Victoria as a Godmother/Sponsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems as if Victoria would wear again the outfit, which she wore for the belgian wedding in 2003 and for the birthday photos to Silvia´s birthday 2003. B-O-R-I-N-G

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 12th, 2004 - 5:31 am
It seems as if Victoria would wear again the outfit, which she wore for the belgian wedding in 2003 and for the birthday photos to Silvia´s birthday 2003. B-O-R-I-N-G
Well Len. Its quite hard to satisfy you. Maybe you are a little spoiled princess too, aren't you?

Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 12th, 2004 - 12:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de @ Jun 12th, 2004 - 12:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 12th, 2004 - 5:31 am
Well Len. Its quite hard to satisfy you. Maybe you are a little spoiled princess too, aren't you? [/b][/quote]
:lol: Can´t deny that...To be honest I´m a real "princess on the pea" :p
Yes, you´re right I should try to be more satisfied...especially because she DIDN´T wear a ponytail.
But you´ve forgotten the "A". I´m not Len (even though it would be G-R-E-A-T) ;)

I like tha hat a lot much better then many other hats she has worn
But I think she looked geat at Ingrid Alexandras christning very spring feeling she could have done something like that again...

I must say that I agree with those of you who have said that she could have worn another outfit to Princess Catharina-Amalia's christening today. I mean the outfit in itself is very nice, especially the hat - but I too think she could've worn something more "springlike" as she did at Princess Ingrid Alexandra's christening. That oufit she had back then was really nice, with good bright colour and a summer feel to it. We've already seen the outfit she wore today a few times too.... :blink:

:p

I have no complaints. :innocent: Okay. Another outfit would be nice. The Dennis who likes variety agrees with everybody. But the other Dennis says that she looked great anyway.

Great photos, Lena. I especially like the third photo. She is really smiling there.

and my two cents worth ....

I agree with Lena, its so b-o-r-i-n-g seeing Victoria in a re-run of an outfit when all the other beauties have splurged on new dresses and hats.

I especially like Grand Duchess Maria Teresa ... she looked smashing. Looks like she dropped a few pounds. She looked svelte, and her husband looked like he didn't quite know the (new) lady at his side. ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 12th, 2004 - 11:18 pm
and my two cents worth ....

I agree with Lena, its so b-o-r-i-n-g seeing Victoria in a re-run of an outfit when all the other beauties have splurged on new dresses and hats.

I especially like Grand Duchess Maria Teresa ... she looked smashing. Looks like she dropped a few pounds. She looked svelte, and her husband looked like he didn't quite know the (new) lady at his side. ;)
I think the king has to show that he has not enough money!

Godchildren of Victoria

How many godchildren does Victoria have and who are they? I think she the godmother (or something like that) of princess Amalia and Ingrid-Alexandra.

Also, I think she's the godparent of one of Prince Pavlos of Greece's children.

She is also the godmother of her cousin Patriks son...(forgot his name!)

James Patrick, the son of Margaretha? He and Ursula just have a daughter, Lilly who was born in 2003. It could be someone else then.

Dennism said:
James Patrick, the son of Margaretha? He and Ursula just have a daughter, Lilly who was born in 2003. It could be someone else then.
No, its the son of Victorias german cousin Patrik Sommerlath.

I think I´ve heard the name Leopold?? but my memory is really bad :) does anyone remember his name?

O, right. My mistake.

EXCLUSIVE: Victoria of Sweden 'To Be Godmother' to Mary's Son

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]Don't say we at The Royalist don't endeavour to offer you exclusives before they've hit even the Press. Just days after we brought you those amazing, previously unseen images of Charles and Diana's private Royal Christmas, here's an exclusive bit of news which is yet to make the papers.

A very reliable and well placed source informs us that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has been chosen as Godmother to the as-yet unnamed son of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]The christening of the future King of Denmark, who it is widely believed will be named Christian (in line with a tradition that 'dictates' that the heir is named either Frederik or Christian) will take place on Saturday 21st January.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]No doubt the eyes of the world will be focused on Christiansborg Palace Church in Copenhagen to see whether the little boy born to rule will, indeed, be nestled in the arms of the hugely popular and always dignified future Queen of Sweden.

http://www.theroyalist.net/[/FONT]

Amy said:
EXCLUSIVE: Victoria of Sweden 'To Be Godmother' to Mary's Son

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]Don't say we at The Royalist don't endeavour to offer you exclusives before they've hit even the Press. Just days after we brought you those amazing, previously unseen images of Charles and Diana's private Royal Christmas, here's an exclusive bit of news which is yet to make the papers.

A very reliable and well placed source informs us that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden has been chosen as Godmother to the as-yet unnamed son of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]The christening of the future King of Denmark, who it is widely believed will be named Christian (in line with a tradition that 'dictates' that the heir is named either Frederik or Christian) will take place on Saturday 21st January.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]No doubt the eyes of the world will be focused on Christiansborg Palace Church in Copenhagen to see whether the little boy born to rule will, indeed, be nestled in the arms of the hugely popular and always dignified future Queen of Sweden.

http://www.theroyalist.net/[/FONT]
http://www.theroyalist.net/

What do you guys think Mary has said about it? She doesn't seem to like Victoria a lot, so...

crisiñaki said:
What do you guys think Mary has said about it? She doesn't seem to like Victoria a lot, so...

What makes you think that she does not like Viktoria?

mixer2002de said:
What makes you think that she does not like Viktoria?

well not only Victoria but any other female that speaks with Frederik, specially if they are Royals:D

crisiñaki said:
well not only Victoria but any other female that speaks with Frederik, specially if they are Royals:D
So you think she is afraid that someone could steal away Fred?

crisiñaki said:

Actually, I think Victoria was the first non-danish royal she met. It was a while ago, but I remeber seeing pics of them together. I happen to think Mary is friends with Victoria. Besides, it's not just up to Mary who the godparents will be. I'm pretty sure Fred and Vicky are good friends so...;)

I haven't seen any hint that Mary doesn't like Victoria or any other female that comes in contact with Fred. As future monarchs of Denmark she and Fred have to have good relations with their Scandanavian counterparts.

Heavens, where do people get these ridiculous stories?

Well, I don´t think, that one can say, that they don´t like each other. I also wouldn´t speak of jealousy (in the sense of "don´t steal my partner, damn bitch") between them. After all Frederik is Victoria´s cousin and they behave like friends.
But as I´ve said before (and as I think others have too...and therefore the rumours) I don´t think Mary and Victoria are friends (already) I don´t think their relationship is bad and they surely know how to communicate on an official level, but I don´t see this warmth and naturalness, that I see, when Victoria and Letizia meet (of course...of course it could be the photographers, who catch the wrong moments etc. pp.)

Aftonbladet has today also written, that Victoria will be godparent. I would say the chances to guess that right, aren´t small ;)
Aftonbladet has also written, that Daniel can´t/won´t come with her :( Yeah...yeah...now an other year without a wedding has started *snieefff* :( :( :(
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,755298,00.html

Frederik's mother and Victoria's father are cousins - not F & V.

grevinnan said:
Frederik's mother and Victoria's father are cousins - not F & V.

Frederik and Victoria are 2nd cousins. Their children Prince "no name" and Prince(ss) "now only an egg" will be 3rd cousins, their children 4th and so on.
Some (ppl out of big families, Nobles, ppl interested in genealogy and/or genetics) even use the term "cousin" for 4th, 5th, 6th... cousins (A grade of relation about which an ordinary person doesn´t know anymore)

ysbel said:
I haven't seen any hint that Mary doesn't like Victoria or any other female that comes in contact with Fred. As future monarchs of Denmark she and Fred have to have good relations with their Scandanavian counterparts.

Heavens, where do people get these ridiculous stories?
Neither have I:confused: And as far as I remember, the media wrote that Victoria stayed in Kancellihuset with Frederik and Mary when she visited Denmark (last year I think it was). They aren't forced to rub shoulders this way, so why make this choice if you don't like the other party?

Lena said:
Frederik and Victoria are 2nd cousins. Their children Prince "no name" and Prince(ss) "now only an egg" will be 3rd cousins, their children 4th and so on.
Some (ppl out of big families, Nobles, ppl interested in genealogy and/or genetics) even use the term "cousin" for 4th, 5th, 6th... cousins (A grade of relation about which an ordinary person doesn´t know anymore)
true... in swedish we say "syssling" (= my mother is your mothers cousin)
Its only the children of uncles/aunts that we call cousins

Godmother Victoria

Crown Princess Victoria seems to be the choice godmother for the heirs of Europe! So far I know she has these royal godchildren:

HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
HRH Prince Christian of Denmark

I'm not sure if Elisabeth of Belgium is also her goddaughter, can anybody confirm this? Are there any other royal godchildren?

Since all these Crown Princely couples are giving her the title Godmother to their firstborns, would it be customary for Victoria in turn to name these couples godparents of her first-born?

Princess Elisabeth godparents are Prince Amedeo (her first cousin) and Helene d'Udekem d'Acoz (Mathilde sister)

She is also the godmother of Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece

Back
Top Bottom