuddly toys, now when there is little time to bid, there is over 13000 SEK at the bids.

Last edited:
The auction of Daniel's childhood cuddly toys is now going in Tradera, the auction ends at 12.00. The highest bid wins and the money goes to Världens barn -organisation (The Children of the World).
Svensk Damtidning is bidding of the smallest lamb, which has "Estelle Bows".
Nu klubbas prins Daniels gosedjur! _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

From Expressen:
Among all bidders there is only one company that has made an offer and it is Svensk Damtidning
- For us it was clear. We just shouted in the newsroom when we saw that you had Prince Daniel stuffed toys, said the chief editor Karin Lennmor to Radio P4 Gävleborg in their live broadcast from Ockelbo. (Radio Gävleborg invented the idea to auction Daniel's toys).
They have bid on the smallest lamb due to a special reason:
- The lamb has exactly similar little cute bows like Estelle. It raises the undeniable value, says Karin Lennmor P4 Gävleborg.
The chief editor of the magazine, Karen Lennmor tells that if they win the lamb, they will give it to the future child of Victoria and Daniel.
Vill du äga Daniels gamla gosedjur_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

The organisers hoped to get 5000 SEK from the cuddly toys, now when there is little time to bid, there is 9150 SEK at the bids.
This is such a great and sweet idea :)

Radio P4 Gävleborg talked with Joakim Dahl, who won two of the three toys:
- I found out about the auction for half an hour before it closed, says Joakim Dahl, who got home two toys.
His son helped him to bid.
But did he get some maximum bid from you?
- No, it was, as usual, just full speed ahead, says Joakim and tells that he has five grandchildren so if Prince Daniel has a few more cuddly toys tucked away he would be happy to have them too (at an auction I think).
Program host Larry Forsberg is pleased with the day and said that they have written local radio history.
Totally Ockelbo collected 46 451 SEK to Världens Barn, 20000 SEK more than last year.
Över 24 000 för kungligt mys - P4 Gävleborg _ Sveriges Radio

Last edited:
Nice that the toys stay in the Ockelbo area!
It strikes me that the toys look so fresh/new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom