The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Yes it would be nice to see william joining his father and stepmother on the wedding if Charles is representing the queen. Maybe he will not as Victoria wasn´t at his and Camillas wedding but I hope there is no hard feelings between them.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex is an anoter option.

I wonder if there is a chance that The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will travel to stockholm as they were at the wedding between the king and queen in 1976.

I´d rather see that Lars Nilsson designs her wedding dress. He must be one of swedens most international expreienced designers. He has been designer for Christian Lacroix, Dior, Ralf Lauren and Chief Designer for Bill Blass, Nina Ricci and Gianfranco Ferré.

I guess she will wear the cameo tiara like her mother The Queen, her aunt Princess Birgitta and aunt Princess Desiree Baroness Silfverschiöld did at their weddings.

I can also see Victoria in "stråldiademet". Its quite smaller than the others but it suits her better.

Archbishop of the church of sweden Anders Wejryd will marry the couple and he will be assisted by Chief Court Chaplain Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Dean of Stockholm Åke Bonnier and Bishop of Lund Antje Jackélen.
Is Antje Jackelén the first female priest ever to have an active part in a royal wedding ?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 AM

I agree but Per Engsheden is good candidate too.

Who will design the wedding dresses for the Swedish princesses? - Top Fashion Designers - Fabulous3.tv - Fashion TV

/Nadja

Old 02-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Svensk Damtidning nr 6.pdf
Old 02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh good grief! If the plain monastic look in this mock-up is what they call "Swedish Tradition" then poor Victoria . . . . how absolutely awfully ugly!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Nobility

No Victorias wedding dress will defenitley not be like that. It looks like it´s a picture of her mothers wedding dress and Svensk Damtidning had placed Victorias face in it.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

I know this is the wedding thread but I had a question about succession rights if they were to divorce without having any children.If both of them remarried and had issue who would have first right of succession- the children of Crown Prince Daniel of Crown Princess Victoria? Since he gets her succession rights on the wedding day does this mean that his Kids would have better sucession rights than hers? That would hardly seem fair...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
I know this is the wedding thread but I had a question about succession rights if they were to divorce without having any children.If both of them remarried and had issue who would have first right of succession- the children of Crown Prince Daniel of Crown Princess Victoria? Since he gets her succession rights on the wedding day does this mean that his Kids would have better sucession rights than hers? That would hardly seem fair...
Daniel's children can never gets succession rights from him. They originate with CP Victoria and her lawful husband. If her first child is with a husband subsequent to Daniel that child will have the succession right.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel after the wedding, not Crown Prince Daniel.
Of course he himself does not 'get' any rights of succession to the Swedish throne upon marriage, and therefore none of his children can inherit any succession rights from him.
The children he might have with Crown Princess Victoria inherit HER succession rights.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Daniel's children can never gets succession rights from him. They originate with CP Victoria and her lawful husband. If her first child is with a husband subsequent to Daniel that child will have the succession right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Daniel Westling will become Prince Daniel after the wedding, not Crown Prince Daniel.
Of course he himself does not 'get' any rights of succession to the Swedish throne upon marriage, and therefore none of his children can inherit any succession rights from him.
The children he might have with Crown Princess Victoria inherit HER succession rights.
Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it would be something like the Crown Matrimonial that the three current reigning queen's spouses recieved (in each case HIS first born is heir, even if they had divorced and the Queens had produced additional children with subsequent husbands)
Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

That's not the case, the first born child within marriage of the reigning Queen is the heir (Unless it's a girl and the rules state a boy comes first) If the Queen has been married 4 times, the first born of the first marriage is the heir. (With the same exception as above.) (Because she can't be married to more then 1 person at the same time, that's the same as her firstborn child within marriage.)

Josette
Old 02-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Just a question (which we hope never happens). If Daniel should become ill again (just before the wedding) what would happen to all the wedding plans......would they just switch Bride & Groom (Maddie & Jonas) and go on with the wedding (millkions & millkions of dollars are at stake),
and when Daniel recovered they would have the wedding (in the winter) that Maddie & Jonas had planned.
It would be terrible, but I'm sure they must have plan #B to go with
Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Just a question (which we hope never happens). If Daniel should become ill again (just before the wedding) what would happen to all the wedding plans......would they just switch Bride & Groom (Maddie & Jonas) and go on with the wedding (millkions & millkions of dollars are at stake),
and when Daniel recovered they would have the wedding (in the winter) that Maddie & Jonas had planned.
That sounds VERY strange i think - if god forbid Daniel (or Victoria) would get seriously ill and can´t go through with the wedding on june 19th - i think it would rather be moved to a later date then have Madeleine and Jonas take that date... Fortunatly i don´t think any of this will happen
Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
No they would just have Jonas marry Victoria and when Daniel recovers he would then marry Madeline Oh, wait this is not the arranged royal marriages of the middle ages
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is now 3 months until their wedding! How time flies and I feel like they just announced their engagement yesterday.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Majesty

a wals for victoria and daniel
Blir Dellert och Hallins låt Victorias bröllopsvals? - Nyhetsmorgon - se alla klipp från programmet - tv4play.se

they wrote a wals for carl gustav 1976
Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Queen Elizabeth goes to the wedding! If not, I am crossing my fingers that Charles and Camilla represents the BRF with William and Harry. I think that the young princes owe some face time with the other royals don't you think?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I hope Queen Elizabeth goes to the wedding! If not, I am crossing my fingers that Charles and Camilla represents the BRF with William and Harry. I think that the young princes owe some face time with the other royals don't you think?
It´s not likely that Queen Elizabeth comes, but i think that it´s a good chance that we´ll see Charles and Camilla. But i don´t think that William and Harry will be there - for some reason the British RF doesn´t seem to like to mingle with their european partners in the same way as the other families do
Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Side2 is guessing about the guestlist of the wedding:

Google Nachricht
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Just now the geman TV magazine "Leute Heute" made a april's fool joke about the wedding. Vivian Westwood will be the desinger of Victoria's wedding gown and ABBA will be reunite for one gig at the wedding like in 1976
Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Nobility

They do that every year...
But actually it's a great idea^^ I would love to see that dress.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Closed Thread