The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 11-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Solange's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 111
Godchildren of Victoria

How many godchildren does Victoria have and who are they? I think she the godmother (or something like that) of princess Amalia and Ingrid-Alexandra.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-25-2004, 08:30 AM
Solange's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 111
Also, I think she's the godparent of one of Prince Pavlos of Greece's children.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
She is also the godmother of her cousin Patriks son...(forgot his name!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-29-2004, 05:39 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
James Patrick, the son of Margaretha? He and Ursula just have a daughter, Lilly who was born in 2003. It could be someone else then.
__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-29-2004, 06:37 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
James Patrick, the son of Margaretha? He and Ursula just have a daughter, Lilly who was born in 2003. It could be someone else then.
No, its the son of Victorias german cousin Patrik Sommerlath.

I think I´ve heard the name Leopold?? but my memory is really bad :) does anyone remember his name?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-29-2004, 06:47 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
O, right. My mistake.
__________________
WYAO
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Amy's Avatar
Amy Amy is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: -, United Kingdom
Posts: 215
EXCLUSIVE: Victoria of Sweden 'To Be Godmother' to Mary's Son

Don't say we at The Royalist don't endeavour to offer you exclusives before they've hit even the Press. Just days after we brought you those amazing, previously unseen images of Charles and Diana's private Royal Christmas, here's an exclusive bit of news which is yet to make the papers.

A very reliable and well placed source informs us that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has been chosen as Godmother to the as-yet unnamed son of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

The christening of the future King of Denmark, who it is widely believed will be named Christian (in line with a tradition that 'dictates' that the heir is named either Frederik or Christian) will take place on Saturday 21st January.

No doubt the eyes of the world will be focused on Christiansborg Palace Church in Copenhagen to see whether the little boy born to rule will, indeed, be nestled in the arms of the hugely popular and always dignified future Queen of Sweden.

http://www.theroyalist.net/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
EXCLUSIVE: Victoria of Sweden 'To Be Godmother' to Mary's Son

Don't say we at The Royalist don't endeavour to offer you exclusives before they've hit even the Press. Just days after we brought you those amazing, previously unseen images of Charles and Diana's private Royal Christmas, here's an exclusive bit of news which is yet to make the papers.

A very reliable and well placed source informs us that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has been chosen as Godmother to the as-yet unnamed son of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

The christening of the future King of Denmark, who it is widely believed will be named Christian (in line with a tradition that 'dictates' that the heir is named either Frederik or Christian) will take place on Saturday 21st January.

No doubt the eyes of the world will be focused on Christiansborg Palace Church in Copenhagen to see whether the little boy born to rule will, indeed, be nestled in the arms of the hugely popular and always dignified future Queen of Sweden.

http://www.theroyalist.net/
What do you guys think Mary has said about it? She doesn't seem to like Victoria a lot, so...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:49 PM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
What do you guys think Mary has said about it? She doesn't seem to like Victoria a lot, so...
What makes you think that she does not like Viktoria?
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-31-2005, 12:01 AM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
What makes you think that she does not like Viktoria?
well not only Victoria but any other female that speaks with Frederik, specially if they are Royals
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-01-2006, 08:56 AM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
well not only Victoria but any other female that speaks with Frederik, specially if they are Royals
So you think she is afraid that someone could steal away Fred?
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 AM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
What do you guys think Mary has said about it? She doesn't seem to like Victoria a lot, so...
Actually, I think Victoria was the first non-danish royal she met. It was a while ago, but I remeber seeing pics of them together. I happen to think Mary is friends with Victoria. Besides, it's not just up to Mary who the godparents will be. I'm pretty sure Fred and Vicky are good friends so...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:23 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
I haven't seen any hint that Mary doesn't like Victoria or any other female that comes in contact with Fred. As future monarchs of Denmark she and Fred have to have good relations with their Scandanavian counterparts.

Heavens, where do people get these ridiculous stories?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Well, I don´t think, that one can say, that they don´t like each other. I also wouldn´t speak of jealousy (in the sense of "don´t steal my partner, damn bitch") between them. After all Frederik is Victoria´s cousin and they behave like friends.
But as I´ve said before (and as I think others have too...and therefore the rumours) I don´t think Mary and Victoria are friends (already) I don´t think their relationship is bad and they surely know how to communicate on an official level, but I don´t see this warmth and naturalness, that I see, when Victoria and Letizia meet (of course...of course it could be the photographers, who catch the wrong moments etc. pp.)

Aftonbladet has today also written, that Victoria will be godparent. I would say the chances to guess that right, aren´t small
Aftonbladet has also written, that Daniel can´t/won´t come with her :( Yeah...yeah...now an other year without a wedding has started *snieefff* :( :( :(
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...755298,00.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,033
Frederik's mother and Victoria's father are cousins - not F & V.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Frederik's mother and Victoria's father are cousins - not F & V.
Frederik and Victoria are 2nd cousins. Their children Prince "no name" and Prince(ss) "now only an egg" will be 3rd cousins, their children 4th and so on.
Some (ppl out of big families, Nobles, ppl interested in genealogy and/or genetics) even use the term "cousin" for 4th, 5th, 6th... cousins (A grade of relation about which an ordinary person doesn´t know anymore)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-02-2006, 07:03 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I haven't seen any hint that Mary doesn't like Victoria or any other female that comes in contact with Fred. As future monarchs of Denmark she and Fred have to have good relations with their Scandanavian counterparts.

Heavens, where do people get these ridiculous stories?
Neither have I And as far as I remember, the media wrote that Victoria stayed in Kancellihuset with Frederik and Mary when she visited Denmark (last year I think it was). They aren't forced to rub shoulders this way, so why make this choice if you don't like the other party?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Frederik and Victoria are 2nd cousins. Their children Prince "no name" and Prince(ss) "now only an egg" will be 3rd cousins, their children 4th and so on.
Some (ppl out of big families, Nobles, ppl interested in genealogy and/or genetics) even use the term "cousin" for 4th, 5th, 6th... cousins (A grade of relation about which an ordinary person doesn´t know anymore)
true... in swedish we say "syssling" (= my mother is your mothers cousin)
Its only the children of uncles/aunts that we call cousins
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Godmother Victoria

Crown Princess Victoria seems to be the choice godmother for the heirs of Europe! So far I know she has these royal godchildren:

HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
HRH Prince Christian of Denmark

I'm not sure if Elisabeth of Belgium is also her goddaughter, can anybody confirm this? Are there any other royal godchildren?

Since all these Crown Princely couples are giving her the title Godmother to their firstborns, would it be customary for Victoria in turn to name these couples godparents of her first-born?
__________________
사랑
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Oppie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 537
Princess Elisabeth godparents are Prince Amedeo (her first cousin) and Helene d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde sister)

She is also the godmother of Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
godmother, godparents


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mette-Marit as the Godmother of Oddysseas norwegianne Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 14 01-11-2013 02:41 AM
The Swedish Royal Family and the Military Josefine Royal House of Sweden 88 10-17-2010 07:26 AM
Stalkers: Victoria Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 13 09-09-2005 10:36 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]