The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria at the HC Andersen Celebrations in Denmark; April 2005

Crown Princess Victoria tonight at the H.C. Andersen Gala Performance at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark. The pics are from Imagine and one from Polfoto:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	118841   Click image for larger version

Name:	V2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	118842   Click image for larger version

Name:	V3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	118843   Click image for larger version

Name:	V4.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	118844  

Name:	V5.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	118845   Click image for larger version

Name:	V6.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	118846   Click image for larger version

Name:	245357684.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	118847  

Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...havenīt I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I donīt want to see glasses with evening wear. I also donīt want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I donīt want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo

Old 04-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its the "Meet the Danes outfit" I like the outfit, always have, and think she looks lovely, the hair is nice but glasses and evening wear is a no no for me, maybe she will wear the green dress for one of the next events My complaint is that she just wore it in Sidney and to the last meeting with Mary
Old 04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

While she looks lovely, I think she would've looked much nicer in a nice evening dress.

I read that she's staying as a guest at cousin Frederik's home, Kancellihuset.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thank you for the pictures, GrandDuchess
Is Victoria reading on this board...and is doing this on purpose ...if so "This is not funny, Victoria"...havenīt I made my point clear, that it would be terrible, when she would have a third meeting with Mary, which would be like the first two?! I donīt want to see glasses with evening wear. I also donīt want to see a top within a few weeks two times. And I donīt want to see the same styles for meetings with the same Royals. The only improvement: her hairdo
I know Victoria probably could dress a bit more young and "edgy". The style she had in Australia was really good and suited her, but really so what if she is wearing glasses and the same top within two weeks? She seems to be such a lovely girl and an excellent representative for Sweden, she does so much work all by herself without having the support of a husband/fiance next to her. She is intelligent, hardworking and seems to have a heart. Her job is to represent Sweden, not be a supermodel.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolla
I know Victoria probably could dress a bit more young and "edgy". The style she had in Australia was really good and suited her, but really so what if she is wearing glasses and the same top within two weeks? She seems to be such a lovely girl and an excellent representative for Sweden, she does so much work all by herself without having the support of a husband/fiance next to her. She is intelligent, hardworking and seems to have a heart. Her job is to represent Sweden, not be a supermodel.
Yes, but who gets the headlines? A stylish crown princess or the hard working one? I must say, I havenīt seen as many articles on Victoria as around her time in Australia for a long time! And maybe thatīs our bad bad world and this system should be changed. But so far itīs simply a fact, that you get headlines, and through that attention for organisations, when you look like a princess.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Gentry

I do think Victoria looks like a princess, and to me wherever she goes she seem to make headlines. I think the reason why Mary got so much attention in Australia compared to Victoria, was not purely due to how she dressed but the whole concept of a cinderella story, the common girl getting the prince and she is visiting her "old" homeland. Mary is new "blood" for the press, the exact same thing happened to her sister in law Alexandra when she got married to Joachim.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria during the afternoon today at the celebrations of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday jubilee in his birthtown Odense in Denmark. Pic from Fotomarktplatz:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	119435  
Old 04-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Thank you, Grand Duchess, for the lovely pictures. I'm so impressed with Victoria's new sense of ('dare bare') style. You go girl!

She looks fantastic!

Old 04-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I must say, Iīm quite disappointed of Victoriaīs appearances. I canīt say, that Mary was as stunning as I know her from earlier appearances, but she has clearly beaten Victoria.
As Iīve said, I donīt think it was very wise to wear this top, she has worn in Australia 3 weeks ago and for the first meeting with Mary. But that was still ok. A bit inconsiderately...but well.
But today I hated all two combinations. Yes, I mean esp. COMBINATIONS. This black hat destroys the outfit, the same for the jacket to the boring black dress in the evening. And that Iīm not the biggest fan of glasses to galas is no big secret.
It seems "nagging Lena" is back...I guess you donīt have missed her. Well, Iīm in a bad and sad mood today, maybe I will see her appearance in Denmark with "other eyes" in a few days.

You can find the pictures here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...018#post194018

EDIT: Tonight she hasnīt worn a black dress...but black pants...again pants...her parents should have named her "Victor"
Old 04-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

If we would ever make Victoria recyceling tread, we would need atleast two posts and tweny attachments to every outfit, how many times have we seen this jacket the past two years Mary, Laurentien and Victoria all looked dowdy\unflattering dressed in Parken I had truly expected something more for a fairy tale show.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52580024.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	119538  
Old 04-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
how many times have we seen this jacket the past two years
Interestingly she has (also) worn it for a meeting with a danish Royal. Then with queen Margrethe. I guess in the past 3 years, Victoria hasnīt met the danish Royals more than 3-5 times officially . But for these HCA-meetings she had to choose exactly 2 outfits, which she has worn before for meetings with the Danes
Old 04-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my goodness! I don't want to be mean, but that 'can't-even-define-what-colour-that-is' jacket is hideous. Why would she want to wear it more than once? It's the wrong colour and cut for her (or anyone, for that matter). It appears as if she has worn flat shoes with her 'outfit' as well. Bad choice. Very bad! I agree, Lena, about wearing glasses to galas. She often wears contacts; why couldn't she have worn them for an event like this? From the previous photo (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...entid=119435); that hat is terrible as well. *shakes head in sadness* “Why Victoria? Why did you revert back to your old ways?” I don't mind that shiny blue top, but she has worn it recently. I guess she will recycle her clothing to death, just like those white shoes (let us pray they are gone out of sight). I wish I was her fashion consultant. I can't guarantee her clothing would improve, but it sure would make me feel better.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I must say, Iīm quite disappointed of Victoriaīs appearances. I canīt say, that Mary was as stunning as I know her from earlier appearances, but she has clearly beaten Victoria.
As Iīve said, I donīt think it was very wise to wear this top, she has worn in Australia 3 weeks ago and for the first meeting with Mary. But that was still ok. A bit inconsiderately...but well.
But today I hated all two combinations. Yes, I mean esp. COMBINATIONS. This black hat destroys the outfit, the same for the jacket to the boring black dress in the evening. And that Iīm not the biggest fan of glasses to galas is no big secret.
It seems "nagging Lena" is back...I guess you donīt have missed her. Well, Iīm in a bad and sad mood today, maybe I will see her appearance in Denmark with "other eyes" in a few days.

You can find the pictures here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...018#post194018

EDIT: Tonight she hasnīt worn a black dress...but black pants...again pants...her parents should have named her "Victor"
This post has totally made me laugh Lena! Especially the last Edit comment. I am now trying to clean tea off the screen on my laptop and make my keyboard less sticky.

I don't care much for Victoria's metallic jacket either. The big flower pinned to the jacket -- wasn't that fad over like two seasons ago? I remember it being popular two seasons ago during Sex and the City's last season (here in North America). Or maybe as the show probably runs a bit behind in Sweden it is the current trend there now so Victoria is stylish and I just don't know it?

I too, am in agreement with Lena about the glasses. I don't have (as much) of a problem if she's wearing glasses with her suits during daytime engagements. I think sometimes it even works well for her in that she looks older and more professional. But for a gala when Margrethe and Benedikte are in their fur jackets and even 60 year old Benedikte is wearing a dress with a rather daring slit young, nubile 27 year old Victoria looks very dowdy and old in her glasses and ponytail. At least she could've done her hair in curls or an updo if she were to wear a ponytail.

(Is anyone for chipping in a few dollars so that we can send Lena to Sweden to either cut off the ponytail, steal her glasses and leave her a fresh supply of contacts, steal the white shoes (for Danielle!), and steal any and all items of clothing we have seen more than 5 times and/or loathe? :p)
Old 04-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
(Is anyone for chipping in a few dollars so that we can send Lena to Sweden to either cut off the ponytail, steal her glasses and leave her a fresh supply of contacts, steal the white shoes (for Danielle!), and steal any and all items of clothing we have seen more than 5 times and/or loathe? :p)
ha ha ha. Very funny, Alexandria. Iīm sure there are a few people who would like to contribute to that plan! :)
Old 04-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
ha ha ha. Very funny, Alexandria. Iīm sure there are a few people who would like to contribute to that plan! :)
Yeah! Dennism would steal complete Victoria
Old 04-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
You can count me in! Where should I make the payment? I can even supply Lena with a place to sleep and some food, she's very welcome - and it's near Stockholm city too! :)

Tags
copenhagen opera house, crown princess victoria, denmark, hans christian andersen festivities