The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Still photos from figure skating on Saturday

Princess Estelle gets a peck on the cheek from dad Royalista

This just further deepens my annoyance at the CBC for not showing Euros here in Canada. Maybe it's just how deep my disgust of the man who has run Figure Skating into the ground goes, but I can't help but wonder if Estelle accidentally kicked scum bag ISU President Octavio Cinquata's chair some how and if she had, well.... :)

He's the man sitting in front of her for those wondering.

Thanks LadyFinn!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 02-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, Victoria's oldest friend, gave an interview to Svensk Damtidning two weeks ago. Caroline tells that she meets Victoria often, mostly those are spontaneous meetings with children. Caroline and her husband Jesper have daughters Chloé, 6 and Léonie, 5. Caroline says that although her daughters are older than Estelle, they are playing together well. One doesn't see the age gap between them so much. Estelle is super charming, mischievous and cool.
Now that Caroline is working herself with her Kreuger Jewellery lond days making jewellery, she understands better Victoria, who has always had quite a pressure on her shoulders. Caroline says that Victoria works very hard and now she understands how it is when one has to sacrifice quite much. She hasn't understood that before. She understands that you don't have time to everything and values her free time in a different way. Caroline says that Victoria is her oldest and closest friend and that they give each other always 100 per cent. Caroline can discuss about everything with Victoria and rely on that she doesn't gossip. That is great. Caroline thinks that Victoria and she were lucky that they got to know each other when they were babies (Caroline is born 11th July, three days before Victoria) and they have been close ever since. They can thank their parents for that.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bunte about Victoria with her first tiara.
http://i2.bstatic.de/sites/default/f...?itok=UdUhEh0G
Victoria von Schweden Kaum wiederzuerkennen! BUNTE.de
Old 02-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Estelle were photographed at the weekend in Verbier. Obviously Victoria had so much fun that she had forgot her helmet. Victoria wears always a helmet when she is doing slalom skiing. Of course she didn't have much speed with Estelle.
Tässä kruisailee prinsessa Estelle!

They were probably staying at Victoria's friend Caroline Kreuger Nilsson's family villa in Verbier.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria and Estelle were photographed at the weekend in Verbier. Obviously Victoria had so much fun that she had forgot her helmet. Victoria wears always a helmet when she is doing slalom skiing. Of course she didn't have much speed with Estelle.
Tässä kruisailee prinsessa Estelle!

They were probably staying at Victoria's friend Caroline Kreuger Nilsson's family villa in Verbier.
They are lovely.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Majesty

what a lovely photo of a mother teaching her daughter to ski.
Verbier is the same place Frederik and family go to. and that Harry and cousins were at.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Majesty

I would expect Victoria to wear an helmet though.. I may be nitpicking but safety comes first
Old 02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I would expect Victoria to wear an helmet though.. I may be nitpicking but safety comes first
hm! skiing with Estelle is certainly at very low speed, on "quiet" track, probably quite near '0 risk' level...
but as always they should be perfect...
Old 02-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
hm! skiing with Estelle is certainly at very low speed, on "quiet" track, probably quite near '0 risk' level...
but as always they should be perfect...
It doesn't bother me but well, it would make me feel safer if I were her... I wasn't suggesting she should be perfect! God forbids me! It was merely a small remark ;-)
Old 02-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Courtier

I tried to learn to ski many years ago - I got as far as getting very good at getting back up. Never wore a helmet, never saw a need for one on the "bunny slopes". Falling at that speed was no more dangerous than tripping on the pavement while walking. Actually I think walking on the pavement is more dangerous. Does that mean we should wear helmets all the time. Sometimes I think this "nanny" attitude has gone just a bit too far.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I tried to learn to ski many years ago - I got as far as getting very good at getting back up. Never wore a helmet, never saw a need for one on the "bunny slopes". Falling at that speed was no more dangerous than tripping on the pavement while walking. Actually I think walking on the pavement is more dangerous. Does that mean we should wear helmets all the time. Sometimes I think this "nanny" attitude has gone just a bit too far.
Okay,I just pointed out a small thing, there's no need of getting upset here... Let's move on, shall we?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Serene Highness

Seems like skiing has replaced riding and sailing as the sport of kings, doesen't it? Have Vic annd Co ever been seen attending the Olympics or other events to cheer on all the great Scandinavian ski champs?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Seems like skiing has replaced riding and sailing as the sport of kings, doesen't it? Have Vic annd Co ever been seen attending the Olympics or other events to cheer on all the great Scandinavian ski champs?
Victoria and Daniel attended on March 2011 for four days at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Norway. And on February 2013 with Estelle for two days at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Italy. Daniel, Carl Philip and the king and queen attended on 2012 Olympic Games in London. Daniel attended on 2012 at the Paralympic Games in London.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe in 15 or 20 years, Estelle could be in the Olympics herself.all she needs is the desire as everything else you need to really compete is payed out for her...finances, location, time etc.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
This just further deepens my annoyance at the CBC for not showing Euros here in Canada. Maybe it's just how deep my disgust of the man who has run Figure Skating into the ground goes, but I can't help but wonder if Estelle accidentally kicked scum bag ISU President Octavio Cinquata's chair some how and if she had, well.... :)

He's the man sitting in front of her for those wondering.

Thanks LadyFinn!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I totally agree Tiggersk8. We have to get rid of Cinquanta. He's made a mess of the sport. As he often proclaims, he's a speed skater and knows nothing about figure skating.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Victoria and Estelle in Verbier, in some of those Victoria had a helmet on.
Princess Estelle hits the ski slopes with mum Royalista

Frida Hansdotter, a World Cup alpine ski racer, told to Aftonbladet that she is second cousin of Daniel. Frida's mother and Daniel's mother are cousins. Frida tells that her family is very big and she has never met Daniel. Frida won silver in slalom at the World Championships week ago.
”Får jag till det så står jag där uppe med en medalj...” Vintersport Sportbladet Aftonbladet
Old 02-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel was today in Örnsköldsvik, when Modo Hockey retired former NHL ice hockey player, two-times olympic gold medalist Peter Forsberg's number and his jersey was raised to the roof of the Fjällräven Arena. Forsberg played for Modo Hockey in 1990-95 before he went to NHL, 2004-05 and in 2009-2010. Daniel and Peter are friends. The child is Peter's son Lennox.
http://media.shootitlive.com/3gghHVU...=allehanda/695
http://media.shootitlive.com/R35SgM5...=allehanda/695
http://media.shootitlive.com/68aS2ss...=allehanda/695
http://media.shootitlive.com/EGXEESY...=allehanda/695
http://media.shootitlive.com/YhmHebH...=allehanda/695
http://media.shootitlive.com/H3iN0VF...=allehanda/695
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/c2/...c/16x6/265.jpg

Peter Forsberg started his speech: "First I would like to welcome all of you here. Family, friends, Modo Fans, opponents and Your Royal Highness Prince Daniel, who is here tonight".
There ensued a big cheer in the arena and the C More camera focused on the prince as he stood up in the stands. The audience sang about Prince Daniel who waved cheerfully.
Then Forsberg took the opportunity to joke a little about Prince Daniel's background in Hofors, a club "Foppa" played against when he was young.
- I do not think this is because we beat him when he played in Hofors but for what happened afterwards, he says.
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...-var-pa-plats/

Prins Daniel är på plats - allehanda.se

Video, Peter Forsberg starts his speech at 13.00 and people give huge applause to Daniel and shout his name.
http://www.allehanda.se/ishockey/shl...taket#Ishockey

Daniel was interviewed by SVT Sport. Daniel said about Forsberg: "He is clearly unique, one of the best ever. Only few players have been so game talented and at the same time so tough. I think it will take some time before we get so amazingly skilful player again".
Video, Daniel talks from 00.15
http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/2710873/...orsberg-hyllas
Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is second on Résumé's list of the 150 super communicators in swedish business life - the people who have demonstrated that they understand what can be accomplished with communication. Résumé listed the super communicators for third year in a row and the list was published today.

Crucial to the position on the charts is that communication effort should be relevant to a wider public, be innovative and creative, have a proven effect in terms of impact, inspired imitators, sparked debate and have led to lifestyle change.

13-year-old Lisa "Misslisibell" Jonsson is at the first place with her 250,000 followers at Youtube affects a large proportion of the young generation in their perception of brands. She is a sign of how future communications looks. Talented young people will be small media house with a huge range.
Resumé Här är näringslivets 150 superkommunikatörer

Last year Daniel was 7th.

Prins Daniel en riktig superkommunikatör Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 03-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

On the International Women's Day, Aftonbladet has listed ten of the country's most prominent people - who in different ways take over Sweden and the world.

1. Crown Princess Victoria, 37, the Crown Princess:
Sweden's future head of state and one of the most popular people. According to SOM surveys, Crown Princess Victoria has been that public person in Sweden who has had the highest trust from the Swedish people.
What are your strongest driving forces?
- I want to be able to continue contributing to society and it's development, for example by bringing together people from different parts, which creates a dynamism and creativity that take Sweden forward. It is an incredible privilege to meet so many interesting people and activities. Sweden is in many ways an amazing country! I can use the apolitical, representative and unifying force that my mission has to make a difference and it's very motivating.
How does the Crown Princess see her role?
- I hope to be a link and enabler to illuminate different areas and issues that need assistance or given special attention. An important part
in the role is to draw attention to important social issues. It can be about creating opportunities for people with different backgrounds, coming from different places and have different views on things, they are given the opportunity to meet. Something else I feel strongly about is working to combat exclusion.
- It is disturbing when young people feel despair and alienation. We must create conditions so that the younger generation rightly is able to look positively and confidently to the future.
Kolla, här är Vickan redan en drottning Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 03-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria has agreed to be the patron of Schwedische Handelskammer in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (The swedish Chamber of Commerce in Germany).
Schwedische Handelskammer -*NYHETSARKIV
Translation

Tags
victoria