Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
s3n7d5.png

Arms of Crown Princess Victoria

Welcome to the Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News, Part 4

Commencing September 21, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Swedish footballer Isaac Kiese Thelin will be playing with the Swedish National Team at a match against Luxembourg at the Friends Arena next Saturday. He plays in Belgium and was flying to Sweden today.
Victoria was at the same plane with him, and Isaac published a selfie with Victoria at his Instagram "Traveling to Sweden with royal company! #PrincessVictoria", and Expressen made an article about it.
Isaac Kiese Thelin mötte prinsessan Victoria - tog en selfie _ Fotboll _ Expressen

Last edited:
There's nothing in the royal calendar about a visit to Brussles, so it must have been a private trip. It also seems like she's traveling alone. I think that Isac would have mentioned if Daniel and the children were there as well.

Victoria and Daniel met on 21st September at the Royal Palace the Wernersson sisters, which I wrote previously to Victoria and Daniel's events thread.
Victoria and Daniel met yesterday at the Royal Palace girls who have cancer. Victoria had heard about the girls and that they make BuCancer bracelets, and wanted to do something for them. So Victoria and Daniel invited the girls to the Palace to meet them. Before meeting Victoria and Daniel, the girls were also shown the dinner preparations for this evening's Sweden dinner at Vita Havet.
The girls gave them BuCancer bracelets, for Daniel it was made in AIK colours, because they had heard that Daniel is an AIK fan.
Victoria and Daniel gave the girls necklaces with a crown.
Familjenwernersson - Kunglig glans!

The Wernersson sisters Tilde, Emmy and Tuva with their mother Linda were as guests at TV4 News morning on Sunday. TV4 tells on October about people who fight against cancer. They started with the Wernersson family telling about their fight with two of the girls having cancer and their meeting with Victoria and Daniel. Big sister Tilde has collected 500 000 SEK with selling BuCancer bracelets, which the whole family helps to make. The sisters tell about their visit to the Royal Palace. Tilde shows the crown necklace they all got from Victoria and Daniel. The girls tell that they were shown the preparations for Sweden dinner. And they tell how Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel had on the table chocolate and vanilla cakes and cookies for them, and they also drank apple juice from Solliden which Victoria and Daniel had made themselves. Big sister Tilde says that it felt great, they were very nice. It felt a little special in the beginning, but they were very nice. Their meeting lasted about an hour. TV-host Tilde de Paula Eby says that the girls deserved this attention from the royal family with their fight against cancer.
Systrarna Emmy och Tuva har cancer – nu gör storasyster armband för att samla in pengar - Streama TV4 Play

The girls met Peter Forsberg at TV4 News morning, and Foppa of course bought a BuCancer bracelet.
https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1575955/9-3/img_5314_59d191519606ee689c95f232.jpg

Last edited:
Expressen had on Sunday a large interview of Herman Lindqvist, who has just published a new book "Mannerheim: marsken, masken, myten". It is a biography of the legendary Marshal of Finland, Baron Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim, who served as the military leader of the Whites in the Finnish Civil War, was the Regent of Finland (1918–19), commander-in-chief of Finland's defence forces during World War II and the sixth president of Finland (1944-46).
At his interview Lindqvist was asked also about Victoria:
You have previously described how the Crown Princess herself served you tea during your history lections and how she thanked you for everything you taught about Sweden's history and about life and love?
- She's still the same.
Victoria was much younger when you got to know her. Is there any difference now when she is a parent?
- Yes, she is businesslike and experienced, but still the same. She has not become blasé.
In your summer talk in 2009 you tell how the crown princess played all roles when she described how the then Russian President Boris Yeltsin broke down on a cracking bread with a knife and fork during a gala dinner with the royal family and how he wanted coffee before the main course. Did you hear any similar behind the scenes-incidents at your latest meeting with Victoria?
- We had it very nice when we met and we will meet again.
Herman Lindqvist blev blixtförälskad i Liliana _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Herman Lindqvist tells about his book of Mannerheim at Gripsholm Castle on 7th October, the event has been sold out for some time.
Herman Lindqvist*gästar Gripsholms slott 7 oktober. Slutsåld! - Sveriges Kungahus

Daniel has given a large interview to GP, Göteborgs-Posten. The interview was made on 28th September, when Daniel was in Gothenburg. Reporter Eric Hilmersson interviewed Daniel when they walked from Sahlgrenska Academy to the delivery of Prince Daniel's Research Grant for Promising Young Researchers.
It's a good interview, the only strange thing is that reporter Hilmersson writes "Daniel Westling" many times at the article. And that Victoria and Daniel got engaged in 2008...

Parts of the interview
"A dimension in life that makes you happier"
Why is Sweden sometimes so unfair? Can you affect to it without becoming political? And what's the secret hockey effort he's doing? GP took a long walk with Prince Daniel Westling to talk about why some children do sports, while others - far too many - sit still.
Daniel Westling wants to influence. And he sees sports, movement and exercise as a key to a better and more equal health. That's why he, with Crown Princess Victoria, started Generation Pep to "make it easier for children and young people to live a healthy life." He is the initiator of the Sports Day in Stockholm and has borrowed his name to "Prince Daniel's Race" where 6-12 old children run and everybody gets a medal. So where does this concern come to sport, youth and health?
- I have grown up with a big sporting interest and the sporting movement has given me so much. And at that time when you and I grew up ... though you might be a bit younger than me?
I am from 77.
- Yes, I'm 73. But then it was so natural. Perhaps especially if you grew up in rural areas. And now it is seen that there has been a problem in that the younger generation is moving too little, and the sporting movement has major challenges. Between 2003 and 2013, they lost 10 percent of their practitioners, did you know?
Yes, there is a big problem here in Gothenburg too - the associations don't manage to keep their youngsters.
- Yes, and I think you can play floorball as 13 years old because you think it's fun, not having to take elite effort to get involved. Save the children did a survey where they talked to young girls who left sports and some girl described the coach saying to her "you can become something, you can be big in this". Her reaction was: "What's getting big? I want to play with my friends."
We move down to Landala Market and Daniel Westling asks if I am in sports. I tell that I've just joined a training group for veteran athletes. The prince's eyes shine.
- How fun. I don't know if I want to tell you, but I have a similar thing going on ...
Please tell me. Is it hockey?
- Yes.
A oldboys team?
- Yes (laughter). I'll actually run my first pass now this week. I have a friend who has started it and ... we'll see if I get it together with my schedule, but it gives you a dimension in life that makes you happier. That's happiness, I think.
Daniel Westling has benefited from the fighter spirit. When he and Victoria announced their engagement, nobody knew that the prospective prince was seriously kidney sick. A few months later, he was operated and a kidney donated by his father was inserted. Since then, Daniel Westling has been eating medications every day, but says he is feeling well. And the former gym owner and personal trainer knows what training can do for well-being.
- I don't always think it's super cool to go to gym or go out and jog. But I do it anyway because I know the health effects of it, both physically and mentally. But I have great respect for those who can't handle it. And above all the children who don't have the knowledge and understanding of adults, there must really be a structure. So it's not about which home you're from. I think society must ensure that everyone is given the opportunity to have a good health.
The prince radiates more sense of responsibility than feast and glamor, and at home he has a one-year-old (Oscar) and a five-year-old (Estelle) to raise up.
Has Estelle started with any sport yet?
- Not any organized sport, but I think it's important to be a good example as a parent. It's a bit cliché-minded to say so, but the social heritage is enormously strong. It is enough to go out so that the children move more than if they sit inside. Then the children see what you do. Estelle has said several times "I also want to jog" or "I want to go to gym too". Then you can take a small round. My parents were not the world's most sporty, but they sometimes jogged and I remember when I got to join them.
We reach the hotel and a press officer invites us to wrap up. The 15 minutes we were promised became about half an hour.
- I think I've never talked so much in such a short time, the prince says.
We thank for the interview and the group moves towards the hotel entrance, but Westling suddenly turns and comes back to us. He wants to say one more thing.
- My most important message, he says seriously, is that all children must move 60 minutes a day. That's the foundation.
Otherwise Prince Daniel comes with the whip?
- No, otherwise there will be ill health in the long run. We are the country that eats most candy. We are one of Europe's most sedentary people. It's not good. And it doesn't have to be about doing 60 minutes at once, but getting the pulse up a little bit during the day. You may play in a playground or participate in an athletic context. That you don't sit still.
En dimension i livet som gör dig lyckligare_GP
Translation

Last edited:
Swedish TV-producer and songwriter Alexander Kronlund, 45, moved from Los Angeles back to Stockholm in the spring and is now at the jury of Idol 2017.
He told to Hänt that during the years he has got to know some members of the royal family.
He has come closest to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. He spends most time with Daniel, because they share a common interest.
- I especially like very much Victoria and Daniel and their cute children, I play golf with Daniel, says Alexander, and continues to tell that the royal family is close to his heart.
- I think they are wonderful, he says, and tells also that the king and queen liked him singing at Polar Music Prize a couple of years ago.
Alexander Kronlund berättar om hemliga relationen till kungafamiljen _ Hänt.se

Expressen tells that Victoria, Daniel and the children were on a family getaway at the weekend and were at charming Villa Fridhem in Östergötland on Saturday.
Villa Fridhem, a hotel with restaurant and conference center outside Norrköping, has been frequently visited by royals over the years. Not so strange because it was built in 1909 as the summer residence of Prince Carl, son of Oscar II, and Princess Ingeborg.
Victoria, Daniel and their children ate dinner in a little secluded part of the dining room before leaving the mansion on Saturday night.
Magnus Dahlin, Ceo of Villa Fridhem, doesn't want to say anything about Crown Princess Victoria's visit with her family.
- We don't comment on which guests we have, neither can we say yes or no about that we have them as guests.
It is unclear if the Crown Princess family slept at Villa Fridhem.
Princess Estelle is the Duchess of just Östergotland, and she has visited Villa Fridhem earlier. In 2016 she was there with Dad, Prince Daniel.
The dinner with the whole family has been snapped up between several public commitments during the weeks. But both Victoria and Daniel appreciate spending a lot of time with the kids. Estelle has repeatedly followed up on assignments and other activities with her parents.
Kronprinsessan Victoria besökte Villa Fridhem med familjen _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Villa Fridhem
Villa Fridhem - Hotell, restaurang och konferens

:previous: Thank you for sharing LadyFinn. I love the photos of the hotel scenery on the website, Sweden in autumn is on my bucket list (I've been in spring and winter). It's nice that they could spend a weekend away together without being disturbed by the paparazzi.

Beautiful hotel and other photos :flowers:

I totally agree, Sweden in the Autumn would be so beautiful to see in person.

Happy the hotel refused to comment and there are no photos. Good way for the hotel to assure the couple will consider coming back again. Though they are public figures, and pretty good natured about photos, like anyone they can appreciate being left in private for a nice dinner. And not having it sold.

Rhetoric expert Elaine Eksvärd analyzes Victoria as a leader at Ledarna's (Sweden’s organization for managers) @Work program, which is sent at Aftonbladet TV, TV3, Viafree och Svenska Dagbladet on Wednesdays.
It starts at 4.22.
"Crown princess Victoria is the most popular leader in Sweden. She is a very skilled speaker. She is close to feelings, so it is easy to relate to her, in spite of that she is sitting at a Palace. And it is not wrong to show feelings, when for example the situation motivates that you should show feelings, like after the terror attack in Stockholm. The crown princess is so thoughtful, that she forgets on her birthday that she is the one who turns years, and starts to sing the congratulation song people sing for her (a video is shown from Victoria's birthday 2016). The crown princess manages not to overstep boundaries when being personal, not to provoke. Then you easily think that she is not very personal, but she is just that, and has the perfect balance. And she is personal in a way, that it feels nice and comfortable. And that a leader can think at home, to be more like this."
Lennart Engelhardt_ Våga vara ärlig i rekryteringen _ Om Ledarna _ Ledarna

Björn O. Nilsson, the President of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, writes at his last column at Academy's IVA Aktuellt -magazine 5/2017 about his years as ceo of the Academy. Nilsson leaves his job as the President of Academy in the end of October.

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, as an independent force, has continued to work with both innovation and entrepreneurship in various projects that started with Innovation for Growth 2009 and Prince Daniel's Fellowship 2013.
The view of society, and the image of the entrepreneur, has changed radically in the last decade. An entrepreneur is perceived as an engine in the economy, one that transforms ideas into innovations. A Swedish hero and wealth builder, just like the engineer. Therefore, it is gratifying to see how much interest there is from schools and universities to receive Prince Daniel and his inspirators. And what enthusiasm they meet from school students on their travels in Sweden.
Vd-ledare_ IVA är ett effektivt nätverk - IVA

A woman met Victoria yesterday.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1745960838788552&set=pcb.1745960915455211&type=3&theater

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning:
Crown Princess Victoria is, as you know, a big fan of Swedish designers. She likes sustainable fashion and always looks forward to reusing her favorites, over and over again. Camilla Thulin is a Swedish designer who is a little extra close to Victoria's heart. She has been wearing her clothes both for everyday and for parties.
Camilla Thulin says:
- We are incredibly happy and proud that one of the country's most iconic women chooses to wear our clothes. It is wonderful that her skilled stylist Tina Törnquist dares to choose lovely colors and fun models. The Crown Princess carries up our clothes in a feminine, grown-up and proud way. It means extremely much that our clothes appear on a woman who works so hard for so many good things. She is an incredibly good role model. We stand for an adult female expression, which feels important. The different combinations can inspire other women to dare to choose the female look instead of the current youth hysteria.
Camilla Thulin_ “Otroligt stolt över att kronprinsessan bär mina plagg” _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Daniel and Estelle were seen at waterpark Aquaventure of Hotel Atlantis in Dubai on Thursday. They had with them a member of the staff with "Lifeguard" at his back. Estelle held Daniel on his hand, they had other people with them with whom they chatted and laughed. Victoria and Oscar weren't seen at the waterpark, but according to Expressen they are in Dubai too. Estelle, like all children in Sweden, has some days autumn holiday this week. Margareta Thorgren said that the court doesn't comment royal family's private trips.
Här semestrar Daniel med Estelle i Dubai _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Daniel has a work event on Monday.

Last edited:
w aterpark, how nice for the family. Hope they enjoyed their days off

Oscar is really good at looking slightly annoyed...

Victoria and Daniel attend this evening at FIFA World Cup football qualification match Sweden-Italy at Friends Arena in Solna. They have their friends with them, there looks to be at least Patrik Vrbanc, Andreas Nylin and Niklas Ek. The match started at 20.45.
https://media.shootitlive.com/XG0EOt6t9ydwxF4ITZS8LUYRj8R/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/6908
https://media.shootitlive.com/0DfLgm3A2RsDyThiXHKpTUNhkG3/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/6908
https://media.shootitlive.com/JJLGlWYeDlyIFOSXg4Q8P8PMrB0/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/6908
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVBCA7lGcq/?taken-at=218653732007665

Gallery
Belga Image

Last edited:
:previous: how nice. An important game to get into the World Cup. so far Sweden is winning 1 to 0

And Sweden won 1-0! Zlatan was there to watch the match too.

The court published this wonderful photo of Victoria and Daniel at their Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVI_KpHB-c/?taken-at=218653732007665

Exciting...
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040011J15103814602448281
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040021J15103814602448281
The aide-de-camp takes the photo of Victoria and Daniel which the court published at their Instagram.
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040031J15103814602448281
The whole gallery
fotobanka Profimedia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVVVCMlNsa/?taken-at=218653732007665

Victoria and Daniel at the football match
ROYAL: Victoria und Daniel beim Fussballspiel Schweden-Italien
Victorias och Daniels glada selfie från fotbollsarenan

https://stoppapressarna.se/sites/de...ider_full/public/artikelalbum/_4.07298627.jpg
https://stoppapressarna.se/sites/de...ider_full/public/artikelalbum/_4.07298628.jpg
https://stoppapressarna.se/sites/de...ider_full/public/artikelalbum/_4.07298634.jpg
https://stoppapressarna.se/sites/de...ider_full/public/artikelalbum/_4.07298623.jpg
https://stoppapressarna.se/sites/de...ider_full/public/artikelalbum/_4.07298626.jpg

Prinssi Daniel ja kruununprinsessa Victoria - viikon söpöin yhteiskuva jalkapallokatsomosta
Se när Victoria och Daniel hejar fram Sverige till seger i viktiga matchen _ Hänt.se

Video
VIP- hyllan på matchen innehöll både kungligt och Zlatan

Here is a gallery of Victoria and Daniel at the football match on Friday.
Victoria och Daniel på VM-match _ Svensk Damtidning

Victoria de Suède et le prince Daniel en amoureux au match de foot Suède-Italie

You could be jealous of such a love story! Even after all this time, Victoria and Daniel are still one heart and one soul.
For 16 years, they have been inseparable, married for over seven years: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (40) and husband Prince Daniel (44). These two are both role models for many - in joint performances you can feel the love between the two. Of all the stress one is exposed to as royal, one does not notice anything at them. They are probably the most relaxed heir to the throne couple in Europe...
Victoria & Daniel von Schweden_ Leicht zersaust und überglücklich _ BUNTE.de

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel attended on Saturday evening at the SAP NHL Global Series icehockey match Colorado Avalance-Ottawa Senators played at Ericsson Globe in Stockholm. It was the second match of the teams in Sweden.
Photos of Daniel meeting the swedish players of Colorado and Ottawa after the match, we can see also Daniel's father Olle Westling and friend Niklas Ek at the photos. At the photos is also Gary Bettman, the commissioner of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Obviously Daniel and his entourage were at the match with his friend Peter Forsberg, here Foppa with Daniel's friend Patrik Vrbanc (left).

Daniel was interviewed on TV3 after the match.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOYpXwgXUAA9BdJ.jpg
Unfortunately the video of Daniel's interview can be seen only in Sweden.
Prince Daniel about meeting the Swedish stars: "May be a bit tactical"
After the second NHL match, the Swedish stars got to meet Prince Daniel - who revealed that he had to take a tactical approach when talking to the players.
- I said a bit different things because there are winners and losers. You have to be a bit tactical, a bit flexible, he says to TV3.
Prins Daniel om mötet de svenska stjärnorna_ _Får vara lite taktisk_ » Viasatsport.se

Last edited:
HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel attended the Sweden vs Italy Football match

Expressen had an article about the Baltic Sea on 14th November, also Victoria's engagement for it is mentioned.

The future of the Baltic Sea
The Baltic Sea Alarm: Can be transformed into a lake
Climate change and its consequences have also made Crown Princess Victoria to engage in the Baltic Sea.
Both she and the other royal family have visited the Askölaboratory on several occasions since the king received the island of Askö on birthday present at his 50th birthday, which meant that the island became a nature reserve. Today, the Crown Princess is one of 16 ambassadors to promote the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, Agenda 2030, and she is particularly interested in the issues of water and health.
At the latest in September, she was at Askö for that her daughter, Princess Estelle, would learn about the sea and the problems facing the Baltic Sea.
Then Per Hedberg's, PhD student at Stockholm University, climate study was going on. He is investigating how a concentration of cyanobacteria in the Baltic Sea affects bottom crustaceans, mussels and worms.
Larmet om Östersjön_ Kan förvandlas till en insjö _ Reportage _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning wrote at their newest issue about what Victoria has said at Under bjælken, a portrait book of crown prince Frederik.
- It is clear that it is strange that you are awaiting one's mother or father to die, but on the other hand, it's also something that you live with all the time.
The words of the crown princess have a huge weight. Surely, she has talked a bit about her destiny of life previously - but so open about her feelings at taking over the father the king, she has never been before.
- I don't see it as a wait. I live in the present and do my utmost to benefit Sweden today. So for me this lies in the future. My daily work is to be relevant on my role here and now. You grow up in the role as the heir to the throne, and I became more and more used to it in the course of time, and I dared also to get into the role with time.
Victoria says also that the insight that one day she will take over after dad the king has been there ever since she was a child and that over the years it has become natural.
- It is a growth process.
Victoria also talks about how she, as Crown Princess, has the opportunity to influence others and be a positive role model.
- I often see my role as an opportunity to be a voice to others and to show the good example, because I strongly believe in the power of the good example. My role is also to gather people from different groups to parts of society. Because when people meet, something happens!

Nice photos of the family
Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar went to Sweden International Horse Show's family matinée at Friends Arena today.
Since the Sweden International Horse Show moved to Friends Arena 2014, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Estelle have been frequent visitors to the event.
And this year they brought the whole family to Stockholm's horse festival. Together with Prince Daniel and Prince Oscar, the family was in place during Saturday's family matinée, a mix between shows and music.
Before the show they got to follow behind the scenes, including driving a tractor.
- Oscar was delighted to get to drive a tractor, said a source to Expressen.
The family was invited to saffron bun and chocolate before the performance, where Estelle was very expectant for the show.
When she visited Sweden International Horse Show 2015, the princess got a walk in the stable where she, among other things, fed horses. This year, however, there was no visit to the stable. Prince Daniel is allergic to horses, which complicated the visit. But everyone was looking forward to seeing the show.
Kronprinsessan Victoria med familj på plats på Friends arena _ Ridsport _ Expressen

From Instagram and Twitter of Swedish Equestrian Federation
"During Saturday, H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria with family visited Sweden International Horse Show's popular family matinée. This year also H.R.H. Prince Daniel was with, despite of an allergy."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNRsMAH5Cf/?taken-by=svenska_ridsportforbundet

You can download HQ photos from the press release of Sweden International Horse Show. Click the photos down at the page and click "Ladda ner högupplöst bild".
Kronprinsessan med familj på besök - Sweden International Horse Show

One more photo from Sweden International Horse Show, of Daniel
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNV8Q1AQz0/?tagged=sihs2017

And a drawing of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar at the christening
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcNOsVJFw4r/?tagged=kungahuset

The royal court publishes at their Instagram photos of Victoria, Daniel and the children at Sweden International Horse Show.
The first photo we have already seen - but there is also a second photo, Oscar driving a tractor.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcSZNRKnWy0/?taken-by=kungahuset

Here is some more photos of Oscar driving a tractor at Sweden International Horse Show on 2nd December, Daniel takes a photo.
ROYAL: EXKLUSIV - Victoria's Sohn Prinz Oscar "fährt" Traktor bei der International Horse Show

Last edited by a moderator:
Oscar has the same serious little face at the Horse Show than he did at the christening :D Bless him. He looks a lot like a mini-Daniel in the new photos too.
Estelle's little smile is adorable; she seemed rather enthusiastic about posing for the photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom